Cinematic and Documentary Films in HD & 4K UHD

Pirates Lane Video will provide professional, unobtrusive and cinematic coverage of your special day. Choose from one of several wedding video packages or request a customized quote. To contact us, or for more information please visit our website.

Documentary, Dramatic

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Second Shooter Available, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Gloucester, MA New England (978) 265-7890

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Amanda T

Jim did an amazing job at our wedding! Our highlight video and full length video were beautiful. Each both had the most important clips we were looking for and were put together seamlessly. The HD video was perfect, and on our wedding day, Jim & his assistant were able to... Read More capture beautiful footage without being in the way of the audience/ photographer. Pleasant, helpful, and answers any questions you have right away! Jim even went out of his way to stay late during our wedding to capture footage of our last dance on the beach. Our videos will be something that we will cherish forever thanks to Pirates Lane Video! Thank you so much! - Amanda & Edi

2017-08-29T20:33:02 Response from the vendor

Amanda and Edi, thank you so much for the review, and for having me as your videographer!

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Nichole G

We couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Pirates Lane Video. Jim was an absolute professional. Prior to the big day, he was responsive to my email questions and quick to offer suggestions or solutions. I have to reiterate what the other reviewers mentioned... Jim is a... Read More ninja. No one even knew we had a videographer and there are only a handful of times that we were reminded of it. I'll be honest, I didn't think we needed a wedding video, but my husband was adiment. I'm so glad I listened to him. The shots in our highlight and documentary video are shocking; truly don't know how you got some of those. I can't wait to come up with another reason to hire you, Jim. It was an absolute pleasure working with you!!

2017-03-11T19:25:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Nichole! You guys were great to work with, and made my job easy. I'm glad you're enjoying the videos! - Jim

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Ramya K

Jim was fantastic! During the planning process he was thorough, helped us figure out what kind of end products we wanted, and cared about what we wanted video of. He was so effective with his communication! On the day of, he was unobtrusive, polite to our guests, and captured... Read More everything we were hoping for. We couldn't be happier with our choice!

2017-02-06T12:21:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! And thanks again for having me be part of your day, you guys were awesome to work with. - Jim

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Angela P

Hiring Pirates Lane Video was one of the top 3 best decisions we made while planning our wedding! For months, my husband and I could not decide if we even wanted a videographer, but when we came across Pirates Lane Video and met Jim, our decision was made. Jim was so friendly,... Read More down to earth, organized and very knowledgeable of his trade. When the big day came, he showed up early to set up and got footage with audio of all the big and small moments. Our guests (including my MIL) did not even notice he was there filming, yet he still managed to get up close footage. Our videos (both cinematic and short documentary) were delivered within the time frame he promised. Almost a year later, we have watched our videos countless times as they help us relive one of our favorite days! Thank you so much Jim!

2017-08-29T20:37:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for having me! It was such a beautiful day, I'm glad I could be a part of it, and thrilled that you're enjoying your videos!

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Lauren A

We were so impressed by our highlights film and documentary film for our July wedding. Jim was so helpful and flexible from the start. When it came to the wedding day, I swear he was like a ninja! He was completely unobtrusive but caught so many special moments. Our guests were... Read More shocked to hear after the fact that we even had a videographer because he was so stealthy! The finished pieces were perfect and we love to watch our videos to relive the day. We recommend Pirates Lane Video without hesitation!

2017-01-01T17:00:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the review Lauren. You guys were great to work with, and I'm so happy you're enjoying your videos! Happy new year!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Jenn M

An awesome end result for a great price. Jim was super friendly, professional and easy to work with and made our big day look like a movie. Thanks again for a job well done! Highly recommend!

2016-10-10T20:55:17 Response from the vendor

You're welcome, it was my pleasure. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Dan G

We are very happy with our decision to have Pirate's Lane as the videographer for our wedding. He captured every moment and it was amazing to see it all played back in our highlights video - you miss so much flying through the day that it's great to have someone there to record... Read More all the things you couldn't be part of! Not only that, Jim was so easy to work with and also affordable. We are truly happy with all of the video footage we received, both edited and unedited. I would definitely recommend Pirates Lane to any friend getting married!

simply amazing

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Amy S

Thanks Jim! No one even knew we had a videographer! he captured memories to last a lifetime!

Jim Merchant

A full time videographer, shooting about two hundred weddings (and numerous other events) over the last eight years, I'm still constantly learning and working to improve my skills. I get very sentimental about weddings, and I love romantic vows and funny speeches, but as a married father of three children (who are growing up way too fast), the parent dances always get to me the most. I think that's what my clients love about their wedding films, is that instead of just following the chronological events of the day, the film really gets inside the emotional arch of the day.