Pittsburgh DJ Company: The Knot Hall of Fame and more!

Pittsburgh, PA

Trust one of our award-winning Professional DJ's!

We know that this is the biggest day of your life. We understand the effort you put into it… we understand that you want it to be as perfect as possible. We’ve built our reputation using this knowledge as principle. We'll do our part to make it perfect. *************************************

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Rentals + Equipment

10 S Fremont Ave, Pittsburgh, PA (412) 680-3603
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Angie W

Great DJ company to work with and highly recommend Pat at Pittsburgh DJ Company! He also was the DJ for my sister's wedding -- if that tells you how happy we were ;-) He truly helps to pick songs that fit your crowd and is a major factor is setting the vibes for a great... Read More party. Don't waste you time, money and risk a bad wedding reception by picking a unproven DJ. Simply talk with Pat and you'll be confident from the start. Thank you so much Pat for all of you help!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Shawn T

My biggest concern before the wedding was whether everyone was going to have fun. But after I met Bob, all my worries vanished. He told me his plan for the reception, and he was right. There was never a dull moment. He helped make the reception a perfect day. I can't forget... Read More the lighting either. It was the perfect ambiance we were looking for.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Lindsay M

We highly recommend DJ Joe Orbovich from Pittsburgh DJ Company. At first, we didn't think we could afford a DJ but then Pittsburgh DJ Company urged us that they could find a price to fit our needs. Not only was the price right but the services they included in it were incredibly... Read More worth it. If it hadn't of rained, Joe would have given us three set ups for our venue (one for outside, two in). We ended up only needing him to set up one but he also left us an amp to use for after he left for the night. Joe even brought a GoPro to video some of our memorable moments! Everyone danced ALL night--he played the best music in a way that everyone could enjoy the whole night. It was a perfect day and Joe helped make it that way, we couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Lauren K

I cannot sing enough praises about Dean and his assistant CJ. Dean was who we talked to from the start; my husband and I wanted a DJ who was going to keep our wedding reception a big party and we told him that immediately. We told him we liked to party and have a good time and... Read More we wanted our guests to experience that. We used Dean for our cocktail hour to play some light music and he set up in the ballroom for the reception. Though we haven't heard much about cocktail hour we are confident that it's because people are still talking about the reception and the DJ. We didn't give Dean much to work with in the sense of music selections, we told him a few songs we wanted to hear and he took it from there and he went above and beyond. The dance floor was packed all night, even my 87 year old grandmother was out on the floor dancing with everyone. Along with the phenomenal job Dean did, both him and CJ were so professional. There were multiples times throughout the night the CJ approached my husband and I to let us know how we were on time, what dances were coming up, where we needed to be, and just all around so helpful. I would highly recommend Pittsburgh DJ Company and Dean to every bride and groom; they were professional, a great price, super easy to work with, and made our wedding reception everything we wanted it to be and more.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Rebecca L

Pittsburgh DJ Company delivered on everything they advertise. My guests were constantly dancing and having a fantastic time!! This was definitely a smart choice when it came to a DJ company and specifically working with DJ Dean. He took all of our wants and music choices and... Read More created such a great atmosphere for our reception. Thank you DJ Dean!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Liz M

DJ Pat had our guests on the dance floor all night long! He played all of our must haves and put his own spin on things, too, that kept people out of their seats and having fun. The wonderful thing was that Pat also was so kind and flexible and calming throughout the day. He... Read More kept us relaxed all evening long while keeping everything on track. We would choose DJ Pat and the Pittsburgh DJ Company again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Kim S

DJ Dean and Pittsburgh DJ Company were a part of our June 2017 wedding. They were awesome to work with. They made the whole process easy and fun. DJ Dean kept our dance floor packed all night - and I have received nothing but positive feedback and compliments from my guests. I... Read More highly recommend using the Pittsburgh DJ Company for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Ian M

Pittsburgh DJ Company did a great job. We had Dean McAfee as our DJ, who was excellent at doing announcements and keeping the night moving along and also incorporating our song preferences into a fun playlist. Music flowed well, and was well organized (no dance songs played... Read More during dinner or cocktail hour, for example). Very pleased with our experience working with Pittsburgh DJ Company and Dean.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Cathryn V

DJ Joe did a FANTASTIC job at our wedding. He was so much fun and seamlessly played our requests into his own set list. Everyone had an outstanding time and I don't think I ever really left the dance floor. He was also such a pleasure to work with, extremely nice and seemed... Read More to really care about us as people, not just customers. It was all about us, he wasn't one of those DJ's who needed to put on a show and be the center of attention.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Sarah O

Dj Pat was wonderful! He took such great care of us and kept everyone dancing the entire night. If I ever need a DJ again, I will absolutely contact him again first.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Nancy D

We picked this DJ after seeing them at another wedding. They were fantastic! They were very responsive and made our wedding fantastic! Dean was very friendly and was able to read our crowd well and played music all night long that everyone loved. Dean also kept us on schedule... Read More when we got caught up in having fun. We had a lot of specific songs we wanted played and Dean was able to work them in well. We had last minute changes the day before our wedding for the ceremony and Pittsburgh DJ Company made it happen with no issues whatsoever. Highly recommend, very professional, super friendly, played fantastic music, kept everyone having fun. LOVE Pittsburgh DJ Company!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Lucas M

We worked with DJ Joe Orbovich who was great and easy to work with. We met in person with DJ Joe about 2 months before our wedding to go over the times and details that we knew at that point. After the initial meeting, Pgh DJ Co. has an online worksheet that you can access to... Read More update all the details, songs and timing of things for the big day (e.g., songs you want played, introductions, father daughter dances, etc.). This was one of our favorite things because anytime an idea pops into your head, you can just log in and add it to your worksheet. DJ Joe then called us the week before the wedding to go over all of the details and ask us any questions he had. DJ Joe showed up right on time, set everything up, and then was ready to go for our ceremony and reception. He had 3 separate rigs for our ceremony, cocktail hour area, and reception area, and music transitioned seamlessly between all three areas as guests transitioned from place to place. Finally, he did a great job with the reception. The dance floor was constantly busy with people dancing, and we received many compliments from our guests about how great the DJ was. Our favorite thing with DJ Joe and the PGH DJ Co is that they actually DJ and transition songs in and out rather than just play a stock playlist. On at least one occasion, a song wasn't capturing everyone and Joe was able to quickly fade it out for another one that got everyone back into it. I can’t stress how valuable it is to have a DJ who does this as opposed to just “playing songs”. All in all, a great experience!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Jena b

Dean was absolutely great! He was so kind to us and read the dance crowd so well! You can't go wrong with Dean!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Melissa J

DJ Dean killed it at our wedding! I had a very specific playlist (with some interesting choices) and everything went off perfectly for both our outdoor ceremony and reception! I literally heard from all of our guests it was the most fun they had at a wedding! Dean was so... Read More organized and laid back the entire time, he really just made you want to have fun! Their online worksheet is amazing, especially for a super organized bride like me!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Elisabeth

I asked my husband to find the DJ for our wedding and he did a fantastic job! Pittsburgh DJ Company was easy to work with and quick to respond to emails and questions. Their website and portal make it easy to organize the events of your wedding. The day of everything went... Read More perfectly! The music was great and everyone was out on the dance floor. I would strongly recommend Pittsburgh DJ company for your event if you want a night full of dancing and memories.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Carolyn B

Dean at Pittsburgh DJ Company was the perfect DJ for our wedding reception at the Pittsburgh Children's Museum. He made everything so easy, listened to our requests, and played fantastic music. I've gotten several compliments from our guests about him. Thanks, Dean!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Elizabeth D

DJ Pat was amazing. Even with some hiccups in the night, he still kept the party going and it flowed easily. We have gotten so many compliments on how good he was, absolutely worth every penny!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Erin P

Pittsburgh DJ Company was great to work with! We met with Dean once and then filled out everything else via the online worksheet - which was super easy and convenient to complete. On the day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about anything as he took care of it all. The... Read More songs played were great to dance to and had a good mixture of old/new and slow/fast. I would highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Audrey C

DH Jan was AWESOME to work with! The Pittsburgh DJ Company is reasonably priced and great to work with. Jan met with my husband and I beforehand and was very thorough. Everyone at our reception was on the dance floor...and stayed on the dance floor all night. I would absolutely... Read More recommend Jan to future couples!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Janelle K

We had DJ Dean for our wedding in June 2016 and he was wonderful! He was very responsive before the wedding and helpful with any questions we had. We had a long list of songs we asked him to play and he did a really good job sticking to the type of music we wanted for both the... Read More older and younger crowd. Everyone was raving about our wedding and how fun it was-we actually found out the next day that we moved the entire dance floor since everyone was dancing all night long. I would definitely book the Pittsburgh DJ Company again.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

My wife and I had Dean as our DJ at our wedding and we couldn't have been happier. He was extremely professional and made sure everything we had planned happened without a hitch. He helped us stay on schedule and, most importantly, knew how to keep the dance floor hot when the... Read More time came to party! Dean also provided incredible background music for cocktail hour and nice, romantic standards during our dinner. We even had a few special requests that Dean handled expertly, like a special mp3 track from a groomsmen dance that we sent him in advance. Dean has my highest recommendation - I know that weddings can be stressful but everything he did was seamless and drama-free. There's a reason these guys are #1 - don't look anywhere else.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Vassie C

We had the best experience with Dj Pat! He was professional and helpful throughout the planning process and so much fun at the reception. Our dance floor was packed all night!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Katie W

We highly recommend Dean. He spent a lot of time with us in advance to figure out what our needs were and to make sure we chose an appropriate package. He handled the music for the ceremony as well as the reception. Things ran in a timely fashion and he did a great job curating... Read More a playlist that kept people dancing.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

DJ Dean and his team are amazing. When we first met with him, we told him we wanted a good time and man, did DJ Dean deliver. We actually had people out on the dance floor BEFORE dinner was even served!!! Words cannot express how amazing our night was, all because of DJ Dean. He... Read More absolutely kept the party going (and it would have kept going longer if we could have had our event space longer). We would ABSOLUTELY recommend Pittsburgh DJ Company to ANYONE. He's the best of the best.

DJ Dean was fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Erika M

DJ Dean McAfee and his team were outstanding and helped my wedding reception to flow smoothly from beginning until the end. DJ Dean was on top of things and kept the dance floor full the entire evening without any cheesy emcee-ing or interruptions. They were very responsive... Read More and accommodating during the planning process, too - something very important to me. I would highly recommend Pittsburgh DJ Company to anyone and hope to use him again in the future!