7-12 piece Platinum and Platinum Soul Band

Platinum provides a non-stop performance of Top 40, R&B, Motown, Classic Rock, Jazz, Big Band and more. 8 outstanding vocalists and dynamic horns. Flawless reputation...check out our Reviews! Jazz ensembles & Ceremony String ensembles available. Call to register for our upcoming showcase!

Instruments

Flute, Guitar, Keyboard, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010

Newton, NJ NJ, NY, PA & CT (973) 383-0300

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Nicole M

BEST decision we made for our wedding day! Not only did they sound PHENOMENAL but they really know how to read the crowd and play certain music depending on the audience. The dance floor was jam packed the entire night at my wedding! One song was better than the next. They... Read More even played an encore after the last song because everyone was begging for one more!! Everyone is still raving about how great they were. They really made my wedding so memorable. I would 100% recommend them, you won't be disappointed!!!!!!! I wish I could give them more stars :)

2016-09-13T09:53:39 Response from the vendor

OMG what an awesome review! Thank you! and you're absolutely welcome for an amazing night!! We LOVE amazing nights :)

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Carolyn R

They are the best wedding band around. They absolutely made my wedding the best party my guests have every been to. From start to first the music was incredible and everyone was up dancing and having a blast. I think music was one of the most important part of a wedding and they... Read More are worth every penny. They were also the band at my older sisters wedding and guests were so excited to hear that they would be at my wedding as well because they are THAT GOOD! Thank you Platinum band for making my wedding night a blast my husband and I thank you!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Natalie T

Our wedding was two days ago, and although I don't leave reviews often, I couldn't wait to write this more than well deserved one. From the start, Angel and the rest of the band were the epitome of professionals. Never having planned a wedding, I had no idea what I was doing,... Read More and Angel walked me through every step of the process. She diligently followed up and communicated well from the very start of our wedding planning process, through our wedding day. She was easy to get in touch with, and was patient with my (many) questions. We liked that we were guided through making personalized choices and the end result was a soundtrack for our wedding day that was more perfect and true to us than I could ever have imagined. One worry I had was that because our wedding was during the day (12-5) people wouldn't dance. Angel and the guys read our crowd and dance floor was completely full the entire time. Planning a wedding involves so many different details to research, plan, and oversee. It was so nice to be able to let go, and trust Angel with such an important aspect of what makes a wedding memorable- the music. At times, I forgot a band was playing. Sinatra songs sounded like he was singing himself, and the same goes for Coldplay, Springstein, and the list goes on. After the party was over, not a few, but multiple people told us they were the best wedding band they had EVER heard. One important word of advice if you are considering this band. If you are watching their videos on youtube (because who doesn't want to hear what their prospective wedding band sounds like)- they are 10x better live. We thought they sounded okay/good in the videos but weren't necessarily blown away. From the first song they played at our wedding we were absolutely blown away. They nailed every. single. song. Huge huge thanks to Angel and the guys. They were everything and more we could have wanted from a band at our wedding. You will not be disappointed that you trust them with yours as well. -Natalie

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Liz C

On a whim and sort of by accident I came across Platinum in a bridal magazine. I know what you’re going to say – you found your vendors in a bridal magazine?? Typically no, but after not finding what I was looking for in a band elsewhere, I decided to research them. After... Read More finding them on Youtube, my fiancé and I quickly said “these guys are amazing” as they were the perfect blend of our scattered and sometimes contradictory music tastes (any couple with an age gap will know what I mean!) They invited us to a showcase and we looked forward to finding out if their live sound was as good as their recorded sound. WAS IT EVER?! We sent in our deposit that same night. When it came to selecting our music (we used Platinum for our ceremony music, cocktail hour and reception), Angel was patient, helpful and knowledgable. There is literally no song they don’t know! They MADE our wedding and even though we chose 11 of them – you can genuinely tell how well run the band is, and how insanely talented each and every one of them are. They had our crowd (ages 20-85) up and dancing the entire night and while everyone compliments your wedding, the compliments on our band have literally not stopped coming in. We wish they played gigs so we can hear them more regularly but instead, we’ll just have to keep referring them so maybe a friend uses them in the future!! Thank you so much for making our wedding AMAZING. If you are even thinking of a DJ – don’t! If you are thinking of another band – don’t!! These guys can play ANYTHING variety-wise, decade wise, and they can jump around without making it seem like it. 10 stars!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Stephanie M

Platinum was absolutely unbelievable! They knocked it out of the park. The sound was perfect, the band was perfect, everything was way better than we expected and people WILL NOT stop raving. Definitely the best choice we made!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Jane R

This band is awesome. People were on their feet the entire night and had an absolute blast. Great musicians and the vocals were outstanding. Angel is a pleasure to deal with. Very professional and responsive. This is the second time I have used them and highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Joe C

Platinum Band was awesome!!!!! People would not stop dancing. The singers were great, the saxophone was awesome and the band was engaging. They played lots of Bruce (nailed Rosalita), and epic Shout rendition, and Piano Man was on point. I loved the band and would highly... Read More recommend them for any wedding.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016

Platinum Band performed at my wedding in 2015, and when my sister got engaged the first phone call made was to check the band's availability for summer 2016. We planned the date around the band because they did such an incredible job the first time, and last night they might... Read More have outdone themselves. From start to finish, Angel and the team were phenomenal. I had a guest come up to me later to say that he had never been to a wedding where people were dancing before dinner. It was a non-stop party the whole night. My entire family couldn't be more grateful to Platinum Band for making 2 of our weddings so special, memorable, and fun. We give them our highest recommendations.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016

The band is amazing!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Bryan G

Platinum went above and beyond our highest expectations. Angel was great to work with prior to our wedding and once the day came we were blown away. Our guests are still raving about the band weeks later. They played the music we both liked, read the crowd perfectly with hit... Read More after hit, and had everyone dancing all night. Nailed every genre too whether it was a favorite Bruce song or Pitbull. I can't say enough about how they helped make our special night the funnest night ever.

2016-08-22T18:57:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We wish you and Apryl much love and success in your new life together. Hoping to see you all again soon!

Incredible Wedding Band

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Elizabeth G

I had the 10 piece Platinum Soul Band at my wedding and was happy with them from the start. They played a showcase event for us to get a feel for them live, were very accommodating and organized - I didn't have to worry about them at all during my wedding planning process, and... Read More blew everyone away during our wedding. They were PHENOMENAL during our wedding - everyone is still raving about them from our wedding 5 months later. Fantastic singers, musicians, and entertainers. I had several people think that they played a CD for our entry song because they were so unbelieveable - and they had learned the song specifically for us! Thanks Angel & PBM, you guys were perfect!

The Highlight of the Wedding

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Colleen R

When I started wedding planning, I knew the one thing that I absolutely had to have to make my wedding an unforgettable experience - a great wedding band. I was even prepared to splurge for it. Luckily, Platinum Band Music was able to far exceed my expectations at an incredibly... Read More reasonable price. They truly blew everyone out of the water - we still have guests telling us how much fun our wedding was, and I attribute that in large part to Angel and the rest of the band who played an incredible show. Angel was particularly great about being flexible around our specific needs, and she was always on the same page as us about what kind of party we wanted to have. I have never seen so many people dancing instead of sitting down to eat their salad! By the time they ended the party on a rousing rendition of "Shout" our guests were ready to keep the party going into the early hours of the morning. From a diverse song selection to first-class sound, I would highly recommend Platinum Band Music to anyone! On a special aside - if you are a Bruce Springsteen fan, Platinum Band Music does phenomenal covers. It was almost like the Boss was in the house with us that night!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Samantha J

ABSOLUTELY fantastic!!! We had the full band, and they were so exceptional. Our guests were truly blown away and we got dozens of compliments about them. Angel was so easy to work with and made the process seamless with easy forms and song lists to fill out. When we were still... Read More choosing our vendors, Platinum did a showcase for a few couples at a local music store, which really helped us decide which band we were going to go with. An added bonus to have a private showing! They played all of the songs we requested, and didn't deviate from the feel and genres we selected, as sometimes is the case with DJs or bands. ALSO they never took a full break. Someone from the band was always playing, which I don't think I have ever seen at any other wedding. Additionally, the classical guitarist for our ceremony was exceptional. He played whatever songs we requested for my walk down the aisle and our recessional (You Make My Dreams Come True, by Hall & Oats!!) and totally made it work. I can't say anything negative about Angel and the entire band! Can't wait for some of my friends weddings to be able to enjoy them again and again!!

Best Band Ever!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

The Platinum Band absolutely made the wedding. They were unbelievable. All of our guests raved about them. They played the entire evening (with appropriate music during dinner). The song selection was awesome and our guests never left the floor. The horn section was terrific.... Read More The band played several Springsteen songs that were a huge hit (No Surrender was incredible!). was so easy to work with and really incorporated my daughter's suggestions and requests into the song list. Can't go wrong with this band.

Amazing Talent!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Amy C

My girlfriend had used Angel and Platinum Band Music for her wedding a few years ago and my husband and I were totally impressed. When it was our turn to start the hunt for a wedding band, nothing really jumped out at us. We decided to contact Angel, thinking that they may be... Read More way out of our budget, but were pleasantly surprised at the price, considering the quality and range that they perform. Angel even met with us at the venue to get an idea of the space and make suggestions about what would work best since we were having the reception in a restaurant. We had a piano player and sax player for cocktail hour, a jazz duo for the dinner portion and their "Platinum Soul" 10 piece band after dinner. The performance was flawless! They performed everything from Frank Sinatra, Bon Jovi, to Mark Ronson "Uptown Funk." We received so many compliments during the reception and people are still talking about how amazing the band was. I simply cannot say enough about the band and Angel. She made thoughtful suggestions and figured out how to make our wedding vision come to life in a non-traditional venue.

MADE our wedding night

Reviewed on 8/24/2015

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, we put a great deal of emphasis on finding the perfect band. After all, all a successful wedding needs is good food, good drinks and, most importantly, great music. The Platinum Band exceeded our expectations. They can play any... Read More song and sound *honestly* like the original artist. I remember a few times throughout our night thinking "is this a recording??" I promise you and your guests will have a fantastic evening if you hire the Platinum Band!!! Angelynn is a fantastic person to work with!! This band definitely knows how to get the party started!!

Amazing Band!

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Allison T

Platinum Band Music absolutely blew everyone away at our wedding this past weekend! Our guests kept telling us that there was never a time that the dance floor was empty and that was attributed to this stellar 11 piece band. They played a variety of hits and really knew how to... Read More read the audience. Our musically inclined guests particularly noticed the talent of the band and repeatedly told us that they could tell how much time and effort the group put into rehearsing and perfecting our song selections. In regards to cost, they are extremely reasonably priced (for such a large band) in comparison to other groups and are definitely worth more. Angel was especially a pleasure to work with! She is extremely responsible and professional and always made herself available to answer any questions or address any concerns. The band was also flexible with us for some of the last minute changes that we made to our song selections. We're so fortunate that the band was available for our wedding and 100% recommend them for your upcoming wedding! Don't wait to book them! Also check out their showcases if you're available. Thank you Platinum Band Music for making our wedding unforgettable!

Fantastic Band!

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Caitlin B

My husband and I were absolutely thrilled with Platinum Band music. From the initial planning process to our big day, Angel was wonderful to work with every step of the way. She was friendly and professional, and always answered my emails and phone calls in a timely manner. She... Read More had a lot of great song suggestions, and she also made sure that they performed songs that were special to us. The band even helped my dad and brother to perform a song at our reception! Not only did they go above and beyond, they were a phenomenal band. They played songs that guests of all ages enjoyed, and the dance floor was packed the entire night. We had so many people tell us that out of all the weddings they have been to, Platinum was the best band that they have ever heard. We are so grateful to Angel and the rest of Platinum band for helping to create a night that we will never forget.

Superb quality and excellent band!!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Kristy H

What a wonderful band to have at my September wedding. Angel (band leader) was so helpful and great to work with in the months and weeks leading up the the event - from quick email replies to informative phone calls, she addressed all of my questions and put me at complete ease... Read More when it came to the wedding musical entertainment. The quality of this band is unparalleled. We received countless compliments during our wedding and after, as people could not believe the top-notch quality of the music. The singers are exceptional and the depth of the sound quality really makes this band a hit. People were on the dance floor all night. The song selection fit exactly the tone we requested for our wedding reception and Angel did a great job "reading the crowd" to put together a great playlist. We also had a piano player during our cocktail hour which was beautiful. What a professional, friendly, and true musical masterpiece of a band. Thank you Platinum Band!!

Bride - August 17, 2014

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Melissa C

The band was excellent! Everyone was up and dancing on the dance floor. Multiple people asked me for their information because they want to use them in the future!

Platinum the band

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Sharon Lake R

This band was awesome. They went way above and beyond what they had to. Everyone danced and had a blast. I would 100 percent recommend them without any hesitation.

The band was fabulous!

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Rossana D

The minute I heard this band I knew I wanted them. They could play and sing any music. They were just fabulous and we had many compliments. One complaint was that we had been given a list of music and were asked if there was anything we wanted played that wasn't on the list... Read More and we did give them a few songs we wanted played an I was a bit disappointed that they were not. However, all the music that was played was top notch and had everyone on the dance floor!

Awesome Band!

Reviewed on 8/03/2013 Bridget M

We got the 11 piece platinum soul band and they were amazing. We have received so many compliments that they were the best band anyone has ever heard at a wedding. Do yourself a favor and go see them play. You wont regret it. And there price is very reasonable compared to a lot... Read More of bands we looked at.

Platinum Band Music ROCKS!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Jordyn S

These guys are the real deal. If you or anyone you know is looking for an amazing group of musicians look no further. PBM can do it all. New, old and everything in between. They were very accommodating and easy to work with. We really didn't have to give much direction either.... Read More It really made the whole song selection process very easy. From start to finish their set list was a hit! A huge thank you to Angel and all the members of platinum band for making our special day that much more special!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/03/2012 Rachel M

I cannot say enough good things about Platinum Band! They performed at our May 19th wedding and were amazing! They are such a talented group of musicians with a diverse repertoire of songs. They had all of our wedding guests on the dance floor all evening, which is exactly what... Read More I wanted and hoped for! They even learned a favorite song for us! The band leader, Angelynn Ritter, is organized, efficient, and easy to work with. She responded to emails quickly and was helpful in answering all questions. We got so many compliments about the band. Friends who have been to many, many weddings told us that they were the best wedding band they've ever seen perform...and we have to agree! I recommend them highly.

Angelynn Rittweger

I started Platinum in 2000 after leaving a NY based original band that toured and recorded heavily. My years of vocal training and stage performances had a better purpose! I'm a seasoned performer who loves bringing joy to people and doing it through music has been my lifelong journey. I'm blessed to be backed by a group of AMAZING singers and musicians who share my philosophies. Platinum Band Music was founded in 2006. Music is my life and it brings me great joy to create truly awesome parties!