A Tradition of Elegance for todays bride.

Poffie Girls has earned a reputation for outstanding, award winning service, selection & style. Whether cutting edge or traditional, look at Poffie Girls & look no more!

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Plus Size Available

512 S New Hope Rd, Gastonia, NC (704) 866-0198

LOVED THEM!

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Meredith J

I don't know where to begin....They were exactly what I wanted a bridal boutique to be! I went there with my mother after several disastrous appointments at bridal shops. We had an appointment and I met with a lovely lady named Vicky. She looked at me and in 10 minutes had a... Read More room full of dresses for me to try on. Styles I had not even thought I would like, she had me try on. I swore I would not get a strapless dress and it would not be form fitting.....well, as life would have it a strapless form fitting gown is what I wore on my wedding day! It was perfection and exactly what made me look the best. She knew what my body needed and I am so glad I trusted her to help me! Poffie Girls are professional, organized and truthful about delivery times....I can't say that about the store we bought our bridesmaids gowns from. If I could change one thing, it would be that I should have bought all of the girls dresses through them. It would have saved me a huge headache....I tell everyone I know to go to Poffie Girls now....it is worth the drive from Charlotte. Believe me ladies!!!

2017-01-04T12:55:53 Response from the vendor

Congratulations on finding your perfect gown! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Sarah M

I have purchased many prom dresses from Poffie Girls and just found my bridal gown from them. They are amazing and the staff is so helpful. They honor your budget and make it a great and comfortable experience. Vicki helped me and was awesome and picked the perfect gown for me!... Read More She was honest with me and listened to everything I had to say. Great place to look for your gown!!

2017-01-10T11:50:28 Response from the vendor

We are SO glad that you enjoyed your time with us at Poffie Girls and congratulations on finding your dream dress!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Alexis K

All I can say is WOW... Poffie Girls is above the rest! I went in there to try on wedding dresses as I had heard great things about Poffie Girls. The very first time I tried on dresses I found the ONE! Poffie Girls has such a great selection and their staff is so friendly. They... Read More truly make you feel like the only bride in the store. The staff helped me pick out the dress, earrings, a bracelet and my veil. Not only did I find my wedding dress there, but I ordered my bridesmaids dresses and my rehearsal dinner dress there as well. They have a great selection and it was a one-stop shop for my dress needs. On my wedding day I got so many compliments on my dress and several people said they had never seen a dress like it! I felt really special and I knew I made the right choice. I was SO happy with my Poffie Girls experience I'd HIGHLY recommend it to future brides!!!!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Ashlee S

Bekah is SO helpful! She is the sweetest and so patient with helping me find my veil! :) Definitely recommend her!! <3

2017-03-06T10:12:32 Response from the vendor

You are the absolute sweetest! We are so glad you had a great experience here at Poffie Girls. Please make sure to tag us in your wedding pictures, we'd love to see them!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Dana C

Excellent service with great accessories. My dress was exactly what I envisioned. Thank you!

2017-02-24T15:13:02 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! We are so excited that you found your perfect dress, and that you had a great experience with us. Make sure and tag us in pictures, we'd love to see them!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Shelley L

Hands down one of the BEST Bridal shops around!!! After numerous trips to different Bridal Shops and Boutiques, not finding that perfect dress...Poffie Girls had me saying "Yes" to the dress. Bekah was an AWESOME Consultant, she made finding my dress super easy and stress free!!... Read More She listened to my likes and dislikes about each dress. Their dress selection is CRAZY...every kind of dress you could ever think of, they have!! #JABrid

2017-02-21T14:56:07 Response from the vendor

We are so ecstatic that you had a great experience with us! We will definitely relay your kind words to Bekah. Congratulations again, on finding your perfect dress!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Meghan M

So, I purchased my Mon Cheri for David Tutera gown in March 2016. My wedding is June 2017. When I orginally purchased the dress, I was told they were ordering me a size ZERO, when I get the dress in June of 2016 the dress was a size FOUR! Way too big! Well I was also told that... Read More my first alteration and fitting would be included in my purchase price, not true at all, Poffie Girls actually recommends Dolce Alterations in Gastonia, little did I know that Poffie Girls gets a percentage off of your entire alterations bill when you go to Dulce after being recommended by Poffie Girls! That's not all! I was also told by the Manager at Poffie Girls that David Tutera is an Italian Designer and designs his gowns around Italian women, completely false! David Tutera is actually American and the company Mon Cheri is ALSO american!!! So I do not recommend Poffie Girls to anyone, don't get me wrong, I love my dress! but the customer service and lies I received did NOT impress me one bit. I'm now getting my gown Altered by Cheryl Young by Carolina Bridal and Alterations, LOVE her!!! shes been in the business for 30+years! She knows her stuff let me tell ya! Took my dress to her Jan 28th, My first fitting is Feb 25th! (: THATS how good she is! Just my personal experience laid out there for you ladies!

2017-02-02T15:18:22 Response from the vendor

Megan, we appreciate feedback and want nothing fore than to make you happy. Poffie Girls has been in business making brides happy for 43 years and we can only continue to do that with open communication and great customer service. Your gown was stunning and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Katie H

I could not have asked for a better experience than what I had at Poffie Girls! The selection was incredible and I found my PERFECT gown! I felt incredible at my wedding and am so thankful for Poffie Girls!

2017-01-10T13:24:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your sweet review!! Congratulations on finding the perfect dress, and thank you for trusting Poffie Girls to help you throughout such a special time in your life!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Sarah B

Poffie Girls is a beautiful bridal shop with a wide selection. I ended up buying my wedding dress from them solely because I loved the dress. Looking back on it, I would have ordered my same wedding dress through a different bridal shop. Every time I have gone in there, they... Read More have acted as if it was a burden to help me find a dress. The woman who helped me try on dresses (both the first and second time) was very rushed and only cared about making a sale. Poffie Girls' appointments are 1.5 hours long. When you come out of the dressing room, family can take pictures, etc. The saleswoman was rushing me back into the room without giving my family and I time to actually describe what we liked/didn't like about each one. I finished 20 minutes before my appointment was to end because we were rushed. If I asked who designed the wedding dress, it was as if I asked a question that she didn't want to answer thinking I would buy the dress from someone else. When I asked what my waist size was, out of curiosity, she said she couldn't tell me until I ordered the dress. Every other bridal shop I went to after Poffie Girls gave me this information without me even asking. Since we ended 20 minutes early, I decided to look at their bridesmaids dresses. I asked to see a swatch book to match dresses to my colors. She was reluctant to let me see the books, didn't describe how the dresses were laid out in the showroom and walked away to talk to another coworker. As I was leaving the bridal shop, I overheard two women who watched me try on dresses talking poorly about me. I went to several other bridal shops in the Charlotte area and didn't find anything I liked. The quality of the bridal shops wasn't as nice as Poffie Girls and neither was the selection. But one thing that stood out about the other bridal shops I attended was how they genuinely wanted to help you find your dress. Buying a wedding dress is more than just money and making a sale. Women need time to think over their decisions regarding their wedding dress as it is the most important dress they will ever wear. They shouldn't feel pressure from sales people either. I've never written a review about a business or asked to "speak to the manager" but I felt this was truly needed.

2016-12-19T13:37:09 Response from the vendor

We want to ensure that all customers have a wonderful experience here at Poffie Girls! A manager will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss this issue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Tiffany M

I loved my experience at Poffie Girls. My consultant, Bailey, was an incredible help. I was expecting to spend multiple weekend looking for "The Dress" because I am terribly indecisive! But with Bailey's help and advice she found the perfect dress and I said yes to the dress... Read More without a second thought!

2016-12-13T10:13:22 Response from the vendor

Congratulations on finding your perfect gown! We are so glad that you had a great experience at Poffie Girls!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016

Words can't describe how happy I am that I came to port is girls. I had been before to look for bridal gowns at other stores and felt rushed even when I made appointments and I came here and not for one minute did I feel rushed! I had so much fun trying dresses on and to be... Read More honest I didn't think I was gonna find one then Elizabeth plled one and I feel I'm love as soon as I seen everything come together. She was such a great help and was sssoo patient and sweet. I couldn't have asked for anything better!! I highly highly highly recommend Poffie girls!!! Thank y'all so much for your help in making my wedding day great!!

2016-11-28T12:53:36 Response from the vendor

We are so glad that you enjoyed your time at Poffie Girls and found your perfect gown! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Caroline M

Poffie Girls was the perfect place for me and my bridesmaids! It only took 6 dresses for me to find THE dress for me and Glenda was so helpful and patient with us! She made us feel so welcome and loved. My bridesmaids dresses were so beautiful and a great price too! I would... Read More recommend Poffie Girls to EVERYONE!

2016-11-16T14:21:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are SO happy to hear that you had such an awesome experience with us! Congratulations on your wedding and remember to send us pictures!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016

I can't say enough good things about Poffie Girls or my stylist . My stylist was Bailey, from the moment I met her I felt at ease, Bailey listened to everything I wanted and found me the perfect dress. With all her help I was able to say "Yes to the Dress". I highly recommend... Read More Poffie Girls but more importantly Bailey. Thank you for making my experience so special.

2016-11-16T14:23:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience! Congratulations on your wedding!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Amy A

Purchased my Bridal Gown from here. The Bridal Experience trying on gowns was great. My consultant took time listening to me and helped me find my perfect gown! I had come with a specific dress I wanted to try on, they carried the Designer, but did not have that gown in stock.... Read More In the end of course I picked the gown I had no idea I really wanted but it was absolutely perfect for me! I did not feel rushed and my consultant took care of all my fine details and ordering my gown down to the last buttons. My only complaint would be from my gown pickup day. Unfortunately I came during prom shopping season so the Salon was swamped with teens and their parents waiting in line to head upstairs. All the consultants were very busy and I did have to wait awhile to get my gown, try it on with assistance, & to pay the balance for the gown. Other than that my experience was awesome. They recommend Dulce Alterations in Gastonia for any gown changes, which I also used their services & loved!

2016-11-16T14:25:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience, and we apologize for your wait the day you picked up your gown. Congratulations on your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Hayle C

Poffie Girls was the second dress store I had been too and they had just what I was looking for. Glenda was so wonderful. She picked several different dresses and the first one was my perfect dress. If you are looking for a dress, wether it be for a wedding or prom, check them... Read More out. Reasonably priced!

2016-10-25T13:30:06 Response from the vendor

Congratulations on finding your dream dress! And we are so glad that you had a great experience at Poffie Girls!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Becca O

I went to the shop with my sister, Jen Omlor, to try on the bridesmaid dress she had picked out before she tried on wedding dresses. I cannot say enough about how fantastic Vicki was at taking care of both of us. From efficiently fitting me for my dress to finding the perfect... Read More dress for my sister, her 20+ years of experience helped make our day that much more fun and relaxing. She really had a sense of what would look best for my sister's body type. I can't wait to go back in 6 months for my own wedding dress fitting and worn with Vicki again!

2016-10-10T12:21:50 Response from the vendor

We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! And congratulations to Jen on finding her wedding gowns and bridesmaids dressed!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lauren H

Vicki and Elizabeth were WONDERFUL!! So thankful they helped me find the right dress to say YES!! :)

2016-09-27T09:20:55 Response from the vendor

We are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience and congratulations on finding you dream dress!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Sara H

My appointment with Poffie Girls was fabulous. Brynne helped me find the perfect wedding dress for my big day. She was patient, accommodating and never made me feel rushed to make a decision to get onto the next appointment. You could tell the management staff was trying to... Read More hurry her along to keep the appointments on schedule but she never relayed those feelings toward me. After you purchase the dress, they are completely done with you. Since I bought the sample size dress, we paid to have them store it for a couple months as my wedding was still a year away. Literally seemed to be the biggest inconvenience to them. Why offer it as as service if you don't want to do it? When we went to pick it up, they were rude, snippy and all but threw the dress at me and shoved me out the door. The lady held up the pink bag, still zipped and goes "Is this your dress"? Then we asked them to measure a couple of my bridesmaids I had with me so they could order their dresses & the lady refused to do so without charging me. They were the ones who originally told me to have my girls go into any bridal salon or seamstress and they would measure them for free.... seems a little hypocritical to not offer the same service? Thankfully, I loved my wedding dress. That was just about the only positive.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Kendall M

I had such a great experience with Poffie Girls! We got my dress from them back in July, and they were so friendly and very helpful!! My gown is due to come in within the next couple of months and I am so looking forward to working with them for my fittings! My consultant,... Read More Katie, was so sweet and worked with us the three times we went in! She even sent me a card after we purchased my dress telling me how excited she was for me! 10 out of 10! I would suggest going on week nights to ensure the best experience!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Kari T

I highly recommend Poffie Girls as the place to go to find your dream wedding gown. The staff is wonderful and make you as the bride their top priority. They also have a large gown selection including many designer gowns. I had a wonderful experience at Poffie Girls and... Read More absolutely love my wedding gown!

Reviewed on 1/22/2016

Kayleigh was AMAZING to work with!!! I can't say enough great things about her. I had the time of my life working with her at Poffie Girls. First, the place itself is beautiful. They have by far the best selection of dresses I'd ever seen and had exactly the style I was looking... Read More for - girly, fun, but not over the top. Their dresses were also much more modern and young age (in a good way!) than many other stores I looked at that just had a really matronly style of stress. Kayleigh made me and my family feel so welcome from the start, and she made the whole process so fun and non-stressful. She took her time and made sure she understood exactly what I was looking for. By the second dress, she had nailed it. I tried on many dresses but we kept coming back to that one and I eventually went for it! She also decked me out in jewelry and a veil (which I ended up buying because they matched so well!) so I could get the true bride experience. Despite her enthusiasm, she never once pressured or pushed me. She supported whatever decision I made and emphasized that the day was all about me. Poffie girls is just such a fun place - everything I would imagine in a bridal salon and more. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a fun experience and lots of great options!! They even had cake samples and champagne while I was there - so much fun! Thanks Poffie Girls!!

Bridal Salon

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Brittany M

My first experience with Poffie Girls was about five years ago when I was searching for my debutante dress. After searching in Charlotte and the surrounding area, I finally found Poffie Girls. I believe the lady that helped me at that time was Myra. Last year I went back in... Read More search for my wedding gown. After trying on about six dresses, I found "the one". The manager that was helping me was not pushy at all but gave her honest opinion. My mom and I went on a weekday afternoon so it was nice and quiet. Due to a slight mix-up with my appointment time, I had my alterations done in-house. It was quick and very reasonable.

BEST DRESS SHOP THERE IS!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Courtney B

This store is AMAZING! I went to 3 different bridal stores and this was BY FAR the best!The customer service is top notch. It is such a cute old home, and the giant mirrors they have around the shop are great! They also have dim lighting so you can see how your dress will look... Read More in different lighting- no other salon did that. They also "jacked me up" like they do on "Say Yes to the Dress". Again- no other stores did this to really give me the true feeling of being a bride. They also have a GORGEOUS selection of gowns and they were much better priced than the other stores I visited. I will recommend Poffie Girls to anyone and everyone I know looking for a bridal gown!

2015-12-02T09:53:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for your kind words!! I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience and we were able to help you find the perfect dress for your wedding!

Excellent Experience

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Lauren H

I had a fantastic experience at Poffie Girls, and chose my dress after just two visits. Brynne was extremely friendly, and patient, and did a great job assisting me as I had no idea what to expect going into the process. Prices varied making it nice to have the options, and... Read More there were plenty of styles to choose from, too. The only hard part (and I don't think this is unique to PG) was that all of the dresses were much smaller than my size, so it's hard to tell the true feel of the fit. That's a bit scary but you have to trust when they take your measurements and order your size, it will be just right. I'd recommend going on a week day because it's MUCH less chaotic and you can get even more of a personalized experience than you can on a Saturday.

2015-11-16T12:36:57 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you enjoyed your experience here at Poffie Girls! We appreciate your feedback and the time you took to review our shop! Thank you, Thank you!

The dream dress I didn't know I wanted!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Rachel A

All of my appointments at Poffie Girls were amazing! Casey Thomas was my consultant at my first appointment, she picked a wild card dress after she picked a couple of dresses in the style I "thought" I wanted. I ended up falling in love with the wild card dress even though I had... Read More no idea I would love that silhouette! All other fitting appointments were great! I had no major catastrophes with my dress and it was perfect on my wedding day :)