Fun, whimsy, modern custom cake shop

Olga Lee and her team collaborate and design your cakes for your big day anything from buttercream, fondant, sugar flower work or hand painted cake. Consultations by appointment.

Cake Accessories, Cakes + Desserts

2826 Rio Grande Street, Austin, TX serving Austin, TX (512) 476-3687

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 2/23/2013 ashley o

We used Polkadots for our Austin wedding. Olga was fun and easy to work with. I gave her a basic idea of what we were looking for, which was a dessert bar of cookies, cupcakes, and cake pops with a small cake for my groom and I. The color scheme was very important to me, and she... Read More nailed it! Our cake was beautiful and we got so many compliments on the yummy desserts. We received excellent service from Polkadots and we could not have been happier with the end results. When we got back to our room later that night, we found a sweet little treat from Olga with a lovely card - she went the extra mile for us and I would absolutely recommend! Thank you Olga and Polkadots for being part of our day and helping to make it perfect!

Excellent

Reviewed on 7/07/2012 Kelsey M

Olga at Polkadots Cupcake Factory is amazing. Everything I ate that she made was fantastic. The cupcakes she had us sample at our cake tasting, our groom's cake at our rehearsal dinner, and the wedding cake. Her designs are also beautiful. I didn't have a very clear idea of what... Read More I wanted for my cake, Olga came up with a great idea to use my wedding dress as a guide. The cake was beautiful. It wasn't a literal interpretation so it didn't look silly but instead a beautiful design that hinted towards the dress. She is also super sweet and extremely easy to work with. I would highly recommend her!

Sweet from start to finish!

Reviewed on 6/15/2012 Clare N

The groom's favorite part of the wedding planning? Tasting Olga's delicious cake flavors and (with difficulty) choosing 3 for the gorgeous 4-layer cake she designed for us. From start to finish, our experience with Polkadots was delightful: personable service, excellent value... Read More within our budget, and a delicious, delicious product. Your cake is such an important centerpiece at your reception. Choose Polkadots for a beautiful dessert on your beautiful day. (And some cupcakes to take with you!)

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Emily S

Olga is an incredible baker and so sweet. My groom, my family, and I are all gluten-free and she did an amazing job with our gluten-free dessert spread! I changed the order several times and Olga stuck with me each time and made sure everything was correct on my order. The... Read More desserts were absolutely beautiful and all of our guests were saying how delicious our wedding cakes were! Thank you, Olga!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Melissa H

Olga and her staff at Polkadots did an amazing job on the cake and cupcakes for our daughter's wedding. Her creation of a 6" cake with bark design and carved initials was just what the bride envisioned. It was vanilla, vanilla flavored and we also had 2 flavors of cupcakes,... Read More bordeaux berry and chocolate sea salt. They were all amazing! We tasted several other cupcake bakers, and the choice was easy, Polkadots is the best! Olga's cakes are very moist and flavorful. Even the vanilla is scrumptious!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Jenny R

I can't think of a better word to describe our experience with Olga than EFFICIENT. Being a Type-A, this is very important to me. Every part of my experience with her was so seamless and painless. Our tasting was so quick - Olga understood what we were going for and just ran... Read More with it. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she made our cake look even better. I received SO many compliments on how beautiful our cake was and just how delicious it was. I know many of our guests had a lot more than one slice on our wedding day. She even baked us cupcakes which we thoroughly enjoyed in our hotel room. Great service and beautiful work!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Jenny P

Olga is so friendly and talented. She did a beautiful wedding cake for us and her macarons were delish! I guess I overestimated how big of a cake we needed but believe me, the extra cake is not going to waste. Everyone loved the cake and desserts. Will definitely be using... Read More her for special occasions in the future and when I just want a delicious cupcake. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 3/11/2016 Jennifer B

Polkadots is by far the best cake I've ever tasted, I'm so glad we had them at our wedding! Olga made the most perfect tiered cake for us - I'm not really a sweets person, but her creation was divine. The cupcakes that they sell out of the shop are also fantastic!

Cake was PERFECTION!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Sasha J

Olga did my wedding cake for my 10/24/15 wedding in Austin. The tasting we did was so good! She made us a different flavor on each Tier. After our meeting she knew exactly what I wanted and when I finally saw it on my wedding day I never have been happier. I loved the textures... Read More on each layer. My cake was perfect and yummy!

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 Karen C

We use Polkadots for all of our special occasions - birthdays, graduations. We were certain that we would use the bakery for our wedding. We met with the owner (Olga) about 6 months before the wedding to taste cake samples and to discuss our ideas were for the bride's and... Read More groom's cakes. We left her pictures of cakes we had seen in magazines that had the look we wanted. She delivered the cakes on our wedding day. The cakes were beautiful and so yummy. We could not ask for anything more to make our day so special.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

Polkadots made our wedding cake and it was absolutely stunning! Their flavor combinations made our cake incredibly special and their attention to detail was amazing. We just couldn't be happier! -J and C

Yummy!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Holly D

My mother, my husband, and I went to that place and have a cake tasting. OMG! It tasted so good! Olga did an amazing job to make exact cake that my husband and I wanted for our wedding! :-)

Amazing dessert table

Reviewed on 4/30/2015

Olga and the team at Polkadots created the most amazing dessert table and cake for our wedding. Instead of doing a groom's cake, she took my father-in-law's pineapple upside down cake and made mini cakes for us. Everything was delicious and our guests are still raving about the... Read More desserts.

Delicious, lip smacking satisfaction!!!

Reviewed on 2/23/2015 Leah D

After taste testing a couple of cupcakes from Polkadots, we immediately knew we wanted to get a variety of regular and mini cupcakes and cake pops from them for our mid-February wedding. Olga was so lovely to exchange emails with, and we ordered a variety of sizes and... Read More flavors. Olga’s sweet husband hand delivered the beautifully designed goodies to our wedding at The Plant in Kyle, Texas (which is wayyyy out there!) the morning of our wedding. He not only delivered them all intact down a seriously bumpy road, but lovingly set them up and styled them to perfection on our cake table. Polkadots was so thoughtful they even sent us a couple of other little treats that we promptly devoured before our ceremony ☺ We thought we ordered way too many, but to our delight our guests ate them all right up… with many admitting to devouring at least 3 of the delicious cupcakes!!! We can’t recommend Polkadots more highly for their quality, incredible customer service, and lip smacking satisfaction!!!

The BEST!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Courtney B

Let me start by saying we did a tasting at another popular wedding cake bakery in Austin and it NOWHERE near compared to Polkadots! Olga met us for the tasting and we were so blown away, that we ended up deciding to do 5 different cakes. Yes 5...bc the flavors were so incredible... Read More we couldn't narrow them down. I began to follow her on Instagram as well and I wish I lived in Austin bc she makes the most amazing cakes, cookies, macaroons, you name it. She is a true artist and her style is just as incredible as her baking skills. 10 stars not 5! The only wedding cake baker to choose in Austin (hands down)!!!

Polkadots Cupcake Factory is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Mandy O

I used Polkadots Cupcake Factory for my wedding and everything was amazing! We did a dessert bar with 4 desserts. Olga and her team made us caramel macaroons, mini apple pies, snickerdoodle cookies, and pumpkin spice cupcakes. Everything was DELICIOUS! Our guests loved it all!... Read More She was so sweet throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend using Polkadots Cupcake Factory for you wedding or any other party or event!

Delicious Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014

I would recommend Polkadots if you are looking for a beautiful and delicious wedding cake!

Loved Polkadots for our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 Lindsey M

Our wedding coordinator provided us with Polkadots on the vendor referral list she gave us. We narrowed it down because we heard they were more open-minded and less traditional about desserts, and very willing to use bright colors if we wanted them! We did a tasting and found... Read More multiple cupcakes we really liked. We did a small, two-tier cake and three types of mini cupcakes, each with a different flavor. We also did vanilla macarons in three colors. Everything was great! They showed up on time and although I barely got one bite of cake myself and no macarons, I heard everything was delicious from all my guests. The only minor negative is that payment wasn't the easiest. I couldn't do it online and every time I called the shop, Olga wasn't there and the other employees could never locate my order so we played phone tag for a while. Otherwise, great experience overall and I would definitely recommend Polkadots!

Highly Recommended for desserts and cake

Reviewed on 3/27/2014 Shina L

I have always gone to Olga for her delicious cupcakes over the past 3 years in Austin, TX after my twin introduced me to them. I have yet to find another cupcake place anywhere that is as yummy and appealing as Polkadots. My husband and I decided to have them cater for our... Read More wedding this month and we trusted that everything Polkadots made would be amazing. I rarely needed to contact her after the tasting because I knew she would get the job done. Well the day of our wedding, they set up and decorated beautifully and placed the desserts and cake along with our desserts we purchased on a vintage white buffet table (provided by our venue). We had a simple rustic buttercream two tier dulce de leche cake, mini cupcakes with red velvet, strawberry and cream, and dulce de leche, and coral and mint vanilla flavored macarons. Coral and mint were our colors and they did a perfect job of matching the colors with our theme. Everyone loved the desserts and although we didn't get a chance to indulge in the desserts (when does the bride & groom get to have a chance to rest and eat!??!), Olga packed us some cupcakes for the night. She was so sweet and we also found a thoughtful handwritten card after returning from our honeymoon. She was so helpful in knowing what I wanted, the tasting was a great experience, she took her time and did not rush us, and was professional and her desserts were outstanding! She is a genuine person and wants to get to know you personally and it will show on your wedding day. I highly recommend them to cater for any event or just go to their place to eat their cupcakes and cakes!! Thanks so much Olga and Polkadots for making our wedding day perfect and for making our guests happy with your desserts!

Yummy!!!

Reviewed on 3/19/2014 Shannon D

We used them via Crave catering for the Grooms cake and the Wedding cake. They made an amazing baseball stadium for the grooms cake and mine was a simple, very small cake that was beautiful. They also made cake balls for us to pass around the wedding. They gave us so many... Read More samples for the both the cakes and cake balls and then when my husband wanted a certain kind for his grooms cake, they made us a little mini cake for him to try. I do not like cake, nor do I eat it rarely, but theirs were amazing. They made mine just the way I wanted it, lots of icing and little cake. I was very impressed that I actually wanted to eat more after we cut it! I am not sure about the exact pricing since it went in with the caterer, but I believe it was affordable, even the fun grooms cake! :)

One of the best decisions we made!

Reviewed on 2/09/2014

My husband and I are so happy we chose Polkadots Cupcake Factory to do our cakes. The main cake was exactly what I had envisioned and more. We did a strawberry cake and I feel like strawberry cake is one of the harder flavors to pull off. They did it beautifully. So many people... Read More have asked me about our cake, even months after the wedding! The groom's cake and mini cupcakes were perfect too! Olga is a delight to work with and her cakes are so flavorful and unique. When I arrived to the venue, she was setting up the cakes and I was so happy with what I saw I gave her a big hug! We'll be a customer of Polkadots forever. I highly recommend them for any of your cake needs, but especially for your special day!

Polkadots is awesome!

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Sarah D

I have been a huge fan of Polkadots ever since I was an undergrad at UT and was beyond excited to have them do my wedding cake, groom’s cake and mini cupcakes. Olga was fantastic to work with. She was extremely responsive and a great listener. Not only was everything delicious,... Read More it was gorgeous and exactly the way I had envisioned it. I could not have been happier with my experience with Polkadots!

Best cake in Austin, hands down

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 kathy f

Olga and Polkadots is really as good as it gets. She made our wedding cake (lemon and strawberry shortcake layers). It was divine, and I had so many guests tell me just that, if not in person, than via email to share their raves. Our cake was beautifully designed, moist,... Read More delicious, not overly sweet, on-time. They even sent us home with cupcakes after our wedding, which were the best treat after the big day. I've been to so many weddings where the cake looked pretty, but was such a sugary and flavorless afterthought. Not with Polkadots...they'll remember it. Thank you so very much!

Best in Austin!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Heather C

Ever since Polkadots opened near UT's campus during my time at school I KNEW that they would have to be the ones to do my wedding cake. Olga and her team not only make delicious desserts, but they're so pretty too! Working with her was so easy and fun and she really was able to... Read More give us everything we wanted---a little wedding cake for cutting, mini cupcakes, and mini cookies--something for every palate! And on the day of the wedding she even gave us a little goodie bag complete with the full-size version of the cupcakes we served and a very sweet card. We could not be happier with how everything turned out and I cannot wait to get back to Austin and Olga's delicious cupcakes!

Yummy Wedding Cupcakes!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2013 Stephanie K

Both my husband and I have been LONG-time patrons of Polkadots (I think since they opened). I had and still have an unhealthy craving for cupcakes on an almost weekly basis and Polkadots let me indulge myself :p Since we've been enjoying their cupcakes since we were undergrads... Read More at UT, it was a no-brainer to have them make our sweets for our wedding! Olga was very prompt in communicating through email and we set up a tasting/planning session soon after I first contacted her. At the tasting, the cupcakes were, of course, delicious and moist! Olga even went through the trouble of recreating a cake flavor J & I were looking for but couldn't find. She was also very helpful in suggesting different ways we can display our cupcakes. Polkadots has platters and display towers you can rent, so you don't have to worry about having to contact yet another vendor for those things. On the day of our wedding, the delivery went off without a hitch! All of our guests enjoyed the cupcakes and the variety of flavors. Olga even made a special to-go box of cupcakes for me and J - we weren't expecting it, so we were pleasantly surprised :o) The only reason why I took off a star for quality was because the cake was more pink than I was expecting. This might have been because of miscommunication/colors not displaying the same on different computer monitors. I was hoping for a light pink/blush color but I received a bubblegum pink cake. I was also hoping to see a picture of me & J's cake on Polkadot's Flickr page along w/all the other pretty cakes and cookies but it wasn't there. Overall, we had a very good experience w/Olga and Polkadots. We still walk over to the shop for a cupcake every now and then!

Start a Conversation!