Polonia Catering

Serving Chicago Area & NW Indiana

Catering Solutions for Every Event

Never settle for "wedding food." Backed by 45 years of experience, we offer outstanding food, impeccable service, and affordable pricing that will allow every bride to have her dream wedding day. Choose from our extensive menu or allow us to personalize a menu for you.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Italian, Latin American

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

8523 W. 191st Street, Mokena, IL Serving Chicago Area & NW Indiana (815) 464-8844

Nitro Dessert Station- Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 7/01/2012 Jackie D

We used Polonia Catering for their Nitro Dessert Station. Instead of a dessert table, we did ice cream sundaes. That is all our families kept talking about- how cool the Ice Cream station was! It was a very cool looking & delicious, and the price was very reasonalbe- $3 per... Read More person. So good- that there was a line down the dance floor. It was one of my favorite treats of the night!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Austin C

The people at Polonia are amazing they helped every step of the way and might I add they offer the ABSOLUTE BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED AT A WEDDING!! My wife and I have had more than 25 guests contact us about Polonia because they loved the food so much!

shower

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Jennifer

My wedding shower was here and I loved it and got rave reviews on the food! I loved everything aobut the service and the shower!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Julia I

We had Polonia cater our wedding and we were so blown away by the excellent service, communication and reliability of the staff. We had SO many compliments on our family-style dinner and they went above and beyond to pack a large tray of leftovers for my husband and I to take... Read More with us in the limo upon leaving the wedding. We would highly recommend Polonia Catering!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 M R

We used Polonia for our food, ice cream, and some rentals for our wedding. We absolutely loved our experience, no regrets. The staff are amazing to work with, the invoice and payment system is easy to work with. And the food.....wow the food was unbelievable. We had so many... Read More comments from our guests about the food. If you are looking for some tasty and non-traditional wedding food, look no futher. Looking forward to picking up some pierogi from their storefront to celebrate our anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Michelle F

Polonia did an exceptional job with our outdoor tented wedding! They were great to work with in ordering the food and desert and then their work during the wedding was outstanding. They were extremely professional and took it upon themselves to make sure everything ran smoothly.... Read More Thank you Polonia for running such a wonderful service!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Whitney S

Amazing food and customer service

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Christy J

Amazing staff!!! And amazing food!!! I highly recommend Polonia catering!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Lauren E

Polonia was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. The food was very important to us, and we really wanted a pig roast. They walked us through everything step by step, were very patient with all of our questions, special requests and helped us achieve the party we envisioned.... Read More All of our guests raved about how good the food was that day and are still raving months later. They told us it was the best wedding food they have ever had. If you want a superb meal at your wedding and your guests to be satisfied Polonia is the choice!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Danielle N

Overall, the experience was all right. I felt Polonia was unorganized because there were multiple times my invoice was not correct. The food is reasonably priced. However, the "extras" are ridiculously overpriced. I sent multiple e-mails regarding a high chair for the... Read More ceremony, and the day of the wedding there was no high chair. My coordinator had to go to her own home to bring her personal one. I felt the service crew the day of the wedding were very polite and did a good job throughout dinner.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Hailey D

Excellent food, wonderful service! Holly was a joy to work with and everything went great at the wedding! Absolutely loved the mashed potato bar and so did all of our guests! Everyone was raving about how good the food was!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Renee S

Quick set up, great service, great communication, reasonable rates.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Cindy S

Would highly recommend, excellent food and excellent service . They were on top of everything and would recommend them for anything , great service and great food!

Incredible Service & Food for Bride on a Budget

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Kaitlin F

As a bride-on-a-budget (under $15k for EVERYTHING for the wedding), it was important for me to determine the most important aspects of the wedding which deserved the most investment. My two choices for that were catering and photography. We had a unique, small wedding of 75... Read More guests on a rooftop in Chicago and hosted a cocktail style reception. All of our catered food was passed hors d'oeuvres. We chose simple foods (sliders, grilled cheese, quesadillas, mini cheese pizzas, etc.) and my favourite was the BBQ pulled pork on a corn fritter. I wouldn't say the food 'blew my mind' but it satisfied our classic tastes and I was more concerned about the quality of the cupcakes- which were purchased from a separate bakery. The service of the catering staff from Polonia was above and beyond my expectations. The catering staff at my wedding was incredibly friendly and helpful in every way possible. I couldn't have asked for a more warm and friendly crew. I also rented twenty white folding chairs, five cabaret cocktail tables, and five tall boy tables along with tablecloths and sashes chosen from a wide range of color options so that the ones I got matched my wedding colors perfectly! The staff arrived plenty early to get it all set up exactly where and how we wanted it and they did it all with a smile. My entire experience with Polonia was extremely positive and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great service at a great price.

Awesome

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Polonia help to make our wedding dreams a reality. Holly and Brian were so easy to work with. Since we had a lot of out of town guests we decided to have our ceremony and reception in the same place with around 150 people and it was perfect. We a had cocktail hour in the front... Read More garden. Then we went to the reception on the west side of the grounds to a tented room. They did such an amazing job making everything just flow so seamless. The food was excellent ! We received lots of great reviews from our guest.I came to Polonia with a lot of ideas and every time I emailed Holly or Brian asking if I could do this instead of that they would always make it happen! Both are a dream to work with. They are organized, energetic, and you can tell they really enjoy making every wedding what the Bride and Groom wants!! I had so many guests after our wedding compliment the venue/food/service/ Music overall good time they had all. Thanks so much Polonia ( Holly, Brian and staff) for making it a wonderful event!!! They can do it all!

Incredible food!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Megan H

The most talked about thing from our wedding reception was the food! Everyone raved at how good the food was and how great the service was from Polonia. We did a buffet dinner with several entree choices including the brisket and chicken parmesan which were absolutely... Read More delicious. All the other details that Polonia handled for the reception went very smoothly including the set up, the linens, and even the extras like the cocktail tables we rented to put on an outdoor patio at the venue. However, my personal favorite was the ice cream options! We did a mix in station after dinner and it was such a fun and unique thing to have at a reception. The staff at Polonia were extremely friendly and professional and the food was amazing. I would highly recommend them and I felt that the prices were very reasonable especially with the amount of food we have. Overall I was very pleased with my experience with Polonia.

Absoluely delicious!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Tarsha F

Their service is awesome and so is the food!!! There was not one complaint from our 150 guests!! I will definitely use their services again!!!

Barn wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Not only did I use Polonia for my own wedding, I now host weddings at Konow's Farm and refer them to everyone. They are our number 1 vendor. I would never recommend a vendor if I did not like them or if their quality of service was not exceptional. Polonia is always on time,... Read More food is always just right, their service is top notch and the pricing is perfect for all types of weddings. I obviously think the world of them if I recommend them to all my brides and grooms. I do not stamp my name to any vendor, but for Polonia I would and do! They provide the coolest plates and real silverware. I have used them for over 15 events already and plan to continue to use them for every event we host at the farm, not to mention my own personal events. Best service, food and management around!!! Thank you Polonia for making ALL of my brides and grooms happy and for your dedication to the art of which you do. :)

Polonia Caterng was Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Jana L

I was truely impressed with the service, food, and set up from Polonia. From the first appointment to the very end they were professional and were available for anything. The food was absolutely amazing. You don't normally have that at a wedding. Everything went and people were... Read More looking for more it was so good. I have had quite a few people come back and ask me about the caterer they were so impressed. The servers were extremely nice the day of and husseled to keep bringing out food. I would absolutely choose them again for an event!!

Everyone raved about the food

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Elaina K

First of all, their food is delicious. Many, many guests specifically commented on how great the food was at our wedding. We had dinner served family style as well as some blintzes and pierogi on our dessert table. Everything was plentiful and hot. The staff was very friendly,... Read More and the head of the staff (he might have been a chef) for our event came around to the tables—like in a nice restaurant. The coordinator Brian was very accommodating and easy to work with. He is a busy man, so have patience!

Exceptional service and quality for an affordable cost!

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Abby S

Polonia catered our wedding reception in June and we were extremely pleased with the quality of their food, extensive menu selection, and service provided during the event! I had looked into many other caterers for our wedding and Polonia was by far the most affordable of them... Read More all. Brian and Jennifer are awesome to work with- both very helpful, responsive and friendly. We chose to have a family style dinner which our guests absolutely loved and said that it made for a fun and social dining experience. Polonia's staff could not have been more courteous during our reception. They even set up our dessert table for us despite having ordered dessert from another vendor. I highly recommend Polonia!

DELICIOUS FOOD and AWESOME STAFF

Reviewed on 1/06/2014 Ashley G

Polonia catering was AWESOME! We made our catering decision a little late, but they were more than willing to help us out. Brian was great to work with and everyone went above and beyond to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. The food was awesome! From the initial... Read More consultation, we loved everything and knew we had made a great choice. We went with the pasta bar as one of our main entrees and it was a big hit with all our guests. We are still getting comments about how it was the best wedding food anyone has had. Polonia catering did a great job and Brian and his team were a pleasure to work with.

Beautiful outdoor wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 rachel n

We hired Polonia Catering to provide our appetizers, main course (buffet style), seating and tables, and tent for our backyard September wedding. We contacted them early in the planning process based on reviews we found on The Knot. Brian was very accommodating with all of our... Read More requests and made the process very simple. The staff, including the crew who installed the tent (Fairy Tale Tents and Events), were very easy to deal with. During dinner the staff was effective and unobtrusive, we hardly noticed they were there. Overall, we really enjoyed the service we received and the food was the hit of the party (we went with the Caribbean menu, jerk chicken and grouper with mango salsa). Highly recommended.

Nitro ice cream station

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Sherry E

As mother of the groom I never got time to visit but everyone at the wedding that did raved about it. A definite hit that we were glad we had added.

Father of the Bride

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

Everyone worries about the food for their wedding , will the portions be large enough how will it taste will the service be adequate. With Brian and his team you will not have to worry, they provided everything we needed and more, from the decorations to the clean up when it was... Read More over. Brian and his team take great pride in both the quality of the food and service they provide, much of the food and appetizers were prepared on site making it as fresh as possible, we had a dual entree meal that was served and Brian prepared each individual plate personally by hand. I do many events were I work so I know first hand what it takes and how challenging it can be and never have I had someone who actually relieved stress from me, Mike who managed the dinner was the best, he told me not to worry and enjoy my daughters wedding and that he would take care of everything, and he did, and more. Polonia is the best, the decorations, food, staff and attention to detail is second to none