Polonia Catering

Serving Chicago Area & NW Indiana

Catering Solutions for Every Event

Never settle for "wedding food." Backed by 45 years of experience, we offer outstanding food, impeccable service, and affordable pricing that will allow every bride to have her dream wedding day. Choose from our extensive menu or allow us to personalize a menu for you.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Italian, Latin American

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

8523 W. 191st Street, Mokena, IL Serving Chicago Area & NW Indiana (815) 464-8844

Nitro Dessert Station- Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 7/01/2012 Jackie D

We used Polonia Catering for their Nitro Dessert Station. Instead of a dessert table, we did ice cream sundaes. That is all our families kept talking about- how cool the Ice Cream station was! It was a very cool looking & delicious, and the price was very reasonalbe- $3 per... Read More person. So good- that there was a line down the dance floor. It was one of my favorite treats of the night!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Julia I

We had Polonia cater our wedding and we were so blown away by the excellent service, communication and reliability of the staff. We had SO many compliments on our family-style dinner and they went above and beyond to pack a large tray of leftovers for my husband and I to take... Read More with us in the limo upon leaving the wedding. We would highly recommend Polonia Catering!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 M R

We used Polonia for our food, ice cream, and some rentals for our wedding. We absolutely loved our experience, no regrets. The staff are amazing to work with, the invoice and payment system is easy to work with. And the food.....wow the food was unbelievable. We had so many... Read More comments from our guests about the food. If you are looking for some tasty and non-traditional wedding food, look no futher. Looking forward to picking up some pierogi from their storefront to celebrate our anniversary!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Nikki W

The staff at Polonia Catering in Mokena, IL are amazing, super friendly, very professional and wonderful to work with. Right from the beginning Bryan and his staff were very helpful in advising us and the bride and groom on menu options for a backyard wedding. The food... Read More stations were a huge hit and the food was delicious! The rental equipment was delivered and picked up after the wedding as scheduled. We recommend Polonia Catering in Mokena, IL for all your celebration needs!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Chris B

When we went for our tasting at Polonia, they served us at a set and clothed table. Very nice. Also, Parmesan & Garlic Roasted Potatoes are totally awesome! Salad looked lovely. The crew did a fine job setting up, keeping the food plentiful, and putting the food away.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Michelle W

Polonia Catering has amazing food, great customer service and best value for my money. Friendly staff and personal attention from the Chef! Nitro station was a hit with all guests, would definitely recommend!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Linsey S

It was very important to us, when we were planning our wedding, that the food be fantastic. After our tasting at Polonia, we knew they were the best choice. Everything we tried was delicious! It was hard to choose just a couple entrees, but we ended up going with the short rib,... Read More wild rice stuffed chicken, and pasta for our guests to choose from. Polonia provided all the linens we needed, as well as the china settings, and serving staff. We were very appreciative that they accommodated a "secret dinner" that we, the bride and groom, had immediately after our ceremony; especially that they saved us appetizers from cocktail hour! The short ribs were delicious, the chicken was delicious, and we received so many compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed their dinner. Polonia was also very accommodating for a few of our guests who have dietary restrictions and needed special gluten-free meals - we received rave reviews on those! We also chose to have a Sweets Table that included macarons, cream puffs, mini cheesecakes, brownies, and cookies - all to die for! We will definitely be using Polonia again for any future catered events!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Tracy S

My son and daughter in law wedding was so amazing that it is hard for me to put into words! Polonia Catering made the difference! Brian, the owner, gives one on one attention to his customers, everything is extremely professional and your guest will be in awe at the food they... Read More are eating. We have used Polonia for so many things in the past, celebrations from 25 to over 500 and we have never been disappointed. Something as simple as a lunch for my daughter dance team to holiday party for 500 employees (all three shifts) is seamless for this company. There were so many things that we would have left out or spent additional money on, but our initial meeting with Brian, he found us savings. Brian also customized the package so we were able to get what we wanted for the guest, he helped with the color scheme, and provided the little things. The set up and the clean up, we didn't even know it was happening, his team was in and out that quick. There was even follow up after the wedding to make sure it was exactly what we expected. I think what makes Polonia Catering stand out is that they are family owned, they know what the expectation is, you actually feel like part of their family. You cannot go wrong with Polonia Catering.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Amanda G

We are so glad we used Polonia to cater our wedding! They were definitely a full-service operation and gave us many great options, from table service to linens to chair covers, not to mention their great food, to make our reception a beautiful success! We were very pleased with... Read More the staff and their efficiency in serving and bussing tables and keeping everything moving along. We also had some vegan guests, and they worked hard to ensure that there were plenty of options for them as well. Would highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Erica T

They were very easy to work with and everything the day of was perfect. The servers were very generous and helpful and constantly making sure all of the guests and myself were taken care of. I have had multiple people ask me who did the catering because they had not seen... Read More service like that at a wedding before. They are very cost effective and we would definitely use them in the future for other events.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Patty N

Absolutely fantastic amazing food! Wonderful staff and awesome service. Highly recommended! The wedding guests were totally amazed and stuffed which never happens at a wedding... it made my daughters wedding day even better!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Leah R

We used Polonia for our wedding and let me tell you, they are great! Communication with Brian regarding tasting (huge portions) was easy from the start and he was always prompt with returning emails. They handled our appetizers, dinner, cake, dessert, and late night and... Read More everything was flawless. We did the flambe donut holes and the taco bar for late night - the donuts were made in front of us and the tortillas were warmed at the taco station. The servers were very attentive and made sure we had everything we need. They were professional and on top of it - our cups were never empty and we had PLENTY of food. I would definitely recommend them to others !

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Randi C

We used them for our recent wedding and cannot stress how absolutely amazing everything was. The food was incredible (we did family style service) and the service was top notch. The entire process we were treated like we were family to them. They took the time to do so many... Read More extras that made our wedding absolutely perfect. If you are on the fence give them a call and set up a tasting. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Melissa G

Polonia was amazing to work with! We wanted a pizza buffet at our wedding and they delivered! Everyone loved the flatbread pizzas, but the pasta chef station was the big hit! Everyone was raving about it! People were taking seconds before they finished their first serving!... Read More The fire alarm actually went off during dinner and no one got out of the pasta line! That's how good it was!! The Nitro Ice Cream station was amazing as well! Everyone loved it. Staff was awesome to work with!! I would highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Michelle F

Polonia did an exceptional job with our outdoor tented wedding! They were great to work with in ordering the food and desert and then their work during the wedding was outstanding. They were extremely professional and took it upon themselves to make sure everything ran smoothly.... Read More Thank you Polonia for running such a wonderful service!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Whitney S

Amazing food and customer service

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Christy J

Amazing staff!!! And amazing food!!! I highly recommend Polonia catering!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Austin C

The people at Polonia are amazing they helped every step of the way and might I add they offer the ABSOLUTE BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED AT A WEDDING!! My wife and I have had more than 25 guests contact us about Polonia because they loved the food so much!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Lauren E

Polonia was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. The food was very important to us, and we really wanted a pig roast. They walked us through everything step by step, were very patient with all of our questions, special requests and helped us achieve the party we envisioned.... Read More All of our guests raved about how good the food was that day and are still raving months later. They told us it was the best wedding food they have ever had. If you want a superb meal at your wedding and your guests to be satisfied Polonia is the choice!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Danielle N

Overall, the experience was all right. I felt Polonia was unorganized because there were multiple times my invoice was not correct. The food is reasonably priced. However, the "extras" are ridiculously overpriced. I sent multiple e-mails regarding a high chair for the... Read More ceremony, and the day of the wedding there was no high chair. My coordinator had to go to her own home to bring her personal one. I felt the service crew the day of the wedding were very polite and did a good job throughout dinner.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Hailey D

Excellent food, wonderful service! Holly was a joy to work with and everything went great at the wedding! Absolutely loved the mashed potato bar and so did all of our guests! Everyone was raving about how good the food was!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Renee S

Quick set up, great service, great communication, reasonable rates.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Cindy S

Would highly recommend, excellent food and excellent service . They were on top of everything and would recommend them for anything , great service and great food!

Incredible Service & Food for Bride on a Budget

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Kaitlin F

As a bride-on-a-budget (under $15k for EVERYTHING for the wedding), it was important for me to determine the most important aspects of the wedding which deserved the most investment. My two choices for that were catering and photography. We had a unique, small wedding of 75... Read More guests on a rooftop in Chicago and hosted a cocktail style reception. All of our catered food was passed hors d'oeuvres. We chose simple foods (sliders, grilled cheese, quesadillas, mini cheese pizzas, etc.) and my favourite was the BBQ pulled pork on a corn fritter. I wouldn't say the food 'blew my mind' but it satisfied our classic tastes and I was more concerned about the quality of the cupcakes- which were purchased from a separate bakery. The service of the catering staff from Polonia was above and beyond my expectations. The catering staff at my wedding was incredibly friendly and helpful in every way possible. I couldn't have asked for a more warm and friendly crew. I also rented twenty white folding chairs, five cabaret cocktail tables, and five tall boy tables along with tablecloths and sashes chosen from a wide range of color options so that the ones I got matched my wedding colors perfectly! The staff arrived plenty early to get it all set up exactly where and how we wanted it and they did it all with a smile. My entire experience with Polonia was extremely positive and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great service at a great price.

Awesome

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Polonia help to make our wedding dreams a reality. Holly and Brian were so easy to work with. Since we had a lot of out of town guests we decided to have our ceremony and reception in the same place with around 150 people and it was perfect. We a had cocktail hour in the front... Read More garden. Then we went to the reception on the west side of the grounds to a tented room. They did such an amazing job making everything just flow so seamless. The food was excellent ! We received lots of great reviews from our guest.I came to Polonia with a lot of ideas and every time I emailed Holly or Brian asking if I could do this instead of that they would always make it happen! Both are a dream to work with. They are organized, energetic, and you can tell they really enjoy making every wedding what the Bride and Groom wants!! I had so many guests after our wedding compliment the venue/food/service/ Music overall good time they had all. Thanks so much Polonia ( Holly, Brian and staff) for making it a wonderful event!!! They can do it all!