Pomp & Artistry

West Michigan, Lansing, Kalamazoo, Northern & Mid Michigan

In-Studio and On-Location Bridal Hair & Makeup

We are experts in the art of bridal design and specialize in catering to you and your bridal party wherever you may be. Turn your pre wedding preparation into a time of relaxation at your location or in our salon & boutique. With over 10 years of experience in the bridal beauty industry and 3 years consecutive "Best of Weddings" wins on The Knot, we have the knowledge and expertise needed to make your pre ceremony beauty preparations run smoothly! There is a lot of detailed coordination needed to get everyone in the right place at the right time on your big day. Our team of experts understands the importance of efficiency and above all, our award winning team understands the importance of a photo ready, flawless look. Let us help you design a look as unforgettable as your special day!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spas, Beauty

6504 28th St. SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan , MI West Michigan, Lansing, Kalamazoo, Northern & Mid Michigan (616) 690-4320

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 lauren b

I can't get over how amazing Davina (both as an all around sweet and awesome human being and her crazy amount of talent) and her team are. As soon as I met her, she asked all the right questions and proceeded to immediately nail both hair and make-up. She and her team know... Read More EXACTLY how to make you the prettiest version of yourself - not overdone, perfect for pictures, and make you feel like you're hanging out with old friends in the process. I can't tell you how thankful I am how gorgeous you made my bridemaids and family - not only did they look beautiful, but they truly felt it :) Thank you for going the extra mile. It doesn't go unnoticed how much you put into this and what a truly great person you are!

Reviewed on 5/07/2015

Amazing. Pomp & Artistry contributed HUGELY to the success of my wedding day. I had looked into other salons near my apartment before I found Pomp & Artistry, and I didn't feel confident any of them would be able to deliver in the way that I needed. I finally found Pomp &... Read More Artistry through a google search and I'm SO glad I did. Davina was great with communication and fit me in to do a trial session on short notice. I had a morning wedding which required Davina and her team to arrive at my apartment 5:45am. She was punctual, organized, and SO helpful! I absolutely loved my hair and makeup! It was such a relief to have that part of my wedding day totally taken care of---and executed so well! I had 6 bridesmaids, 2 junior bridesmaids, myself, and my mom getting hair/makeup done. Everybody looked flawless and we were all so happy to be feeling like our best! Davina and her team listened to us and they were very fun to have there while we were all getting ready together. Wedding planning can be stressful but the wedding day shouldn't be, mine sure wasn't! A big THANK YOU to Davina and Pomp & Artistry!

2015-08-04T21:10:01 Response from the vendor

Hi Alina! Thank you for sharing your experience! Not every bride has the truly amazing attitude you held through every moment leading up to your BIG moment. I was so impressed with your positivity and endless smiles! You and your guests were a pleasure to... Read Less Read More

MCook

Reviewed on 11/11/2013

So happy with my wedding day look! Thank you for an amazing experience. Pomp & Artistry is very professional and made me feel like a queen on my special day. Thanks Davina!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Katie E

Pomp & Artistry did such an amazing job for my friend's wedding in Tawas, Michigan. They came to us, and were extremely positive and patient as we had several people in and out throughout the day getting hair and makeup done. Everyone from bridesmaids to mothers, and of course... Read More the bride, looked exceptional and we were all very happy. Would HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Savannah C

Pomp and Artistry did such an amazing job on the big day! They were so accommodating and flexible with the special circumstances of making sure that everything was gluten free for my mother-in-law who has celiac disease and is deathly allergic. The team on the day of did such a... Read More great job on hair and makeup. Everyone loved it & I felt like a true princess ♥ 10/10 would recommend them

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Lauren A

ABSOLUTELY PHENOMINAL. I cannot say enough about this business. I hired them based on their reviews, and I couldn't have been happier with mine and my bridal parties results. Davina is absolutely incredible at what she do. This hair and make up team does not disappoint!! I... Read More cannot imagine my day without them. I wish I could feel like the princess they made me feel like every day. I felt flawless. I am not one to like makeup, and I was in love with Emily's work. Davina did exactly what I imagined and more to my hair (that stayed in perfectly for 17 hours). Thank you, THANK YOU.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Brian M

Davina and her team are amazing! They are all very sweet and talented at what they do. On the wedding day, I had 6 bridesmaids, myself, and my mom all get their makeup done. They were on time getting to our hotel and were so efficient. Everyone looked looked flawless!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Kayla P

I cannot say enough about how incredible Davina is! I was in a panic to find someone else to help with make up A WEEK before my wedding after previous plans fell through. Thank god for Davina and her kind heart is all I have to say. She came to my rescue and was so sweet about... Read More everything and even managed to work in a makeup trial in such a short amount of time. My girls and myself loved our looks! I've never felt more beautiful. I got so many compliments on it and I owe it all to Davina. I HIGHLY recommend these ladies to everyone. They have a passion and dedication that just radiates from them and definitely something you want when looking for someone. You will not be disappointed with these amazing ladies, I can promise you that! Thank you again for helping make my day so special!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Jessica S

The pomp and artistry team was so amazing to work with and took away so much stress being able to get ready on-site at my venue. Davina and her team rocked it for myself and my girls and made sure I stuck to my timeline. I was so in love with my look and the airbrush made all... Read More the difference for a long day. Thank you times a million!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Robyn S

Pomp & Artistry did a wonderful job for my wedding!! I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup, and I felt so beautiful all day. The only reason I didn't do five stars was because I wanted Davina specifically and had my trial with her and was told it would be her there... Read More multiple times and I was a little thrown when it was two stylists I didn't know. But they were absolutely wonderful, so it ended up being more than fine :)

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Stephanie D

I absolutely loved my experience with Pomp & Artistry! Emily & Davina were great with communicating prior to the event to make sure things ran smoothly, and I felt comfortable, which is huge when there are so many things to think about as a bride! Each of the stylists I met at... Read More my hair trial, as well as the four that came on my wedding day, were kind and warm and made everyone feel special and important! This was really important to me with a group of 8 bridesmaids, both moms, and a grandmother. We were done with time to spare and everyone looked and felt absolutely beautiful! I cannot say enough good things about this experience, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Sarah A

Davina did an AMAZING job with my wedding day hair and makeup and I cannot recommend her enough! Not only was she able to nail exactly the look I was going for, but she was also very reasonably priced and was one of the only artists in the area willing to do hair and makeup on a... Read More Sunday without charging crazy after-hours fees, which was a must for our budget. In addition to that, her fun and easy-going personality really helped me stay calm the morning of my wedding, and most importantly, she made me look and feel absolutely gorgeous. 10/10 would choose Pomp and Artistry for any hair and makeup needs in the future.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Grace H

Davina and everyone that worked with us on the day of our wedding were amazing. Both my bridal portraits and the day of my wedding I felt absolutely beautiful and everything turned out wonderfully.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Rachel G

I was an out of state bride who more than anything wanted my bridesmaids and mom to enjoy the day and not feel like we had to drive and rush all over the place on my wedding day. With that being said, it was crucial to choose a hair&makeup vendor that was willing to travel. I... Read More found Pomp&Artistry via a recommendation from another mother-of-the bride that my mother in law is good friends with. She spoke so highly of this company and Davina that I immediately emailed Davina to schedule a phone chat. From the beginning, Davina was super quick in getting back to me, was so personable and lovely on the phone and I immediately felt like she understood what I desired for my wedding day and what my vision was. I was thrilled that her team was available for our date and booked right over the phone. My hair and make up trial was so easy and enjoyable because Emily and Davina took care of absolutely everything. I am not a high maintenance girl by any means but you know when some hair dressers don't listen to absolutely anything you want and you come out going "this is NOT what I wanted or I don't feel pretty or myself at all." yeah...that didn't happen with Davina and Emily. I felt cared for, listened to and my hair and make up was absolutely everything I wanted and more (on my trial day and my wedding day). My wedding day was stress free and Davina and Emily and the rest of the team fit right in with my bridesmaids and made the day so enjoyable. I had 8 bridesmaids get their hair done as well as my mom and 4 of us get our make up done. They were so efficient with time, we were done 1 hour ahead of schedule. Everything when flawlessly and smoothly. Even as Emily (pomp&artistry's incredible make up artist) was packing up my mom started to cry reading a letter I wrote her and Emily immediately rushed her back into the make up chair to touch up (set everything back up). I am very very grateful for Pomp&Artistry and would highly recommend this vendor to any bride. thank you so much Davina! you are wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Amanda B

I am so happy I chose Pomp & Artistry to do the hair for my wedding! After having a bad hair trial with someone else I contacted the owner, Davina, and she put me at ease. She really listened to exactly what I wanted! She even dealt with my mother who is extremely difficult to... Read More please. All the girls loved their hair! And my hair lasted all night! She's also super reasonably priced which is a huge bonus.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Maggie G

I got married on May 20th. We wanted to be ready by 3. They told me if we started at 11 it we would be done around then. The two girls that were sent were done around 1. Unfortunately my hair was falling out by 3. I wasn't doing jumping jacks.. just sitting in my room waiting to... Read More get ready. It wasn't just my hair.. all the girls up dos were falling out. It's almost like the straight pins were not secure and p0pong out. With the amount that we paid at 78$ a girl I was extremely disappointed.

2017-06-05T10:28:16 Response from the vendor

Hi Maggie! I just took a little time to pull our photos from your big day and wow does everyone look amazing! Although I wasn't with you on the 20th I did speak to both of your team members who are highly seasoned artists. They... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Christine S

Davina and team are AMAZING! First- Davina stayed on the phone with me for over an hour while I was lost for my hair trial. They are extremely good at what they do. They showed up on time and we were ahead of schedule. And brides- TRUST THEM. I don't wear make up often, so... Read More seeing myself done up is a shock. But the makeup looked amazing and lasted all days and the pictures are better because of it! Thank you Pomp and Artistry!!

2017-06-05T10:35:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so thankful you gave us the opportunity to contribute to your special memories! Wishing you so much happiness and beauty in your life as Mr. and Mrs! Davina

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 K S

Showed up 1 hour after original time. Davinia didn't answer emails the day before confirming or she didn't answer the phone calls day of as I was worried after 30 mins as she was late... just added more stress to my morning then needed.

2017-06-05T09:36:53 Response from the vendor

Hi Katie! We spent a little time looking into this and would love to connect to discuss the things that you've stated here in your review. We do generally take 24 to 48 hours to respond to emails on Friday through Sunday as we are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Jenna T

Davina and her team of artists were absolutely incredible! Everyone in my bridal party was so pleased with how their hair and makeup turned out. I would definitely recommend Pomp & Artistry to any bride :) thanks again, Davina!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Karen S

It was wonderful working with Davina leading up to and on the day of our wedding. She was able to accommodate getting myself, my four bridesmaids, and my mother ready and beautiful in a short time frame and was extremely personable and pleasant throughout the day. I can't... Read More recommend Pomp & Artistry enough!

2017-06-05T10:32:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with future brides! Wishing you so much happiness as Mr. and Mrs! Davina

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Amanda J

I worked with Pomp and Artistry for my wedding on October 14, 2016. They were very nice to work with and flexible with me about the location and times. My hair and makeup was beautiful and they even provided me with an emergency kit incase i needed it. Espcially in the Grand... Read More Rapids area, this service can get expensive but I felt that they were very reasonable comparitive to the other people in the area! They were also very professional, but still fun and relaxing. Stayed within our timeframe needed and was even done a bit early!

2017-06-05T10:31:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to join you on your special day! Our team is wishing you so much beauty and happiness moving forward! Davina

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jackie F

This place was amazing! They met us at a hotel in Kalamazoo and got everyone looking gorgeous for the wedding. My hair and makeup stayed perfect all night which I was worried about. We were done by 1 and it still looked great after midnight with only lip gloss needing touch... Read More ups, which is expected. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing hair and makeup. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding day so special.

2017-06-05T10:30:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We enjoyed contributing to your special day and wish you so much beauty and happiness moving forward! Davina

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kristen O

This is actually the second wedding that I have had Pomp & Artistry do my hair/make up for (first my friend's two years ago, and now mine!) and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them. Davina was wonderful to work with and really helpful in helping me plan my big... Read More day look! Great value for full airbrush make up & up dos for my bridal party AND they came onsite to do all of it (which is GREAT because then you don't need to worry about wind/weather messing up they're work and it's far more relaxing). My make up was perfect and I couldn't believe how much hair they made me look like I had (I have long hair, but it's super fine/thin)... a couple of people actually asked me if I had extensions lol! 5 STARS!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michelle D

Davina came to my wedding location on my special day just to do my hair and makeup (I didn't have any attendants or anyone else that required hair and makeup). That says a lot right there that she was willing to make the trip just for one person! She was so personable and... Read More listened to my ideas and how I wanted to look on my wedding day. I felt like I had been her friend for a long time and we had just met! I was so pleased with how everything turned out. Davina did an amazing job and I couldn't have asked for better service or better accommodations! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lisa B

After what felt like endless searching for someone that I felt like I connected with I came across Pomp & Artistry online. Davina was great throughout the whole process and I ended up with the perfect hair and makeup that I had been wanting. She was very accommodating and great... Read More to work with!

Davina Bryan

With over 10 years of experience in the bridal beauty industry, Davina knows just how many stars need to align to make your special day a flawless experience for you and your guests! Davina is a licensed cosmetologist and cosmetology educator and has worked as a makeup artist for several major cosmetic lines.