Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

MC Services, Recorded Music, Music

11016 Rambling Oaks Dr., St. Louis, MO (314) 283-7871

Porta Party- Worth the Splurge

Reviewed on 2/11/2014 Erin A

As someone with an event management background, I am a strong believer that the entertainment provided at any wedding or event is a key factor in how good of a time your guests have and how they remember your event. Porta Party DJs provided the entertainment at my wedding, my... Read More sister's wedding and a charity event I had worked in between. And people still talk about all of them, years later! They are experts at reading the crowd and knowing what to do to keep people dancing and partying all night long. They are so easy to work with, as a vendor, that you don't ever feel the need to micromanage and can just sit back and enjoy everything going on around you. They may have been a bit more expensive than some of the other DJs I met with, but I was instantly comfortable with them and, in the end, you get what you pay for. I have never regretted going a bit above my budget on this aspect. I was much more satisfied cutting back somewhere else than on the music service.

2015-12-15T20:04:24 Response from the vendor

We thank you so much for this raving review!!! We appreciate all of your business, and we really were honored to do 3 events for you.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Tori C

I can't even put into words how amazing Bryant from Porta Party DJ's was at our wedding on 9.23.17. We met him at my brother & sister in law's wedding in 2016 and booked him shortly after because he did an amazing job at their wedding. From the beginning, Bryant was always quick... Read More in response to any questions/concerns I had regarding anything about the reception. On the day of, he was constantly asking my husband and I if there was anything we needed; drinks, a song played, ANYTHING! He even made a point to see me before our ceremony to wish me good luck. He did our ceremony music too, and it turned out great. It was so nice to have a DJ who not only ran the reception so smoothly, but made it a blast for everyone in attendance. Our wedding was only a week and half ago, and we have received SO many compliments on how awesome our DJ was. One of my bridesmaids even already booked him for her wedding in 2018! I have been to my fair share of weddings with poor DJ services where no one was on the dance floor, they played not the greatest mix of songs, and didn't keep people engaged long enough to have a great night. But with Bryant, our dance floor was packed from the moment the reception began and people were wanting to keep going when the night ended. I am a firm believer that a DJ at a wedding is one of the most important roles because they really run the show once the reception starts. And with that, I can assure anyone that you will NOT be disappointed with Porta Party DJ's. They do great work and they will make your wedding reception the best ever!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Bryant! You were so much fun and I look forward to attending future weddings with you as the DJ. :) BOOK PORTA PARTY DJ'S NOW!!!

2017-10-16T16:24:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! What an incredible review of Bryant and Porta Party DJs. It's reviews like this that make so very proud of our team of DJs and the hard work they all do!! We are glad you were so pleased with... Read Less Read More

Best party decision we made

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Stephanie D

Todd quite literally made our wedding a party, and it's exactly what we wanted. His crowd interaction is flawless, and he plays something for everyone. We had people on our dance floor the entire night, no weird pauses or breaks. He helped plan the evening without stepping on... Read More any toes, and went above and beyond our expectations without any hesitation. Seriously, take his suggestions. He knows how to make an event flow properly. Down to earth and just an overall super fun guy. Our family and friends approached us all evening commenting on his awesomeness. A friend that has worked the wedding industry and has been to her fair share of weddings within the past year said, "you get the best DJ award. Good job."

2015-12-15T20:06:12 Response from the vendor

Although we appreciate your review of Todd, we at Porta Party DJ's know that the fun group of friends and family that assembled at your wedding reception made it easy to keep the dance floor packed and everyone entertained. When do we get that "best... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Erica H

I have worked with Todd multiple times through fundraising and social events and he is the BEST there is. From a high class evening to an informal dance party, Todd can do it all! We used PPDJ for my sister's wedding and Todd and Ryan did a great job helping us plan the... Read More evening when it became clear we needed help organizing the sequence of events. His years of experience working weddings became evident as he had some great suggestions we used at the reception. He also checked out the venue in advance to make sure all of the necessary outlets and spacing was available. Nothing was left to chance. Ryan was great too. He played all the songs we requested - even the weird ones our family loves. I will use Todd & PPDJ again without hesitation. I highly recommend him!

2017-11-15T07:37:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We are so glad everything worked out, and I'm glad Ryan did a great job for your sister's big day!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Erica H

Used PP DJ for my sister's wedding. I've worked with Todd and several of his other DJ's on multiple fundraising and social events so I know the high level of professionalism he brings. Todd and Ryan did a great job assisting my sister plan her reception when it was evident we... Read More needed help organizing the sequence of events. We really had no idea what we were doing! Todd's extensive experience with weddings was very evident with the suggestions he made to help us get organized and plan out the night. Ryan did a great job at the wedding reception. He played all the songs we asked him too - even the weird one's our family asked for. It was great! I would and will use Todd and his staff again without hesitation. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Lance R

DJ John met with us and did a great job making our wedding what we had envisioned. He was professional, easy to work with, and kept the dance floor lively. Great time

2017-11-15T07:38:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much. We are glad it went so well. We appreciate the review.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Ali B

Porta Party DJs was THE BEST choice for our wedding DJ. We heard about them through one of our friends who is also in the wedding industry. She told us that Bryant was one of the most fun DJs that she had worked an event with. She was definitely right!! Bryant was not only a... Read More blast, but he was extremely professional and made our reception go perfectly. He was so attentive to what we needed, checked in on us throughout the evening and made sure that he played every song that we wanted. Todd was so helpful and thorough when we booked with him. He always responded to emails promptly and let us know exactly how things were moving along, when payments were due, etc. We had such a fun reception and everyone was on the dance floor the entire night. Thank you Porta Party DJs for helping make our day so memorable!!

2017-10-30T21:35:09 Response from the vendor

This is FANTASTIC!! We love that you had such a great experience with Bryant and our company. WOO HOO!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

Todd was a great addition to our daughter's wedding at Jefferson Underground. Not only did he keep us organized throughout the evening, but he kept the dance floor hopping with a great selection of music that kept everyone dancing ALL NIGHT LONG. I would hire Todd again and... Read More again, and recommend that you do the same!

2017-11-15T07:38:47 Response from the vendor

This is great. It was a very fun event. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Lauren M

Bryant Dj-'ed our wedding and it was amazing! I am still receiving compliments about how wonderful our dj was! He really mixed and mingled with everyone. He walked around the reception area to announce speeches and got us drinks all night! He really participated with the... Read More audience. It was like being at a piano bar. He even had the kids on the stage singing into the microphone. I would definitely recommend Porta Party DJs to anyone who wants a fun wedding experience.

2017-10-26T16:37:03 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind review of Porta Party DJs and DJ Bryant. . . LOL, "like being at a piano bar". He'll love that!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Casey R

John Winkler DJ'd our event through Porta Party DJs and did an excellent job! He was so professional, kind and attentive to our guests. We had a phone conversation prior to the event to work out details to make sure he understood exactly what type of environment we were looking... Read More for at our reception. He listened and accommodated all of our requests and did a great job. He even helped carry out some special announcements and birthday shout out to one of our guests. The lighting and equipment was excellent and very professional. Overall, he helped keep our party going, had people on the dance floor and played a good variety of music. I'd recommend this service to anyone! Thank you John and Porta Party DJs!

2017-10-16T16:26:33 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this great review on DJ John and Porta Party DJs. This shows why those pre-event phone calls/meetings are so important!! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Melissa C

Bryant is (still) the best DJ EVER. He did my wedding in 2016 and now my brother and sister in laws this past Saturday. They loved him so much at mine they had to have him at theirs and he was still great!! The dance floor was (again) PACKED all. night. long. !!! The music was... Read More so perfect. Even the dinner music was spot on. So if you’re trying to decide who to go with, Bryant with PPDJ should be your easiest and most stress free decision!!

2017-10-26T16:38:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the great review!! We are glad it went so well the first time that we/he got invited back!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 MaryAnn P

Porta Party DJs was absolutely amazing and professional from start to finish. Our DJ was Bryant and he was AWESOME!!! We were told by multiple guests that the music was on point and everyone had so much fun. If you are planning your wedding you know that music can make or break... Read More the reception and DJ Bryant and Porta Party DJs definitely made the reception a hit.

2017-10-16T16:29:33 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this wonderful review about our DJ services and DJ Bryant in particular. When we hear comments like "professional" and "amazing" and that he "made the reception a hit", it makes us happy!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Ashley W

We had Todd DJ our wedding at Palladium Saint Louis on 8.12.17. Long story short, he was AMAZING. When we were planning our wedding, we just wanted everyone to have an awesome time and dance the night away and we knew Todd and Porta Party DJs were the perfect ones for the... Read More job. Todd's incredible personality added so much life to the event and the quality of the equipment/sound was great for our venue. We are so happy we chose Todd and Porta Party as the entertainment for our wedding. We would have them again in a heartbeat and would recommend them to anyone looking to make their wedding day just an insane amount of fun.

2017-08-15T11:08:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the awesome review. I loved the Palladium, and I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding reception. And, I can now say I've DJ'd a wedding with a bit of a Jewish flair - LOVED the Hava Nagila dance. All... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Caitlin W

we had Todd do our wedding from Porta Party DJ's. We are so thankful there wasn't a Cardinal game :). Though I am sure the whole team is great, Todd truly went above and beyond. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had at the wedding and the music was a perfect... Read More mix for all of the ages that attended our special day. Thanks Todd! - The McCrackens :).

2017-08-15T11:09:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the great review. It was a blast!! All the best to you.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Alex L

DJ Bryant Mulkey did an amazing job at my brother and (now) sister-in-law's wedding reception. From calling in advance to clarify any items on the questionnaire to asking how to pronounce names for the wedding party introductions he was excellent! He even asked the wedding party... Read More if he could get them anything the night of the wedding. He went out of his way to get us drinks at dinner and I thought that was pretty nice of him to do without us asking. He did a great job at keeping the dance floor rocking all night. He even got many people who normally don't dance at weddings out on the dance floor. Top notch service by everyone at Porta Party DJ's and I'll recommend Todd, Bryant, and their team to everyone I know! Flawless production!

2017-08-15T11:13:07 Response from the vendor

This is great. It's awesome to hear that DJ Bryant did such an awesome job for you. We are glad you thought our services were "top notch". . . THANKS!!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Laura F

Bryant was our DJ and he did a fantastic job! He was constantly checking in with myself and my husband to see how things were going, if there were any songs we wanted to hear, and even if we needed a drink! Every song we asked him to play, he did! He was constantly getting the... Read More crowd going, and the dance floor was always packed! The music selection was great and everyone kept telling me throughout the night how awesome our DJ was! Bryant did a great job at making our reception a fantastic night! He also DJ our wedding bc we were married at a location that required you to provide your own ceremony music, and it went flawless! Thank you Bryant for an all around great job!!

2017-08-15T11:14:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much. We appreciate the kind words.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Shawn M

Porta Party DJs is the best service I have every experienced. Todd is amazing to work with and really focusing the night to be all about you and your spouse. Me and my 2 sisters have used Porta Party DJs at our weddings and our guests still talk about how great the entertainment... Read More was. I have seen them at several different venues and events and can tell you that each DJ has the same standard of excellence. I will use their services for any future event and will recommend them to anyone who asks. I can’t thank Todd enough for making my wedding so perfect. He kept everything on scheduled, played any request, and kept the dance floor full! My suggestion would be stop your searching now and give Porta Party DJs a call, I promise you won’t regret it!

2017-03-17T06:57:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this outstanding review. We are glad you were more than satisfied and took the time to let everyone know about our standard of service!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Deborah Z

Todd Thomas and Ray Ortega were FANTASTIC to work with. We contracted with Todd for my daughters wedding. Ray was our DJ he was incredible! He selected perfect music for our crowd and certainly knew how to work the room - effortless on my part. Hiring Porta Party was one of... Read More my best decisions. If you need a DJ - CALL TODD!!

2017-03-16T19:05:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words. Ray is an awesome DJ, and we are glad he knocked it out of the park for your daughter's event.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Lena H

When I booked Porta Party DJ's I had really wanted Todd, because I had been to another wedding he did and was blown away. Todd was already booked, but assured me that all of his DJ's were personally picked and trained by him and that they would be just as good. I felt confident... Read More in his judgement, so I went ahead and booked them. I can't even tell you how many compliments I received from guests about our DJ, Bryant, he was amazing! Aside from making sure the party never stopped, he checked in with my husband and I multiple times to ask if everything was going okay or if there was anything he could do, and even acted as our own personal beverage service for a good portion of the night! He went above and beyond to ensure that not only the music and atmosphere were great, but that my husband and I were having a good time too. I HIGHLY recommend Todd and Bryant from Porta Party DJ's - you won't regret it!

2017-01-30T15:00:07 Response from the vendor

WOW!! What a great review. Thanks for sharing this.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Danielle G

Todd was amazing and had the dance floor packed all night long! Book him you won't be let down!

2017-03-16T19:05:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so very much for the nice review. It was a great event!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah S

Porta Party DJ did an AWESOME job at our wedding and we highly recommend them! Todd was so great and helpful through the planning process and went above and beyond at our wedding!!! He set up speakers and mics for our outdoor ceremony too which was so helpful!! We have a lot... Read More of great memories from our reception because of Todd and we can't thank him enough for his outstanding work!

2016-11-01T08:01:03 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this wonderful review. We are glad you have such great memories. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Cathy S

We hired Porta Party to DJ my daughters wedding in August! WOW!!! Bryant did a fabulous job!!! We were so pleased with how everything turned out that evening! We even had special song requests and Bryant was ready and enthusiastic about playing all the songs! Would... Read More definitely hire them again!

2016-10-12T17:33:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your wonderful review of Porta Party DJ's and DJ Bryant. We're glad you had a such a great time and that you'd hire us again. Congrats to your daughter and you, too!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Mark S

Words cannot explain how happy we were to have hired Todd of Porta Party DJs for our wedding. He simply did an amazing job and put in a lot of extra time to assure our special day went off without a hitch. We not only hired Todd to be our DJ but he was also the MC of our... Read More wedding ceremony at Busch Stadium and spent a bunch of time interviewing our wedding guests on camera at our reception before our dance began. All in all, he did a fabulous job and showed up for numerous planning meetings with many great ideas. His experience, his professionalism and his ability to be able to read a crowd and get them to dance and to have fun is simply second to none!

2016-10-12T16:06:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review. We have always taken the approach to do "whatever it takes" to make our clients happy, and we're so happy your day was such a success. All the best to you both.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Heather B

Todd Thomas did our reception & he did an amazing job! Everyone had a really good time...my dad said it was "the best reception I've ever been to", and that is saying a lot!! Todd was really easy to work with and took care of all of our requests. Wedding and reception music were... Read More perfect!

2016-10-12T16:07:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review. Your dad must have been having an incredible time. All the best to you, and thanks again for the nice comments.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Christopher W

Porta Party DJ's truly lived up to all the hype!!! They were accommodating, professional, & made the evening fun & exciting for all. Bryant Mulkey is a real asset to the Porta Party team & made our tonight the best we've ever had. M advice is to book them as soon as possible... Read More because they will not be available if you wait.

2016-10-12T16:08:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review of Porta Party DJ's and Bryant Mulkey. We're glad we were able to "live up the hype". . . that's always important. And yes, if you're a Bride/Groom and you are reading this, book us now before it's too... Read Less Read More