Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

MC Services, Recorded Music, Music

11016 Rambling Oaks Dr., St. Louis, MO (314) 283-7871

Porta Party- Worth the Splurge

Reviewed on 2/11/2014 Erin A

As someone with an event management background, I am a strong believer that the entertainment provided at any wedding or event is a key factor in how good of a time your guests have and how they remember your event. Porta Party DJs provided the entertainment at my wedding, my... Read More sister's wedding and a charity event I had worked in between. And people still talk about all of them, years later! They are experts at reading the crowd and knowing what to do to keep people dancing and partying all night long. They are so easy to work with, as a vendor, that you don't ever feel the need to micromanage and can just sit back and enjoy everything going on around you. They may have been a bit more expensive than some of the other DJs I met with, but I was instantly comfortable with them and, in the end, you get what you pay for. I have never regretted going a bit above my budget on this aspect. I was much more satisfied cutting back somewhere else than on the music service.

2015-12-15T20:04:24 Response from the vendor

We thank you so much for this raving review!!! We appreciate all of your business, and we really were honored to do 3 events for you.

Best party decision we made

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Stephanie D

Todd quite literally made our wedding a party, and it's exactly what we wanted. His crowd interaction is flawless, and he plays something for everyone. We had people on our dance floor the entire night, no weird pauses or breaks. He helped plan the evening without stepping on... Read More any toes, and went above and beyond our expectations without any hesitation. Seriously, take his suggestions. He knows how to make an event flow properly. Down to earth and just an overall super fun guy. Our family and friends approached us all evening commenting on his awesomeness. A friend that has worked the wedding industry and has been to her fair share of weddings within the past year said, "you get the best DJ award. Good job."

2015-12-15T20:06:12 Response from the vendor

Although we appreciate your review of Todd, we at Porta Party DJ's know that the fun group of friends and family that assembled at your wedding reception made it easy to keep the dance floor packed and everyone entertained. When do we get that "best... Read Less Read More

Kept the dancefloor packed!

Reviewed on 7/18/2011 Anna L

I LOVE Porta Party DJs. My friend used them as their wedding DJ service, and they were the best I'd ever heard at a wedding reception, so I used them too! We had Charlie as our MC, and he couldn't have done a better job. I wanted a packed dancefloor, and that's exactly what I... Read More got! He played all the songs I said would get me movin' and avoided the cheesy prototypical wedding reception music I can't stand. Plus he was totally interactive and funny instead of just sitting there spinning songs all night. I sweated more than I wanted to in my wedding dress because I spent so much time on the dancefloor. :) The price (about $1200) reflects 6 hours of DJ service plus several more hours of setting up (they set up all the audio for our ceremony too--brought microphones, speakers, and a sound board for our ceremony musicians as well as a projector for our slide show). They were awesome. A+

2015-12-15T20:07:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your raving review of Charlie and Porta Party DJ's. We always strive to do more than just play music, and it's great that you appreciated Charlie's ability to be interactive and engaging.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 MaryAnn P

Porta Party DJs was absolutely amazing and professional from start to finish. Our DJ was Bryant and he was AWESOME!!! We were told by multiple guests that the music was on point and everyone had so much fun. If you are planning your wedding you know that music can make or break... Read More the reception and DJ Bryant and Porta Party DJs definitely made the reception a hit.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Ashley W

We had Todd DJ our wedding at Palladium Saint Louis on 8.12.17. Long story short, he was AMAZING. When we were planning our wedding, we just wanted everyone to have an awesome time and dance the night away and we knew Todd and Porta Party DJs were the perfect ones for the... Read More job. Todd's incredible personality added so much life to the event and the quality of the equipment/sound was great for our venue. We are so happy we chose Todd and Porta Party as the entertainment for our wedding. We would have them again in a heartbeat and would recommend them to anyone looking to make their wedding day just an insane amount of fun.

2017-08-15T11:08:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the awesome review. I loved the Palladium, and I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding reception. And, I can now say I've DJ'd a wedding with a bit of a Jewish flair - LOVED the Hava Nagila dance. All... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Caitlin W

we had Todd do our wedding from Porta Party DJ's. We are so thankful there wasn't a Cardinal game :). Though I am sure the whole team is great, Todd truly went above and beyond. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had at the wedding and the music was a perfect... Read More mix for all of the ages that attended our special day. Thanks Todd! - The McCrackens :).

2017-08-15T11:09:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the great review. It was a blast!! All the best to you.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Alex L

DJ Bryant Mulkey did an amazing job at my brother and (now) sister-in-law's wedding reception. From calling in advance to clarify any items on the questionnaire to asking how to pronounce names for the wedding party introductions he was excellent! He even asked the wedding party... Read More if he could get them anything the night of the wedding. He went out of his way to get us drinks at dinner and I thought that was pretty nice of him to do without us asking. He did a great job at keeping the dance floor rocking all night. He even got many people who normally don't dance at weddings out on the dance floor. Top notch service by everyone at Porta Party DJ's and I'll recommend Todd, Bryant, and their team to everyone I know! Flawless production!

2017-08-15T11:13:07 Response from the vendor

This is great. It's awesome to hear that DJ Bryant did such an awesome job for you. We are glad you thought our services were "top notch". . . THANKS!!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Laura F

Bryant was our DJ and he did a fantastic job! He was constantly checking in with myself and my husband to see how things were going, if there were any songs we wanted to hear, and even if we needed a drink! Every song we asked him to play, he did! He was constantly getting the... Read More crowd going, and the dance floor was always packed! The music selection was great and everyone kept telling me throughout the night how awesome our DJ was! Bryant did a great job at making our reception a fantastic night! He also DJ our wedding bc we were married at a location that required you to provide your own ceremony music, and it went flawless! Thank you Bryant for an all around great job!!

2017-08-15T11:14:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much. We appreciate the kind words.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Shawn M

Porta Party DJs is the best service I have every experienced. Todd is amazing to work with and really focusing the night to be all about you and your spouse. Me and my 2 sisters have used Porta Party DJs at our weddings and our guests still talk about how great the entertainment... Read More was. I have seen them at several different venues and events and can tell you that each DJ has the same standard of excellence. I will use their services for any future event and will recommend them to anyone who asks. I can’t thank Todd enough for making my wedding so perfect. He kept everything on scheduled, played any request, and kept the dance floor full! My suggestion would be stop your searching now and give Porta Party DJs a call, I promise you won’t regret it!

2017-03-17T06:57:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this outstanding review. We are glad you were more than satisfied and took the time to let everyone know about our standard of service!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Deborah Z

Todd Thomas and Ray Ortega were FANTASTIC to work with. We contracted with Todd for my daughters wedding. Ray was our DJ he was incredible! He selected perfect music for our crowd and certainly knew how to work the room - effortless on my part. Hiring Porta Party was one of... Read More my best decisions. If you need a DJ - CALL TODD!!

2017-03-16T19:05:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words. Ray is an awesome DJ, and we are glad he knocked it out of the park for your daughter's event.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Lena H

When I booked Porta Party DJ's I had really wanted Todd, because I had been to another wedding he did and was blown away. Todd was already booked, but assured me that all of his DJ's were personally picked and trained by him and that they would be just as good. I felt confident... Read More in his judgement, so I went ahead and booked them. I can't even tell you how many compliments I received from guests about our DJ, Bryant, he was amazing! Aside from making sure the party never stopped, he checked in with my husband and I multiple times to ask if everything was going okay or if there was anything he could do, and even acted as our own personal beverage service for a good portion of the night! He went above and beyond to ensure that not only the music and atmosphere were great, but that my husband and I were having a good time too. I HIGHLY recommend Todd and Bryant from Porta Party DJ's - you won't regret it!

2017-01-30T15:00:07 Response from the vendor

WOW!! What a great review. Thanks for sharing this.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Danielle G

Todd was amazing and had the dance floor packed all night long! Book him you won't be let down!

2017-03-16T19:05:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so very much for the nice review. It was a great event!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah S

Porta Party DJ did an AWESOME job at our wedding and we highly recommend them! Todd was so great and helpful through the planning process and went above and beyond at our wedding!!! He set up speakers and mics for our outdoor ceremony too which was so helpful!! We have a lot... Read More of great memories from our reception because of Todd and we can't thank him enough for his outstanding work!

2016-11-01T08:01:03 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this wonderful review. We are glad you have such great memories. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Cathy S

We hired Porta Party to DJ my daughters wedding in August! WOW!!! Bryant did a fabulous job!!! We were so pleased with how everything turned out that evening! We even had special song requests and Bryant was ready and enthusiastic about playing all the songs! Would... Read More definitely hire them again!

2016-10-12T17:33:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your wonderful review of Porta Party DJ's and DJ Bryant. We're glad you had a such a great time and that you'd hire us again. Congrats to your daughter and you, too!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Mark S

Words cannot explain how happy we were to have hired Todd of Porta Party DJs for our wedding. He simply did an amazing job and put in a lot of extra time to assure our special day went off without a hitch. We not only hired Todd to be our DJ but he was also the MC of our... Read More wedding ceremony at Busch Stadium and spent a bunch of time interviewing our wedding guests on camera at our reception before our dance began. All in all, he did a fabulous job and showed up for numerous planning meetings with many great ideas. His experience, his professionalism and his ability to be able to read a crowd and get them to dance and to have fun is simply second to none!

2016-10-12T16:06:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review. We have always taken the approach to do "whatever it takes" to make our clients happy, and we're so happy your day was such a success. All the best to you both.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Heather B

Todd Thomas did our reception & he did an amazing job! Everyone had a really good time...my dad said it was "the best reception I've ever been to", and that is saying a lot!! Todd was really easy to work with and took care of all of our requests. Wedding and reception music were... Read More perfect!

2016-10-12T16:07:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review. Your dad must have been having an incredible time. All the best to you, and thanks again for the nice comments.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Christopher W

Porta Party DJ's truly lived up to all the hype!!! They were accommodating, professional, & made the evening fun & exciting for all. Bryant Mulkey is a real asset to the Porta Party team & made our tonight the best we've ever had. M advice is to book them as soon as possible... Read More because they will not be available if you wait.

2016-10-12T16:08:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review of Porta Party DJ's and Bryant Mulkey. We're glad we were able to "live up the hype". . . that's always important. And yes, if you're a Bride/Groom and you are reading this, book us now before it's too... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Lisa C

If you want a DJ that keeps people on the dance floor and have a great time, book this company. Every single person I talked to that came to our wedding said they had the best time they ever had. I believe it was the music and DJ.

2016-10-12T16:09:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind review. Although we appreciate the compliment that it was the music and the DJ that made for the great time, you can't discount how fun your friends and family were, either!! What a great time.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Nicole L

John was our DJ and we could not have been happier. He met with us a few weeks prior to our wedding reception, so that he could understand our vibe. This ensured that he played exactly what we wanted for our guests. We are big music fans...this stuff is the background to our... Read More lives, right? Quite often this can be a part-time gig for some folks but not for DJ Fonzy. This is all he does and that is very apparent. He kept all of our guests happy despite a wide variety of musical tastes. I had several guests compliment me on the music alone. He played videos and ran pics we provided to show events from our relationship. It was amazing and we're trying to figure out another reason we can hire them again :D

2016-10-12T16:11:04 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your awesome review of Porta Party DJ's and DJ Fonzy. We take pride in the fact that all of our DJ's have a over 15 years of experience, and John knows his stuff well!! Congrats, and thanks for the review.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Ally J

I was recommended to Todd by a close friend. They said he was very interactive with the crowd, but at my wedding he seemed very lethargic and drained. We later found out he had just gotten back from Las Vegas that day. Then later guests told me he was rude and dismissive when... Read More asking him to play songs for us. I don't know how he was at other weddings, this was just my experience with him. I know he works with the Cardinals, which could explain his enormous ego and lack of effort now. I just hope this doesn't happen to another bride that decides to hire him for the healthy amount of money he requires.

2016-09-10T05:13:06 Response from the vendor

We are so sorry to hear of your negative experience with Todd from Porta Party DJ's. In the chain of emails between you and Todd immediately following your wedding, in response to Todd's email asking you how the event went and reminding you of the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Brent P

Very poor service. Paid $1,650 for 6 hours only to falsely charged an extra $250 for services never agreed on between the Porta Party DJ and myself. Don't waste your time or money with this over priced service.

2016-09-08T23:03:40 Response from the vendor

Well, this is very disappointing to say the least. 1. You paid $1650 for DJ services for a 5 hour wedding reception, and a few days before your wedding date, your fiancé who I had been corresponding with regarding all the particulars for your event,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

IF YOU WANT THE BEST, BOOK PORTA PARTY DJ Everyone will tell you if you want your reception to be one your guests will talk about & remember, then hire a good DJ. Well, I highly recommend Porta Party DJs! Our DJ Bryant was awesome! One of our guests commented that if the... Read More dance floor was never empty you know the DJ was good. There was NEVER a time that people were not dancing at our reception. Need I say more...book them, they will not disappoint you!

2016-10-12T16:12:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words about Porta Party DJ's and DJ Bryant. We take pride in making it our mission to get the dance floor packed from beginning to end, and it sounds like it was a HUGE success. All the best to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Jessica B

We used Porta Party DJs for our wedding reception. We were so amazed at how awesome Bryant was!! He was so knowledgeable at our first meeting and helped us with things we hadn't even thought of! Our reception went seamlessly and was wonderful! The dance floor was full from the... Read More first song and was still full when the venue started closing!

2016-10-12T16:14:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your nice review of Porta Party DJ's and DJ Bryant. Many companies don't take advantage of a face-to-face meeting between DJ and Bride/Groom prior to the event. We always suggest this when possible. Glad we made your special day so "special".... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Katie V

We absolutely loved Bryant M. from Porta Party DJ's. He was amazing! We had many, many compliments on the DJ. Such as "...the best DJ ever", "...kept the party going all night", "...he was so much fun". We would highly recommend Porta Party DJ's. You won't be disappointed. The... Read More one goal for the reception was for everyone to have fun and have the dance floor packed all night, and Bryant made sure everyone had fun ALL NIGHT!

2016-10-12T16:15:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind review of Porta Party DJ's and DJ Bryant. All of our DJ's have a minimum of 15 years of experience. It's that experience that we bring to the event to be able to make sure your event is a true PARTY.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Kelli L

This service did not disappoint! Todd was our DJ and had the entire place so energized. He was able to keep a large majority of a 450 person reception on the dance floor until last call. This truly made our day fun and exciting. My one wish as a bride was to have the dance floor... Read More packed the entire time and he exceeded this wish. Todd was very friendly, fun, and easy to work with. My husband and I highly recommend using this service for your wedding needs and would do it all over again with the same DJ! You won't regret using Porta Party DJ's if you want the best!

2016-10-12T16:17:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for you kind words about Porta Party DJ's and DJ Todd. WOW, to say you'd do it all over again with the same DJ is quite a compliment. We're glad your party was a huge success. Congrats.