CLASSIC - ROMANTIC - TIMELESS

Your future awaits! You will get images of love and joy that bring you back to a day gone by. One single amazing day surrounded by friends and family! Together, we will create timeless romantic memories that will be heirlooms! Mostly color, then embellished with carefully selected black and white images. Combined together to give you classic images of your wedding day! Candid images are captured unscripted and naturally, with little or no influence. With years of wedding insight, we can envision moments before they occur. Group photos are created with a fun playful spirit. A series of classic and romantic images of the two of you will be created throughout the day. We understand that time with your guests is so important, so we have mastered the art of efficiency when doing portraits.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Modern

1500 Hinesburg Road, South Burlington, VT (802) 864-4411

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Anne E

Geoff and Wendy were absolutely wonderful! Our photos turned out better than we possibly could have imagined and they captured so many amazing moments from our wedding day. Geoff and Wendy were efficient and professional as well as being friendly and fun, and we almost felt like... Read More we had known them forever. They made us feel totally at ease and they were more than willing to go to extra lengths to take some of the more tricky shots that we wanted. Our guests loved them too. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding so special.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Jenna P

Thank you so much Portrait Gallery for doing an amazing job with our wedding photos. My husband and I could not be any more pleased with the outcome. From the traditional shots to the arts ones and everything in between, it is impossible to pick even a few favorites! You do... Read More professional work while making it feel like you are part of the family.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Maggie B

Geoff and Wendy were a welcome addition to our VT winter wedding. The posed pictures are quick and easy and get the wedding party back to the festivities fast and you don't even realize they're there while they take so many great candids. Our pictures were ready for people to... Read More view by the time we were back from our honeymoon and the best part is that you get ALL of them to look at and keep. There were so many great photos to choose from for our album that it was so hard to decide. Portrait Gallery has allowed us to relive our magical wedding day over and over again and the memories will last a lifetime. If you're having a winter wedding, or any wedding, Portrait Gallery is the best in the business.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Siobhàn A

We had the absolute pleasure of having Geoff and Wendy as our wedding photographers. They were more than happy to allow us to pay for their services around our pay schedules, which for two college students was completely amazing. During our meetings before the wedding neither me... Read More or my husband felt pressured into their services or getting anything "extra." On the day of the wedding was perfect. Wendy actually helped me get into my dress and helped to tie the bow on the back of my dress when my mum was getting a little frustrated with it. Wendy also had an 'emergency' kit with her that included tread and needle, tissues, pins, basically anything that if you needed it she had. I informed Geoff that my brother was several autistic and it was important to me that I get photos of him being himself and not pressured into anything for particular photos. Geoff completely understood and got my brother to look at the camera, but let him be himself, which made the photos that much more special for me. Geoff even grabbed some photos of my brother 'stimming' during a lantern send off, which to me was perfect. For our wedding we had a tight time schedule due to our venue and my wish not to see my husband before the ceremony. We were nervous how that would play with the photographer, but Geoff and Wendy completely took care of what we could and couldn't do before and after the ceremony. It ended up working perfectly. Portrait gallery might cost a little more than some of the other photography companies we looked at, but the services that are included in the price and Geoff and Wendy's personalities are completely worth it.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Kendra S

Geoff & Wendy were amazing to work with. They have an eye for beauty, for detail and captured every moment perfectly. I even had a preview (75 pictures!) less than 24 hours after my wedding. These are two wonderfully talented photographers and I absolutely recommend them to... Read More everyone. Geoff & Wendy- thank you for capturing our day so perfectly. We can't say enough.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Samantha A

Wendy kept me laughing the whole time and made sure I felt comfortable during my photos. She captured my sense of humor perfectly. Geoff did a great job setting up the shots and making sure everything looked beautiful!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Laura H

Geoff and Wendy were absolutely amazing to work with! They were so easy to communicate with, especially since we are out of state and were not able to meet in person with them to plan everything. They are such kind people and made capturing our special day so much easier. It... Read More was so nice to feel that they cared about our day and were enjoying and sharing in our happiness. Picking a photographer was something that I wanted to make sure I put thought into because the photos are one of the only tangible things you have left from your day, and I am so happy with my choice of Portrait Gallery! They have created beautiful memories that will last a lifetime, not only for us, but for our friends and family. I cannot thank them enough for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Jessica O

Geoff and Wendy were amazing on our special day. We were planning our wedding from the West Coast and he was flexible with meeting and easy to communicate with from afar. The pictures were beautiful of course, but more importantly, Geoff was extremely efficient with our... Read More timeline. He kept things moving and made sure the photographs didn't get in the way of the fun. Thank you both so much for capturing our wedding day so perfectly.

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Anna K

Geoff did an amazing job with out wedding photos! He was extremely attentive from the moment I contacted him, and he responded to all my questions/concerns leading up to our wedding day within the hour. I had many questions, and Geoff was always reassuring me about his answers,... Read More which made me feel even more comfortable on our wedding day. He made sure to go through the entire day with me several times to make sure he got all the photos we wanted. On the day of, Geoff showed up at the exact time he planned, and not only did he get all the pictures we wanted, but he was also was very patient with our large family! Geoff helped capture the best day of our lives, and we are very grateful that we were able to work with him!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Anna K

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Nada G

Geoff was awesome! We hired him for our wedding and from the minute I contacted him until now, he has been absolutely wonderful. As someone with a Type A personality, I appreciate his responsiveness to emails and calls and have complete trust in him. That was the first thing... Read More that impressed me. I knew from looking at previous photos, that he was a great photographer, but even I did not expect that our wedding photos would turn out so spectacular. On more than one occasion, people have commented that they look like they could be an advertisement...that's how amazing they turned out. On the day of our wedding, before he arrived, he had already checked out the area and knew where some great photo spots were. He was on time and was a total professional. The photos were my biggest concern, as those are really the only thing you can look back on from a wedding, and I could not be happier. I LOVE them! I made the best decision in choosing Geoff to be our photographer and I highly recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Sheila M

Geoff McLoughlin did absolutely fantastic work with our Wedding photography. He is both very creative and well organized at the same time. Our prework with him left us feeling totally confident that he would expertly cover all aspects of our Wedding events. We were quickly... Read More impressed with the range of picture/album packages and the mix and match component flexibility available. Our pre wedding day pictures (including creative "ring" poses) gave us a great sampling of what to expect. Geoff followed the photo shoot plan perfectly including shots starting at the Bride's house, the full Church ceremony (before , during and after), post ceremony grouped shops of family and friends, unique Bride and Groom pics at beautiful historic and fall foliage venues and all the aspects of our reception including use of a photo booth for many fun shots. We've shared web site based wedding photo link with extended family and many friends. We and all of them are totally impressed with the great range and high quality of the photos from Geoff. We received many "wow" compliments which clearly reflect his expertise. The poses and candid shots are really well thought out and attractively unique in many cases, the picture quality is excellent and the photo booth shots truly portray the fun we were having that day. In every way, Geoff did a great job and we are very pleased! We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Julie R

Renée was amazing and more than we ever could have asked for! Her photos were absolutely beautiful and she was so kind and fun. She made us feel incredibly comfortable! She was so efficient and had a lot of great ideas! She got all of the photos we asked for and even more!... Read More Renée is the best! Our photos were posted online and mailed to us on CD very quickly!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jennifer W

I thought Geoff did an amazing job with our engagement photos. I love how used natural light to shoot with! It made the photos soft and natural. Thom was our wedding photographer, and he was simply amazing! The photos came out perfectly and captured our aesthetic. I was very... Read More impressed that he took the time to learn our family members' names. Thom was a pleasure to work with, and additionally, he was professional, personable, and cordial. Thom helped us plan which pictures to take, and was flexible with any changes or requests on our wedding day. Thom also captured tons of candid shots. Thom was so helpful during the planning process and on our big day, that I just knew I made the right decision to have Portrait Gallery shoot my wedding! I highly recommend Geoff, Thom, and the rest of the Portrait Gallery team. They're definitely "The Knot's" top pick for a reason! Thank you so much.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Meghan M

Geoff and Thom were amazing to work with. Geoff had about 70 photos online the morning after our wedding. We can't wait to see the rest of the photos. We worked with Geoff before the wedding to make a list of photos that we wanted, and he touched base with us throughout the... Read More night making sure we were getting what we wanted. They worked great as a team and also independently making sure the day was captured. Geoff would pull us aside once and while to get photos together. He was also quick when he did so, allowing us to get back to the party. Both photographers worked well with our videographer as well. We got many compliments on our photographers from guests.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Corrine K

The Portrait Gallery did an amazing job at our wedding. They went above and beyond on every aspect of the special day and fully captured all of the days magic and the special moments! I could not have picked a better photographer, they truly were incredible!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Danielle S

Geoff did such an amazing job on my and my fiances engagement photos. We won the shoot from one of the bridal shows and we couldn't be happier with the finished product. Not only did he do a wonderful job on the photos, he made sure that we all had fun (including the dog). I... Read More would definitely recommend Portrait Gallery in the future! :)

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Brittany B

We are so glad we went with the portrait gallery for our wedding photos! Thom was our photographer and was excellent. He made sure to get all the shots we wanted. We got our photos within weeks of our wedding and they were beautiful! Thanks Thom and Geoff!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Kelly M

We absolutely loved working with Portrait Gallery as our wedding photographer. Geoffrey McLoughlin met with us 2 days before our wedding to create our photography timeline and was very helpful as we decided the types of pictures we wanted. Once Geoff arrived on the wedding... Read More day, he quickly took the shots we needed before the wedding so that we could continue getting ready and relax. He was also great during the wedding and reception as we didn't notice him while we enjoyed the day. Finally, he took special attention to lighting and the beauty around us for our portraits and we will cherish them for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Chelsea W

The photos turned out amazing! They perfectly remind us of our wonderful day. Geoff was great about all the meetings leading up the wedding day and having him and his wife was great coverage for getting all the moments. We had a great time having them at our wedding to take... Read More great pictures of us and all our guests.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Paige S

We are so happy we went with Portrait Gallery for our wedding photographer! Geoffrey did our engagement shoot and was our main contact through the planning process. He was always so easy to get in touch with, organized and we love our engagement photos. He shot them at his home... Read More in VT which was such a beautiful setting. We are excited to work with him to finalize our wedding and parents albums! Thom is the photographer who shot our wedding day and he was amazing!! He was so friendly, organized and his work was incredible. We met with Thom about 2 months before our wedding and had an amazing meeting about pictures we wanted, who key players would be, how the day was going to go and what Thom needed from us. He went over names at this meeting and the day of the wedding he knew who everybody was, it was very impressive. He blended right in with the rest of our guests which is exactly what we wanted from our wedding photographer. He was very organized on the day of and ensured we got every picture we had talked about. At the end of the night he checked in to make sure we were good with him leaving and we realized we had forgotten the bouquet toss! He helped us locate the throw away bouquet and got those pictures then he stayed at least an hour longer than we had paid for to capture some more cool shots with lights and filters outside in the dark. We feel Thom went above and beyond and we are so happy with the end product!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Frieda A

We had very high expectations on photography for our wedding and the Portrait Gallery absolutely delivered. Renee and Lee are complete masters of their craft. They listened to us and ensured that we received all of the shots we asked for. They stuck to our guidelines on... Read More capturing the candid and natural moments, and they went above and beyond in taking shots of our guests and great events during the evening that we hadn't even witnessed. They allowed us to feel as though we were reliving the most amazing parts of the day, which is so important as those of us who have gotten married know that the day goes by in a flash. These photos not only hold the most beautiful memories of our wedding, but also some of the most incredible moments of our entire lives. We owe the Portrait Gallery our highest of thanks, and we are so glad to call Geoffrey, Renee, and Lee our dear friends. We will never forget their kindness throughout the entire process, and of course their incredible regard for our wedding. We also want to give a very special thanks to Renee, who stayed with us throughout the entire day and got some of the most beautiful shots we have ever seen from a photographer. She was never far, and helped us get through some very difficult, unexpected moments with a laugh, a smile, and a shoulder to lean on, to which we owe her greatly. You will not go wrong in choosing the Portrait Gallery for your special day. The photos are wonderful, the people are fantastic, and the process from start to finish is easy, comfortable, and an absolute joy. Thank you, Portrait Gallery!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Emily B

We couldn't be anymore pleased with the amazing service the Geoff gave us on our wedding day. From start to finish he was all about the Bride and Groom and worked diligently around our schedule. We never felt rushed of hurried about, and Geoff was always ready for those candid... Read More moments. He even captured moments that I had forgot about! Thanks Geoff! You are an amazing photographer, and any bride and groom would be lucky to have you shoot their most memorable moments.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Jeanine M

There are photographers and then there are artists. The Portrait Gallery is exclusively composed of the latter. Practical, efficient, visionary, and willing to literally climb into a swamp to get the perfect shot, you cannot pick a better team than Geoff and his wife Wendy to... Read More make your special day everything it deserves to be and more. Do yourself a favor... when you look back years from now to share your pictures with children, family, and friends, reminisce about what your union really felt like; make sure your pictures capture the soul of your unique, loving bond. Choose Portrait Gallery. We did and it was worth every penny and more!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Christopher C

It was a breeze to work with both Wendy and Geoff. They knew exactly what lighting and scenery would give us great photographs. They knew their audience and made all guests feel warm and welcomed. They both had a great sense of humor that made them super easy to work with. All... Read More photos were available within a week, and a smaller portion were available the next day! The quality was far beyond our expectations! We highly recommend Portrait Gallery!

Geoffrey McLoughlin

One of my earliest childhood memories is opening my grandmothers camp each spring. Our family has had this camp in Charlotte on the shores of Lake Champlain since the 1930s. I would always head for the old family photo albums. I was always memorized by the old photos. I loved looking back into my family history and seeing times past. I was especially fascinated that there was a time before I was born, and that I was not in it! Now, years later, the obsession continues! I love to capture a real moment, that otherwise would be gone. I can freeze time. For this generation and future ones to come!