Positively Charmed! Custom Ceremonies

Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Metro Area! WI Too!

The Perfect Language & Tone to Express Your Love!

Your ceremony, which we create together, will be the perfect expression of your love, and...and the process will be joyful, insightful, and romantic! Your Marriage Ceremony will be all about the two of you and your lives together. Your family background may be of a particular religious denomination, but you, as individuals may have not followed within the footsteps of that tradition. Sometimes your families are of differing faiths, and you may have a desire to put at ease those loved ones who would prefer that there be some traditional elements involved in your ceremony. My own theological perspective and spiritual beliefs are perfectly suited to meet this need in a personable and professional manner. Let's meet and begin our discussion that will guide you toward your "I dos".

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Se Habla Español, Planning

100 West Franklin Avenue Suite 202, Minneapolis, MN Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Metro Area! WI Too! (612) 382-2960

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Ashley W

We picked Leslie to be our officiant as soon as we met with her! She was our first, and only, officiant we met with. During all of our meetings, she asked such amazing questions to really find our about our love story. When we had our final meeting where she let us read through... Read More the ceremony, both my husband and I were teary-eyed. Leslie truly captured who each of us were, how our love story played out, and how we wanted it to continue being created. She put humor into the ceremony which is perfectly us :) During the rehearsal, she took charge and made it quite seamless (which was great because our nerves were quite high at that time). And day of, she was that soothing rock when emotions were heightened in anticipation of the ceremony. She took care of sending in our marriage license which was helpful since we left a couple days later to go on our honeymoon. She also provided us with our ceremony typed out on some really nice paper that we plan on making some sort of wedding collage with. All in all, you can't go wrong with Leslie as your officiant :)

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Pat C

I cannot recommend Positively Charmed highly enough - five stars is not enough. We had her decorate Semple Mansion both for the wedding and for a photo shoot we did two weeks before in vintage gowns - so each site we photographed fit the time period. She made the day so much... Read More more magical. She not only managed every item of decor we requested but creatively and beautifully implemented it all. Her collection of decor items is amazing. She was a delight to work with and I expect we will keep in touch.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Ashley S

I have nothing but fabulous things to say about Leslie of Positively Charmed. We booked her for our ceremony, marriage counseling, and décor. From the first time we met with Leslie we knew she was the one we wanted to marry us. We were looking for a customized,... Read More non-traditional/non-religious ceremony and she highly delivered! She spent a few sessions doing marriage counseling and getting to know each of us individually and as a couple. She truly knows how to personalize her ceremonies, and if you don’t like something in her draft she will gladly make changes. By the time the wedding day came, Leslie felt like family, which was such a great feeling. Since her office is at Semple Mansion, we also loved to see the décor she had for rent and decided her décor was a perfect fit for our venue. We wanted a romantic, Gatsby look, so we rented beautiful gold chandelier candelabras and mercury glass votives. The reception décor was simply breathtaking and we received so many compliments on both the ceremony and décor. I would highly, highly recommend Leslie for décor rental or ceremonies! She is truly a fantastic person and made our wedding and ceremony an extremely special day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Taylor J

We cannot thank Leslie enough for everything she did to make our wedding day so incredibly special! Leslie was our marriage counselor, officiant, florist, and designed and executed all of our decor for our wedding and reception. She truly got to know us as individuals and as a... Read More couple and ensured that we had the day of our dreams.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 John F

Leslie is an amazing speaker filled with great insights and wisdom. She is also a welcomed friend that cares and provided the support we needed to arrange and pull off a successful ceremony. I highly recommend her to any couple wanting to get married. Leslie being an... Read More enlightened and spiritual soul also is talented at bringing the things in the heart and soul to light during the ceremony to really say things that will touch everyone in the room. Spend the time with her and you'll quickly know your wedding is in good hands.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Merlyn G

Leslie did an amazing job with the decor for my wedding. The theme of the wedding was medieval styled theme with old world glamour and by the time Leslie was done decorating the reception venue it looked like something out of a fairy tale. I highly recommend that brides check... Read More her out and see her inventory because she has beautiful rental pieces. She also works with your budget and gives excellent suggestions. She did an extremely thorough job and executed my vision perfectly keeping any eye on details which was something very important to me. Thank you so much Leslie!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Elizabeth P

Leslie was so calm and easy to work with. Her vision for our decor was exactly what we wanted and she executed it perfectly. I would recommend her to all of my friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Nikki M

We could not have picked better officiant to join our love! Leslie went above and beyond to make our day extra special! We loved how personal and intimate she made our ceremony. If you are looking for someone who can really tell your love story through your ceremony you will... Read More not regret choosing her.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Julia Q

My husband and I first met Leslie as an engaged couple at another wedding. We were immediately taken by the beautifully worded and personal ceremony she had crafted for the couple and immediately decided that we wanted her to officiate our wedding. We also completed premarital... Read More counseling with Leslie. She did a wonderful job crafting the language for our ceremony and we couldn’t have been more pleased! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a thoughtful and creative officiant.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017

They were great to work with! They had great Ideas for us to put together the perfect look for the Garden Wedding ceremony we were doing. We loved their flexibility to accommodate our last minute changes . The best part was the rental time frame is 4 whole days for the same... Read More price as most places charge to have just for 2 days. They have lot's and lots of choices to make your event as special and one of a kind!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017

As the designer/florist for a large wedding (300 guests) and living out of state, Leslie was fantastic to work with. Her products selections were far beyond what I could have hoped for. Her attention to detail and customer services are top notch!!! Leslie provided delivery and... Read More assisted with set up as well as take down of the rentals. Her passion for "celebrating" each experience shows. I would highly recommend using this vendor for any décor rentals!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Sarah A

Leslie helped us add decorations to our wedding at semple mansion. She did a wonderful job!! She was so easy to work with, she stayed within our budget but without skimping on anything! She took the decorations we had already added her own touch and took it to the next level!!... Read More She did everything for our head table and it was stunning!! So glad we hired her, it wouldn't have looked so beautiful without her help!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Nora O

Leslie does amazing work and is a joy to work with. I had some idea of what I wanted but she was able to pull it all together beautifully. She has a huge variety of decorations but she's able make accurate suggestions so the process isn't overwhelming at all. Her floral work... Read More is absolutely beautiful but also extremely affordable.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jaime A

Leslie was a joy to work with! It was so easy to meet with her to discuss all of the details of our ceremony. She really made us feel relaxed and confident that our day would go exactly as planned! We especially loved that she wrote a customized ceremony. It was special to us to... Read More have something unique. We received a lot of compliments after the ceremony ended! We would also recommend working with Leslie for premarital sessions. She did a wonderful job of talking through some of the challenges we were having. She played a major role in ensuring our day went smoothly and we would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Maria E

I think that both my husband and I knew within minutes of meeting Leslie that she was just what we needed to make out ceremony perfect. She was so welcoming and personable. She answered every question and helped us to understand what we needed to involve in the ceremony. As well... Read More as what was not as important. She took time to get to know us and help us plan over the miles. She recommended our wonderful piano player, who we may not have found on our own. She was always quick to respond and so lovely to be around when we would meet. Our ceremony was so meaningful because of her words and what she learned about us. We wanted traditional but modified to represent our love. She nailed it. We heard so many guests comment on how beautiful and unique our ceremony was. That was wonderful to hear because we did not do much. we focused on the message and the love. We skipped some traditions but our ceremony certainly was not lacking. It was perfect. We LOVE Leslie. We are so thankful to have had her involvement in our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kehly T

Leslie was amazing! Our ceremony was perfect. She was so laid back and was able to keep the ceremony relaxed and fun. We loved talking with her before the wedding and appreciated all of her advice. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Caroline G

I've known Leslie for years, and have always loved how passionate she is running her business, Positively Charmed. I never thought I would be "that girl". Yet there I was. Surprised on The Stone Arch Bridge, my partner on bended knee presenting a ring box and popping 'the... Read More question' as the whirling world slowed and the magic set in. Floating above the concrete on our way back across the bridge, we called Leslie and asked her to marry us. The three of us cried in celebration as we cemented the time and the place. Knowing Leslie as we do, and keeping the wedding very small and simple, I was prepared for a casual approach to the planning, but Leslie took every detail of our special day very seriously. She was so wholly present. And on that very hot and humid day in June, on the Stone Arch Bridge, she wove a spell that drew all of us in. At once playful and witty, deeply spiritual and wise, Leslie conducted our nuptials with grace and eloquence as the Mighty Mississippi roared beneath us. None of us will forget that beautiful day, with Leslie at the center of our celebration of love.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Raymond D

"We really cannot say enough about Leslie and her part in our wedding day. Right from the start, Leslie took the time to get know both of us: what we were looking for with the wedding, the types of people we were, our views on our own relationship, etc. After our first meeting... Read More with Leslie, we knew we wanted her as the officiant for our wedding. Leslie was extremely flexible in terms of her approach to our particular worldviews, which helped us settle down a lot considering it was a non-religious ceremony. She provided us with a number of resources for inclusions in the ceremony, readings, and general tone of the ceremony. She was even open to us incorporating some of our own ideas for readings and tweaks to different parts of the ceremony. When it came time to the final version of the passages used in the ceremony, Leslie crafted a beautiful set of personalized lines that were unique to both of us. She didn’t just rehash stock passages, but really took the time to write things up based on all the little chats we had had during our meetings that gave her some insight into who we were. Leslie was also instrumental in designing the ceremony. After discussing how we wanted to incorporate our families, Leslie showed up to the rehearsal with some unexpected, but wonderful ideas (like hugs for the wedding party as they entered the venue). And lovely little details, like preparing a small journal-like book for the wedding day itself. Every piece adding to the moment and setting a wonderful tone for the day. And during the ceremony, Leslie was great at delivering all of the passages with patience and warmth. She was so very pleasant from start to finish, and we cannot thank her enough for helping to make our day something unique."

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Raymond D

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Maddie T

We were referred to Leslie by our wedding planner and we are so incredibly happy about it! I remember the first time John and I walked into Leslie's office the first time we met. She was warm, friendly, and understanding. We aren't the most traditional couple and we knew we... Read More wanted to really craft our own ceremony to reflect the two of us. We didn't know, however, how to do that. I also initially wanted the ceremony would be short and sweet so we could move onto the fun part -- the reception. Through various sessions, Leslie helped us put together what turned out to be the most special part of our day for me. She had so many ideas of how to make it "us." We incorporate aspects of Judaism and Christianity, non-traditional music and readings, and involved our friends and family. It was clear on our wedding day and during our ceremony that Leslie truly knew us; she didn't just think of this as another job. Her energy was also felt by everyone. She truly knows how to celebrate love. We also did the two session counseling with Leslie. I was so grateful to have a forum for an open conversation where John and I could get to know each other better, ask each other questions we hadn't before, and think about our future together. We learned so much about relationships and growing together and we know we have a stronger bond because of it. I am so thankful for how Leslie helped shape our special day and I would recommend Leslie in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kendra V

We couldn't have asked for a more magical and romantic wedding! Leslie with Positively Charmed was absolutely wonderful. We are so happy we found her. We had a simple yet elegant civil ceremony at the Semple Mansion and it was just perfect. She was very personal, we were... Read More comfortable with her immediately. We collaborated on our ceremony script with her and it turned out better than we could have anticipated. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants the perfect ceremony. Make an appointment to meet with her today you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Kate S

We couldn't have picked a better officiant for our wedding!! Leslie wrote an absolutely gorgeous ceremony totally tailored to us. We would both highly recommend Leslie as a wedding officiant. If you do make the wise choice of choosing her, TAKE HER PREMARITAL CLASSES!!! I can't... Read More tell you how much we LOVED them and how much they legitimately improved and deepened our love and bond. She's a truly fascinating person with incredible insights. Our hour appointments oftened turned into two or three hour sessions because we could not get enough!! I believe we did about four sessions with her, but based on our ceremony our guests thought she had known us for years. At the rehearsal she made sure everyone knew what they were doing and had a no nonsense attitude which I appreciated. She's a beautiful speaker and really goes out of her way to write something specific to you. If you don't want a run of the mill ceremony and instead are looking for a personalized, intimate and beautiful ceremony, Leslie is your girl!! We already miss our sessions with her. Thank you, Leslie!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Paul M

I'll start off by saying that Leslie could not have been more perfect and professional for Renee and I's wedding. We connected initially via phone, whereby my wife and I explained to Leslie "our story." She listened intently and with enthusiasm, asking questions to get to know... Read More us further. While meeting in person, Leslie was a great coach and understood perfectly what we wanted for our ceremony. Leslie shared with us the custom ceremony that she had written on our final meeting before the big day, and she knocked it out of the park. Our story was accurately captured and put on paper in the most eloquent way. The rehearsal was to the point and everyone felt well prepared in a short period of time, considering it was the morning of our wedding and there was much to be done! Our ceremony was beautiful. Leslie's delivery of the ceremony was perfect. She was engaging, always had a smile on her face, even got caught up a bit in the emotion of the evening. It was supremely evident that she cared a great deal about Renee and I and felt privileged to be the one to deliver to our audience the story of "us." Not only is Leslie a wonderful orator, she was organized and made sure that our wedding party and guests were as well. Leslie at Positively Charmed! has my highest recommendation. Thank you again for presiding over the best evening of my life! Paul Malazita

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Chris E

We had one of the best experiences ever with Leslie at Positively Charmed for our Wedding this last August. She made us feel so comfortable and welcome. We had 2 prior meetings with her before our big day, where she learned all about us, our style and what we were looking for... Read More out of our special day. She was always so welcoming and so nice through out the entire process and this really put us at ease about the day to come. The day before the wedding, we had our rehearsal and things were planned out so well and flowed perfectly. The day of the wedding, she was so excited for us and her speech which she took all these notes during our 2 meetings were turned into this beautiful ceremony and I will tell you there wasn't a dry eye in that entire building, it had so many tears of joy and told such a great story about us as a couple. Leslie really made our ceremony one of the best days of our lives and I would have gave her 10 stars if I could. Thanks so much Leslie for all the Love and the great speech you put together for the ceremony, it was just beautiful!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Laura K

Leslie was great! Very happy we went with her for our officiant. Throughout the whole experience she was very easy to contact and quick in response. She was even open to our interesting Absinthe unity ritual and worked it right in. If you are looking for a personal ceremony... Read More made just for you she is the one, definitely takes the time to get to know you and work your personalities into the ceremony.

Leslie Johnson

Over fifteen years ago I officiated my first ceremony and a decade ago I pursued my vocation in a formal way, including a Masters Degree from United Theological Seminary in MN. However, most people I work with are "outside of a denominational definition of faith" and the majority of the ceremony language I write for couples is a blend of inter-faith traditions; oftentimes more spiritual than religious, and almost always very inclusive. The custom ceremony we create speaks your truth; it will encompass your language about love and commitment, family, trust, and your personal views and beliefs.