Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

710 Dual Hwy, Hagerstown, MD (301) 665-1070

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

My daughter and I recently went shopping for her wedding gown. We scheduled a few appointments and were prepared to do a lot of looking, analyzing and deciding. As soon as we walked in to Potomac Bridals, the staff pleasantly greeted us and then we were off to our first... Read More wedding-dress shop appointment. Jodi helped us and was not only incredibly attentive (we felt that we were the only ones in the shop), but thoroughly knowledgeable. She knew the right questions to ask and the right advice to give - all in helping my daughter come to the best decision about what look she wanted and what dress would best fit her style. When we left that day, my daughter had selected her wedding gown! It is beautiful; Jodi did not leave one stone unturned. I can't wait to see it again when it comes in for fittings. We are thrilled to have found Potomac Bridals!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Mary D

Potomac Bridals was my #1 choice to book an appointment. I've gotten 2 bridesmaids dresses and have seen my best friend get her wedding dress and fell in love with their wedding dresses so it was on the top of my list. Not only do they have gorgeous gowns but a wonderful staff.... Read More Jodi could not have been more knowledgable and attentive, listening to my wants and helping me unpack my preferences. She was so kind and pulled dresses that met all the criteria. She helped me by asking the right questions and had helpful input while being a guiding hand. She was appropriately helpful. And wouldn't you know, I found my dress! Make them your first stop!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Megan C

This was the first place I went to try on dresses and they were so helpful and made me feel comfortable. Going in I wasn't sure what I wanted and they really helped me narrow it down. My appointment was with Jodi but all of them were stopping by and giving ideas. This was also... Read More the only place that did not push budget limits. I ended up not getting a dress here but prob would have if I had time to go back and try on dresses with a new budget. Honestly, after dealing with them all of the other places I went were awkward and didn't feel as comfortable voicing my opinion. Deff go visit!!!

Disappointed

Reviewed on 2/28/2015 justina f

Don't use them if you are not physically in Hagerstown! My parents live in Hagerstown and I am planning my wedding from Austin, TX. My mom who is completely clueless about all of this wedding stuff (I'm her first) went in to ask for alterations. They told her, "We cannot do... Read More measurements unless you are a customer." She also said, "let's just put it this way, they were not pleasant to me." I found a mother of the bride dress for my mom online and wanted to use Potomac Bridal for myself (I'm flying home in one week). I will look elsewhere in the D.C. area. Wedding Wire won't let you write a review unless you have signed a contract...

Helpful and Kind, but Misleading about Alterations

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Curtis S

Potomac Bridals was the second place I went to try on dresses. The consultant was very kind, and listened very well. She only suggested dresses in my price range, and did her best to pick out dresses based on the style I described. When I found my dress, I expressed concern... Read More that I could not find a seam near the bottom that would allow the seamstress to hem the dress. The consultant assured me that a seamstress would not have a problem hemming the gown. Unfortunately, Potomac does not have a seamstress on staff, so it was not possible to consult someone that day. I purchased the dress, but soon realized that there was in fact no seam; the bottom of the dress was made up of individual applique. It took my seamstress and her staff well over 40 hours just to remove the lace applique on the bottom. Needless to say, the alternations were over budget, and that is with the seamstress giving us a hefty discount. Ultimately, the dress was beautiful on our wedding day, and I don't think the consultant knowingly lied, but it would have been nice to know that the alterations were a little more intensive than what she insinuated.

Perfect

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Cari H

The girls at Potomac Bridal were wonderful! Especially Theresa. I went into the shop by myself to choose my wedding dress. Theresa was very patient, honest, and kind to me. I tried about 7 different dresses on before deciding on the first one I chose. They offer a huge amount... Read More of dresses and will even discount if you choose your dress and veil off the rack. The have a free layaway program which made it very easy for my to get the dress I really wanted. We also purchased bridesmaids dresses and tuxedo rentals here. Everything come in on time without mistakes. When you call, they are very helpful in providing information. Would choose them a million times over any other area bridal shop.

wedding dress

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Kayla M

my experience getting my dress was good. however they are horrible after they make a sale. they didn't ship a bridesmaid a dress after she paid for it to be shipped. it was just sitting in their shop!

Potomac Bridal

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 Hillary K

I prefered their previous location, but the new location has a larger dress selection.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/10/2012 erica E

Service and help was just wonderful! The shop is designed to give a wonderful experience ! We enjoyed working with them !

Love!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Lindsay M

These ladies are so great to work with. I've been dreaming of my wedding dress since I was a little girl and they made me feel so special when I went to look for my dress. Potomac Bridals was the first and only place I went to look and I found the perfect dress! They have such... Read More a great selection of beautiful dresses. I loved mine!!

Great Service, Beautiful Shop!

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Kelly M

I tried on dresses here, and although I found "the dress" somewhere else I still had a fabulous experience with them and would have happily bought my dress there if I'd found the right one. Everyone was friendly and there was a great selection. What I did buy here was my... Read More bridal jewelry, which was actually the hardest thing for me to find. I loved what I got there, and had the same excellent service while just looking for accessories as I did when looking for a gown. I also loved the price: I'd seen the same jewelry at another boutique and it was far less expensive at Potomac!

the best part of the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Emily M

My dress was exactly what I was looking for, and more! I had no trouble finding it, and I even bought the dress from the floor, saving 10%!

Fairytale

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Brittany C

When I first walked into Potomac Bridal all I saw was beautiful gowns and I wanted to try all of them on! The women there to help each bride were very helpful and they listen to what they like and what they don't like! They also have a seamtress that they highly recommend and... Read More she does a FABULOUS job! My dress was a size 8 and was taken down to a 0/2, and you couldn't tell that she had to do anything to it! It was gorgeous and I love my dress!

You need to ask for Sue!

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Katie B

Sue is that sweetest person I have ever met. I looked all over and had tons of very nice people help me try on dresses; none were as great as Sue at Potomac Bridals. She helped me find the right dress.

Great!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Jenna R

Personalized experience from a family owned business. I recommend this company to anyone who truly wants the experience of a lifetime!

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Krista S

I found my GORGEOUS dress at Potomac Bridals after trying a few on with my mom and sister the day before a a shop in Frederick. The whole experience was just wonderful and the lady helping us, Concetta, was truly lovely to work with. I would absoulutely recommend visiting... Read More Potomac Bridals if you are looking for great prices, beautiful dresses, and helpful staff who are willing to spend as much time with you as needed!!

Great Quality

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 Katrina A

Comfortable non pushy sales ladies! Great dresses available. No seamstress on site!

Very happy bride :)

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Nichole D

I was a bride on a budget and finding my dream dress in my budget (less than $1000) was worrisome; until I went to Potomac. I found the dress of my dreams here and it was one of the highlights of my bridal experience. My consultant was so helpful and insightful and the intimate... Read More nature of the store was beyond what I expected. I highly recommend them!

Good selection, bad service

Reviewed on 12/09/2011 Charley P

The shop has a nice selection of gowns including many designers. However, the staff is unfortunate.

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2011 Chelsea Ann W

My husband and I goot married in AUgust 2010 before he deployed with the Army. This past October was our official Big Wedding. After he got moved to Fort RIley, KS...I flew back to Maryland this summer to pick out my wedding dress at the last minute. These women are absolutely... Read More amazing! They heard my story and knew we were on a time crunch. I asked for a dress to be shipped from a specific designer and they had it waiting for me. When it wasn't The One, Rebecca went and grab a few dresses off their racks and the first one she picked was IT. Mind you, I have NEVER been that girl to dream about her wedding. I never understood the whole, "you know it when you see it"...well, I knew it the minute I turned around in the mirror and saw it. Rebecca picked out a dress for me that was even better than the one I asked to be brought in. It had just the right amount of sexy mixed with shimmer and spice. My mom cried. It was THE dress. My husband loved it when he saw me walk down the aisle. He told me I looked amazing. They made me feel so special. I would recommend this boutique to ANYONE looking for a dress. When asked what our budget was, I really had no idea. All of their dresses are UNDER $1,000. They offer a discount if you take a dress directly off their rack. This is a great place to go for budget brides and for ANYONE looking for a personalized and fun experience. Such a wonderful group of ladies!

Best service!

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Jennifer K

I love this dress shop and am recommending to everyone I know who is getting married! This wedding dress shop is wonderful! The staff are so sweet and truly care about making sure you have the perfect dress for your perfect day! They are sure to give you the special, personal... Read More attention you deserve and are a million times better than the chain stores, which I tried. Plus, you are supporting downtown Hagerstown! For a small shop, they have a great selection of wedding gowns. Everyone is willing to help in any way they can! They are willing to help with everything from the wedding dress, choosing bridesmaids dresses, and even helping with the tuxes! The personal attention was the best, which every bride deserves for her day!

Wonderful people with beautiful dresses

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Meghan S

Everyone at Potomac Bridals was amazing to work with. They truly know how to treat a bride and have an amazing selection of designer gowns. I couldn't have been happier with my dress and experience there, as well.

Excellent service and selection

Reviewed on 9/28/2011 Megan M

I found my dress at Potomac, it was beautiful and just what I wanted. The staff listened to what I wanted, helped me pull several dresses that I loved, and helped accessorize the dresses so I could see what the finished look would look like. They gave me the option of having... Read More my sister help me get into the dress, which made me much more comfortable. I ended up with a beautiful Maggie Sottero dress. All their samples are well maintained and the staff was wonderful. The prices of their dresses were also very reasonable.

Friendly and Casual

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 M G

I had looked for a dress at several other places around the area, and no one made me feel as relaxed and comfortable with looking at dresses as Potomac Bridals. Their consultants are very good at realizing what you do and do not like in a dress even if you don't know (in my... Read More case I would not like a dress but couldn't tell you why, and they figured it out). They also have a great selection of bridesmaid dresses and formal occasion dresses. My mom got her dress here as well and we couldn't have been happier with the whole experience.

Great selection

Reviewed on 8/14/2011 Christine J

The ladies in the shop are sweethearts are very knowledgeable about the stock they carry. They have a wide variety of dresses in all price ranges. My dress came in ahead of time and I promptly received a call that it had arrived. Measurements are on point because my hem did not... Read More have to be touched. If you are looking for a classy dress at a reasonable price this is the place to go!