Prairie Landing Golf Club

West Chicago, IL

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Prairie Landing Golf Club in West Chicago, Illinois, is proof that you don't have to sacrifice elegance for flexibility. From the stunning landscape that includes a Scottish links-style golf course to the elegantly versatile event space, two worlds collide at this country club. Use the picturesque outdoor setting for first look photos and then go indoors to take advantage of elegant space that is structured to fit your unique needs.

Ballroom. The ballroom at the Prairie Landing Golf Club has an assortment of unique layouts based on your needs. Choose from layouts that accommodate 190 to 275 guests. The ballroom has floor-to-ceiling windows and offers views of the golf course.

Sunroom. Add the sunroom to your ballroom rental for extra space. Adjacent to the ballroom, the sunroom holds up to 36 guests. The room's panoramic windows provide views of the golf course.

Outdoor space. The Prairie Landing Golf Club has an elevated outdoor space on the practice facility tee box. Choose the golf course or clubhouse as the backdrop for your ceremony.

The planners at Prairie Landing Golf Club stand out for their attention to detail and their fast and timely correspondence. They handle all aspects of the planning process, including the big and small details. That includes decorating the facility to your specifications. They also help you coordinate your entertainment and photographers for your ceremony and reception.

When you hold your reception at Prairie Landing Golf Club, you'll use the on-site caterer. The packages include a variety of menu items to choose from and substitutions are available. The planners help pair menu items together at your request.

The packages also include a four-hour open bar and a custom wedding cake. A complimentary cake cutting is also included. Various upgrades are also available, such as red and white wine served by a butler or a butler-passed specialty cocktail. A champagne toast and French crudité display upgrades are also available. Speak with your planner about all of your upgrade options.

Along with the upgrades, the club offers some additional services. Additional services include customized menu cards, custom ceiling drapes and a martini bar. Craft beer service, after dinner cordials and other options are also available. Along with the basic extras, the venue charges a ceremony fee if you hold your ceremony on-site. The fee includes the:

• Ceremony rental
  • Chair rental
  • Arbor
  • Wireless PA system
  • Unity table

The country club's basic package includes extras you won't find at many venues. Extras include:

• Centerpieces
  • Overnight accommodations
  • Shuttle services for guests to preferred hotels

Experience benchmark customer service at PLGC

Weddings at PLGC surpass every bride's childhood dreams. Our atrium ballroom features floor to ceiling windows overlooking the rolling vistas of our championship golf course. With two outdoor ceremony locations, in-house coordinator & exclusive packages, every detail of planning is covered.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

2325 Longest Drive, West Chicago, IL (630) 208-7633

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Melissa J

We had our dream wedding at Prairie Landing on 9/3/16. Ashley was so on top of EVERYTHING! They took care of all of the set up and take down for our ceremony and reception. The venue was beautiful. Having the patio attached to the ballroom allowed for extra space for our... Read More guests to mingle and a place to cool off after busting a move on the dance floor. All of the staff was pleasant and attentive. When we booked Prairie Landing I was a little concerned about the airport being so close. There were multiple airplanes taking off and flying overhead during our ceremony, but it didn't bother me too much. It turned into something silly for our guests to joke about afterwards. We got so many compliments about how beautiful the ceremony space was. I am very happy with our experience at Prairie Landing.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Sarah L

Could not have been happier with our experience! Our wedding was 11/26/16 so we moved everything to earlier in the day order to have some sunlight left. It was gorgeous. We went with the ceiling lighting and I would highly highly recommend doing that as it warms up the whole... Read More room. Food and staff were absolutely amazing. We had about 200 people. It felt cozy and welcoming but not too crowded. Ashley and Erin worked with me over email and in person leading up to the wedding to answer all my questions, offer suggestions, etc. We had a little snafu with the placecards and they were able to adjust and make things go smoothly so people barely noticed. We had an absolute blast and would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016

I would highly recommend Prairie Landing as a wedding venue. It is a gorgeous setting and the staff was excellent. Erin and Ashley thought quickly on their feet when we ran into a snafu. They handled everything with professionalism and poise. My only concern was that the bar... Read More couldn't keep up and therefore guests stood in line for quite awhile. But everyone worked hard and cheerfully which we really appreciated. We got so many compliments on the food and even the cake! Our compliments to the chefs! Our only regret is that we didn't have the whole staff come out for a well deserved standing ovation. Yes, they were that good. We should have recognized them that evening but I sure hope they read this review.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Samantha R

We had our wedding at Prairie Landing on June 25 and it was AMAZING! First off, Erin and Ashley are absolutely FANTASTIC to work with - both are professional, yet fun! And they are very detail-oriented so I felt very comfortable knowing everything would come together - and it... Read More did, beautifully! They worked with us from start to finish on our vision and I am so happy with how it all looked. I dropped off our items to be set up two days before and they took care of it all and did a beautiful job (i.e. putting out family photos, our guestbook, wine bottles to sign, escort cards, and favors). The banquet room was what initially sold us because it was the perfect size (we had about 160ish guests) and the windows overlooking the golf course views were great. A beautiful view and we loved going out at sunset to take some photos! There is an adjacent terrace for cocktail hour and an adjacent room for two tables for gifts, escort cards, etc. We also had room for two high-top tables for guests. Worked out well! So the set up was PERFECT. Another huge positive is they only have one banquet room so you are the ONLY WEDDING taking place that day! Lastly, the food was delicious and we received many compliments from our guests. Since they have an 18-hole golf course, they also worked with us on arranging many of the guys in our bridal party and dads to play golf the day before the wedding - worked out perfect and the guys had a lot of fun. A++! Look no further than Prairie Landing!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Olivia S

We could not have been more happy with how our wedding reception turned out! Ashley and Erin are just phenomenal to work with. They really made my vision come to life and always put my mind at ease. They answer every phone call and e-mail promptly and were always so... Read More professional. We brought a lot of little decorations to be added to the tables for the reception and everything was laid out just perfectly. Ashley helped keep me on time that night, but never made me feel rushed. She even helped my sister bustle my dress!! After the wedding, they made the clean up so easy for my parents and had everything packed up and on carts so that my family had very little to worry about. The room is just breath taking when it's all decorated we got so many compliments on the space. It's a great room because you are the ONLY wedding going on at that time and the space feels intimate yet spacious. I'm so happy we had our wedding at Prairie Landing and I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jamie F

Erin and Ashley were extremely professional and helpful. Food was top notch. I would highly reccomend this venue to other brides who want a beautiful venue with no worries!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Danielle J

Between attending Easter and Mother's Day brunches over the years, as well as my mom using the ballroom for work functions, when my now-husband and I decided we wanted to get married close to my hometown, Prairie Landing was pretty much our first choice from the start. Erin,... Read More Ashley and the rest of the PL team were so accommodating and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. The venue was set up beautifully and exactly as I had described it to be in my notes. The ceremony went off without a hitch, and even though our plan to have s'mores available for our guests to make on the patio wasn't able to happen because of high winds, the chef and staff were able to make the s'mores in the kitchen and serve them to the guests during the reception. The food was delicious, the drinks were strong, and everyone had an amazing time--I did not have to worry about a thing, which is every bride's dream, right? I highly recommend Prairie Landing as a wedding venue.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Angela R

My husband and I are so happy we chose this place as our wedding venue. I like that everything was included in the packages. It made the whole wedding planning aspect of things so easy. I'm so happy we didn't have to deal with stress of a million vendors. We had an outdoor... Read More wedding ceremony is September and the day could not have been more perfect. The way they set-up the chairs and arch was perfect. Working with Ashley and Erin was awesome. They always responded to my questions promptly and we're always willing to help. the staff was very nice and packaged everything in bags so it was easy to transport at the end of the night. The food was actually really good. We offered our guests steak, chicken, fish, and vegetarian. The salmon was by the far the best dish. I kept getting compliments over and over about the fish. Just an FYI all the steaks were well-done, but I understand it can be difficult cooking for that many people. If most of your family dislikes well-done you may want to stress that during your final consultation. Butler passed wine consisted of only one passing which was a little disappointing. The bartender at our wedding was great. I don't recall seeing long lines or any complaints about the drinks. The late night hot dog stand was awesome! I know I'm forgetting about a lot of great things. I've seen many brides go through stress with their wedding venues and vendors and I never felt that way working with everyone at Prairie Landing. I wouldn't redo a thing. Thank you for making our wedding so fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Angie M

My husband and I had a wonderful reception at Prairie! Everyone had a great time, the food was delicious, and I did not have to worry about a thing the day of. Erin and Ashley were on top of the logistics the entire time and we received so many compliments from our guests. The... Read More venue itself is beautiful and makes for some great wedding photos. One of my draws to Prairie besides the venue itself was the all included package. You get EVERYTHING in your package so you do not need to worry about tables, cake, flowers etc. It is really nice to have all of that included since you will be worrying about many other items already. My only complaint is the somewhat inflexible contract. Which I get it, it is a contract, but three days after I had booked the venue for June 20th, which was in June, I had a change of heart when I went to my hometown and decided to have my wedding ceremony there instead of in Chicago. We wanted to see if we could back out and look for a place nearer to my hometown, since Prairie was going to be an hour and 15 minute drive for everyone. But, we could not since the contract stated we would have to pay 7,500 to back out. My other complaint was there is a food and drink minimum that you have to be aware of. We did not think it would be an issue because we had 200 people we were planning to invite. When we only had about 160 people coming, we had to add on food/drink to the contract in order to meet that minimum (which was never discussed upfront). I also felt rushed to make decisions on our final run through of the logistics/setup for the night. Overall, we had a wonderful reception that ran without a hitch.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Rebecca W

We had our wedding reception at Prairie Landing Golf Club in October 2015. Everything went perfectly due to the great staff at Prairie Landing. Erin and Ashely were fantastic and were always there for questions. They were open to our requests and set up everything as asked. We... Read More are still getting compliments on the food from the guests (many said it was the best they have ever had at a wedding!). We thought the price for everything was fair and we got exactly what we paid for and it was great. They did such an amazing job and I would highly recommend this location for wedding receptions. We will have wonderful memories thanks to Prairie Landing!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Melissa K

I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else - the day was completely perfect! Everyone was so easy to work with and passionate to make everything match my vision for the day. Prairie landing was especially accommodating when the day ended up being unexpectedly cold -... Read More our cocktail hour was moved from the patio to the grill room and our late night s'mores bar was butler served rather than outside. The clubhouse was beautiful both inside and out - we were able to get amazing pictures. I would absolutely recommend Prairie Landing for any special occasion.

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Kelly M

It was gorgeous and the staff was fantastic. Couldn't imagine my wedding anywhere else!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

My fiance and I looked at 10+ venues for our wedding and nothing seemed to fit. As soon as we walked into Prairie Landing, we fell in love! From the beginning Erin and Ashley were nothing short of amazing! They were happy to answer any questions we had leading up to our big day.... Read More The floor to ceiling windows that lined the wall let in the most beautiful light. We had our ceremony outside on the practice green and used their white arbor for the backdrop. Guests were able to easily walk across the bridge-which was a big hit having such a cool feature. The grounds of Prairie Landing are awesome for taking photos! We were able to take a golf cart our with our photographer and videographer. Now, the style of our wedding was a little different than most. Our ceremony was at 1:00 pm on a Sunday with the cocktail hour and reception immediately following. Our night ended at 6:00 pm. We first thought that a wedding on a Sunday might be a buzz kill, but it was AMAZING!! Erin suggested doing butler passed appetizers and then stations for the guests. Each station was totally customizable and the guests raved about how good the food was! Everyone left with a full stomach. I wish I could relive that day all over again! We could not be more pleased with the outcome of our wedding and we owe it all to Erin and Ashley for making the day go so smoothly!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 John V

Prairie Landing was the perfect fit for our wedding reception venue. We had 120 guests, and the spacing was very comfortable, and allowed for everyone to move freely and enjoy the event. A couple of things to be careful of are the minimum is for food and drinks ONLY, any other... Read More add-ons such as chairs, lighting, and upgraded centerpieces will be an addition to your food and drink total. Not all the extras are very well outlined in the package. If you are not sure if something is included ask earlier rather than assume it is. We worked with Ashley as our coordinator and found that she was always able to get us the answers we needed and was very consistent on her follow through. It would have been nice if both coordinators were on the same page and both knew all the details on the package options and pricing. We often had to wait for an answer from the other coordinator, which always came promptly, however we found that to be unnecessary and frustrating at times. When the day finally arrived, Ashley had everything well under control. The timing of things kinda got thrown off a bit, but it all worked out. If you choose to do late night snacks, be sure to ask the coordinators to let the DJ know when they are put out, so the DJ can make an announcement to the guests. The reception hall and golf course were beautiful and allowed for many photo opportunities. Overall, we were extremely happy and would recommend this venue to future couples.

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Erin H

Overall my wedding night was a success and was a great night that my husband and I will always remember. We had an indoor ceremony that was beautiful, and the staff really did a great job on the decorations. My only complaints, are that the venue was terribly understaffed for... Read More the reception. Dinner service was slow, and some of my guests complained to me throughout the evening that they never got their salads, another entire table (my close relatives) was served dinner an hour after the others. There was also only one bartender during the reception for our 130 guests, and an hour into the reception the bar ran out of cranberry juice. One of our guests had to insist that a staff member run out and buy more cranberry juice, which after some resistance, they did; however, this delay caused a lot of guests to go without drinks of their liking, or no drink at all, for about an hour. My other complaint is at the end of the night, after being told that staff would help me box up items and load the limo with our gifts, no one was around to help. My husband and I had to gather and box up our table numbers, decorations, and other items, and load everything along with our gifts into our limo with no assistance from staff. Thankfully our groomsman were a bog help.

What a GREAT place

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Megan W

I cannot say enough great things about Prairie Landing. First, it is a BEAUTIFUL venue. The course is phenomenal and the setup of the banquet room is perfect! Second, the service is OUTSTANDING! Erin and Ashley are the 2 most helpful people I have ever dealt with. They are... Read More quick to respond, unbelievably accomidating, and just genuinely nice! And lastly, everything is SUPER EASY! They work with a bakery for the cake, a florist for the flowers, and hotels for accomidations and transportation to and from.

Great Food, Great Service even for a GREAT PRICE!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Becky S

100% happy with Prairie Landing Golf Course! Erin, Ashley and Jen were VERY helpful throughout the whole planning process to the day of making it all come together to be a spectacular day! I am forever grateful. My guests loved the food and atmosphere! They were so amazed at... Read More how beautiful everything was from the golf course to the club house. To my husband and I it was all worth every penny! Thank you Prairie Landing for making the best day of our lives one to remember!! .. and so affordable!!!

Baby Shower

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 DREW K

I attending a wedding at Prairie Landing and had such a positive experience I decided to have my baby shower there!! The venue is beautiful, clean and updated! New carpet and chairs. The food is outstanding and far from your typical "wedding/baby shower" food. The chef puts a... Read More unique twist on his dishes that are absolutely delicious and astetically pleasing. I had the smoked chicken tower which is a chicken breast with watercress, avocado, spiral carrots on brioche with tomatoes. Having pregnancy brain, I completely forgot about my friends dietary needs. The chef was able to whip up a vegan meal in no time. I was extremely appreciative for that. Erin and Ashley were very accommodating with. Our needs and request. Great girls to plan with. If only I knew about this place when I got married!! The waitstaff was excellent. They were quick and efficient and extremely attentive. Overall, my experience was fantastic and highly recommend prairie landing for any event.

We had a Wonderful Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Angie S

We enjoyed using Prairie Landing immensely. Our wedding was beautiful and many in attendance told us it was the nicest wedding they have ever been to. The outdoor wedding was gorgeous We did however have an employee on a golf cart that would not move for our pictures. Our... Read More photographers asked him very nicely to move which he did, he did a U-turn to the exact same spot. While this didn't ruin our wedding or our pictures it was extremely annoying. The food was great and every person there enjoyed their meal. The lamb was excellent and the appetizers were great. They saved a plate of each for the head table which was unexpected and delightful! It was a great experience and Prairie Landing definitely knows how to throw a good party. I would recommend this venue in particular to smaller weddings, the room is beautiful but the head table was over the dance floor so when it was cleared we didn't really have a place to go. Erin and Ashley are so easy to work with and accommodated every request made. It was wonderful to work with them.

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Carey S

Prairie Landing gave us a lot of freedom to make our wedding day our own. Whatever we needed or wanted, Ashley and Erin did what they could to meet our requests. We always wanted to have our wedding ceremony outdoors, but realize Chicago weather is hard to predict. We were... Read More able to wait until the night before to decide if we would proceed with the outdoor ceremony or if we needed to move it indoors. Luckily for us, the weather held out and we were able to have the ceremony outdoors on the practice tee. We were able to use the golf carts to get some of our guests to their seats. There were a few airplanes that were landing during our event, but honestly, it added to the uniqueness of our wedding! We loved it. We had our cocktail hour indoors in the Grill Room and the Sunroom, and our reception was in the Banquet Hall. My fiancé and I consider ourselves foodies and were a little worried about the quality of the food based on our experience at the tasting event, but we both agreed that the food during the cocktail hour and during our wedding reception was very good. We offered our guests the Prairie Chicken, Manchego Crusted Tilapia, and the Vegetarian Lasagna, and received a lot of good feedback about the chicken and vege lasagna in particular. Flowers by Christine did our flowers, which were included in our package, however we did upgrade our centerpieces. The flowers were beautiful and Christine was a delight to work with. Our wedding cake was also included in our package. I don’t know who the baker was, but we gave them a picture of what we were looking for and our cake was a replica of the picture we provided. It was beautiful. Ashley and Erin were amazing and I am so happy they were both there on our wedding day. Their smiling faces kept me calm and they were able to keep things moving throughout the night. We had a perfect day that we’ll never forget.

Our dream-come-true wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Kelly B

From the moment my husband and I walked into the ballroom, we thought Prairie Landing completely fit our "vision" of the perfect reception venue. Then we met with Erin and Ashley and knew we had found the perfect fit. From start to finish the entire staff at Prairie Landing was... Read More friendly, accommodating, professional, patient and fun. We found their packages to be affordable for our price range and very well put-together. We loved how much was included (like centerpieces) and that we could tailor our chosen package to fit our event (like adding bar choices). We also loved that we had access to the entire clubhouse and golf course for photos. Our reception was even more amazing than we imagined and we were able to fully enjoy our wedding without a single worry. All of the food was delicious and our guests had a blast! If you are planning on 200 guests or less and want to actually enjoy the reception planning experience, Prairie Landing is the perfect place!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

Prairie Landing Golf Club was the best backdrop for our wedding and reception. Ashley and Erin made sure every detail was covered during the planning process, and then made sure the actual wedding day went on without any problems. The location is beautiful (inside and out), the... Read More food was delicious, and the staff was helpful and professional.

Couldn't ask for more

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Casey J

From every aspect, I cannot rave more about Prairie Landing. Erin, Ashley, and Jennifer were all so helpful and supportive through my wedding process. I had a million questions and they emailed me back in an efficient manner and never made me feel like I was a bother. They... Read More set up the venue beautifully, and let us take the golf carts out to get some amazing pictures. I normally don't notice food at a wedding, but this food was amazing. Steak cooked perfectly. All I kept hearing all night, and still two weeks later, was how beautiful the reception was and how great the food was. Though it's a little more than some other venues I've looked at, a lot is included and I was able to stay within my somewhat modest budget.

I can't say enough about the...

Reviewed on 7/15/2014

Outstanding service we received for my daughter's bridal shower this summer! Ashley and Erin, the banquet coordinators, were more than accommodating to our every need. The banquet room, with a spectacular view, was more than welcoming to our guests. The food was simply... Read More delicious, and they even substituted meals for guests with specific food requests. The room was spacious and comfortable for all attending. The timing of our shower was not rushed which made the afternoon more relaxing and enjoyable. It truly was a memorial event for everyone who attended. I would highly recommend Prairie Landing Golf Club for your next venue! Once again, Ashley and Erin were stellar ladies to work with. They were very professional, and prompt with our every need.

My Dreams Came True

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Sarah F

When planning my wedding there were 2 things I absolutely wanted. The first being an outdoor ceremony, the second having everything (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) all at one place. Prairie Landing was perfect for this! There are really so many great things to be said... Read More about this venue. Erin and Ashley, the ladies we worked with for coordinating the wedding, were so easy to work with and always answered our many questions in a timely fashion. The venue was beautiful! I saw the reception room put together right before I walked down the aisle and the first words out of my mouth were "My dreams came true!!" They did a fabulous job decorating the venue for us. Oh I cannot forget how delicious the food was! We ended up having a significantly smaller wedding than originally planned, so we had to get many add-ons, but we're happy we did because everything was so delicious!! For our entrees we had chicken, fish, the vegetarian lasagna, and a vegan option, and even three weeks later we still have guests telling us how amazing the food was. They also did a great job catering to dietary restrictions. Some of our guests had joked with us about how they were used to not eating at weddings due to being gluten free, and they were stuffed by the end of our wedding. Our vegans found plenty of food to eat, and Prairie Landing even provided us with a vegetarian kids option for one of our flower girls. I truly feel I could go on and on about how happy I was with picking Prairie Landing for my wedding venue and I would highly recommend Prairie Landing for anyone looking for a perfect wedding.