Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service

Belgrade, ME

Maine's Premier Wedding DJ Service!

Planning is our secret & we will share it with everyone! Our state of the art equipment, music & website makes your reception planning an exciting & fun project, rather than a difficult task. Ask about how you can get a behind the scenes look at how we do things today!

$$$$ – Expensive

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

156 Smithfield Rd, Belgrade, ME (207) 409-6859

Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Brianne B

Jim Smith was a great DJ. He was very reasonable with pricing and worked with us every step of the way in planning our wedding ceremony and reception exactly the way we wanted it. We heard a lot of comments from guests on how much they enjoyed the music selection and the energy.... Read More I would definitely recommend for couples planning their wedding.

Karalyn

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Karalyn F

Jim was an awesome DJ!!! My husband and I had contacted him months before the wedding to discuss that details that we wanted for the wedding. Because we were 3 hours away from him, he met us half way so we could have a face to face meeting per our request. Having a great DJ... Read More was a priority for us. We explained to Jim that we just wanted everyone to dance the whole night! Needless to say, everyone danced the entire night! We had to practically drag people away from the dance floor when the wedding was over. He definitely knew how to read the crowd and played the right music to keep the guests partying (if that's what you want, but then again who wouldn't want that)!! To put a twist on things, my dad and I arranged a fast choreographed routine to interrupt our father/daughter dance. This was a last minute decision and Jim took it in stride and everything went off without a hitch. Our friends and family have continued to rave about how much fun our wedding was. I owe a HUGE part of that to Jim. Without his energy and knowledge of music our wedding wouldn't have been the same! As a side note, he also did the music for our ceremony. It was simple and perfect. Definitely a very versatile DJ! We also opted for the photobooth available through Premier Entertainment. A TOTAL HIT with EVERYONE! We even have a scrapbook of all of the photo booth pictures with notes from our guests! I can not say enough good things about DJ Jim and Premier Entertainment.

Could not be happier with DJ JIM!!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 LINDSAY M

We had DJ JIM dj our wedding in October and he nailed he. He knew just how to keep the dance floor going, had an excellent selection of music, allowed for us to be as involved in music selection as we wanted, and was perfect all the way around. We were so happy with him, we... Read More wouldn't change a thing. He was fun to work with, professional and great at keeping in touch to answer questions, work with us and make sure our wedding went just as planned. Working with Jim was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding - he was the icing on the cake and a perfect DJ all the way around!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Eunice E

DJ Jim was a prince from start to finish; he was not only incredibly warm, he was professional, and most importantly: he was FUN. He delivered from before the ceremony began (prelude, processional, etc.) through the wedding party introductions to the speeches to the best last... Read More dance ever. Everyone was on the dance floor... including my great-uncle who literally didn't even dance at his own daughter's wedding... because the music was THAT good. DJ Jim knows how to read a crowd, and he started with 80s to get everyone moving and grooving (because who could say no to Come On Eileen?!) and then began weaving in 90s (EVERYONE LOVED THE BACKSTREET BOYS, NSYNC, AND AQUA!!!), and Top 40 hits throughout. He is truly such a nice, nice, nice guy, and a top-notch DJ. I can't recommend him enough for a good time. (And his wife, Cheryl, does photo booths too, so it was a slam dunk dynamic duo for us!) Thanks, DJ Jim: you were truly a knight in shining armor during our special day!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Jessica S

DJ Jim was so fun! We loved his enthusiasm the night of the wedding - from announcing our bridal party to getting everyone on the dance floor, he had a great energy. He has an easy to use website to request song choices and is helpful if you are stuck between a few. It was great... Read More the Jim was able to offer us a holistic package including up lighting for the night. I would recommend using his wife’s photo-booth service as well, people had so much fun in it and it makes life easier to consolidate vendors where possible. Together they did a fabulous job setting everything up and making for an awesome night!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Pankaj P

awesome dj

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Noelle C

Overall, Jim was a great DJ. He kept the evening running smoothly from ceremony through the reception and played all of the songs we requested. The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is the fact that the wrong processional music was played (music is a very important element to me... Read More and I was very specific about which version of Cannon in D I wanted and even bought & sent the correct version to Jim prior to the big day). There was also a bit of a hiccup with the announcements of the bridal party at our reception...a few names got mixed up despite confirming them a few minutes prior to the announcements. I guess I was just a bit surprised as I had spent a lot of time preparing a very detailed timeline of the evening including song names and scripts for announcements. Other than those two things (minor details when you look big picture), we did get a lot of compliments from guests on Jim. He had everyone on the dance floor the entire night and was even able to accommodate/hook up a mic for the piano we rented for friends to play for a sing-a-long (old tradition we have). Would recommend.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Erin W

We would defiantly recommend Jim as a DJ. He was very helpful from the first conversation to the day of the wedding. He was very professional and guided us through all the different pieces of our ceremony and reception. The dance floor was packed the whole time and kept the... Read More party going all night.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Catie D

After months of phone and email correspondence, Jim called me two days before our wedding and haphazardly asked me to recap everything we had spoken about. I tried not to be concerned, but in hindsight I should have been. Jim played the WRONG song for my BRIDAL PROCESSIONAL.... Read More My husband and I had hand picked a special song for my walk down the aisle that was meaningful to us and captured the atmosphere of the entire wedding weekend. Instead, I walked to a sappy Adele song that makes me cringe to this day. Beyond that, Jim was a fine, generic DJ. All of our guests had fun on the dance floor! We relied heavily on "requests" because our expectations, I think, were miscommunicated. Several guests complimented Jim's talent, yet several said plainly he was rude or a jerk when they submitted song requests. Jim told us time and time again that he would approach us 30 mintues before the reception was scheduled to end and ask if we would like to add another hour. He never did this. He announced on the mic that it was the last song of the evening and left us stunned and upset. When we spoke to him and asked to extend the reception by an hour (as our venue told us he has verbally agreed to 20 minutes earlier) his first words were, "Well, how are you gonna pay for this??" So bizarre! As I said, Jim threw a good party with some careful direction from our guests' song requests. BUT, literally my one and only regret from my otherwise wonderful wedding, was Jim as our DJ. I never write reviews, but I feel that it's important to at least make my experience known to others. Hopefully I'm in the minority, and Jim was just having an off week. If you don't want the first song of your reception to be "Ceeeelebrate good times, come on!" Look elsewhere.

2016-06-29T07:39:47 Response from the vendor

Communication is key with me as your DJ. It is so important to be responsive and clear. I call 2 days prior to confirm your wishes. You were right, the info was unclear, not detailed and put together in a way I was comfortable and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Allyson C

Jim completely exceeded our expectations and I would highly recommend his services to anyone looking to hire a DJ. His website is so easy to use and allows you to pick the songs you do and do not want to hear. He was able to read the crowd and kept people dancing all... Read More evening. We have heard from many guests on how great the music was and we really couldn't be more pleased!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Mallory L

Jim was the best DJ we could have asked for! We recently got married on August 1, 2015 and received numerous compliments on his service. He was so easy to work with and always responded promptly. Thanks Jim for an awesome wedding reception!

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Cairsten B

We found DJ Jim on The Knot and we are so happy we listened to everyone's positive reviews. Even though it was about 18 months before our wedding, when I first contacted him, he called me to hear about what I wanted to achieve for the wedding day. From that point on, he was... Read More really easy to work with and also has a user friendly website that allows clients to choose songs. The site also has an organizational worksheet that made everything streamlined. Even with his site, he is still more than happy to talk on the phone (we live in VT) to discuss our plans. On the day of, he was prompt (early, actually) and set up his equipment so he was ready. Right before the reception he went over everyone's names which was challenging as we had 15 wedding party members and some difficult last names but he nailed it during the entrance. He was also flexible right before our entrance when I had to make several changes due to a last minute groomsmen switch. The most important part, the music, was phenomenal. He chose the right songs during dinner that elevated the fine dining experience. Once the party began, the dance floor was packed. There was one song that people started to leave during and with one look, he had changed it to a popular song that had everyone racing back. I also like how he plays to the different generations in the room. Many times during the night I noticed my parents, grandparents, great aunts and uncles, college friends, etc. all dancing together. Jim is a fantastic DJ who gets the party going right away and it doesn't stop until the last song. We appreciate everything he did to make our wedding memorable and great!

Great service for DJ and photo booth!

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Erin G

The overall process of scheduling everything with Jim was very smooth. He was always prompt in replying to my emails and contacted me regularly in the weeks just prior to the reception. I highly recommend them! We had John as our DJ at the reception and he was excellent. He... Read More was extremely friendly and personable - constantly checking in with my husband and me to make sure we were happy with everything. He had technical problems during the last hour or so and improvised by plugging the music into his car speakers so that the party could continue! We also used Premier Photo Booth which was a huge hit with our guests. We had had our ceremony with formal portraits on a different day, so wanted something more fun and casual at the reception. Mistie and the other staff members were awesome and it was such a great addition to the party.

Great service!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Kerri D

We were recently married at the Samoset Resort in Rockport, ME. Being from Massachusetts we had to rely on reviews and recommendations to pick our vendors. I read the reviews for Premier Entertainment and decided to take a shot. Jim Smith replied back right away and I knew after... Read More speaking with him that this would be a good match. From the beginning he always checked in to see if we needed anything and was so helpful. He has you fill out an event planner to get a feel for the music you want and goes over it with you the week before the wedding. He made me feel very reassured and he understands how stressful wedding planning can be as he was just recently married himself. Jim was extremely professional and I would highly recommend him! He had our wedding guests on the dance floor all night. Our guests are still raving about what a great time they had. Everything was seamless with Jim from start to finish and it was a pleasure to work with him!

Excellent DJ

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Christine S

Never having met him in person, Jim Smith spent hours on the phone with us preparing for our event, and assured us that he would provide everything that we requested...and he did! He was extremely professional, arriving well ahead of time to set up, and using a planned agenda... Read More for the evening. Jim provided the perfect atmosphere by being charismatic in his introductions without being over the top, strategically selecting songs from the playlist that we had decided upon together, and playing songs for the perfect amount of time. We are so grateful to him for everything that he did to make our day special, and we recommend him 100%.

2013-10-22T19:25:36 Response from the vendor

Things went so well, There was a great intro and your party was awesome! Thanks for the great recommendation!

Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Dana B

When my husband and I started to plan our wedding we knew that we wanted an amazing DJ. Our reception was going to be the biggest party that we have ever thrown. While we were in the early stages of planning our wedding(two years out) we were invited to an event at a local Elks... Read More Lodge. The event started at 8pm and by 815 the dance floor was crowded!!! Nick and I looked at each other and we knew that we didn't need to continue looking for a DJ. If Jim could get people out of their chairs and onto the dance floor in 15 minutes, we knew that he would to amazing at our reception. Other than Jim's personality and quality as a DJ, his online service's are great! We were able to pick from thousands of songs, save our selection and come back later and pick more songs. I came from a single part home and opted for a Mother- Daughter dance. I was able to find the perfect song on Youtube that was not in his large collection of music. I was starting to freak out!! After a brief conversation via email Jim came through and was able to get the song that I had wanted!!! Which I feel speaks volumes to the dedication that he has. He understands how important your day is and it willing to make it go as smooth as possible. He delivers 100% Not once did myself or our wedding party have to worry about the flow of the evening. Jim was our DJ and event coordinator all rolled into one(due to the lack of coordination that our coordinator should have had!) And for that we are so very thankful that we picked Jim!! August 3rd was the most important day of our lives, we would do it all over again and we would hirer Jim as our DJ in a heartbeat!!!!

2013-10-22T19:27:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your great words! It is nice to see. I am so happy you picked me and will remember your event for a long time!

Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Jennifer O

Jim was a terrific DJ for our wedding in July. My husband and I live in New York so our entire wedding was planned remotely, and Jim was a great help in getting everything together. We spoke many times over the phone to plan our entire reception and Jim was great at listening... Read More to our ideas and making suggestions. He was always available to recommend other vendors and respond to our questions throughout the year. Best of all, the dance floor was packed all night long and we had an amazing time. Thank you Jim! -Jennifer & Jason

2013-10-22T19:28:19 Response from the vendor

I am so glad you had so much fun, your wedding will last in my mind for ever, your family and friends were a huge part of the success and the venue was sooo nice! Thanks again!

Professional and inexpensive

Reviewed on 11/27/2011 Katie B

I found this videographer on line. It is a national service. You simpluy fill in an online form and they deliver. He was great!

2013-10-22T19:29:11 Response from the vendor

Ahhhh we are a DJ service and do not do video :(

fabulous dj!

Reviewed on 11/05/2011 Amy L

Jim Smith was so great to work with!! We were so impressed with how organized and professional he was throughout the entire thing! Over the course of the year, we contacted him with various questions, and he was always lightning quick to respond to us. He features a "planning"... Read More section on his website where the bride and groom can login to update a planning form, which includes all of the information he could possibly need to run your reception perfectly. It also allows you to create your very own music play list and "do not play" list for the reception! Every time we met with him he was very organized. He's a very nice guy to work with, and our wedding went off without a hitch. He had backup equipment AND people should anything go wrong. We didn't have one glitch our entire night, everyone was dancing, and the music was perfect!! We loved Jim Smith!

Fantastic DJ

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 Chieu T

We found Jim Smith last minute and threw him into our crazy pit of chaos. Jim was given very little instructions, but took it and ran with it. He came through for us with flying colors. Jim was responsive, professional, and went out of his way to help make the day special for... Read More his client. Our guests had a blast! Our wedding would not have been the same without this wonderful DJ. Thanks for an awesome job at our wedding!

Fabulous DJ!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Amy P

Jim Smith is a VERY organized DJ, and he is so great to work with. I absolutely loved the accessible online planning form on his website that allowed us to work on it for the entire year that we planned our wedding. We also had the option of creating our very own personalized... Read More reception music play list! When we met with him both times, he was very organized and professional. He did a wonderful job at our reception, and the entire night went off without a hitch! He has backup equipment AND people, so you're certain your night will be perfect!! He's very personable and was a pleasure to work with!