Queen's Landing

Ballroom, Cruise

Food + Catering

1459 River Hwy, Mooresville, NC (704) 663-2628

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Courtney H

I had my wedding here on the Lady of the Lake Yacht and it was absolutely fabulous! Brian and his staff made sure every detail was met. My expectations were exceeded. As a matter of fact my guests are still talking about my wedding. The staff and crew was great and professional... Read More and the food was delicious. I have been dreaming of my wedding since age 13, yes I'm "that" girl, lol. My dreams came true as I wedded my best friend as the sun set on Lake Norman. Thanks Queens Landing for making my dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017

WORST PLACE EVER!!! Please read this review before you book the cruise. Our party of 12 spent $1,100 for the Lady of the Lake Dinner Cruise. Confirmation emails and receipts showed 6:30 to 9:00 pm dinner cruise, website showed 6:30 pm boarding and 7:00 pm departure with 9:00 pm... Read More return. When our party arrived at 6:00 pm, we were told by a VERY RUDE front desk female that we could not check in until 7:00 and when we attempted to check in at 7:00, she placed, without speaking, a sign saying that we would be checking in to some other place at 7:30 pm. When we got to that place, our dinner cruise was changed to a Hawaiian luau? Sounds good, huh? Well the tickets for the luau were $17.99; the tickets we paid for were $75 each and included a five course meal with choice of prime rib, alaskan salmon, chicken marsala or vegetable penne pasta; not including the 12 chocolate covered strawberries we ordered and the $300 for VIP service and champagne. So, wanna know what we were offered instead? COLE SLAW, BAKED BEANS AND PULLED PORK - REALLY? In addition, the RUDE STAFFER told us that boarding was at 7:00 and that I should read it on my ticket . . . you know, the ticket that we were never issued . . . . POOREST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! To bandage it, they offered everyone a complimentary drink, but failed to inform everyone that they were serving alcohol mixed in hawaiian punch in large iced tea carafes . . . then they poured a cup for my two-year old grand daughter and my 15 year old son. None of us realized it was alcohol until my son became apparently inebriated . . . Time to call the Attorney General's Office and the ABC on this place, just for starters. They should be shut down and the owner and her staff should be arrested. People were served alcohol on empty stomachs and were not fed until four hours after their scheduled dinners. We were not the only ones . . . CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT NEEDED against this place. WHAT A CATASTROPHE!!! The owner should be ashamed.

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Chelsea B

We were married April 15, 2017, on the Catawba Queen and my wedding was a dream! Brian was our day of coordinator and made sure that everything went according to schedule; he also made sure that my vision for the wedding was pulled off the day of!!! He made sure that all the... Read More small details were the way that wanted, and also added a few touches that made my day extra special! Nothing seemed to be overlooked when it came to my ceremony and reception! Both spaces were beautifully decorated and fell within a "southern romantic" feel! My dream wedding would have been in Charleston, SC, but if you are also looking at April that begins peak season in Charleston! So we were able to pull off a Charleston theme on a perfect spring day (80, sun shining, with a beautiful breeze off of Lake Norman)!!! We used mostly Queen's Landing for our vendors-Our food, DJ(DJ Dianne-she was wonderful, and made sure to not play those on the "Do Not Play" list!), Day of Coordinator (Brian-see above), and officiant(Captain Ron-He gave us a copy of our vows that we will cherish forever!) were all through Queen's Landing. I was lucky enough to have my sister has my photographer, and my sister in law made us the most beautiful cake, so unfortunately unless you are in Vermont or Hawaii, I can not recommend those services for you! If I could do it all again, I would still want the same thing, but I would have made a couple small changes(nothing that the venue would have had control over), and danced more!!! The day goes by so quickly it will literally be like you blinked and its over!!! Enjoy every second, and remember that you can't please everyone-sometimes is most important to do what is going to make you happiest!! For an amazing wedding-you should definitely consider Queen's Landing!!!

Love!!!

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Rachel T

Our wedding was on July 4th weekend and I had to plan in 6 weeks! I am from Charlotte so I had seen this place and thought the banquet room would be perfect, on the lake, at night. They even had fireworks that Saturday so we got to see a wonderful show and take pictures!! I... Read More called them and they gave me all of the options of the boat and room etc. I called so many times and they were so helpful!! I went the first time to check out the room and they were able to do exactly as I wanted. I had the ceremony and reception in the same room so all of the tables etc, had to be in place for everyone to sit. The day of they had everything set up perfectly! It was a dream come true how everything turned out! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone

2011-07-28T07:52:35 Response from the vendor

I am so glad your dreams came true! Thank you for choosing Queens Landing for your special day!

Great time!

Reviewed on 5/19/2011 Keli J

My girls and I headed to Joker's Dueling Piano Bar for a fantastic night out!