Quonquont Farm Pick-Your-Own Orchard and Events

Quonquont Farm is a 140 acre fruit and flower farm. Our 19th century renovated barn seats 200 guests and makes the perfect setting for a wedding! We are located in Whately, MA and are 15 minutes from downtown Northampton and Amherst. Hosting weddings May through October, we also offer the opportunity to have a ceremony onsite at one of our beautiful outdoor locations. Our renovated farm house provides a great suite for members of the bridal party to gather prior to the ceremony.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

9 North Street, Whately, MA (413) 588-2028
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Sarah T

I can't say enough good things about Quonquont and the incredible ladies behind everything: Jenelle and Maddy. My husband and I got married there in July 2017. We booked a little over one year in advance and were communicating with Jenelle throughout that year. The venue itself... Read More is stunning; it really requires little to no additional decorations. It was exactly what we wanted: rustic, yet polished and simple, but stunning. Between the outdoor scenery and the beautiful barn, it's hard to not love this place. Our guests gave us many compliments on the location. In addition to the visual aspects, Jenelle and Maddy are truly phenomenal at what they do. They were responsive, flexible, reliable, helpful, and supportive throughout the entire process, no matter how silly or random our questions were. They are very organized and keep a file on each couple they work with. My biggest fear as a bride was that I would be running around the day of my wedding making sure everything was happening as it was supposed to instead of enjoying myself and my day, and Jenelle and Maddy made it so there was no chance of that happening. We told them every detail we wanted and they carried it out. They set up all of our tables and decorations and took it all down. They took care of every detail the day of and did not miss a beat. They were very helpful with recommendations but never pushed vendors or extras on us. You really get what you pay for with this place. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Heather N

My wife and I got married at Quonquont in July and had an absolutely incredible experience. Jenelle and Maddy were supremely helpful from the first visit without ever becoming overbearing. They checked in regularly, accommodated all our requests, and gave us fantastic... Read More recommendations on everything from vendors to work with to specialty cocktails. We had our wedding ceremony outside in the field behind the barn, our cocktail hour on the stone patio and lawn, and our reception in the barn. In addition to the venue, they also did all the bar/drinks and our table settings. Every aspect of this venue is beautiful and they took care of lots of little details that made every step of the process run smoothly, from providing bathroom baskets to setting up all our day-of decorations. They were endlessly professional, always remembered where we were in the planning process and what we had discussed last meeting, and helped us to stay calm and excited throughout. We would highly recommend Quonquont!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Stacy C

We would highly recommend Quonquont Farm for it's beautiful property, barn interior, and event staff! My wife and I loved Quonquont on the very first visit. The outdoor space for our ceremony was just what we wanted, we overlooked the blueberry patch with the hills in the... Read More background. The barn itself is amazing. Our guests kept commenting all night how unique and beautiful both the farm and barn interior were. Despite the mid July, 90 degree heat, the barn air conditioning kept everyone comfortable. For planning and logistics, the event manager Jenelle was extremely helpful, easy to work with and always on top of the details. Her and the staff onsite did a great job in the time leading up too, during, and after our wedding. They were extremely helpful, providing a list of frequently used and preferred vendors for everything you could need from catering, entertainment, flowers, etc. Having vendors with prior experience and contact with the Quonquont staff lead to a smooth and comfortable process. Even if you have your own vendor in mind, as we did for catering and dinnerware, Jenelle was able to work with them and did a great job in planning and coordinating their roles with us. The staff also did a great job setting up all of our decorations exactly as we envisioned them. Having the freedom to create your own decor and layout, but having it executed by their staff was just what we were looking for. It allowed us and our family and friends to just enjoy the day! They were very flexible through it all, even allowing us to use our own arbor for the ceremony along with a couple other outdoor decor items. As a final note, we had Shawn from Viren Entertainment provide acoustic music for our ceremony and DJ during the reception. His previous history with Quonquont and Jenelle made the entire entertainment process flawless. We never encountered any issues with music volume and our rather energetic guests had a fantastic time on the dance floor! If your looking for a rustic barn venue for your ceremony, reception or both, we would highly recommend visiting Quonquont Farm!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Erika R

My husband and I cannot stop talking about how amazing our wedding day was. We booked about a year in advance, after changing wedding plans several times I reached out and they only had two dates available for 2017...so I knew we had to go there ASAP, as soon as we stepped into... Read More the barn venue we felt instant relief and we knew that we had to have our wedding here. The Quonquont Farm was everything we envisioned for our big day and more. Jenelle and Maddy are absolutely amazing at what they do, they are so inviting and friendly, they made wedding planning a breeze. They were so quick to any emails I sent, and answered any questions I had.The day of our wedding we literally worried about nothing. They handled everything wonderfully, I didn't have to worry once if everything was going well. They would check in and see how everything was going, if we needed anything and would give us a little heads up on what was next. Our wedding day was beautiful, and I am so happy we made the decision to get married at the Quonquont Farm!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Nicole D

The Quonquont Farm team was simply fabulous! They made the entire process smooth, answered emails promptly and made sure to make my husband and I feel special the day of. I cannot thank them enough for their amazing work and would recommend anyone to get married there!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Chantel Z

We couldn't have picked a more stunning venue for our wedding than Quouquont Farm. We had looked at a lot of barns in the New England area and there is a sophistication to this space that is unparallelled. And it has beautiful details in its structure, lovely restrooms, and a... Read More great air conditioner (which were amenities that were lacking in other venues). Jenelle and her team are amazing and highly knowledgeable. From day one, she was always responsive and helped out greatly with our rentals and the venue decor. She is super pleasant to work with and gives great advice and recommendations given her knowledge of the space, the season we were getting married, and of weddings in general. On the day of the wedding we had the most beautiful weather and the space was set up exactly as we had planned. All of our little touches were taken care of to ensure that our guests were likewise take care of and made to feel comfortable. The his-and-her-drinks that the bartenders did were a hit and so delicious! Everything went as planned and we have Jenelle to thank for that. It was truly a beautiful day that will live forever in our memories and that of our guests. Thank you so much!!! :)

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Katie S

The absolute best! Jenelle and Maddie are the greatest. They were so calm and so patient throughout the wedding planning process. Once I found the venue, I planned my wedding as quickly as I could, so I wouldn't have to worry about things leading up to the day As the day... Read More approached, I pretty much left everything in the hands of Jenelle and let the day play out as it was meant to be. It rained, but we were able to get the family shots outside while it was still lightly raining. The ceremony was held inside, due to the rain, and to be honest, I think it made it all the more special. It was a perfect day!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Lauren S

My husband and I got married at Quonquont Farm on October 14th and it was the perfect day! Not only was the weather amazing but the farm looked breathtaking covered with bright fall foliage. Having our wedding at Quonquont allowed us a lot of flexibility in being able to choose... Read More vendors. We chose most of our vendors from the recommendations that Janelle gave to us and we were very happy with the result. We also had a lot of flexibility in what area of the farm we wanted our ceremony, and were able to decorate the barn exactly how we pictured it. Janelle is wonderful to work with, she is very knowledgeable, and was helpful through every step of the process. Planning my wedding from across the country, as I currently live in Colorado, could have been a very stressful time, but with how organized Janelle is the planning was easy and stress free. Janelle also handled all of the small details and coordination the day of the wedding which made me feel at ease and ensured that we were able to accomplish everything we wanted during the ceremony and reception. Every area of the farm allows for a variety of beautiful backdrops for wedding photos. All of our guests kept commenting on how stunning the venue was and how it was the perfect place to have a wedding. We were so happy with our choice to get married at Quonquont and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a rustic and elegant farm wedding!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Amber C

Quonquont Farm is amazing and beautiful and everything we wanted for our special day. Our guest raved about how perfect everything was and how it all came together. If we could do it all over we would not change the venue. Jenelle and Maddie are absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Tricia T

We got married at Quonquont Farm on July 2, 2016 and it was everything you'd hope it'd be. We fell in love with the venue the first time we saw it, from the barn to the grounds. Jenelle was amazing with everything. She helped with any questions every step of the way! The staff... Read More the day of the wedding were wonderful, and I never felt stressed about anything the day of.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Sarah H

My husband and I got married on July 1st of this year at Quonquont Farm and we honestly could not have picked a better venue. We had an outdoor ceremony on the grounds, which turned out to be absolutely beautiful. To top it all off, Jenelle was phenomenal throughout the entire... Read More process. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a rustic, yet elegant location for a ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Laurenia B

Perfection. Not only is the venue beautiful but the event coordinator, Jenelle, will make sure your whole experience will go smoothly. Planning a wedding can be stressful but every time we talked with Jenelle we ended the conversation feeling calm and confident everything would... Read More work out. We originally planned to have our ceremony outside but when it began to rain as soon as the ceremony started Jenelle stepped in, got our guests under cover and her team had everything ready to go inside minutes later. We continue to get comments from guests about how beautiful they thought the venue was. This place is worth every penny. We highly recommend it to anyone looking to get married in the area.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

Got married at Quonquont on July 30th, and we can't say enough about the experience. From the moment we chose the farm as our venue, right up through the end of the reception, we couldn't have been happier. The setting is beautiful, the barn magnificent (and air conditioned!),... Read More and Jenelle is an all-star. From the early stages of planning, through pinning down details over the past few months, to last-minute questions and adjustments, and finally capped off by putting together a plate of appetizers and grabbing glasses of wine for my wife and I before we were ushered off for post-ceremony pictures, she and her assistant Maddy were simply great. In short, we recommend Quonquont with absolutely no reservations.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Mary S

We had our wedding at Quonquont Farm and it was absolutely stunning! The grounds and patio for cocktail hour are beautiful and well kept. The barn is rustic yet elegant, which is exactly what I was looking for. The barn is air conditioned which I am so thankful for because it... Read More was extremely hot on our wedding day. Despite the heat outside, all of our guests seemed very comfortable. Jenelle, the event coordinator, was amazing! She is very friendly and easy to work with. We were nervous about planning a wedding from so far away, but Jenelle is extremely flexible and made everything very easy for us. Jenelle and I met a few times before our wedding day and it was easy to see that she is very organized, hands on, and thorough. Our wedding reception could not have run more smoothly and I believe a majority of the credit goes to Jenelle. I strongly recommend Quonquont Farm for your wedding! It is a beautiful place for all of your family and friends to come together and celebrate.

Beautiful Venue , Amazing Staff!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Sarah E

I won't sugarcoat it, this venue is pricey. But it is BEAUTIFUL and the staff is simply amazing. Jenelle, the event coordinator at the farm, spent a great deal of time and energy working with us on every detail of our day to make sure it went smoothly. She made this... Read More experience wonderful and stress-free for us. She really thought of everything, and was very approachable and easy to contact. There are two different ceremony sites to fit your needs, we opted for the orchard setting and it was better than I envisioned it. You do need to find your own caterer for a function here, but they do have a kitchen facility for them to use. I wasn't a huge fan of the bar setup cost, but was willing to overlook it because the venue was stunning, and everything else was worth it. If anyone asked, I would absolutely recommend having a wedding or any other private even at Quonquont Farm (if it's in your price range).

Beautiful Barn, Lovely grounds!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Natasha P

My husband and I chose Quonquont Farm for our wedding, with approximately 120 guests, the space was perfect. The ceremony was outdoors, the lawn, orchards and patio were beautiful. Due to some printer troubles, we were running behind on the escort cards and framed menus/table... Read More names; Jenelle and her staff took over and made sure everything came together beautifully. I couldn't have been happier with the the way everything turned out.

Great wedding spot

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Jacqueline M

The perfect most picturesque wedding venue. Jenelle (the wedding coordinator) is amazing and so helpful throughout the entire process! Even when we ran into a hiccup during the wedding with the open bar she quickly fixed the issue and corrected things moving forward to our... Read More original wishes. So great to work with her and her team. I lost my veil at some point during the evening and it didn't get packed up with our stuff at the end of the night. They found it at the barn and held onto it for me until I could get there a week later to pick it up! The venue is just absolutely gorgeous. If you want a New England farm/rustic charm wedding this is 100% your spot! All of our guests raved about the beauty of the location. We are so happy we picked Quonquont Farm to have our September wedding at. It was the perfect setting for our perfect day! Highly highly highly recommend!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Elizabeth S

This venue is absolutely stunning and the event coordinator, Jenelle, is an absolute joy to work with. Our wedding went off without a hitch and much of that was due to Jenelle - helping us with things leading up to the big day as well as her help on the day of. Their policies... Read More are a bit strict, but they make them known before you sign the contract, and none of them are too overbearing. Additionally, the venue allows you a lot of customization as it doesn't have a caterer nor standard decorations. It leads to a bit more work by the couple, but allows for a more customized day, and better prices because you can shop around.

Amazingly beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Justine R

We just had our August wedding at Quonquont Farm and it was perfect! We got married in the apple orchard which was very pretty. We had our reception with 150 people in the barn, which is post and beam. The event coordinator Jenelle is great she made sure everything went off with... Read More out a hitch. The prices are pretty steep for the venue and the bar, but it was such a perfect day and the beauty of the farm in my opinion was worth it!

Exception Massachusetts wedding venue

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Lindsey G

Our reception at Quonquont Farm was absolutely wonderful. I have absolutely no complaints! My fiance and I booked this venue (with the help of my mother) sight unseen, as we live out of state and wanted to get our desired date before it was taken. It was difficult for us to... Read More find something that would accommodate the number of guests we thought we could potentially have, that would still allow us to bring in our own caterer and let us use our own DIY decor. Jenelle, the event coordinator, was so accommodating, and she and my mom toured us around the venue via Skype. The location is gorgeous, with beautiful orchards, magnificent views of the hills and fields--just what we wanted to show our out-of-town guests of New England. The barn that is used for the reception area is definitely appropriate for a wedding. I didn't want a "country" feel to my wedding, and this totally matched my vision for elegance while still staying truly rustic and New England. The wooden beams and wrought iron chandeliers are a wow factor. The flagstone patio where we held cocktail hour is also gorgeous. Jenelle made sure we even had a few extra seats outside for our older guests. I cannot say enough good things about Jenelle. She always made time to meet with me and my fiance whenever we were in the area during our year-long engagement, and was very responsive to my numerous emails asking questions as we planned together. She went above and beyond what I expected from an event coordinator, especially the day of (she even arranged a time outside her normal schedule for us to drop of decorations prior the event). I sent her pictures and drawings of how I wanted all of our DIY set-up at the reception, and she followed them to a T. When I walked into the venue after our ceremony, before the rest of the guests, I almost cried. It looked exactly the way I imagined it. Jenelle made sure everything looked perfect and went smoothly on our wedding day, and we are so thankful. Our guests have gone on and on about how lovely our wedding was, and how much they loved our reception venue. QQ Farm is a perfect place for a classic, elegant New England wedding. It is gorgeous on its own, but it is also very flexible to allow a DIY bride to infuse her own touches into the space. The new bar area they have just created is simply stunning as well. I know QQ is going to keep getting better and better. I HIGHLY recommend! You will not find a better venue with a better event coordinator, as far as we are concerned! :)

Rustic Elegance

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Renee F

From the moment we pulled up we were sold! The grounds were beautiful, the farm house was adorable and made a lovely impression as our guests arrived and the barn the reception was held in was a perfect match for our rustic personalities and our snobby/fancy side! The wedding... Read More coordinator was so accommodating and willing to execute all of our little touches for the big day!

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Rian L

We had our wedding at the Quonquont Farm in October and we couldn't have been happier. Jenelle and her staff went out of their way to accomidate us and give us the perfect day.

Beautiful Farm with Wonderful Wedding Coordinator

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Rachael M

If you are looking for a gorgeous wedding venue in western Massachusetts with a sophisticated rustic charm, then Quonquont Farm & Apple Orchard is the place to chose. The venue offers a charming new england style farm house with rooms available for the bridal party to get ready.... Read More It is decorated tastefully and offers a great backdrop for photographs. The property also offers a gorgeous 19th century restored/updated tobacco barn which is the main site for the reception including an outdoor patio space which is was a hit during our cocktail reception. QQ Farm also includes the grounds including apple orchard for outdoor ceremony options. We chose to have both our ceremony and reception onsite. We had our ceremony outside in the apple orchard and our reception inside the barn and extremely happy with our decision. Jenelle Denehy is the wedding coordinator for Quonquont Farm and does an absolutely amazing job. Quonquont Farm is great in that if you are more of a DIY bride, Jenelle is there to provide assistance the day of and can follow whatever instructions you provide for helping with set-up. The price of the venue includes her services the day of the wedding, helping coordinate timing of events during the ceremony and reception. If you prefer to hire a wedding planner, I have faith that Jenelle would do a fantastic job working with a wedding planner, since she already does a great job coordinating all of the vendors. Jenelle went above and beyond the day of our wedding to make sure everything flowed nicely. All of our guests have been saying that was the "best wedding they had ever been to." Now they could have just been saying that to be nice, but honestly as the bride - I really was never that stressed. Jenelle did a great job communicating through out the night so that nothing really ever felt rushed. Guests have said that the timing of everything seemed effortless and that nothing was drawn out. Timing is key the day of the wedding and I feel that Jenelle played a very integral part in making sure everything went smoothly. The day of our wedding, there was the chance of thunderstorms :(. Jenelle was flexible in that she let us make the call by 10am the morning of. Luckily, the weather cleared up, we chose the outdoor ceremony in the orchard, and everything worked out :)!! Some venues - do not let the bride and groom make the decision the morning of. I appreciate the flexibility that Jenelle and QQ Farm provided. Jenelle responds quickly via email and is also available by phone/text. Jenelle is well connected to vendors in the area and is able to offer recommendations and is also open to making new relationships with vendors. I HIGHLY recommend this venue for anyone looking for a beautiful place with rustic new england charm. I LOVE Quonquont Farm!

Meet The Manager

Jenelle Wilkins

Jenelle Wilkins has been with the farm for 6 years. She found a passion for meeting engaged couples and working with them to piece together and plan for their perfect day at Quonquont Farm. Her meticulous attention to detail ensures that every couple's wedding is uniquely their own. Accepting nothing less than perfect, Jenelle is both thorough and dedicated to executing exactly what her clients are envisioning. Being an avid marathon runner, Jenelle is also quick on her feet! So whether on the go for a wedding or cruising through a marathon, Jenelle is always ready for what's next!