Quonquont Farm Pick-Your-Own Orchard and Events

Quonquont Farm is a 140 acre fruit and flower farm. Our 19th century renovated barn seats 200 guests and makes the perfect setting for a wedding! We are located in Whately, MA and are 15 minutes from downtown Northampton and Amherst. Hosting weddings May through October, we also offer the opportunity to have a ceremony onsite at one of our beautiful outdoor locations. Our renovated farm house provides a great suite for members of the bridal party to gather prior to the ceremony.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

9 North Street, Whately, MA (413) 588-2028
PINTEREST

Rustic Elegance

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Renee F

From the moment we pulled up we were sold! The grounds were beautiful, the farm house was adorable and made a lovely impression as our guests arrived and the barn the reception was held in was a perfect match for our rustic personalities and our snobby/fancy side! The wedding... Read More coordinator was so accommodating and willing to execute all of our little touches for the big day!

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Rian L

We had our wedding at the Quonquont Farm in October and we couldn't have been happier. Jenelle and her staff went out of their way to accomidate us and give us the perfect day.

Beautiful Farm with Wonderful Wedding Coordinator

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Rachael M

If you are looking for a gorgeous wedding venue in western Massachusetts with a sophisticated rustic charm, then Quonquont Farm & Apple Orchard is the place to chose. The venue offers a charming new england style farm house with rooms available for the bridal party to get ready.... Read More It is decorated tastefully and offers a great backdrop for photographs. The property also offers a gorgeous 19th century restored/updated tobacco barn which is the main site for the reception including an outdoor patio space which is was a hit during our cocktail reception. QQ Farm also includes the grounds including apple orchard for outdoor ceremony options. We chose to have both our ceremony and reception onsite. We had our ceremony outside in the apple orchard and our reception inside the barn and extremely happy with our decision. Jenelle Denehy is the wedding coordinator for Quonquont Farm and does an absolutely amazing job. Quonquont Farm is great in that if you are more of a DIY bride, Jenelle is there to provide assistance the day of and can follow whatever instructions you provide for helping with set-up. The price of the venue includes her services the day of the wedding, helping coordinate timing of events during the ceremony and reception. If you prefer to hire a wedding planner, I have faith that Jenelle would do a fantastic job working with a wedding planner, since she already does a great job coordinating all of the vendors. Jenelle went above and beyond the day of our wedding to make sure everything flowed nicely. All of our guests have been saying that was the "best wedding they had ever been to." Now they could have just been saying that to be nice, but honestly as the bride - I really was never that stressed. Jenelle did a great job communicating through out the night so that nothing really ever felt rushed. Guests have said that the timing of everything seemed effortless and that nothing was drawn out. Timing is key the day of the wedding and I feel that Jenelle played a very integral part in making sure everything went smoothly. The day of our wedding, there was the chance of thunderstorms :(. Jenelle was flexible in that she let us make the call by 10am the morning of. Luckily, the weather cleared up, we chose the outdoor ceremony in the orchard, and everything worked out :)!! Some venues - do not let the bride and groom make the decision the morning of. I appreciate the flexibility that Jenelle and QQ Farm provided. Jenelle responds quickly via email and is also available by phone/text. Jenelle is well connected to vendors in the area and is able to offer recommendations and is also open to making new relationships with vendors. I HIGHLY recommend this venue for anyone looking for a beautiful place with rustic new england charm. I LOVE Quonquont Farm!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Lauren S

My husband and I got married at Quonquont Farm on October 14th and it was the perfect day! Not only was the weather amazing but the farm looked breathtaking covered with bright fall foliage. Having our wedding at Quonquont allowed us a lot of flexibility in being able to choose... Read More vendors. We chose most of our vendors from the recommendations that Janelle gave to us and we were very happy with the result. We also had a lot of flexibility in what area of the farm we wanted our ceremony, and were able to decorate the barn exactly how we pictured it. Janelle is wonderful to work with, she is very knowledgeable, and was helpful through every step of the process. Planning my wedding from across the country, as I currently live in Colorado, could have been a very stressful time, but with how organized Janelle is the planning was easy and stress free. Janelle also handled all of the small details and coordination the day of the wedding which made me feel at ease and ensured that we were able to accomplish everything we wanted during the ceremony and reception. Every area of the farm allows for a variety of beautiful backdrops for wedding photos. All of our guests kept commenting on how stunning the venue was and how it was the perfect place to have a wedding. We were so happy with our choice to get married at Quonquont and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a rustic and elegant farm wedding!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Amber C

Quonquont Farm is amazing and beautiful and everything we wanted for our special day. Our guest raved about how perfect everything was and how it all came together. If we could do it all over we would not change the venue. Jenelle and Maddie are absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Tricia T

We got married at Quonquont Farm on July 2, 2016 and it was everything you'd hope it'd be. We fell in love with the venue the first time we saw it, from the barn to the grounds. Jenelle was amazing with everything. She helped with any questions every step of the way! The staff... Read More the day of the wedding were wonderful, and I never felt stressed about anything the day of.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Sarah H

My husband and I got married on July 1st of this year at Quonquont Farm and we honestly could not have picked a better venue. We had an outdoor ceremony on the grounds, which turned out to be absolutely beautiful. To top it all off, Jenelle was phenomenal throughout the entire... Read More process. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a rustic, yet elegant location for a ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Stacy C

We would highly recommend Quonquont Farm for it's beautiful property, barn interior, and event staff! My wife and I loved Quonquont on the very first visit. The outdoor space for our ceremony was just what we wanted, we overlooked the blueberry patch with the hills in the... Read More background. The barn itself is amazing. Our guests kept commenting all night how unique and beautiful both the farm and barn interior were. Despite the mid July, 90 degree heat, the barn air conditioning kept everyone comfortable. For planning and logistics, the event manager Jenelle was extremely helpful, easy to work with and always on top of the details. Her and the staff onsite did a great job in the time leading up too, during, and after our wedding. They were extremely helpful, providing a list of frequently used and preferred vendors for everything you could need from catering, entertainment, flowers, etc. Having vendors with prior experience and contact with the Quonquont staff lead to a smooth and comfortable process. Even if you have your own vendor in mind, as we did for catering and dinnerware, Jenelle was able to work with them and did a great job in planning and coordinating their roles with us. The staff also did a great job setting up all of our decorations exactly as we envisioned them. Having the freedom to create your own decor and layout, but having it executed by their staff was just what we were looking for. It allowed us and our family and friends to just enjoy the day! They were very flexible through it all, even allowing us to use our own arbor for the ceremony along with a couple other outdoor decor items. As a final note, we had Shawn from Viren Entertainment provide acoustic music for our ceremony and DJ during the reception. His previous history with Quonquont and Jenelle made the entire entertainment process flawless. We never encountered any issues with music volume and our rather energetic guests had a fantastic time on the dance floor! If your looking for a rustic barn venue for your ceremony, reception or both, we would highly recommend visiting Quonquont Farm!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Laurenia B

Perfection. Not only is the venue beautiful but the event coordinator, Jenelle, will make sure your whole experience will go smoothly. Planning a wedding can be stressful but every time we talked with Jenelle we ended the conversation feeling calm and confident everything would... Read More work out. We originally planned to have our ceremony outside but when it began to rain as soon as the ceremony started Jenelle stepped in, got our guests under cover and her team had everything ready to go inside minutes later. We continue to get comments from guests about how beautiful they thought the venue was. This place is worth every penny. We highly recommend it to anyone looking to get married in the area.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

Got married at Quonquont on July 30th, and we can't say enough about the experience. From the moment we chose the farm as our venue, right up through the end of the reception, we couldn't have been happier. The setting is beautiful, the barn magnificent (and air conditioned!),... Read More and Jenelle is an all-star. From the early stages of planning, through pinning down details over the past few months, to last-minute questions and adjustments, and finally capped off by putting together a plate of appetizers and grabbing glasses of wine for my wife and I before we were ushered off for post-ceremony pictures, she and her assistant Maddy were simply great. In short, we recommend Quonquont with absolutely no reservations.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Mary S

We had our wedding at Quonquont Farm and it was absolutely stunning! The grounds and patio for cocktail hour are beautiful and well kept. The barn is rustic yet elegant, which is exactly what I was looking for. The barn is air conditioned which I am so thankful for because it... Read More was extremely hot on our wedding day. Despite the heat outside, all of our guests seemed very comfortable. Jenelle, the event coordinator, was amazing! She is very friendly and easy to work with. We were nervous about planning a wedding from so far away, but Jenelle is extremely flexible and made everything very easy for us. Jenelle and I met a few times before our wedding day and it was easy to see that she is very organized, hands on, and thorough. Our wedding reception could not have run more smoothly and I believe a majority of the credit goes to Jenelle. I strongly recommend Quonquont Farm for your wedding! It is a beautiful place for all of your family and friends to come together and celebrate.

Beautiful Venue , Amazing Staff!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Sarah E

I won't sugarcoat it, this venue is pricey. But it is BEAUTIFUL and the staff is simply amazing. Jenelle, the event coordinator at the farm, spent a great deal of time and energy working with us on every detail of our day to make sure it went smoothly. She made this... Read More experience wonderful and stress-free for us. She really thought of everything, and was very approachable and easy to contact. There are two different ceremony sites to fit your needs, we opted for the orchard setting and it was better than I envisioned it. You do need to find your own caterer for a function here, but they do have a kitchen facility for them to use. I wasn't a huge fan of the bar setup cost, but was willing to overlook it because the venue was stunning, and everything else was worth it. If anyone asked, I would absolutely recommend having a wedding or any other private even at Quonquont Farm (if it's in your price range).

Beautiful Barn, Lovely grounds!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Natasha P

My husband and I chose Quonquont Farm for our wedding, with approximately 120 guests, the space was perfect. The ceremony was outdoors, the lawn, orchards and patio were beautiful. Due to some printer troubles, we were running behind on the escort cards and framed menus/table... Read More names; Jenelle and her staff took over and made sure everything came together beautifully. I couldn't have been happier with the the way everything turned out.

Great wedding spot

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Jacqueline M

The perfect most picturesque wedding venue. Jenelle (the wedding coordinator) is amazing and so helpful throughout the entire process! Even when we ran into a hiccup during the wedding with the open bar she quickly fixed the issue and corrected things moving forward to our... Read More original wishes. So great to work with her and her team. I lost my veil at some point during the evening and it didn't get packed up with our stuff at the end of the night. They found it at the barn and held onto it for me until I could get there a week later to pick it up! The venue is just absolutely gorgeous. If you want a New England farm/rustic charm wedding this is 100% your spot! All of our guests raved about the beauty of the location. We are so happy we picked Quonquont Farm to have our September wedding at. It was the perfect setting for our perfect day! Highly highly highly recommend!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Elizabeth S

This venue is absolutely stunning and the event coordinator, Jenelle, is an absolute joy to work with. Our wedding went off without a hitch and much of that was due to Jenelle - helping us with things leading up to the big day as well as her help on the day of. Their policies... Read More are a bit strict, but they make them known before you sign the contract, and none of them are too overbearing. Additionally, the venue allows you a lot of customization as it doesn't have a caterer nor standard decorations. It leads to a bit more work by the couple, but allows for a more customized day, and better prices because you can shop around.

Amazingly beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Justine R

We just had our August wedding at Quonquont Farm and it was perfect! We got married in the apple orchard which was very pretty. We had our reception with 150 people in the barn, which is post and beam. The event coordinator Jenelle is great she made sure everything went off with... Read More out a hitch. The prices are pretty steep for the venue and the bar, but it was such a perfect day and the beauty of the farm in my opinion was worth it!

Exception Massachusetts wedding venue

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Lindsey G

Our reception at Quonquont Farm was absolutely wonderful. I have absolutely no complaints! My fiance and I booked this venue (with the help of my mother) sight unseen, as we live out of state and wanted to get our desired date before it was taken. It was difficult for us to... Read More find something that would accommodate the number of guests we thought we could potentially have, that would still allow us to bring in our own caterer and let us use our own DIY decor. Jenelle, the event coordinator, was so accommodating, and she and my mom toured us around the venue via Skype. The location is gorgeous, with beautiful orchards, magnificent views of the hills and fields--just what we wanted to show our out-of-town guests of New England. The barn that is used for the reception area is definitely appropriate for a wedding. I didn't want a "country" feel to my wedding, and this totally matched my vision for elegance while still staying truly rustic and New England. The wooden beams and wrought iron chandeliers are a wow factor. The flagstone patio where we held cocktail hour is also gorgeous. Jenelle made sure we even had a few extra seats outside for our older guests. I cannot say enough good things about Jenelle. She always made time to meet with me and my fiance whenever we were in the area during our year-long engagement, and was very responsive to my numerous emails asking questions as we planned together. She went above and beyond what I expected from an event coordinator, especially the day of (she even arranged a time outside her normal schedule for us to drop of decorations prior the event). I sent her pictures and drawings of how I wanted all of our DIY set-up at the reception, and she followed them to a T. When I walked into the venue after our ceremony, before the rest of the guests, I almost cried. It looked exactly the way I imagined it. Jenelle made sure everything looked perfect and went smoothly on our wedding day, and we are so thankful. Our guests have gone on and on about how lovely our wedding was, and how much they loved our reception venue. QQ Farm is a perfect place for a classic, elegant New England wedding. It is gorgeous on its own, but it is also very flexible to allow a DIY bride to infuse her own touches into the space. The new bar area they have just created is simply stunning as well. I know QQ is going to keep getting better and better. I HIGHLY recommend! You will not find a better venue with a better event coordinator, as far as we are concerned! :)

Perfection

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Nicole M

Picking a venue was very hard for us, we knew we wanted something different but just could not find it. That is until I stumbled across Quonquont Farm! This venue was amazing... It is unique in so many ways. It is rustic elegance :) Jenelle is a life saver! She was always... Read More there to help me and give advice! If you choose this venue, you will never regret it!

Great Location and Great Staff

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Devon M

I got married August 10, 2013 at Quonquont Farm. My husband and I were looking for an outdoor reception and a barn for a ceremony. Quonquont was exactly what we were looking for. We fell in love with it immediately. We had the ceremony in the apple orchard on the grounds and the... Read More guests loved the atmosphere that it gave. The reception was in the barn on the grounds which has all of the modern updates people look for. The decor is simple but beautiful so I did not have to do much decorating to make it special. Janelle is the event Manager and she is great to work with! I had looked at other places similar to this and the prices were not even close to the quality and attention that Quonquont and the staff gives you. There is a house on the property to get ready in and it is absolutely gorgoues, so photos when getting ready are fantastic. I highly recommend this place to any couple who is looking for a beautiful barn reception!

Perfect Venue for Intimate Wedding

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Kathleen G

For those couples looking for a beautiful and natural environment in which to marry, this is the place. The grounds are beautiful, and the restored barn is absolutely gorgeous - all wood, amazing lighting/chandeliers - and extremely versatile. I had roughly 80 people (ten... Read More tables) at my wedding, and the venue didn't appear empty at all. Janelle, the event manager, did a great job of coordinating with us, especially considering we were out-of-state and planned most of the wedding from 1200 miles away. We were a DIY couple (with lots of help from family) and this was a great venue because we were really able to decorate the way we wanted (i.e. ok with candles/flame, push pins to hang things, etc.) The tables and chairs that come with the venue as well as the outside chairs (if you choose to get married on the property) are really pretty. You also get use of a farm house for the two hours prior to your wedding. My guests (many who live in the Western Mass area) loved the venue and how different it is from the traditional wedding hall, banquet room, etc. I should also mentioned that I got married on a Friday. I wasn't originally looking for a Friday date, but when we went to look at the property that was all that was left. I am so glad I chose a Friday. We were able to access the venue on Thursday for our rehearsal as well as to decorate which took so much pressure off of us and allowed us to just enjoy the wedding day. Overall, the venue fit perfectly with the feeling we wanted to create for the start of our marriage. Highly recommend!

Generally good experience but owner unfriendly

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Leyla M

Quonquont farm is breathtakingly beautiful. Since it allowed us to bring in our own caterer and beverage service, it was just what my husband and I were looking for for our wedding. The on-site wedding coordinator was absolutely wonderful. She was very friendly, professional,... Read More and answered all our questions, most before we even asked; we felt our wedding was in very good hands with her. There are some strict rules about noise, but these are set by the town and they were made very clear to us before we signed the contract. The owner was not very friendly or warm, but this didn't bother us until the wedding day itself. We didn't have as much trouble with our band as other reviews I've read elsewhere, but some of our guests reported that she was wandering around with a decibel meter and shouting at children playing. She was also rude to some of my wedding party when they tried to join me in the farmhouse where I was getting ready. I felt that it was a bit inappropriate that she should hover around our celebration. I do understand that their license depends on following rules, but she could have asked the coordinator to quietly mention it to someone, rather than police the party in such a visible way. Overall, however, we had a very good experience. (One suggestion would be for the site to provide patio umbrellas-- we found these difficult to rent, and our outdoor drinks hour quickly became indoor, since there is no shade on the patio.)

Meet The Manager

Jenelle Wilkins

Jenelle Wilkins has been with the farm for 6 years. She found a passion for meeting engaged couples and working with them to piece together and plan for their perfect day at Quonquont Farm. Her meticulous attention to detail ensures that every couple's wedding is uniquely their own. Accepting nothing less than perfect, Jenelle is both thorough and dedicated to executing exactly what her clients are envisioning. Being an avid marathon runner, Jenelle is also quick on her feet! So whether on the go for a wedding or cruising through a marathon, Jenelle is always ready for what's next!