Quonquont Farm Pick-Your-Own Orchard and Events

Quonquont Farm is a 140 acre fruit and flower farm. Our 19th century renovated barn seats 200 guests and makes the perfect setting for a wedding! We are located in Whately, MA and are 15 minutes from downtown Northampton and Amherst. Hosting weddings May through October, we also offer the opportunity to have a ceremony onsite at one of our beautiful outdoor locations. Our renovated farm house provides a great suite for members of the bridal party to gather prior to the ceremony.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

9 North Street, Whately, MA (413) 588-2028
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Sarah T

I can't say enough good things about Quonquont and the incredible ladies behind everything: Jenelle and Maddy. My husband and I got married there in July 2017. We booked a little over one year in advance and were communicating with Jenelle throughout that year. The venue itself... Read More is stunning; it really requires little to no additional decorations. It was exactly what we wanted: rustic, yet polished and simple, but stunning. Between the outdoor scenery and the beautiful barn, it's hard to not love this place. Our guests gave us many compliments on the location. In addition to the visual aspects, Jenelle and Maddy are truly phenomenal at what they do. They were responsive, flexible, reliable, helpful, and supportive throughout the entire process, no matter how silly or random our questions were. They are very organized and keep a file on each couple they work with. My biggest fear as a bride was that I would be running around the day of my wedding making sure everything was happening as it was supposed to instead of enjoying myself and my day, and Jenelle and Maddy made it so there was no chance of that happening. We told them every detail we wanted and they carried it out. They set up all of our tables and decorations and took it all down. They took care of every detail the day of and did not miss a beat. They were very helpful with recommendations but never pushed vendors or extras on us. You really get what you pay for with this place. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Heather N

My wife and I got married at Quonquont in July and had an absolutely incredible experience. Jenelle and Maddy were supremely helpful from the first visit without ever becoming overbearing. They checked in regularly, accommodated all our requests, and gave us fantastic... Read More recommendations on everything from vendors to work with to specialty cocktails. We had our wedding ceremony outside in the field behind the barn, our cocktail hour on the stone patio and lawn, and our reception in the barn. In addition to the venue, they also did all the bar/drinks and our table settings. Every aspect of this venue is beautiful and they took care of lots of little details that made every step of the process run smoothly, from providing bathroom baskets to setting up all our day-of decorations. They were endlessly professional, always remembered where we were in the planning process and what we had discussed last meeting, and helped us to stay calm and excited throughout. We would highly recommend Quonquont!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Stacy C

We would highly recommend Quonquont Farm for it's beautiful property, barn interior, and event staff! My wife and I loved Quonquont on the very first visit. The outdoor space for our ceremony was just what we wanted, we overlooked the blueberry patch with the hills in the... Read More background. The barn itself is amazing. Our guests kept commenting all night how unique and beautiful both the farm and barn interior were. Despite the mid July, 90 degree heat, the barn air conditioning kept everyone comfortable. For planning and logistics, the event manager Jenelle was extremely helpful, easy to work with and always on top of the details. Her and the staff onsite did a great job in the time leading up too, during, and after our wedding. They were extremely helpful, providing a list of frequently used and preferred vendors for everything you could need from catering, entertainment, flowers, etc. Having vendors with prior experience and contact with the Quonquont staff lead to a smooth and comfortable process. Even if you have your own vendor in mind, as we did for catering and dinnerware, Jenelle was able to work with them and did a great job in planning and coordinating their roles with us. The staff also did a great job setting up all of our decorations exactly as we envisioned them. Having the freedom to create your own decor and layout, but having it executed by their staff was just what we were looking for. It allowed us and our family and friends to just enjoy the day! They were very flexible through it all, even allowing us to use our own arbor for the ceremony along with a couple other outdoor decor items. As a final note, we had Shawn from Viren Entertainment provide acoustic music for our ceremony and DJ during the reception. His previous history with Quonquont and Jenelle made the entire entertainment process flawless. We never encountered any issues with music volume and our rather energetic guests had a fantastic time on the dance floor! If your looking for a rustic barn venue for your ceremony, reception or both, we would highly recommend visiting Quonquont Farm!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Jen M

My husband and I could never thank Jenelle, Maddy, and all of the other members of Quonquont Farm enough for truly turning our wedding dreams into a reality! Everything turned out exactly the way we wanted it to and it was honestly the best day of our lives! The venue itself is... Read More absolutely stunning. There are so many different backdrops to get married at, places to take pictures, and the barn is simply breathtaking. Jenelle and Maddy were SO easy to work with, so supportive through all of those tough decisions, and really took the time to try and make our day as perfect as possible! I could not recommended Quonquont Farm enough!!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Ashley M

Quonquont is the most perfect venue! We had a cold and drizzly day and even still, it was absolutely beautiful. So many guests told me that of all the weddings they have been to, this was the prettiest venue they have ever seen! Jenelle and Maddy were so wonderful to work with.... Read More They are so easy going and quick to respond to all of our questions throughout the year prior to our wedding. They are incredibly professional and made sure our day was perfect. They love what they do and it shows!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Sara M

Absolutely amazing! I couldn’t have imaged my day going for perfectly. We did our ceremony in a church and the reception at Quonquont. As for planning it, Jenelle and her staff were very organized and so easy to work with. As for the day of, she made sure everything went... Read More perfectly. Jenelle always asked if there was anything I needed. The bar staff knew me by name and had my drink ready for me every time I went up. The whole farm is absolutely breathtaking with photos in the apple orchard, in front of their garden and even with the trees as backdrop. The facilities themselves were up to date and clean. If you’re looking for a classy rustic barn that doesn’t need a large DIY project this is your place. Cocktail hour is on the patio which was beautiful. I had two guests in wheelchairs and it was so easy to maneuver around. Also, Inside has AC and heat so you don’t have to worry about the weather outside. I would recommend this location to anyone interested in a wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brooke B

There aren’t enough positive things to say about Quonquont & their staff! Every inch of the grounds is stunningly beautiful. I couldn’t believe we found a place so perfect that was within our budget, it was a dream come true. The barn is beautifully renovated, it’s spacious... Read More enough to host a large wedding, AC/heat, a gorgeous patio for cocktail hour and of course....the apple orchard....I’m still swooning over our ceremony in that dreamy setting amongst the apple trees. The staff were also amazing, Jenelle acted as a personal wedding planner....I don’t know what I would have done without her! She made the planning process so much easier, she was always friendly and responsive to my emails and there were ALOT of emails, haha. She was also super helpful with referring outside vendors. On rehearsal night and the wedding day Jenelle and her assistant Maddy were great! They made everything go off without a hitch and for that, we are forever grateful! They were so thoughtful all the way through....they made sure our elderly guests had rides to and from the orchard, they brought my husband & I snacks while we were taking photos, they ensured the bridal parties personal items were safe, they made sure they were fully stocked with the groomsmens choice of beer while they got ready. As I said, there aren’t enough positive things to say, if you are looking for a beautiful barn/orchard wedding I HIGHLY recommend this facility, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Julianne T

I cannot say enough good things about what it was like have our wedding ceremony at Quonquont Farm. Jenelle was beyond amazing to work with, as she patiently and promptly answered all of my questions (we had an email chain with 60+ messages when all was said and done) and helped... Read More us make sure we felt comfortable and had all of our bases covered. She acted as a coordinator on the day of the wedding, and she and her co-worker Maddy even helped my mother get into her dress when no one else was around who could. The ceremony space in the orchard is GORGEOUS and required no decorations at all. We were originally going to have our ceremony at the same venue as the reception, but that plan fell through, and we are so very happy that it did.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Erin W

I don't think 3,500 characters is enough to express all the positives. It's quite easy to fall in love with Quonquont based on location and atmosphere, alone - but wait until you meet Jenelle and Maddy. The patience, care, and expert knowledge we encountered while planning our... Read More wedding was unreal. The barn is rustic and elegant, and the work that J, M, and team do to make the barn yours for the wedding is astounding. They are extremely professional, responsive, genuine, honest, and simply want you to have the most unforgettable day. The pride they take in the place and in their work is inspirational. Four weeks before our wedding we had some pretty significant decisions that were outstanding, and the QQ team were calm and confident that we'd figure it all out. They helped guide us and asked questions we didn't even know we had to consider - they assured us it would all come together, and it surpassed our expectations. The day was literally perfect and me, my husband, family, and friends walked away not being aware of one issue that arose, because if it did the team was all over it. Jenelle made sure Pat and I followed the timeline we set, made sure we ate and drank, coordinated with our vendors, and had everything organized and ready to pack up the next day. Do not hesitate to book QQ; in fact, book now so you don't miss out! We are so grateful and we'll never forget how smooth and fun the process was. Thank you, Quonquont!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Sarah S

My husband and I had a simply wonderful experience working with Quonquont Farm for our September wedding. We instantly fell in love with Quonquont when we visited 2 years prior for a tour. From the moment we booked them; we knew we had made the right choice. Maddy and Jenelle... Read More are warm, helpful, and very easy to communicate with. Quonquont has a wonderful preferred vendors list, their recommendations were instrumental in helping us select our photographers, DJ, caterer, and baker. In the months leading up to the wedding I was in weekly communication with Maddy. I cannot say enough positive things about her! She is extremely detail orientated and was able to address any concerns we had as well as accommodate all of our requests. Quonquont had a wedding the day before and the day after ours however we felt as if we were the only event that weekend! On the day of our wedding Maddy and the Quonquont team was truly amazing, they work together seamlessly. My bridal party really enjoyed getting ready in the beautiful farmhouse (we could have spent all day there). The grounds were immaculate, and the smell of apples permeated through the air. Since the wedding we received so many compliments on the atmosphere of the ceremony and reception from our guests. Quonquont also makes wonderful signature drinks, they created an apple cider old fashioned that was a huge hit with our guests. My husband and I highly recommend having your wedding at Quonquont Farm; if we could go back and do it all again we would absolutely choose Quonquont again!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Haley B

We got got married in Oct of 2017 and the ladies were more than accommodating and very professional. They did a fabulous job, were very attentive and really put my husband and I at ease!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Alexis C

My husband & I got married at Quonquont in September, and everything went flawlessly, from the beginning of the entire process to the day of! Jenelle was a pleasure to work with and there to answer any and all questions that we had! Thank you again Jenelle, Maddie and the entire... Read More crew at Quonquont for making our day so wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Erika R

My husband and I cannot stop talking about how amazing our wedding day was. We booked about a year in advance, after changing wedding plans several times I reached out and they only had two dates available for 2017...so I knew we had to go there ASAP, as soon as we stepped into... Read More the barn venue we felt instant relief and we knew that we had to have our wedding here. The Quonquont Farm was everything we envisioned for our big day and more. Jenelle and Maddy are absolutely amazing at what they do, they are so inviting and friendly, they made wedding planning a breeze. They were so quick to any emails I sent, and answered any questions I had.The day of our wedding we literally worried about nothing. They handled everything wonderfully, I didn't have to worry once if everything was going well. They would check in and see how everything was going, if we needed anything and would give us a little heads up on what was next. Our wedding day was beautiful, and I am so happy we made the decision to get married at the Quonquont Farm!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Nicole D

The Quonquont Farm team was simply fabulous! They made the entire process smooth, answered emails promptly and made sure to make my husband and I feel special the day of. I cannot thank them enough for their amazing work and would recommend anyone to get married there!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Chantel Z

We couldn't have picked a more stunning venue for our wedding than Quouquont Farm. We had looked at a lot of barns in the New England area and there is a sophistication to this space that is unparallelled. And it has beautiful details in its structure, lovely restrooms, and a... Read More great air conditioner (which were amenities that were lacking in other venues). Jenelle and her team are amazing and highly knowledgeable. From day one, she was always responsive and helped out greatly with our rentals and the venue decor. She is super pleasant to work with and gives great advice and recommendations given her knowledge of the space, the season we were getting married, and of weddings in general. On the day of the wedding we had the most beautiful weather and the space was set up exactly as we had planned. All of our little touches were taken care of to ensure that our guests were likewise take care of and made to feel comfortable. The his-and-her-drinks that the bartenders did were a hit and so delicious! Everything went as planned and we have Jenelle to thank for that. It was truly a beautiful day that will live forever in our memories and that of our guests. Thank you so much!!! :)

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Katie S

The absolute best! Jenelle and Maddie are the greatest. They were so calm and so patient throughout the wedding planning process. Once I found the venue, I planned my wedding as quickly as I could, so I wouldn't have to worry about things leading up to the day As the day... Read More approached, I pretty much left everything in the hands of Jenelle and let the day play out as it was meant to be. It rained, but we were able to get the family shots outside while it was still lightly raining. The ceremony was held inside, due to the rain, and to be honest, I think it made it all the more special. It was a perfect day!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Lauren S

My husband and I got married at Quonquont Farm on October 14th and it was the perfect day! Not only was the weather amazing but the farm looked breathtaking covered with bright fall foliage. Having our wedding at Quonquont allowed us a lot of flexibility in being able to choose... Read More vendors. We chose most of our vendors from the recommendations that Janelle gave to us and we were very happy with the result. We also had a lot of flexibility in what area of the farm we wanted our ceremony, and were able to decorate the barn exactly how we pictured it. Janelle is wonderful to work with, she is very knowledgeable, and was helpful through every step of the process. Planning my wedding from across the country, as I currently live in Colorado, could have been a very stressful time, but with how organized Janelle is the planning was easy and stress free. Janelle also handled all of the small details and coordination the day of the wedding which made me feel at ease and ensured that we were able to accomplish everything we wanted during the ceremony and reception. Every area of the farm allows for a variety of beautiful backdrops for wedding photos. All of our guests kept commenting on how stunning the venue was and how it was the perfect place to have a wedding. We were so happy with our choice to get married at Quonquont and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a rustic and elegant farm wedding!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Amber C

Quonquont Farm is amazing and beautiful and everything we wanted for our special day. Our guest raved about how perfect everything was and how it all came together. If we could do it all over we would not change the venue. Jenelle and Maddie are absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Tricia T

We got married at Quonquont Farm on July 2, 2016 and it was everything you'd hope it'd be. We fell in love with the venue the first time we saw it, from the barn to the grounds. Jenelle was amazing with everything. She helped with any questions every step of the way! The staff... Read More the day of the wedding were wonderful, and I never felt stressed about anything the day of.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Sarah H

My husband and I got married on July 1st of this year at Quonquont Farm and we honestly could not have picked a better venue. We had an outdoor ceremony on the grounds, which turned out to be absolutely beautiful. To top it all off, Jenelle was phenomenal throughout the entire... Read More process. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a rustic, yet elegant location for a ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Laurenia B

Perfection. Not only is the venue beautiful but the event coordinator, Jenelle, will make sure your whole experience will go smoothly. Planning a wedding can be stressful but every time we talked with Jenelle we ended the conversation feeling calm and confident everything would... Read More work out. We originally planned to have our ceremony outside but when it began to rain as soon as the ceremony started Jenelle stepped in, got our guests under cover and her team had everything ready to go inside minutes later. We continue to get comments from guests about how beautiful they thought the venue was. This place is worth every penny. We highly recommend it to anyone looking to get married in the area.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

Got married at Quonquont on July 30th, and we can't say enough about the experience. From the moment we chose the farm as our venue, right up through the end of the reception, we couldn't have been happier. The setting is beautiful, the barn magnificent (and air conditioned!),... Read More and Jenelle is an all-star. From the early stages of planning, through pinning down details over the past few months, to last-minute questions and adjustments, and finally capped off by putting together a plate of appetizers and grabbing glasses of wine for my wife and I before we were ushered off for post-ceremony pictures, she and her assistant Maddy were simply great. In short, we recommend Quonquont with absolutely no reservations.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Mary S

We had our wedding at Quonquont Farm and it was absolutely stunning! The grounds and patio for cocktail hour are beautiful and well kept. The barn is rustic yet elegant, which is exactly what I was looking for. The barn is air conditioned which I am so thankful for because it... Read More was extremely hot on our wedding day. Despite the heat outside, all of our guests seemed very comfortable. Jenelle, the event coordinator, was amazing! She is very friendly and easy to work with. We were nervous about planning a wedding from so far away, but Jenelle is extremely flexible and made everything very easy for us. Jenelle and I met a few times before our wedding day and it was easy to see that she is very organized, hands on, and thorough. Our wedding reception could not have run more smoothly and I believe a majority of the credit goes to Jenelle. I strongly recommend Quonquont Farm for your wedding! It is a beautiful place for all of your family and friends to come together and celebrate.

Meet The Manager

Jenelle Wilkins

Jenelle Wilkins has been with the farm for 6 years. She found a passion for meeting engaged couples and working with them to piece together and plan for their perfect day at Quonquont Farm. Her meticulous attention to detail ensures that every couple's wedding is uniquely their own. Accepting nothing less than perfect, Jenelle is both thorough and dedicated to executing exactly what her clients are envisioning. Being an avid marathon runner, Jenelle is also quick on her feet! So whether on the go for a wedding or cruising through a marathon, Jenelle is always ready for what's next!