Rachael Schirano Photography

Bloomington, Peoria, Champaign, Springfield + Chicago

Your chance to fall in love over and over again.

As I’ve always said: The true beauty of a photograph isn’t found in its picture-perfect composition, a breathtaking backdrop or an artful angle. It’s about the people who are in them. Your endearing quirks, silly streaks, and untamed affections. The bold and unbreakable bond that brought you this far, and will glue you together beyond this moment. Even if you think you’re “unphotogenic” or look awkward in photos, I’ll find ways to ease you into silliness, snuggling, starry-eyed stares and smiles galore. I’ll capture the moments you didn’t even know happened...because I want you to be able to step back into the day’s beauty like it’s the first time, whenever you want to be reminded of how special your day was.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary

Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

Serving all of Illinois + Available Worldwide, Bloomington, IL Bloomington, Peoria, Champaign, Springfield + Chicago (309) 531-8706
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Alisha B

I feel truly blessed to have had Rachael as our wedding photographer. She was with me from the very beginning. I called her my wedding godmother because I could not only trust her awesome photography skills but also her knowledge of the industry and her eye for beautiful things.... Read More She did an outstanding job at photographing our engagement shoot and our wedding day. She captured beautiful moments that I will always cherish. I can't say it enough - I would recommend her time and time again! She is incredibly easy to work with, she knows how to capture the love and magic of a moment, and she's very efficient with your time. I also have to mention that she has great recommendations for other vendors in the industry. All around, she's just great! Last, I searched for hours upon hours to find the right fit for our wedding photographer, and I found Rachael. So trust me when I say, she's one of the very best :)

2017-12-14T13:50:53 Response from the vendor

From start to finish - you were both amazing to work with. I loved being there to grab hold of all of the moments that made up the fabric of your day! xo

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Jenny D

My fiancé and I had the amazing experience of taking our engagement photos with Rachael. We could not be more thrilled with the experience and result. Our photos are incredible and it was truly an experience. In all honesty, we were a bit nervous with the unknowns going into the... Read More session (my fiancé loves taking pictures :) ), however Rachael made us both feel so comfortable and displayed her expertise as she walked us through the afternoon. We strongly recommend Rachael and look forward to working with her again!

2017-12-14T08:26:39 Response from the vendor

You two are the sweetest - working with you was absolutely wonderful and your love just shined through in each and every frame!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Dana H

My husband and I have worked with Rachael on several occasions, including engagement, wedding, and anniversary photos. And I have nothing but positive things to say. Having Rachael Schirano as your wedding photographer, is like hiring your best friend. Rachael is not only kind... Read More and laid back on your special day, but she will also make you and your loved ones look like a million bucks. Rachael's use of color in her photography is breathtaking. Photographs are an important way to cherish memories, and Rachael Schirano Photography is well worth the investment. I highly recommend hiring Rachael for your wedding and beyond.

2017-12-14T08:24:59 Response from the vendor

I've adored photographing your love as its grown and changed over the years - it's been so much fun!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Paul B

Wow. That's really all that I can say about Rachael at this point. When we first met Rachael for a consultation, we immediately knew that she was the one we wanted to capture our wedding day. Her personality, welcoming demeanor, and energy was evident without seeing any of... Read More her work. Then we talked with her and saw the work and realized that these are the type of photographs that we wanted for our special day. Rachael was great to work with in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding, gave us insight into timing, what photos would work best and where to take them. On our wedding day, she brought her energy and helped us ensure that we took photos with all of our family and friends (it's hard to keep track of this yourself and keep yourself on a schedule!). She kept our wedding party organized, helped us find the best photo spots and did it all with a smile. A few weeks later, we received our entire wedding album and we could not be happier with our photos. Rachael has a real knack in taking photos with natural light coming from various directions and making the photos looks different and special. We are so happy that we were able to work with Rachael and would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking to have great wedding photos!

2017-12-14T08:24:13 Response from the vendor

I love that my job enables me to document love stories on such an incredibly special day in the lives of my couples - and it was so wonderful to be there on yours. Thank you, so much!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Becky T

Rachael is, simply put, an artist. From our engagement shoot to our wedding day she captured the most amazing, intimate and sweet moments between myself and my husband. Every photo is a glimpse into the magic of the special moments; and Rachael caught them all. I am not a... Read More comfortable person in front of a camera but she made me feel completely at ease and it shows in her work. I would absolutely book her again. In a heartbeat. I promise you, you will not regret having her as a part of your wedding day. She is the best of the best.

2017-12-14T08:21:39 Response from the vendor

It's such a joy to be a part of a couple's wedding day in such a big way - I feel so honored to have had the chance to work with the two of you!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Libby G

Rachael played a big part in making my wedding day run smoothly and turn out flawless! Prior to the wedding, each time I met with her, she has this wonderful ability to calm your nerves. Of course she has the knowledge and experience to help you determine your timeline and what... Read More you need to get the pictures you want, but she also is fun, playful, and relaxed. Even though she helped me make a very detailed timeline for photos on the wedding day, I never felt like I was stuck to the timeline or that we were rushed. She builds in time for you and your husband to take some moments alone to really let the day sink in. These moments will be some of our best memories from the day! So far we have just received a sneak peak slideshow of our photos but they are so good!! She captured so many little details and special moments that I didn't even know she was photographing. I can't say enough good things about Rachael and would highly recommend her!

2017-11-16T09:05:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. It means the world to know that the moments we carved out for you two to soak in the beautiful day are ones you will cherish. I absolutely loved every moment of working with you guys!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Cara M

Rachael is not only an AMAZING photographer, but also just a genuinely kind person who truly cares about getting the best photographs of your day. From start to finish, she was SO helpful, so knowledgable and so talented. She helped make our experience so fun & pleasant every... Read More step of the way. We would recommend her 10,000 times to anyone looking for a talented wedding photographer in the area.

2017-10-31T10:18:17 Response from the vendor

Oh gosh, Cara - you are just the sweetest. Thank you so much! It was delightful working with you and Ryan - and your wedding day was just stunning!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Renee Z

Chris and I were so blessed to have Rachael as our photographer. Her work is incredible, and her style was exactly what we were looking for in our photos. Rachael captured such special moments from our wedding day, and they are photos that we will cherish forever. Rachael was so... Read More accommodating and wonderful to work with. We had an instant connection with her and we both felt so comfortable with her on our wedding day. I would recommend (and already have) to anyone who asks me wedding advice. To me, it's a no brainer to choose someone who is so personable, and talented.

2017-10-18T12:44:33 Response from the vendor

It was such a joy to work with you and Chris on your wedding day + see so many familiar faces from past weddings! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Molly R

I think we are so blessed to be able to have Rachael as our photographer. I have never seen pictures so beautiful. We had two ceremonies for her to photograph. We had an Indian ceremony and a Christian ceremony and we absolutely cannot wait to see what the photos will look like... Read More when they are ready. Rachael is excellent at keeping things on time during the day and even better at keeping the bride calm! There were many times I would start panicking about time and she always stepped in to calm me down and reassure we were good. She was so much fun and it felt natural with her. Things didn't feel forced for pictures. I highly recommend Rachael. She is very flexible and open with ideas!

2017-10-18T12:43:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for writing such a sweet note! Your wedding celebrations were absolutely beautiful and being there to document your moments was just amazing! xo

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Lauren S

Rachael is an amazing photographer!! She was very helpful and responsive to emails. On the wedding day, she captured all the details perfectly, and sometimes I didn't even know she was around and all of the little moments were captured (which was perfect). I LOVED our... Read More engagement and wedding photos. Everything was organized and on-time, and she is so kind and thoughtful. We received multiple compliments from family and friends about how great she was and how much they loved the photos. So thankful and happy with everything!!

2017-10-13T07:26:57 Response from the vendor

So thankful to have worked with you guys - your day was an incredible celebration and it was a honor to be a part of it all! xo

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Sara G

Rachael was the most wonderful photographer and captured all of the beautiful moments from both our wedding day and engagement shoot. Rachael was our very first hire for wedding vendors and in fact, was hired before we had even secured our official date. I fell in love with her... Read More work following a friend's ceremony she did. Not only were her pictures gorgeous, but my sister, who had been a bridesmaid, said rachael was to best to work with. Rachael had a way of making the engagement shoot feel effortless and natural. For the wedding, she caught so many beautiful moments throughout the day that I am eternally grateful. I would recommend Rachael 1000% and would also say to hire her for not only your engagement but your wedding too. She is so committed to her clients, understanding their style, supporting them Above and beyond the normal photographer duties. We were so sad after our wedding that we wouldn't be able to work with Rachael that my husband and I joked about having her shoot milestone anniversaries. I am in fact pretty serious about it!! She is the best and I would hire her!

2017-10-12T13:50:57 Response from the vendor

Aww! Thank you so much - working with you two was just an absolute joy. I loved every moment of it! xo

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Jackie B

It can be very overwhelming while looking for all the vendors for your wedding but when you are looking for a photographer look no further! The moment I had my first meeting with Rachael I knew she would be perfect to photograph my husband and my engagement, and wedding photos!... Read More Not only do I love her style, but her personality is the best! Her and her daughter snapped pictures the day of the wedding and were both so much fun to work with! They kept everything running smoothly and remembered the little details that I could have forgotten being in my own little wedding brain zone. Rachael also sends you sweet little gifts along the way to let you know how much you really do mean to her, and that she has not forgotten about you!!

2017-10-13T07:31:20 Response from the vendor

Oh, you are the sweetest! Thank YOU, so much! xo

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Jennifer S

Rachael was absolutely amazing to work with! She was very friendly and made us very comfortable and at ease around her from the start. I loved how she was willing to incorporate some of our ideas into the shoot was well. I also loved the natural look of the photos. I have always... Read More disliked "staged" looking photos; however, with Rachael, the photos looked natural. She was also surprisingly quick at getting our photos back to us, which I really appreciated. We got our photos taken in the middle of December, and I mentioned to Rachael that I was really hoping to print some of the photos to frame for Christmas presents. She was more than willing to work with me and got me the whole album back within a week! I would recommend Rachael to anyone looking for a photographer and plan on returning to her for our elopement, as well as our future anniversaries!

2017-10-13T07:28:32 Response from the vendor

Your engagement session was so amazing - I cannot wait for the day you two decide to elope! xo

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Ashley P

There are not enough good things I can say about Rachael and how amazing she made our wedding day! Right from the beginning she was easy to talk to and reassuring and she is extremely knowledgeable about photography and weddings-- you can tell she absolutely loves what she does... Read More and loves capturing couples' love stories. She made myself and the whole bridal party feel comfortable and relaxed during photos and was extremely helpful with staying with the timeline and making sure everything ran smoothly. She truly made our wedding day that much more amazing and we just got our photos back and cannot stop looking at them--they will forever be cherished and looked at for years to come. Rachael is absolutely amazing!!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Jess T

There is so much good to say about Rachael. Her work is amazing and I was smitten from the first time I saw her website and clicked through every picture available. My husband and I met with her to discuss everything and from the first meeting I felt like I could be myself... Read More around her, and that she was taking to heart all of the concerns I was pouring out to her. She is so personable and cares so much about her work that it was impossible for us to think of choosing anyone else. I find being photographed to be super uncomfortable and was terrified that I was going to dislike every single picture from what was supposed to be the best day so far just because I'm a girl and I pick everything about myself apart. She assured me that it was her job to make me fall in love with each picture, and boy did she! After our engagement session, which Rachael made so enjoyable, I knew we had made a fantastic choice. I adored every picture she captured because they were so uniquely us in a way I didn't know that we could be seen. As a photographer Rachael is everything you could want. She is thorough, organized, timely, understanding, flexible, patient, talented, caring, and so incredibly likeable. She's the kind of person that you meet and immediately want to be friends with. She has a way of figuring out what you want your photos to look like and making it happen without you realizing it. While looking for different vendors I know that it is every couple's task to make things work within a budget, which we had to do as well. Someone told me early on to invest in a great photographer because pictures would be all that would be left after the special day passed and it was the best advice I could have received. Rachael is the kind of great photographer that you should work with if possible.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Abby M

Rachael gave us the most amazing wedding day experience! Our photos are EXACTLY what I dreamt they would be. Not only is she the best wedding photographer in the central Illinois area, but she knows how to put her clients at ease on the biggest day of their lives. I recommend... Read More her to all of my engaged friends and family.

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Emma K

We had our eye on Rachael's work before we were even engaged. Rachael had photographed the weddings of many friends and each time the photos seemed to perfectly capture their day. When it came time to choose our photographer we were sold within minutes of sitting down with... Read More Rachael. Not only is her work amazing, but she is truly a joy to work with. She immediately put us at ease knowing we were in her capable hands and we were not disappointed! Rachael has a unique way of personalizing everything she does down to the sweet gifts she sent throughout our entire process (six months later and we are still getting surprises!). Rachael an eye for catching all of the best moments and we couldn't be happier with our photos or our experience working with her.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Emily S

I knew from the moment I met with Rachael that she was going to be the most perfect photographer for my wedding day. I didn't want to look any further! It was her sincere interest in our engagement story that showed me how much she truly cares about her couples. I had no idea... Read More what I was wanting as far as photography for the wedding but it was like Rachael knew EXACTLY what I wanted. Rachael guided my husband and I through every step of the way. She really put us at ease and there wasn't one moment during the process that I was worried. We were lucky enough to have Rachael along with us for the entire day of our wedding and we would highly recommend every couple to do the same. From getting ready the morning of, to our first look, to the ceremony and finally the reception she was there for it all. She captured every single moment that we asked for and even the ones we didn't know we wanted. We absolutely love her honest and pure style. She even helped us in ways that weren't photography (especially when I couldn't stand my painful shoes any longer)! Needless to say we loved having her with us. Although I am sad that the wedding is over, having Rachael's photos brings back so many wonderful memories of the best day of our lives. We love being able to relive the day through them. Those photos mean the world to my husband and I and we are forever grateful to Rachael for capturing our special day. We really don't know what we would have done without her!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Laura A

We chose Rachael to capture our wedding day and engagement pictures, and it was the best decision we made. I loved every single one of our wedding photos. Rachael and her daughter worked together on our wedding day and they made me and my husband feel so comfortable. Getting... Read More photos taken can be awkward, but Rachael really does a great job making you feel less so. She did a wonderful job capturing moments I may have missed and candid photos, which I love. She took the time to ask questions and really find out what "style" I was looking for on the wedding day, and customized photos to fit what I was hoping for. She did a terrific job and feels more like a friend throughout the process than just your photographer, I highly recommend Rachael!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Talia S

I was first drawn to Rachael's bright, romantic photos, but what sealed the deal was the hours-long first meeting we had over coffee. We bonded over so many topics, wedding related and otherwise, that I knew my husband and I could trust her style and ability to document such an... Read More important day in our lives. Rachael was there throughout the planning process to answer questions, assist with different tasks, and generally ease my mind. We had a somewhat unconventional wedding day planned, and I don't know how I would've figured out a timeline without her help! When the wedding day arrived, she was present and supportive, yet somehow managed to stay under the radar enough to capture natural, candid moments. Needless to say, the photos turned out beautifully, with many friends and family remarking that they had a fairy tale or "Jane Eyre" quality about them. Rachael definitely has the eye, talent and passion required of a great photographer. I also must mention Rachael continually goes out of her way to make her clients feel special. My husband and I are always pleasantly surprised to receive notes, mail and social media features from Rachael that remind us of our wedding day and our wonderful vendors that helped it all come together! We are forever grateful for the memories she has helped us preserve!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Carissa D

It might have been luck that we found Rachael to capture our special day but i'm going to chalk it up to fate. We, I, had an instant bond with her and I knew she would fulfill requirement or request I threw at her. She exceeded my expectations and even reassured my husband that... Read More we did indeed choose the best wedding photographer for our day! The photographer was one of the most important aspects of our wedding day. I was determined & wasn't willing to settle with just anyone. Rachael made our wedding planning experience that much more enjoyable and I knew on our wedding day I didn't have to worry, she had it taken care of! XOXO

Reviewed on 3/17/2017

Rachael was the best! She was able to capture all weddding moments from our engagement photos to late in the night at the reception! My husband and I are so thankful for how accommodating Rachael was with our schedule and willing to work with us-all while having so much fun! She... Read More was one of the best decisions of our wedding!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Lena H

During the planning process, I had many recommendations for photographers, but wanted to make my own decision. I started researching local photographers on my own, studying their portfolios and comparing their experience levels and I choose Rachael Schirano Photography simply... Read More for the crisp, clean, artistic quality of her photographs. She was MORE than patient with my husband and I during our engagement photos and wedding day pictures. We are not a naturally affectionate couple, but she was able to pull the chemistry out of us in such a natural way. Not only is her quality of work exceptional, but shes in genuinely such a good-hearted person I feel lucky to know. She goes the extra mile with her personal notes, and special little gifts and her willingness to explore even the craziest ideas or locations you might have. I am so thankful that I trusted my instincts and chose her because she made out wedding day perfect!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 jennifer M

Rachael was a pleasure to work with ! She took the time to get all of the photos we needed with our entire family. Rachael is patient, classy, artistic, happy, loving, kind, and insightful. The photos she took, we will treasure the rest of our lives. Rachael also captured my... Read More daughters wedding day - and she did an excellent job for Lauren too. We are so thankful that Rachael came into our lives at just the right time to capture our moments!

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Haley G

Rachael photographed our wedding in July and went above and beyond to not only give us beautiful pictures, but make us comfortable and enjoy every moment. About one week before our big day, Rachael and I spoke on the phone one last time to discuss details and timelines. As we... Read More were finishing the conversation, she asked me to make sure I did one thing the day of the wedding. She said, find someone in my wedding party to pull me aside a couple times throughout the day to just pause and take it all in. The day goes by so fast but to take a short moment and slow down will be moments I look back on forever. In that moment she said that, I knew 100% we chose the right person to spend our most special day with us. Rachael is more than a photographer. The time we had to take pictures alone was one of the best parts of our day largely because Rachael made that time not just a photography session. I highly recommend Rachael because she makes your day special! And takes beautiful pictures of course :)

Rachael Schirano

Rachael Schirano is an Illinois based wedding and boudoir photographer who honors sincere smiles, unscripted moments and bare beauty. Her passion lies in threading together those intangible wisps of connection that float through her lens and anchoring them in photographic poetry. When she’s not playing paparazzi, you can usually find her chasing adventures with her family, loitering shamelessly in art museums, or relaxing with an offbeat indie film and good Malbec.