Professional, Traveling Makeup Artist

Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for considering Rachel Toussaint Makeup Artistry during such an important time in your life! Rachel Toussaint Makeup Artistry offers on-site, professional makeup services to brides in the Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts area. To contact or to receive a quote, please visit racheltoussaintmakeup.com.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Connecticut, New York, & Massachusetts (443) 528-7429

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Alexa P

Look no further for your hair & makeup artist! Rachel is extremely talented and an absolute pleasure to work with. She did the hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, moms, and myself at my June wedding and everyone was thrilled with her work. She was such a wonderful presence on my... Read More wedding day and is organized, easy to communicate with, and extremely professional. I would highly recommend her, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Christian A

Rachel did makeup for me and my bridesmaids for my wedding in June and I cannot say enough good things about her! Everything from the trial to the morning of was stress-free and perfect. She listened to the look/feel I wanted and executed it beautifully. Her amazing work made me... Read More feel so confident on the most important day of my (and my Husband's) life. I have 4 sisters and I'm sure they will all be using her in the future. She is truly AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

2016-08-22T10:58:02 Response from the vendor

I am so glad your wedding day was everything you wanted it to be! Thank you for putting your trust in me on such an important day.

Reviewed on 3/06/2018 Leah L

Rachel just did my and my bridesmaids makeup for my wedding last weekend and she did an AMAZING job! She had such great attention to detail and I felt so beautiful. She is SUPER nice too! I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Kira S

Rachel did a wonderful job on my bridesmaid's and my hair for my wedding! Long hair, short hair, curly hair, straight hair-- she managed it all beautifully and we couldn't have been happier with her! Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Lauren M

Rachel had a big job when it came to my wedding (6 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and a stressed out bride) and she did an amazing job! Everyone looked great and Rachel never seemed phased out by the chaos. I can't say enough about how friendly and accommodating she was. I would... Read More recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Jessica M

Rachel is an incredible make-up artist and I am so glad that she worked her magic on my bridal party, mom and myself last Saturday for my dream wedding at St. Clements Castle! We had a day wedding and six women to work through and Rachel and her assistant rose to the occasion... Read More and showed up at our hotel room at 5:45 am! That's dedication. What I love most about Rachel's work is her ability and desire to highlight women's natural beauty. None of us came away looking like we had heavy layers of make-up on . All of the girls, my mom and myself looked fresh and natural, just the way I had hoped we would. Rachel and her assistant worked tirelessly despite the early start to make sure that we all looked amazing and left in time to get to the venue. I loved getting to know Rachel during my trial session and was reminded of her kind and gentle presence during the morning of my wedding. She did a fantastic job on all of us!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Victoria C

Rachel did an amazing job! I was a bridesmaid and she did my makeup. I was blown away by how wonderful the makeup looked. I felt so glamorous! She was efficient and sweet, too. You will not regret choosing her to do your makeup. I’m getting married next year and I’m definitely... Read More booking her again!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Doodlehead D

Rachel has done my hair/make up several times, each perfect for the occasion. Not only is she super talented, she is also delightful company! Rachel is a great listener who works hard to help you achieve the look you want. Bonus - she is also incredibly knowledgeable about... Read More beauty brands, color and skin care. I'd recommend her any day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Janine S

Finding Rachel was like finding the fountain of youth. Through her talented make up artistry she managed to turn this 54 year old face into one that I remember in the mirror from many years ago. Wrinkles, dark spots, and under eye circles were all magically gone and I looked... Read More that way for the entire evening! At the end of my gala, I was speaking to Jen Garner, one of our board members and a natural (gorgeous) beauty, and with Rachel's help, I managed to appear confident and glowing! Thanks Rachel for making this old lady feel a little like Cinderella!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Ashley A

Rachel is beyond talented and makes sure you feel the most beautiful you have ever felt before spraying that setting spray I had her do my make up for my bridal shower as well as my wedding and added my hair to be done she did it exactly like the pictures and I didn’t think it... Read More was possible to feel more beautiful than I did from my bridal shower but my make up held up like a trooper ( I cried a disgusting amount) only touched up my lipstick once! Allllll brides should have Rachel as their makeup artist! I can’t wait for whatever next big event I have in my life so she can be a part of it and make me feel the best I ever have! Thank you so so much!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Melissa P

Rachel was absolutely amazing from the moment I sent an inquiry. She is super responsive and personable. Before my wedding I scheduled a trial for hair and make-up. I am not someone who typical spends much time on hair and make-up so it was important for me to feel like myself... Read More and natural. The trial went super smooth. For the wedding, Rachel did all of the hair for me and 4 bridesmaids as well as my make-up. She had a wonderful assistant who did a great job on the bridesmaids make-up. Everyone loved it and everything stayed flawless all night even after lots of dancing. I cannot recommend Rachel enough. She was the perfect fit for my day.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Kelly N

Rachel did hair and makeup for my wedding this last July (for me and my 7 bridesmaids). She was extremely helpful during my hair and makeup trials, organized in the process of planning, and wonderful the day of the wedding. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017

I absolutely lucked out finding Rachel, she is an amazing makeup artist! She was so easy to get along with and was incredibly flexible, making me feel so pampered and laid back on my wedding day. She is extremely talented and I couldn't of been happier with my makeup, all of my... Read More bridmaids and mom's final looks (which lasted the whole night btw!) She made us all feel flawless and gorgeous! Her partner also deserves a big shout out as she was also very talented and made all our hairdo dreams come true! I highly reccommend her services!! Thank you Rachel!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Deven L

What can I say, Rachel nailed it! I reached out to a friend of mine and he said that his sister and law does makeup for bridal events. I had reached out to Rachel and she was very responsive in a timely manner and asked for exactly what I wanted. I was getting my makeup done for... Read More a wedding I had attended and she was able to get exactly what I had wanted. I let her do what she wanted and she had a lot of fun doing what she wanted. It was also done in a timely manner, she didn't rush her work but she also didn't take an exceeding amount of time to do it. It was perfect and everything about the experience was great.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Diane P

Rachel did an absolutely beautiful job on my bridal makeup! She really listened to what I wanted, and was flexible with location and start time for the day of. Her makeup really held up and stayed beautifully all day too. She can do a natural look or a glammed up look, and... Read More really knows how to enhance your natural features. She did makeup for my mother and bridesmaids as well, and everyone was so happy with her work. She is very sweet and very professional. I would HIGHLY recommend Rachel Toussaint Makeup Artistry!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Beata H

I absolutely LOVED having Rachel & her assistant Gabbi as part of our wedding in September. Even though it was a lot of girls (five bridesmaids and two moms and me!) and we had to be ready for 12:15, she never once made me feel like it was overwhelming and was so professional &... Read More amazing that I wasn’t ever worried about running late. They were at my parents’ house at the crack of dawn and somehow got all the hair & makeup done in 5 hours—and everyone looked so beautiful! Rachel was able to translate exactly what I wanted from a few photos and a description that was mostly, “not too much, not too little, just natural-looking”. She is a miracle worker—Rachel has such a wonderful, artistic eye. I felt so beautiful the entire day. If we could get married again tomorrow I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to hire Rachel. On a more practical note, Rachel traveled over an hour to make it to the house for 7am and her online invoicing system made things so easy for everyone—the morning of the wedding was so blissfully simple. She was so responsive to emails and so easy to get in touch with. I am so happy that Rachel and I found each other! I could not have picked a better makeup artist, and I wish I had more occasions to need one.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Corri R

Rachel is an amazing makeup/hair artist, with the added bonus of being a joy to be around. She is professional (quick to respond, customer centric, and knowledgeable with color pallets and style ideas), patient, and positive. She executed hair and makeup for myself, MOH, mother,... Read More and mother in-law, all of us have different length hair, hair types, and makeup comfort levels (from wanting very minimal coverage, to wanting the works). She nailed everything. Rachel, it was a pleasure having you be part of my wedding day memories and I felt absolutely beautiful because of your work. Thank you for making the morning of the wedding stress free and fun. I would highly recommend Rachel for any event.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Alyssa J

I got married on July 3, 2016 and I had a pretty big wedding party. Rachel made sure that every single girl in my wedding party was taken care of. She never once made me feel like it would be a struggle to get all of my girls' hair and makeup done in a reasonable time frame. She... Read More is absolutely amazing, from my wedding trial to the day of, she made sure everything was exactly what I wanted in terms of hair and makeup. She came very early to my parents house and made sure it went smoothly. She and Gabi took their time with each girl including myself. So many guests gave compliments of how natural each girl looked and loved everyone's hair. I could not be happier to have picked Rachel to take care of myself and my bridal party on my special day!! Very professional, personable, fun, nice, and extremely easy to work with! Thank you again, Rachel!!!

2016-08-23T12:06:21 Response from the vendor

My assistant and I truly enjoyed your company. Thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016

If you're looking for event or wedding day hair and makeup, look no further! Rachel is fabulously talented and best of all she comes to you! It was really important to me not to be running here, there, and the other place on my wedding day. I had received several salon quotes,... Read More all who charged exorbitant fees for coming to the house my family was renting, and some of whom pressured me into getting both hair and makeup done with them. Rachel's business is a la carte, so you choose the services you need. And it's based around being on location, so she had the perfect setup for coming to us. I was able to sip a mimosa with my bridesmaids in the comfort of our rental home! My mom, sister, and I all loved our hair and makeup and received so many compliments. Rachel is talented and professional while still remaining down-to-earth--just what any bride would want on her wedding day!

2016-08-22T10:56:07 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure! Thank you for such a lovely review.

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Hayley B

My wedding was 2 weeks ago, and Rachel helped make the day relaxing and as beautiful as I had envisioned! I LOVED my make-up and received so many compliments. Rachel was so organized and easy to work with. She was very flexible with scheduling, both the day of and for the trial... Read More run! I asked her for a natural look, and everyone said my make-up was a 'more glamorous version of myself'. Her payment system was a breeze and nice to be able to pay online - you don't want to worry about paying ANOTHER person on that day! I have VERY sensitive eyes and she used high quality products that caused ZILCHO irritation. Would highly recommend her for any event!!

2016-03-12T09:37:31 Response from the vendor

It was so nice to meet you and spend time with you Hayley! You looked absolutely gorgeous!

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Katie B

Had Rachel do my hair for my wedding June 2014. Couldn't have been happier with the way it turned out! I was really stressed about how my hair would turn out but once we had our trial run the week before the big day I was no longer nervous! She came to my house for both the... Read More trial and the actual day. Definitely recommend her! She's awesome and does a great job!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015

Rachel is absolutely AMAZING! My mom and I had her during my sisters wedding and it was Rachels first time doing an Indian wedding and her work was FLAWLESS!! I have recommended her to so many of my friends and family. She is so sweet and down to earth, very professional, LOVED... Read More HER!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015

I had the privilege of getting my wedding hair and makeup done by Rachel, June 28, 2014. Rachel did a wonderful job of keeping my look natural (as requested) while at the same time highlighting my features and making me stand out. My makeup looked beautiful in person and in... Read More pictures. I was also amazed at how the makeup stayed on all day. I cried a lot before my wedding ceremony and kept checking to see if I had ruined my makeup. Thanks to Rachel's techniques and finishing spray my makeup stayed in place despite the tears. Rachel did an incredible job at my wedding and now with more experience under her belt I can only imagine what she is capable of. You will not regret hiring Rachel to do your wedding makeup! Bekah LaFata

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Kimberly S

Rachel made myself and my entire bridal party including the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom look our absolute best. She is gifted as an artist and has found a way to allow others to benefit from her gift. Our makeup and hair was done to perfection and it lasted... Read More the entire day. She came to my home for a trial run prior to the big day, which allowed me to be relaxed and comfortable the day of my wedding. She had wonderful suggestions and stayed true to the vision I had. She has a warm kind spirit that is a true pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Shyla N

Rachel did the makeup for me and my bridesmaids and it was a great experience! One of my favorite memories from the day was the peaceful, quiet moment getting my makeup done before everyone else got to the church. I was able to relax because I knew I was in good hands, and... Read More Rachel has such a warm and kind presence. I highly recommend hiring her for your big day!

Rachel Toussaint

A little bit about me: I graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in Fine Art and shortly after, translated my Fine Art training into a career that I am passionate about. I gained knowledge of the makeup and beauty industry by working with prestigous brands: Shiseido, Chanel, and Clarins and as a makeup artist for MAC, Shiseido, and KIKO Milano. I quickly discovered my love for bridal makeup and founded my makeup artistry business in 2013. Thank you for visiting my storefront!