Beautiful From First Kiss to Last Dance

Award Winning Makeup Artists & Hair Stylists. Voted Best Makeup Artist and Best in the Business of Beauty by Austin Monthly Magazine. Award of Excellence Winner by Association of Wedding & Event Coordinators. Best Beauty Products by The Austin Chronicle and Rare Magazine.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Waxing, Beauty

237 W. 2nd Street, Austin, TX

Unbelievable! An absolute MUST for your wedding

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Libby B

I used Rae Cosmetics for my wedding hair and makeup and used Lacey as my personal stylist for my big day. I also booked three other girls to help out with my bridesmaids and mothers (bride and groom) because we were all getting hair and makeup done. I can honestly say that I... Read More was completely blown away by how amazing a job Rae Cosmetics did. They come to you, so no need to travel the morning of your wedding. Also, my pictures look unbelievable. I could not have been happier on my wedding day with how I looked, and now that I have my pictures back, I know I picked the right vendor. I think my hair and makeup was Pinterest worthy! Please go do a trial with Rae cosmetics. They were recommended to me, and I am so thankful I used them!

2015-10-21T10:38:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review. We love doing weddings and working with each and every Bride and wedding party on such an important day, what a wonderful job we have. Lacey and all of the Rae Cosmetics artists and stylists are awesome,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Melissa M

I used Rochelle Rae for my wedding hair and makeup on October 17th and HIGHLY RECOMMEND her! I'm not a huge makeup gal so it was important for me to find someone that could make me look amazing without too much makeup. That is exactly what Rochelle achieved. I could not have... Read More been more pleased with the end result. She is a true talent and a pleasure to be around. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra cash to have Rochelle herself do your hair and makeup. You won't be disappointed!!

2015-11-29T12:35:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Melissa. I was a pleasure to be a part of such a special day. You were an absolutely beautiful bride.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Sarah S

I cannot thank Rae Cosmetics enough for doing an excellent job and making my wedding prep easy and stress-free! Lacey and Shane were both so calm, kind and patient, and helped me stay relaxed as I got ready for the wedding. They are both clearly experts - my hair and makeup... Read More looked great and lasted the whole day!

2015-10-29T20:05:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! We had a wonderful time working with you in August, you looked absolutely stunning. Congratulations!! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Debbie L

We absolutely loved our experience with Rae Cosmetics! We considered several other companies in Austin, but we are so thrilled we selected Rae. The entire staff was extremely professional and skilled. They made our special day perfect. We even purchased several of the products... Read More they used and sell in their line. I highly recommend them for your special occasion, we will use them again!

2015-10-27T22:08:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We had a wonderful time doing hair and makeup for your party on your daughter's wedding day in June. Can't wait to see you again when you are in Austin! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Emily W

Lacey did my hair and makeup for our wedding in July 2015. She did everything exactly how I wanted. I just had to show her a picture and my hair and makeup turned out better than I could've ever hoped for. Anastasia and the rest of the team were also great at communicating any... Read More scheduling changes or updates. Very professional team and fantastic hair and makeup stylists. I would highly recommend Rae Cosmetics to anyone looking to have their hair and/or makeup done.

2015-10-27T22:10:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! You were fantastic to work with and we are so glad you chose our team to do hair and makeup for your wedding this Summer! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Natalie P

I got married 5 weeks ago and a few of the girls from Rae came to my parent's house and did my hair and make-up as well as my bridesmaids, my Moms and my mother in laws. They were absolutely fantastic! Lacey worked with me during the trial run to help me figure out what I wanted... Read More and then talked to me over the phone a few weeks later when I changed my mind! They made the whole getting ready experience so much fun and I absolutely loved my hair and make-up! I would very highly recommend them!

2015-10-27T22:16:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! It was such a pleasure doing hair and makeup for your wedding last month. You looked stunning! We are so glad you chose our team to be part of your special day. xoxo

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 ROCHELLE R

My bridesmaids and I did our hair and makeup here for my wedding. First of all they are such a nice staff. From the moment we walked in we were very warmly greeted and felt cared about. We were offered beverages and told to make ourselves at home. Chassie did my hair and makeup... Read More and the whole process was so fun, the fun music(Spice Girls, hello! Perfect girly music to get ready to for your wedding), the studio bright, clean and happy looking, and the ladies were like your best girl friends doing your hair, joking with us the entire time. My hair turned out just like the magazine picture and I was walked though the entire process as she worked to make sure it turned out perfect. I never touched up my makeup once on my wedding day..even after crying and hugging guests, it stayed on perfectly. It was even raining and misty that day. It never even felt like I had on makeup because it was so light and breathed. I will be going back and buying makeup from them for everyday use. Highly recommend them!

In Awe!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Holly D

OMG! I don't know what to say about this Rae Cosmetics. They did an amazing job to create me and my bridesmaids being beautiful. They did communicate well to make sure what I wanted for my bridesmaids and myself. I was worried that makeups would make my eyes running and... Read More itchy, but it is not because it is mineral kind that didn't make my eyes running and itchy. AMAZING! THUMBS UP!

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 Kelly T

The ladies at Rae made me such a beautiful bride. I had my hair and makeup done at Rae and they were both great. Beautiful and natural without looking overdone. And it lasted all night without needing any touching up which is so nice to not have to worry about!

Worth Every Penny!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Lauren A

I am glad I waited until we got an 8X10 printed out of our wedding party before I remembered to write this review because it wasn't until I looked at it that I realized every face on my bridesmaids (and well me too, haha) is FLAWLESS!! They looked absolutely beautiful. My makeup... Read More was exactly how I wanted it and the best part was working with all the women who came to to Horseshoe Bay to do our Hair & Make Up. Sarah, my hair gal, was so sweet. She was very excited to see our little flower girls that she curled their hair and applied lip gloss at no charge. And I can't finish this review without saying that Lauren was Ah-Maze-Ing!! She is the one who did everyone's make up, and I like I said: FLAWLESS! Plus she was super fun and sweet to work with :)

Hair and Makeup for Wedding on 7/1/2012

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Melissa L

Lacy did an outstanding job on my hair and makeup. My hair and makeup withstood the 100 degree heat of a Texas summer. It lasted throughout the day and night and looked fresh the entire time. Lacy did exactly what I asked for, and enhanced rather than changed the way I... Read More looked. I would highly, highly recommend Rae Cosmetics and Lacy.

Excellent makeup

Reviewed on 4/15/2012 Melissa L

Aubree did my wedding makeup and I got so many compliments! I normally wear very understated makeup, and the look she gave me provided the extra polish and drama I wanted for my wedding while still looking "like me". The products she used were very flattering and stayed put... Read More through a long evening of dancing.

I Felt Like a Movie Star!

Reviewed on 1/15/2012 T W

I had two trials with Rochelle before finally selecting her. My concern was I had a very diverse wedding party (Hawaiian, white and black). Also, I wasn't confident she could handle hair and makeup on women of color (despite my planner's insistence). My first trial is one for... Read More history - I showed up at her studio with my MOH in May. After the trial I went to the gym (had to workout for my dress!). Then, I worked in my backyard for about an hour. It was 100 degrees that day. Later I then went on a 5K walk around the neighborhood at around 6PM that evening. I was taking another shower around 7:30 that evening when I noticed that I *still* had a face full of makeup!! It was unbelievable! That's when I knew she wouldn't have any problem with my wedding party. Rochelle did a fabulous job on my wedding day. Her makeup was so good that ALL the women bought her foundation, powder and eye shadow. I gave her a picture of the hairstyle I wanted - she made me look like a romantic bride. She worked with my extensions at the trials. By the day of the wedding we knew exactly how much hair would be needed for the final look. She works very fast - she got in, got out, and had us ready on time for the pictures. I'd highly recommend her for any wedding party.

Makeup that stays perfect!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2011 Heather O

I had a test run for the wedding before my bachelorette party...we did a pole dancing class, went to dinner and went out on the town in downtown Austin on Halloween night. My makeup still looked great after all of that! It held up for the wedding, of course, as well. I have very... Read More dry skin and have a hard time wearing base, plus my cheeks turn very red. The makeup was perfect for both of these issues.

Reviewed on 7/23/2011 Brittany C

April did a great job!

Reviewed on 10/05/2010 Tara R

April drove up to Horseshoe Bay to do my makeup for my wedding. The cost of the makeup application was $100, but it cost an additional $150 to drive to HSB. She arrived on time ready to go. After asking me a few questions, she got started and had my makeup done in under 45... Read More minutes. She checked with me along the way to be sure I liked what she was doing. The makeup she used, Rae Cosmetics, felt light on my skin but still gave great coverage. She was a great choice for me.

Rochelle Rae

Rochelle Rae is CEO and creator of Rae Cosmetics. She has a degree in Fine Arts and attended the prestigious Makeup Designory in Hollywood California. Rochelle became frustrated with the heavy makeup prevalent in the market and the seemingly endless trips to the mirror to reapply. Her active lifestyle, as well as that of her clients, called for a longer lasting, more natural approach to cosmetics. This inspired her to create a cosmetics line designed for real life and the active women who live it. After two years of research, design and careful attention to every detail, Rochelle introduced