Rainy Day Productions Videography + Photography

We love what we do and it shows in our films. We are a small family company who just adores weddings! We always joke that we have the only career where the best sign of a job well done is wether or not we made someone cry. One of our favorite parts about the work we do is the fact that we have the privilege of capturing the happiest moments of our clients lives and turning them into a beautiful film they can share with friends and family and watch for generations to come. We focus on capturing moments of true love and family connections, combining the important shots with the unexpected making every film one hundred percent unique to you and your wedding.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Kansas City, MO Kansas City but loves to travel! (816) 225-1457

Excellent

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Allie A

Rainy Day Productions was absolutely wonderful as our wedding videographer. Chris was professional, enthusiastic, skilled, and so great to work with. When we first met with him before the wedding, he was completely open and excited to hear about our vision and plan for the... Read More day, and what we were looking for in a videographer. He kept an open line of communication with us right up til the wedding, and then on the wedding day, he was so in-tune with what was going on and where to be and what to do, I barely even noticed that they were there! (Plus, he and our photographers built a great rapport, which was so wonderful - nobody was in each other's way - and they complimented each other really well!) After the wedding, he again kept an open line of communication with us regarding what he was working on and making sure to incorporate everything we wanted. Then, he gave us our phenomenal wedding video! It was exactly what we were hoping for, and we will treasure it forever. I had heard many stories from friends who had gotten married before me about things their videographers did that were really challenging to deal with. Here are some things I knew I did NOT want - that made Chris the best choice for us. -Poor communication - one of my friends didn't hear anything from her videographer for six months after the wedding at which point they received their video. Chris had amazing communication both before and after the wedding and was always easy to get ahold of. -Lack of self-sufficiency (or being in the way) - one of my friends had a videographer that kept asking questions (what, where, when, why, and how) at really inconvenient times. And during the reception walked up to each table during dinner and zoomed in on people while they were eating. It was awkward. Chris and his team had so much skill in terms of being natural and subtle that most people didn't even notice they were there. And we had such great communication before the wedding, he didn't need to ask many questions at all on the day of - and if he did - he knew to ask our coordinator or someone more appropriate than myself. -Not respecting the couple's ideas - this was probably the biggest deal for me. Several videographers I talked to seemed to be very much attached to their own ways of doing things, and were willing to "compromise" on my ideas (regarding things like level of formality and which shots were the most important). Chris was not only respectful of my ideas, he was excited about and committed to making them a reality. I think he is probably the chameleon of videographers - whatever your vision is, he will execute it - with skill. Thank you, Rainy Day Productions!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Darin L

Rainy Day Production was an amazing company to work with on our wedding day. We met multiple times before the wedding, discussed what we were looking for in photographer and videographer. They were reasonably priced and gave us all of our photos and all of the video footage... Read More outside of what was on the video which was so generous of them. They were friendly by the end of the night I felt like they were our close friends. Trusting them with our wedding day was one of the best decisions we made about that day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Sadie A

We received our video from Rainy Day Productions a few weeks ago and I am beyond thrilled with how it turned out! Chris captured all of the heart felt moments in our wedding that we now get to remember and cherish forever. This film made us feel so many emotions; excited,... Read More fulfilled, warm, and loved, everything we were hoping for and more. Chris met with us months before our wedding and he was not only laid back and easy going but made us excited about working with him and his team did not disappoint! Chris was extremely responsive to emails and was always willing to go above and beyond for us. Rainy Day Productions made our wedding vision come true!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Kyle K

Absolutely fantastic I will definitely recommend Rainy Day Productions to anybody and everybody, very pleasant to work with and did a fantastic job shooting our wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Olivia B

Working with Chris and his team was so easy. My husband and I met with Chris before the wedding and talked through what we were looking for and all the special moments we really wanted to capture. We did the short and long video and both are absolutely amazing! They both... Read More highlight different aspects of the day and have every moment we wanted. I use to work in the video production and was picky about who we selected for our videographer. Rainy Day Production does great work and is really affordable. Our family and friends have sent us messages that they keep watching our video over and over. It truly captured the whole day and I am so glad we will have this for the rest of our lives so we can relive it for years to come. I highly recommend hiring them!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Jessica W

WOW! I could not have asked for a better videographer to work with! Chris and his team are beyond talented at what they do! Both of our videos from the wedding turned out beautiful. We have gotten so many comments from friends and family about how great the short film was and... Read More how it brought tears to their eyes. We will cherish our videos for the rest of our lives and look forward to watching them on all of the anniversaries to come! Choosing Rainy Day Productions was one of the best decisions for our wedding!! THANK YOU CHRIS + TEAM!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kyndall A

These guys were absolutely amazing! They were so personable and fun that we didn't even feel like we had a camera pointed at us! Our movie turned out so amazing! I cannot stop watching it over and over again. Chris captured our day beautifully! Would recommend to anyone wanting... Read More to remember their special day detail by detail.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Missy A

I hope we get to use Chris for our daughters wedding. Chris has been more than helpful sharing his knowledge about photographers and videographers in Kansas City. Our daughter likes the work of Chris, but unfortunately she wasn't the first one to contact him. Chris truly... Read More understands customer service and it is refreshing to see that in this day and age and especially while trying to make decisions about a very special day. Keep up the excellent work Chris and I hope you will be celebrating with us!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Elizabeth P

Chris and his team are AWESOME!!! My wedding was something he wasn't too familiar with due to my husband dialect of music (african) but we wanted it in our highlight video he work and work so hard on it and MY WORD it is awesome!!!!! You should go check it out on his website... Read More hahaha Chris thank you for everything I would def recommend Rainy Day Productions for any weddings, corporate events and more. Liz

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Anna D

I am very happy that we hired Rainy Day Productions to do our wedding video. From the beginning, Chris was very responsive to all my emails with any questions I had. He was flexible on meeting with us and asked us questions to ensure he captured what we wanted for our video.... Read More The video turned out amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to hire a videographer for their wedding.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Ashley L

Rainy Day Productions was our videographer for our wedding. We couldn't have asked for better people to work with! Chris and Nina were sooo friendly and helpful with everything! We couldn't have been happier with how our video turned out! I will be recommending them to everyone... Read More I know!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Wyatt Z

We met with Chris a few months before the wedding and he was very professional and really worked with us to understand what we wanted in our video. When our big day arrived, Chris and his assistant we're there early and did an amazing job of getting all the important details as... Read More well as the little ones you don't even think of! We just watched our video last night and LOVED IT!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017

Our daughter just got married a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with contracting Chris at Rainy Day Productions. He delivered an amazing video that captured the special moments and overall essence of that very amazing day. He was extremely professional and... Read More personal at the same time. He was a delight to work with. His creativity on the final product was beautiful. Thanks Chris for capturing this special day with our family and friends!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Tierney W

Although hiring a videographer to capture your Big Day can be a bit intimidating, Chris was beyond professional. He met with us prior to our wedding, discussed with us which moments we wanted in our film--including rehearsal, day of prep, ceremony and reception--and made sure... Read More to capture those. He was behind the scenes and perfectly "invisible." When we finally got our film after our wedding, we were delighted by how much it perfectly reflected our personalities. Could not have asked for a better videographer!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Chrisinda S

Rainy Day Productions is amazing! The video Chris and Nina made for us for our wedding will be treasured by my husband and I forever! They are friendly, easy to work with, and flexible. They are right there the whole time doing a spectacular job capturing the best day of our... Read More lives. We wouldn't recommend anyone else.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Celine G

I would HIGHLY recommend Rainy Day Productions for wedding videography! Not only are we OBSESSED with our wedding video but Chris and Nina are GREAT to work with! From the beginning we knew we were in good hands. They are professional, passionate about their work, personable and... Read More accommodating. We had such a good time with them on our wedding day. We could not be more happy with the way our wedding video turned out! We have watched it over and over again and it has been so great sharing it with our friends and family!! The day goes by SO quickly and there is so much going on that having the video to look back on is PERFECT! It truly captures the day amazingly! Thank you SO much for all of your hard work, we really appreciate it!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Brittany P

I'm so glad I chose RDP to film our wedding! Chris and Nina were both incredibly nice and very professional, I barely noticed they were there! And my gosh, my wedding video is so beautiful, it literally made my father-in-law cry. I highly recommend this company, they were worth... Read More every penny.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Haley S

Rainy Day Productions is very professional and affordable company. Chris will do his best to work with you on what you want. I attempted to work with other companies but it was hard to get a straight answer on price or what the different packages are. Believe me this is the... Read More videographer that you want. He is a fun, upbeat guy who loves his business and it definitely shows thru his work. Extremely professional and easy to work with he gets back with you very quickly if not the same day. This is hands down the best company I was able to work with throughout the entire wedding process and i used 5 companies altogether. You won't be able to find a nicer person to work with. Rainy Day all the way!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sandra P

Chris was so helpful, kind and professional.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Cara F

Five stars all around!! Chris and his team did a great job on our wedding video and they are very professional. I would recommend Rainy Day Productions any day. Thanks for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Tara B

Chris is amazing to work with! They did an amazing job, and were very professional to work with. our video captured all the details of our special day. I highly recommend rainy day productions!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Hollie L

We absolutely loved working with Rainy Day Productions! They are nice genuine people who love what they do and they go above and beyond to make sure there clients are 100% happy with the finished product!! Can't thank them enough for making our day perfect and one we will NEVER... Read More forget!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Patrick C

Rainy Day Productions is simply the best. Chris knows what he is doing and made our wedding video something that we will cherish forever! He is easy to work with and were very impressed at invested he was in this project. Thanks Chris for making our wedding so special! Patrick... Read More and Britni

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Tatyana S

Chris and Nina were amazing to work with! They were personal yet professional at the same time. They made everyone feel comfortable around the cameras. The price fit our budget and our video turned out so much better than we expected! It was just so beautiful. We definitely... Read More recommend Rainy Day Productions to everyone!

Loved the whole experience

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Kayla C

Chris was amazing to work with from the start. The video he made us speaks for itself, as it was everything we wanted and more. From the start he was quick to get back to emails, took the time to meet up with us to get to know us, was friendly on the wedding day but remained in... Read More the background, and his editing time was super fast. We originally weren't going to do video and now I am so glad we did, because we would have truly missed out. Work with them, you won't regret it!

Chris Moeller

I guess this is where I tell you how great and experienced I am so here it goes.  I have over a decade of experience in the field of digital production. I received my Bachelor's and Master's degree in video from Central Missouri State University, and even taught for a brief period.  I love the creative outlet I get through video. I can honestly say there is nothing I would rather do then plan a shoot, shoot it, and then edit it.