Best of Weddings Hall of Fame Honoree (2012-2017)

Randy Allen has won theKnot.com's "Best of Weddings" 6 years in a row! He plays professionally 5-7 nights per week and covers a huge variety of genres from the oldies, Hawaiian contemporary, even today's hits. He can also utilize a looper pedal, which allows him to emulate the sound of a full band.

Instruments

Guitar, Ukulele

Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

PO Box 11814, Oahu (ALL islands OK), HI (808) 292-5572

Punctuality, professionalism and passion. Who could ask for more?

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Kristen M

Planning a wedding is definitely a task no one person wants to undertake. There are so many variables to consider and a possibility of many disappointments. This is even multiplied by the task of providing entertainment. Do I get a DJ? Do I get a live band? What will people... Read More think? Will they enjoy themselves? These are all questions to consider to provide an ideal wedding not only for you, but your guests as well who are privileged enough to share your most cherished of days. We chose the latter. I, the very lucky groom, am a professional musician myself. So the obvious choice for me was live music. My wife and I had done an ample amount of research and had reluctantly narrowed it down to two. The first choice had a very appealing social media profile and videos. And being from out of state, we asked some questions regarding set lists and requests. Fortunately, we were very disappointed. Fortunately disappointed is an odd choice when making comments regarding entertainment, but we were to the definition, very fortunate. Randy was kind enough to grant us an audition via Skype. We had prepared a few requests and all were answered and performed beautifully. Suffice it to say, he was hired promptly after the audition. The day of our ceremony, Randy showed up before our agreed time to setup his gear and get situated. The agreement was for Randy to perform throughout the event and we could tack on more time if need be. Everything was perfect. He was great and only added to the awesomeness that my wife had spent so many months planning. So great in fact, that we asked for him to stay additionally to what we had agreed. The guests loved him, and more importantly my wife and I loved him. He even was kind enough to be in some of the pictures. Randy is one of the most professional musicians I have ever encountered and I would recommend him to anyone regardless of the event. Punctuality, professionalism and just a love for what he does are what make Randy great. We were lucky enough to share our special day with him and would love for others to share the same experience as well. Aaron & Kristen

So Happy We Found Randy Allen!

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 CLAUDIA S

For all you brides and grooms out there looking for an amazing musician with skill, grace and a beautiful voice, you're on the right page! Randy Allen was everything we could have asked for. We were looking for someone to sing at our very intimate wedding who had a soft, melodic... Read More yet very soulful voice. Randy provided just that! The feel of and tone of his music was just what we had in mind. He was easy to work with, professional, prompt and had great song suggestions when it came down to crunch time! Randy even went out of his way to learn whatever songs we requested. I wish you all the best in your search for a vocalist and before I close let me say - I NEVER write reviews unless I am extremely pleased... In this case I can proudly say that this review is well deserved!!! THANK YOU RANDY FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DAY SO SPECIAL! I wish you much success in your career and all future endeavors. *Claudia Yaquian

2011-08-23T15:44:33 Response from the vendor

Hey Claudia, I'm so happy everything worked out perfectly! Thank you again so much for having me be a part of your special day. May God bless your marriage :) Take care

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/09/2011 Tamara L

I am from California and was planning a destination wedding in Hawaii. I wanted a guitarist for cocktail hour and during dinner but didn't want your typical "Hawaiian" style guitarist. My husband and I like old school R&B and current hits with a flare. I searched on theknot.com... Read More and luckily found Randy. As soon as I looked on his website and saw one of his videos I knew he was perfect and our style. I quickly booked him with no problems at all. He was amazing during cocktail hour and during dinner. All my guests were ranting and raving about how he came up with these amazing R&B renditions. One in particular I heard was "Every little step I take" by Bobby Brown, I turned to my husband and said he just made that song into a great sounding R&B jam. He is an amazing vocalist and guitarist and definitely knows how to set the mood right. After he was finished playing, all my friends went to go talk to him and they just adored his musical talents. Now that we are back home, everyone still keeps talking about how truly talented Randy is. I am glad all my guests were able to really enjoy him, whereas my husband and I were gone taking pictures most of the time so didn't get to enjoy him as much as we would of liked to. If you are in need of a guitarist with style, Randy is who you need. He most definitely knows what he is doing. Randy, thanks again for making our celebration even more memorable. You are extremely talented and we wish you all the best. Our crazy party absolutely loves you! We will never forget you! Thanks again!

2011-07-18T19:43:39 Response from the vendor

Hehe you guys were a fun bunch! Thank you for allowing me to share my style of music at your beautiful wedding! Please say hello to all your friends/guests that remember me... Take care!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017

What can I say! Randy was awesome. He learnt the song that I requested with only a few days notice. Randy played the song whilst I proposed to my fiancé on Waikiki Beach. Great voice and excellent guitar player. His communication and professionalism was amazing. Very... Read More personable and just a straight up nice guy. He helped us take some photos afterwards and even his own fiancé secretly video recorded me proposing and emailed me later. Very kind and couldn't recommend Randy enough. Thanks mate!! Cain

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Lauren D

WOW! There are no words to express how awesome Randy was! From the beginning of our planning to the wedding day! We picked Randy because we loved what we heard on his website and read so many great reviews. Randy learned a song for us , a special one just people from Cape May... Read More would know and it was so awesome to have everyone singing along. We love all music and Randy played a whole range of songs and really got us as a couple. We had sooo many people come up to us during the wedding and after , telling us how amazing Randy was. We were worried with a small crowd that people wouldn't dance but Randy had everyone up and dancing right away. We can't thank Randy enough! We had the most amazing day and Randy really had a huge part in making it our best day ever!! Please don't over look him because he is just solo, you won't regret booking him for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jan N

Before I met my husband, I hired Randy Allen to sing at my son's birthday party over 3 years ago and everyone enjoyed him so much that I was able to convince my husband and ask him if we could have Randy sing at our wedding. Randy is AMAZINGLY talented, professional and an... Read More exceptional entertainer. From the first time I contacted him to check his availability, he was always so extremely nice! We met with him before the big day to finalize everything and he had GREAT suggestions to share. He sang all the songs we requested, especially our first dance song! It was so impressive! Randy is most accommodating and willing to work with you on what you desire. We had our ceremony at a different location from our reception and we asked him if he could sing at both and he easily accommodated our requests. He set up at both locations with no complaints! During the wedding and even weeks after, many of our guest inquired about this wonderful, talented performer we had singing. I always knew that if I ever got married, I wanted Randy Allen to sing at my wedding so it was truly a blessing to have him be a part of our special day. As Randy was finishing up, and we were transitioning into our formal program, we ran into technical difficulties, the sound just would not work. Randy offered to leave his iPad for us to use and he even offered to download all our songs. Who does that? Only a KIND, SWEET, CARING person. We are truly blessed to have had him sing at our wedding! If you are thinking about hiring Randy, we highly recommend him! You will no be disappointed! Earlier this year, one of our guest from my son's birthday party called me to get Randy's contact number because her niece was getting married and she raved to her about Randy Allen when he sang at the birthday party. Randy leaves a lasting impression and is truly one of the NICEST persons you could ever meet, whether he's performing or not. Thank you Randy for your kindness, patience and AWESOME AWESOME singing! We definitely plan to continue coming to your weekly performances as we are your BIGGEST FANS!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Irasema c

So glad I found Randy Allen. Was less than two months away from my grandson 1st birthday party at Disney Aulani I contacted him & he responded right away the booking was super easy he is very punctual and professional every single one of my guests enjoyed his music very much he... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw is great he play music for every occasion I highly recommend Randy Allen for any special celebration you might have.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017

I’ve worked with Randy for over 2 years and every interaction with him is extremely professional and he is amazing at keeping in communication not only the day of the event but also in the planning phase. Many of the couples I work with are huge Disney fans and Randy has a... Read More extensive repertoire of Disney songs that he put his own “Hawaiian” twist on. He definitely brings a special touch of magic to our Weddings and aligns with our goals to create happiness for each and every one of our couples to make every event memorable. I highly recommend Randy!”

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Mackenzie L

Randy played for our welcome party and he was absolutely amazing! Many of our guests were traveling to Oahu from the mainland for the first time, and his music set the tone for a perfect intro into the islands. We loved every minute of his set and would highly recommend him to... Read More anyone!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 John E

We met Randy through Aulani where we had our wedding. My first impression of him was how positive he was and how responsive he was to all of our inquiries. We had a few odd requests for music during the ceremony and he worked with us to accomplish all of it. Even when we came... Read More to him with an obscure song 1 week before the wedding, he learned how to play in a very short amount of time and was absolutely perfect the day of the wedding.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Heather K

Randy sang and played the ukulele at our wedding ceremony and my husband and I could not be more grateful. Not only is he extremely talented and professional, but he is also super friendly, easy to work with, and honestly a great and genuine person. One week before our... Read More wedding, I also asked him if he would be able to learn a new song to play during our vow exchange and he was very happy and excited to. Even after we got home, our friends and family are still discussing how beautiful the music at our ceremony was. Thank you so much Randy for making our ceremony as beautiful as it was!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Steve. D

Randy played for our 50th Anniversary celebration. We found Randy to be talented, professional, and easy to work with. Great music selections also. Steve Dingledine

Reviewed on 10/20/2017

Hands down - Randy Allen is the best of the best. He certainly holds true to the praise he receives and is worth every penny; yet he is the most humble entertainer I have ever known. Our proposal would not have been as incredible as it was if it wasn't for his God given talent,... Read More professionalism, and eagerness to make everything seamless. He learned and performed our song quite possibly better than how the original artist sang it. He brought a sense of calm over our event and blew us all away. Still to this day my fiancé and I talk about how incredible he is and how special he made our engagement. We will certainly be having him at our wedding as well if he has availability in his schedule. Thank you, Randy Allen, for sharing your gift with us and for being so wonderful to work with. We look forward to having you play at our wedding (once we decide on a date) so that we can share your talent with all of our wedding guests.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Ivan A

Randy Allen has made our special day nothing but special! His talented music at both our ceremony and reception was perfect. He set the mood as he amazingly played all the music we requested. He is very professional and prepared, as he met with us gather timelines and details,... Read More getting things just right. His experience even helped us out as he opened our eyes as to what to expect on our big day. He even matched our wedding color theme to blend in! His music and timing was spot on from beginning until the end. Listen to this, here is an amazing story that shows you what kind of person Randy Allen is. After he was finished playing at our ceremony (during dinner hour), Randy asked me if I had my playlist for the remainder of our reception. Well, I did, but the audio was not playing when connected to my tablet. Nor was it playing when connected to my laptop (which was for our slideshow!!!) I was stressing out and the program was getting delayed. Randy was with me the entire time trying to troubleshoot the problem, and kept saying how bad he felt for us. He wasn't even able to eat since he was trying to help us out. He even offered to leave us one of his ipads since that was working, and offered to download all the songs for us. Can you beleive it? It wasn't even Randy's problem, but he sacrificed dinner and his time for us. Things eventually worked out when our catering manager got involved. Randy Allen is not just a terrific musician, but also a tremendous person. Please, use Randy Allen, as you will not only get amazing music, but also incredible service!!! Thank you again Randy!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

Planning a destination wedding was always going to be a challenge When we got to the stage for music we had looked at The Knot ,this was when we came across Randy. My partner had selected Randy for me to listen to and WOW I listened over and over again and his vocals and tone... Read More were amazing.He is talented and is truly gifted with the best vocals I have ever heard . And was the best pick as we had looked at the vendor listing from our hotel As we wanted a lot of Hawaiian theme added to our day this was even better as we could only have guitar and ukulele only . He was a instant pick for us and this was only from what we heard online so you could imagine we were fingers cross we have this write . Randy had a challenge too as we wanted to select a range of songs to be sang at our reception and cocktail party and was honored when we had asked him to add a few of this selection to our playlist We had seen him at Mouna surfrider and watching him perform he sounded amazing and mesmerizing, whilst we were there he played a few songs from our playlist and did an exceptional performance so you could imagine we were even more happy we our decision. Randy set the tone for our day and hand on my heart we want to thank you . Our song that means a lot to us as we walked down the aisle you honestly did it proud and we will always remember that Not only is he humble,polite and professional he has a soulful vocal that sets any mood. He truly loves what he does and he shows that though his performances and was even happy to stay a little longer than we planned at a last minute request. Our guest could not till this day stop raving about him and how talented he was. Thank you for sharing our day with us and for that I would recommend him to anyone for any occasion Mahalo Randy Liz & Deb

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Ashley L

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding!! Randy is amazing and a one of a kind talent. Everyone was raving about him after our wedding. They kept asking us how we found him and wanted his contact info. Our friends and family from home and out of town loved his music... Read More selections and style. A crowd pleaser for sure! Randy worked with us to create the perfect soundtrack for our ceremony and first dance. It set the tone for the best day of our lives. Thank you Randy for making our wedding so special. Looking forward to seeing you soon at one of your gigs!!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Nancy L

Randy is No Ka Oi..THE BEST!! When we were planning our 25th Wedding anniversary from Florida to be held at the Four Seasons in Ko Olina, they highly recommended Randy Allen. We got in touch with Randy via email and text, we talked about what songs we wanted him to perform and... Read More that my sister n law who lives there wanted sing a special Hawaiian song called 'Ei Nei' during the ceremony. I was also working on a gift I wanted to surprise my husband with, so I talked to Randy about singing the 'Traditional Hawaiian Wedding Song' by Elvis and I was going to hire a hula dancer to dance to the song and when in the ceremony I wanted them to perform. Randy made it happen it was all so very beautiful, we couldn't be more happy with how everything came together that day it was flawless!! Hire him he's very easy to work with, you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Jacie O

The words "The Best!" or "Awesome!" is an under statement. In fact, there are no words to describe his voice, literally!! The moment I stepped out of the car and waited to walk down the aisle, I was already in tears! My florist had to distract me and make me laugh so I... Read More wouldn't cry. LOL. Not only is his voice AMAZING, he's so laid back and accommodating to what your song choices are. If he doesn't know the song, he'll try his best to sing it. Piece of advice: He plays at Mai Tais bar, lobby bar, and other places. You should go to see him and trust me...You'll hear his voice and WILL book him!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Yuri C

LOOK NO FURTHER AND HIRE RANDY BEFORE HE'S BOOKED! Randy is extremely talented and we highly recommend him. From our initial contact until his follow up after our reception, Randy was kind, professional, very easy to work with and accommodating with our 'playlist'. He backed up... Read More every one of his 5 star ratings during his performance. Just be prepared for when people stop paying attention to you and are focused on him instead. j/k, but fo real.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Matt M

Randy is an outstanding performer and a great guy as well! He was incredibly professional, interacted extremely well with our guests, and had a song for every type of request that we made. We highly recommend Randy.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Matt M

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Tom K

We had Randy play at our rehearsal dinner and at our wedding, and he was fabulous both nights! His professionalism, his engaging personality, and, of course, his musical talents all contributed to our perfect wedding. Thank you Randy!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Tom K

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lani P

Impressive! On time, professional, overly accommodating and talented sums up my review. Aloha...

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Lindsey O

Randy is the best! I work in the industry and have always admired Randy for his talent and professionalism. When it came to planning my own wedding, I knew we needed to hire him. He was so easy to coordinate with; I told him the basics of what I wanted and left the rest up to... Read More his judgement and he did a great job. He was even willing to learn two obscure songs that I wanted incorporated in the ceremony. As both a bride and a vendor, I can honestly say that Randy Allen Is a pleasure to work with. Our guests are still raving about him!