Best of Weddings Hall of Fame Honoree (2012-2017)

Randy Allen has won theKnot.com's "Best of Weddings" 6 years in a row! He plays professionally 5-7 nights per week and covers a huge variety of genres from the oldies, Hawaiian contemporary, even today's hits. He can also utilize a looper pedal, which allows him to emulate the sound of a full band.

Instruments

Guitar, Ukulele

Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

PO Box 11814, Oahu (ALL islands OK), HI (808) 292-5572

Punctuality, professionalism and passion. Who could ask for more?

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Kristen M

Planning a wedding is definitely a task no one person wants to undertake. There are so many variables to consider and a possibility of many disappointments. This is even multiplied by the task of providing entertainment. Do I get a DJ? Do I get a live band? What will people... Read More think? Will they enjoy themselves? These are all questions to consider to provide an ideal wedding not only for you, but your guests as well who are privileged enough to share your most cherished of days. We chose the latter. I, the very lucky groom, am a professional musician myself. So the obvious choice for me was live music. My wife and I had done an ample amount of research and had reluctantly narrowed it down to two. The first choice had a very appealing social media profile and videos. And being from out of state, we asked some questions regarding set lists and requests. Fortunately, we were very disappointed. Fortunately disappointed is an odd choice when making comments regarding entertainment, but we were to the definition, very fortunate. Randy was kind enough to grant us an audition via Skype. We had prepared a few requests and all were answered and performed beautifully. Suffice it to say, he was hired promptly after the audition. The day of our ceremony, Randy showed up before our agreed time to setup his gear and get situated. The agreement was for Randy to perform throughout the event and we could tack on more time if need be. Everything was perfect. He was great and only added to the awesomeness that my wife had spent so many months planning. So great in fact, that we asked for him to stay additionally to what we had agreed. The guests loved him, and more importantly my wife and I loved him. He even was kind enough to be in some of the pictures. Randy is one of the most professional musicians I have ever encountered and I would recommend him to anyone regardless of the event. Punctuality, professionalism and just a love for what he does are what make Randy great. We were lucky enough to share our special day with him and would love for others to share the same experience as well. Aaron & Kristen

So Happy We Found Randy Allen!

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 CLAUDIA S

For all you brides and grooms out there looking for an amazing musician with skill, grace and a beautiful voice, you're on the right page! Randy Allen was everything we could have asked for. We were looking for someone to sing at our very intimate wedding who had a soft, melodic... Read More yet very soulful voice. Randy provided just that! The feel of and tone of his music was just what we had in mind. He was easy to work with, professional, prompt and had great song suggestions when it came down to crunch time! Randy even went out of his way to learn whatever songs we requested. I wish you all the best in your search for a vocalist and before I close let me say - I NEVER write reviews unless I am extremely pleased... In this case I can proudly say that this review is well deserved!!! THANK YOU RANDY FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DAY SO SPECIAL! I wish you much success in your career and all future endeavors. *Claudia Yaquian

2011-08-23T15:44:33 Response from the vendor

Hey Claudia, I'm so happy everything worked out perfectly! Thank you again so much for having me be a part of your special day. May God bless your marriage :) Take care

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/09/2011 Tamara L

I am from California and was planning a destination wedding in Hawaii. I wanted a guitarist for cocktail hour and during dinner but didn't want your typical "Hawaiian" style guitarist. My husband and I like old school R&B and current hits with a flare. I searched on theknot.com... Read More and luckily found Randy. As soon as I looked on his website and saw one of his videos I knew he was perfect and our style. I quickly booked him with no problems at all. He was amazing during cocktail hour and during dinner. All my guests were ranting and raving about how he came up with these amazing R&B renditions. One in particular I heard was "Every little step I take" by Bobby Brown, I turned to my husband and said he just made that song into a great sounding R&B jam. He is an amazing vocalist and guitarist and definitely knows how to set the mood right. After he was finished playing, all my friends went to go talk to him and they just adored his musical talents. Now that we are back home, everyone still keeps talking about how truly talented Randy is. I am glad all my guests were able to really enjoy him, whereas my husband and I were gone taking pictures most of the time so didn't get to enjoy him as much as we would of liked to. If you are in need of a guitarist with style, Randy is who you need. He most definitely knows what he is doing. Randy, thanks again for making our celebration even more memorable. You are extremely talented and we wish you all the best. Our crazy party absolutely loves you! We will never forget you! Thanks again!

2011-07-18T19:43:39 Response from the vendor

Hehe you guys were a fun bunch! Thank you for allowing me to share my style of music at your beautiful wedding! Please say hello to all your friends/guests that remember me... Take care!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Jacie O

The words "The Best!" or "Awesome!" is an under statement. In fact, there are no words to describe his voice, literally!! The moment I stepped out of the car and waited to walk down the aisle, I was already in tears! My florist had to distract me and make me laugh so I... Read More wouldn't cry. LOL. Not only is his voice AMAZING, he's so laid back and accommodating to what your song choices are. If he doesn't know the song, he'll try his best to sing it. Piece of advice: He plays at Mai Tais bar, lobby bar, and other places. You should go to see him and trust me...You'll hear his voice and WILL book him!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Yuri C

LOOK NO FURTHER AND HIRE RANDY BEFORE HE'S BOOKED! Randy is extremely talented and we highly recommend him. From our initial contact until his follow up after our reception, Randy was kind, professional, very easy to work with and accommodating with our 'playlist'. He backed up... Read More every one of his 5 star ratings during his performance. Just be prepared for when people stop paying attention to you and are focused on him instead. j/k, but fo real.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Matt M

Randy is an outstanding performer and a great guy as well! He was incredibly professional, interacted extremely well with our guests, and had a song for every type of request that we made. We highly recommend Randy.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Matt M

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Tom K

We had Randy play at our rehearsal dinner and at our wedding, and he was fabulous both nights! His professionalism, his engaging personality, and, of course, his musical talents all contributed to our perfect wedding. Thank you Randy!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Tom K

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lani P

Impressive! On time, professional, overly accommodating and talented sums up my review. Aloha...

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Lindsey O

Randy is the best! I work in the industry and have always admired Randy for his talent and professionalism. When it came to planning my own wedding, I knew we needed to hire him. He was so easy to coordinate with; I told him the basics of what I wanted and left the rest up to... Read More his judgement and he did a great job. He was even willing to learn two obscure songs that I wanted incorporated in the ceremony. As both a bride and a vendor, I can honestly say that Randy Allen Is a pleasure to work with. Our guests are still raving about him!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 James F

We had Randy perform for our wedding in Kailua. He showed up a few minutes early (which is always appreciated) and provided our guests with a wonderful performance. We only wish we had more time to sit and listen to him play. Mahalo Randy!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Rachel

Randy's incredible talent at our beautiful Lanikai wedding was the talk of our family for weeks. We couldn't be more appreciative of his time and skill. His performance prior to the wedding kept everyone calm and patient regardless of our late arrival, he played a perfect... Read More rendition of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" as I walked down the aisle to my soon to be husband, and serenaded our guests on the lanai for cocktail hour. He was truly the perfect fit for our intimate waterfront wedding and his melody fit right in with our location and overall feel of the wedding. Randy was extremely easy to work with, on time, and beyond excellent. We would highly recommend him for any event!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jennifer W

Randy Allen is so very very talented and definitely my favorite!! I have had the pleasure of hearing him perform many times at events and different venues, being in the industry myself. Since he is a favorite of mine, we asked if he could play at our wedding this summer. I was... Read More so honored he agreed, and am forever grateful to him contributing to making our wedding so amazing. Our guests were blown away during cocktail hour when he played. He creates such a great vibe and adds personality and life to the party or event. His vocal ability, song choices, guitar arrangements, warm and inviting persona and professionalism make him the perfect pick in choosing a musician. Anyone who does will be so very happy they did!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 rae ann a

I can't thank Randy enough along with Von Baron and Michael Grande for the amazing talent and performance they've done at me and my sister's graduation party. His music was beyond what I expected and our guests really loved him! I received many compliments from friends and... Read More family at the end of the night. When my sister and I were looking for a musician to play at our party, many of the ones we Googled and Yelped were wedding performers and we feared that our party would be too wedding like. Because Randy has is able to play a variety of different genres, he played the right type of music for our party. Randy was absolutely professional. He was easy to work with and that definitely alleviated a lot of stress during the party planning process. He responded to emails and text messages very promptly, he takes song requests, his website was easy to navigate, and he definitely made the night unforgettable. I am beyond happy, grateful, and completely satisfied for everything he has done. I highly recommend him to everyone who's planning their next event :) Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016

Randy is a truly awesome performer. Very professional and personable at the same time. He tailored the session exactly to our wishes. Throughout the evening, we had many people come up to us and comment about how great the music was. I highly recommend Randy. Thank you for... Read More making our party extra memorable!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016

INCREDIBLE, absolutely incredible!!! Randy sang at both our ceremony and reception and it was unbelievable. From the very start with the booking process all the way til the end of the wedding night Randy was an absolute professional and really made sure he got all the details... Read More of the songs prior to the special day. During the actual wedding day we got TONS of compliments on Randy from our guests and many were even asking if he had CD's that they can purchase. The way he puts his own spin on the songs he sang was great and his song selection was the best ever! I would recommend Randy to all my friends and family. MAHALO RANDY!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Reece T

Hey Randy. We would like to thank you for being a part of such an amazing wedding. Your music was great and exactly what we were looking for. We received many compliments from our friends and family about your music, and they all enjoyed themselves at the ceremony and... Read More cocktail hour. We very much enjoyed your playlist, which was very crafty and diverse, and the timing of all of your songs was just perfect. Truly a professional. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Evan S

Randy was flexible, professional and an excellent musician. He has a gigantic repertoire and is willing to accommodate your personal requests, as well. His rate was reasonable and he was a major enhancement to our day. Thank you, Randy! -Evan & Jen

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Evan S

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Toni D

Randy! How can I ever thank him enough for his wonderful performance at our wedding? All my guests were blown away by his selections and his talent! He even went way out of his way to accommodate my request to incorporate some Latin type dance music by forming a unique... Read More collaboration with a DJ friend of his, and playing together. Thank you so much, Randy and team! You were all simply phenomenal!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Rhodalyn N

Randy Allen is a great performer. We hired him to perform for our Wedding Reception cocktail hour, our first dance, and dinner hour. Our reception was at Lanikuhonua on July 5, 2016. I found him by Instagram, youtube, and recommendation from my wedding planner Neu Events. He... Read More was very responsive with all emails. We grew up on 80s and 90s music. His play list for the reception was so great. All of our guests kept asking, "where did you find him?". It was one great song after another. I was so glad he did our first dance, it made it even more special. I wish we had one camera just recording his entire performance so I can replay it over and over. I did not really get to sit and listen to him sing during cocktail hour because we were taking our formal photos, so a week later we went to Tiki's to catch him perform. He was so great and even sat down with us for a drink during his break. He was so worth it and made our reception so much more memorable.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

Randy Allen, the man, the myth, the legend. I met Randy after he performed a set in Waikiki, and immediately recognized his talent and breadth of music he could play; knowing right away he would be perfect for our wedding. After getting to know Randy, through the preparation,... Read More execution, and follow up process; Randy is a true professional, a genuine person you would be honored to work with, and is now a friend. Music is vital to me; in fact it was one of the key components to our wedding; as it should be for so many events. The music sets and maintains the mood for any event. With a guest list of 130; I knew it would be a tough task for a one man band. Randy’s voice, looping abilities, and composure blew away all our guests; I had more complements about Randy than anything else at our celebration. Randy was more than receptive to our requests, performing them to a T. Not only is he great as a supplemental piece for the ceremony; cocktail hour; dinner, and dances; but he is even more impressive in his ability to carry an entire wedding dance party; playing songs that everyone recognized and loved his beautiful versions of. The crowd was so impressed; chants of “Randy, Randy, Randy” began organically… Thanks so much to Randy and Donny (Sound Technician) for making our wedding and dance party such a success, I couldn’t have imagined anything better.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016

I don't even know where to start - while our wedding was all around amazing, Randy it what really made it special and all of our guests could not stop talking about how great he was. Randy is also wonderful to work with - always very professional and responsive. All around,... Read More just a complete joy to work with. Our day-of-coordinator even brought up how great he was to work with - asking the right questions and extremely organized. But his musical abilities will absolutely blow your guests away. We had great vendors but, by far, Randy was the standout and really made out wedding day unforgettable. If I could give him more stars, I would. If you go with Randy, you will not regret it.

Awesome!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Dawn C

Randy was great to work with and he was so talented! He was able to sing any request that we could think of for the wedding. All of our guests enjoyed the music and multiple people commented on how great the music was. One of the guests said that even from the back corner of... Read More the ballroom they could clearly hear him singing. I would gladly recommend Randy to anyone who wants to have someone sing at their wedding.