Winners of " Boston's A List Best Wedding Band "

Rare Form featuring Gigi & Mike on lead vocals, Steve emcee, guitar/vocals, Jon on keys/ vocals, Steve on bass, Jon on drums, Carl on sax/vocals and Mark on trumpet. Rare Form performs music spanning many genres and decades. Their genuine love of music will keep you dancing all night long!

Instruments

Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboard, Percussion, Saxophone, Trumpet, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Caryn B

From the moment we saw Rare Form perform at a showcase we knew we had to hire them! We scouted out A LOT of wedding bands and their talent was above and beyond other bands we previewed. They have such a infectious energy, not to mention the incredible range of music they can... Read More perform! We had a blast celebrating our wedding day with them and so many of guests raved about them too! They are great at reading the crowd and will get everybody in the room up and dancing! We had them learn a few songs for our first dance too and were very pleased with their renditions! We had the 7 piece band for the reception and also hired the keyboard player for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Don't hesitate to hire this band for your wedding, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Morgan M

We got married almost a month ago and are still receiving complements on the band! they are amazing- very interactive with all guests and play so well! Not to mention very easy to work with during the planning process! HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 David A

Rare Form was such a pleasure to have at our wedding. Every song they performed was absolutely amazing throughout our ceremony and reception. The band was so accommodating in learning new songs and even performing a new song on the fly (and it was amazing)! I would highly... Read More recommend to anyone getting married in the New England area.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Lauryn B

Dear Donna and Rare Form, We cannot thank you enough for sharing in our wedding celebration. Our wedding day was amazing, and we have guests that will always say it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. Music is very important to our family, its something we directly... Read More correlate with happiness, fun and well-being. It was very important to us to have live music at our wedding reception, and Rare Form was above and beyond our expectations. You guys had everyone dancing, and when they weren’t dancing, they couldn’t help but take in the sight of so many family and friends on the dance floor. Our maid of honor even said the neighbors and other guests at the hotel were dancing. We had guests travel from all over the country to be with us that weekend so it was very important to us to make the day about fun, love and laughter. Without you we could not have done this. You helped make planning and prepping so easy. It meant a lot that you never forgot to remind us to enjoy and have fun. Whether it was last minute song requests, or working with my sister to sing us a song during her toast (I will always apologize for that), you never hesitated, questioned or even hinted that it couldn’t be done. Meeting the band the day of the wedding made it feel like we knew you guys all along. Your encouragement, support and well wishes made all the difference. Being able to dance with Lauryn’s grandparents was very special, we have truly never seen them so happy. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for creating these memories. We may eventually forget the small details of the day, the place cards, seating arrangement, the hair/makeup, the exact kind of flowers – but we will never forget the way we felt. We will never forget how much we DANCED. Love, Mr. and Mrs. Richard Breen

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Julia K

Rare form had our 250+ guest wedding up and dancing for the entire night! They were a blast!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Justine T

Rare Form was a great band! They were incredibly amenable and easy to work with! We had our wedding at Castle Hill, and because they were familiar with the venue, they facilitated a lot of that communication. Most of all, they sounded great!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Angela L

If you are looking for the best wedding band - Rare Form is it!! Based off a recommendation from a family member, we went locally in Boston to see Rare Form demo and booked them on the spot before we even had our venue locked in. Although we had to book pretty far out (over a... Read More year and half) for our date, they were the best decision of the entire wedding for us. Rare Form not only did an amazing job because they are phenomenally talented and play great music that kept everyone of all ages on the dance floor all night, but because they saved my groom's butt (literally) when he ripped his pants on the dance floor by coincidentally having and lending an extra pair of pants in the right size! Rare Form was so much more than a band at a wedding, they were the life of the party and total life savers for us on our wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Ali E

Rare Form was AMAZING!!! All night our guests kept asking us who the band was. They were so interactive, played all of our favorites, and blew us away with their vocal and musical talent and stage presence/performance. It's evident they are top-notch in the industry and also... Read More just wonderful people in addition to being super talented musicians! It really felt like we had our own private concert for the night. People were dancing until the very end. They have such a variety of songs and styles offered and really engaged with us and our guests. A day or so after our wedding, we immediately posted on their Facebook page how impressed and thankful we were to have them. I 100% recommend without any reservation- we are SO SO SO happy we chose Rare Form for our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Tara D

This band was AMAZING! They read the crowd, played every song we requested (and extremely well), they were so fun and entertaining! People a month later are still talking about how great they were! If you are looking for a band to get everyone up and dancing, this is them!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Michaela D

This band made our wedding stand out!! We are still hearing from wedding guests how impressed they were with the band. All of our guests were on the dance floor all night. Rare form plays a variety of music that will appeal to any age group. I can't begin to express how happy I... Read More am that we hired them for our wedding.

Rare Form = THE BEST

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jenna S

Our wedding guests consistently said Rare Form was one of the best bands that they had ever seen. They had the dance floor packed from first to last minute. They play a great variety and their energy is awesome. They were flexible throughout the night to adjust breaks and... Read More respond to our guests. Better than we could have ever expected. Many of our guests now want to book them so book early! They will make your event!

MADE MY WEDDING!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Angelica F

This band MADE my wedding. Words cannot express the gratitude I have for Rare Form and the joy the band brought to my wedding. The dance floor was PACKED the whole night, and every single song was outrageously good! From Bruce Springsteen, to Pitbull, to Sinatra, my guests were... Read More blown away by the versatility and accuracy of the band! We had lots of requests for what we wanted and didn't want for our music and for the flow of the evening, and Donna and the band accommodated every single request while being such a pleasure to work with! I am a bride who believes that the music is the most important part of a wedding (along with food!), and I honestly could not be happier that I chose Rare Form! My guests were coming up to my husband and I the whole evening complimenting the band, and we they were still complimenting the band AFTER the wedding!! PLEASE take my advice and end your search here! You will be SO happy with Rare Form Band!

Rare Form at Nashua Country Club

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

They are very talented professionals and a pleasure to work with. They know how to read and please crowd. Many, many wedding attendees commented on how talented and great the band was and how fun the wedding was as a result. Two people requested contact information for... Read More up-and-coming weddings in their family. If you want a band, these people are the best!

A-maz-ing!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015

If you're planning a wedding, book this band ASAP. I first heard them a few years ago at a friend's wedding. While there, I was dancing with my dad, and I told him this was the kind of band I'd want at my wedding. I wasn't even dating anyone at the time! My dad agreed, and he... Read More got their business card. For three years, it sat on his bureau until I got engaged. As soon as we found a venue, he showed me the cared, we called and hired them immediately! They did not disappoint. Everyone at the wedding raved about the band. One friend said, "We didn't know we'd get to go to a concert at your wedding!"

2015-10-05T15:20:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review!!!

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015

Honestly my husband picked this band out. I looked them up online and was not 100% convinced. I was doubtful. Then when they starting to play the first song, "La Vie En Rose" (My husband in French), I was convinced! They sounded better then I could have imagined. Their song... Read More choices were exactly what I wanted. The range of music was phenomenal. They nailed everything from La Vie En Rose to Louis Armstrong to current day hits. I am absolutely impressed and highly recommend this band. If I remember correctly they came as a six piece band and traveled to RI all the way from New Hampshire- and the price was extremely reasonable for the superior quality. I had dozens of people complimenting the band by the end of the night!

Rare Form Band

Reviewed on 10/03/2015

The band was great . Every special song was accommodated ,any request granted The wedding was an amazingly fun time and the band was a huge part of that. Both singers were great .everyone at the wedding loved them. I have no problems recommending this band to anyone.

Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Erica H

Rare Form was fantastic and made our wedding so much fun! Nearly everyone was on the dance floor all night, and they even let two friends sing with them, and one friend get on the cowbell. Thank you!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014

Rare Form played at my brother's wedding years ago and people raved about how great the band was! When it came to my own wedding this past summer, I had no interest in exploring other bands. I contacted Donna the band manager, and reserved Rare Form. They are professional and... Read More fun. The band is more than willing to learn special requests...which we really enjoyed! There was a moment at the wedding when I wasn't sure whether an artist's original recording was playing or the band, only to turn and see that is was the band! I highly recommend Rare Form!

Best band ever!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Rachel S

Rare Form performed at my wedding this past August, it was the best band! The wedding guests were dancing before the dinner was served and the floor was full all night! They also did the ceremony and cocktail hour which was spectacular! The band is easy to work with and will... Read More make sure to learn songs that are important to you! If I could I would hire them once a month for a big bash because they were that good! Hope to see them perform again soon!

Best Band! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Rare Form Band was such a huge hit at our wedding. Speaking from experience, my now wife and I were torn if we should go DJ or band, and we decided band. We couldn't be more please with the picking Rare Form Band. They had such a great variety, our guests were dancing all... Read More night and there was never a lull. We highly recommend them. -John M.

THE BEST

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Nicole K

Everyone who attended our wedding said that the band was the best they had ever heard and I couldn't agree more. They were pleasant to deal with and could sing any song you could possibly imagine. I can't say enough good things about this band and HIGHLY recommend them!

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Randi W

They were so awesome! Everyone was on the dance floor and really enjoying the music. The band and the manager were a pleasure to work with and were happy to accommodate all of our requests.

Amazing Wedding Band! Talented and Friendly

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

Rare Form did an amazing job at our wedding at the Boston Seaport Hotel in June. Leading up to the wedding, they were super helpful in making sure everything was organized and this removed all stress from this part of organizing the wedding which was great. We weren't 100% sure... Read More what type of music we wanted, and we just gave them a general idea and they took that and ran with it and put on an amazing performance. Throughout the course of the wedding, we repeatedly received compliments from guests about what an amazing band we had found and how impressed they were with the different styles and sounds that a single band could pull off. Definitely would recommend to others, they are both friendly and talented and really put on a good show.

Best Band

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Sarah B

We had our wedding July 2014 and Rare Form was amazing!!! We didn't have a well-known first dance song and they learned it and preformed it perfectly. They had all 150 guests (all different ages) dancing the night away! We still get complements on how great Rare Form was and... Read More have had some of our guest refer them to their friend for future weddings. They truly made our wedding memorable and fun for everyone. We sang and danced the night away, it was unforgettable!!!!

BEST Wedding Band!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Kathryn S

I originally experienced Rare Form at my brother's wedding in 2011 and was blown away by their performance. I knew right then and there that I wanted them at my wedding. I saw them again at my brother's sister-in-law's wedding in 2013 and they were just as I remembered! So fun!... Read More Well, when the time came to pick my wedding music, it was a no-brainer - I contacted Rare Form right away! If you are looking for a wedding band that will get everyone onto the dance floor, Rare Form is the band! I had shy family members who never dance and they were tearing up the dance floor! It was great! The variety of music that Rare Form played struck a chord (no pun intended - or was it?) with everyone, from me and my 20-something-year-old friends to my 83-year-old great aunts. There was something for everyone. I HIGHLY recommend Rare Form! You won't regret it!