Ravel Hotel/Penthouse 808

Long Island City, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Ravel Hotel/Penthouse 808

A BALLROOM IN LONG ISLAND CITY, NY

Ravel Hotel is a four star luxury boutique hotel in Long Island City, New York, that overlooks the East River and Roosevelt Island. It is centrally located one mile east of midtown Manhattan. The hotel hosts wedding ceremonies and receptions, bachelor and bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, bridal and engagement parties and farewell brunches.

Penthouse808. The 9,500 square foot Penthouse808 is an upscale rooftop indoor/outdoor restaurant and lounge that provides a great view of the Manhattan skyline. The glass-enclosed space features a retractable rooftop as well as curtained cabanas, tall circular bar tables and mod, low-slung couches.

Couples can exchange vows on the patio as the sun sets and then enjoy pre-dinner cocktails in the bar area. Guests can easily mingle in the spacious area that is highlighted by a 40-foot-long bar. The climate-controlled rooftop space accommodates up to 225 guests for a seated dinner and 500 guests for a cocktail-style reception.

Couples work with the wedding staff, including a complimentary wedding coordinator and culinary team, to organize the wedding celebration. In addition, the staff can help couples choose from the hotel's list of preferred vendors, including florists, officiants and photographers. A day-of coordinator keeps everything running smoothly on the wedding day while a bridal attendant dotes on the bride. Couples can opt for the services of the in-house DJ. Set up can start two hours prior to the wedding start time and the wedding must end by 11 p.m.

Wedding packages include a complimentary wedding tasting, a four hour reception with a four-course seated dinner, six butler passed hors d’oeuvres, cocktail station, premium open bar and passed desserts. Couples can also choose to have a buffet or cocktail-style service. Other wedding package amenities include a dance floor, linens and napkins, customized menu cards, state-of-the-art Bose sound system, hotel shuttle service and valet parking, VIP elevator access and a complimentary suite for the bride and groom on their wedding night.

Wedding guests can stay overnight at the hotel and enjoy one of the 63 lavishly designed guestrooms. The rooms have 9 to 11-foot ceilings, giving them an extra spacious ambience. Suites have soaking tubs and sitting areas and some have private balconies. The hotel offers a discounted room block service and amenities that include:

• Ultra-modern bathrooms with glass-enclosed showers and rain shower heads
  • WiFi, flat-screen plasma TVs and gourmet minibars
  • Pillow-top mattresses and 400-thread-count sheets
  • Close to Museum of Modern Art’s satellite museum, PS1
  • Free parking and free area shuttle service

Penthouse808

Weddings at The Ravel Hotel set a new standard in romantic elegance. We offer the finest and most comprehensive wedding services. Our wedding staff orchestrates the entire event, striving to create a unique personal affair that reflects your style and vision. While many aspects of planning, a wedding may seem daunting, our staff with 20 years of event and hospitality experience will make the tasks seem effortless. Currently offering an indoor/outdoor rooftop, a large outdoor seasonal rooftop, as well as our new Grand Estate Ballroom.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

8-08 Queens Plaza South, Long Island City, NY (718) 289-6109

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Marguerite R

My husband and I were married here on September 1st. The entire experience from start to finish was amazing. We worked closely with Delores and Elyse, they made our wedding an absolute dream. Not a detail was missed and there is nothing we could have wanted for. I could not... Read More recommend Ravel more. The team there are the utmost professionals, working with you every step of the way helping to make your day everything you'd hoped for!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Sarah F

My husband and I were married here back in August 2017, but we booked our wedding at Penthouse 808 way before the ballroom was even complete! We could not have been happier with the final product. Our ceremony and rehearsal dinner were up on the rooftop - the most beautiful... Read More views! Our guests were gushing about them! Our very large wedding reception was in the brand new ballroom, which is absolutely stunning, and super modern. While I can go on and on about the beautiful space and even more amazing food (AMAZING food), I have to say Elyse and Dolores were the absolute best. Elyse was with us the entire ride, answering questions and updating us along the way. She was beyond professional, helpful, and quick to respond. We had started looking at the venue about 2 years before our wedding actually happened, so by the time it ended it felt as if we were old friends! The weekend of our wedding (we also had our rehearsal dinner at the venue) Elyse and Dolores treated us like royalty and made sure we had everything we needed at every moment. I cannot recommend Penthouse 808 enough!!! We love you Elyse & Dolores!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Jilian G

PERFECT ROOF TOOP WEDDING: BOOK IT! THERE IS NO BETTER PLACE... and here is why... my husband and I met here 7 years ago and just got married on Memorial Day Weekend 2017- our 7 year anniversary! From the moment we did the first walk through with Elyse, Delores and Betsy, we... Read More knew we were in great hands! We soon met Benny and his entire team as well who worked closely with Elyse, Delores and Betsy so that we never wanted or needed anything! They were the most professional, service oriented team that I have ever had the pleasure to work with and treated us like family!!! Elyse, Delores, Betsy and Benny took care of every single detail from managing the construction of a custom black and white dance floor on the roof top, to making sure our Chuppah, was ready, and ensuring their staff secured every single wedding detail we prepared down to the place setting, welcome table, cocktail hour and dinner station signs, slide show, after party, pr-cocktail party, the list goes on and on and absolutely nothing was missed for our almost 200 Guest wedding!!! In fact, our guests are still talking about our wedding which definitely broke the internet as the best wedding or party they have ever had the pleasure of attending!! Everyone commented on the impeccable service and my husband and I agree that we were treated like celebrities the entire time, we even had our own security team at the after party who stayed with us the entire time ensuring we were happy as Chus and Ceballos brought us into the morning hours and we closed down the place! The food is absolutely amazing and again every detail and special request we made was attended to immediately. We even had a surprise special performance by the rapper Cam'ron planned for our guests and worked closely with Amed and our DJ Petey to ensure it went smoothly and it sure did! Booking rooms at the venue was extremely easy with Julissa as well, we had over 80 guests spend the night and dropped Welcome bags which the staff took great care of and made sure our guests were treated well! Honestly, I can not say enough about the entire Ravel team. If you are looking for a dreamy New York City wedding with incredible views, 5 star food, and impeccable service from a team who goes out of their way to make you feel like family, there is NO better place! I highly recommend the Ravel without reservation and can not wait to see they entire team again soon as I know we will be back to visit because the place and people really mean so much to us!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Kim G

Disclaimer - I am reviewing a visit to the venue. I did not have my wedding there. My fiancee and I visited Penthouse 808. We really want a non-traditional venue and are considering many places between Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. We had a 3 p.m. appointment on a Sunday.... Read More We were about 10 minutes behind schedule. When we arrived, we had to pay $20 to valet our car without warning because of a Hulu shoot going on that day. We had to speak to 3 different people over the course of 30 minutes before someone actually came down to see us and show us around She showed us each room and told us about the details of each. The rooftop (Penthouse 808) was very nice. But the pictures we saw online carefully avoid showing the big power plant directly across the street that is in clear view from the roof. After waiting almost 30 minutes, our entire meeting was under 20 minutes. At no point did we get to sit down to discuss the menu, options, dates, or pricing. And the woman showing us around kept mistaking our proposed wedding date (couldn't even get the year right). When looking for a venue, you want to feel prioritized and important. I couldn't believe the level of service we received from a place that seems to be highly regarded by the reviews we've seen. Would've been a 1 star if I didn't really like the design of the rooftop.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Christie V

My husband and I used The Ravel for our room block for our wedding we held at a different venue. From start to finish our interactions with Julissa were great. Whether in person or through phone or email she answered all our questions and helped us along the way. Once we got to... Read More our stay at the hotel we also have nothing, but good things to say about the staff and how they helped us feel at home the night before and the day of our wedding. Us being from out of town and making sure our guests were comfortable was a concern, but everything was great and they put our minds at ease. We would recommend the hotel and working with Julissa. We could not be happier with the outcome of using the Ravel for our room block.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Courtney C

I feel compelled to write a review here, even though Penthouse 808 is not the venue my fiance and I are ultimately choosing another venue for our wedding reception. Honestly, Penthouse 808 and their team, Jenny, Betsy, and Elyse especially, were so extremely prompt, courteous,... Read More and prepared. Within 24 hours of emailing my initial inquiry, Elyse responded to me with a quote, which not only was very reasonable; but thorough. They were quickly accommodating in scheduling a venue tour with us; as well. During the tour, Betsy was very organized--she was prepared with an ipad of photos, and answered all questions for us. Though we did not use them as a vendor, I do recommend them based on their customer service; and, they surely do offer excellent wedding packages at a reasonable cost!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Danny P

The team at the Ravel Hotel/Penthouse 808 made planning our wedding as easy as can be. We had both our ceremony and reception in the Penthouse 808 space and you would have thought we spent far more than we did. We, along with our guests, were beyond impressed with the venue, the... Read More food, and the décor. Everyone had a blast celebrating our big day. Betsy and Delores were attentive, accommodating, creative, and beyond helpful in the weeks and months leading up to our wedding day. The team worked seamlessly with us (the grooms) and our wedding coordinator, Melinda—who happened to be LA-based—to ensure a wedding to remember. The same can be said for their coordination and collaboration with our photographers, DJ, and photo booth vendors. The day of our ceremony and reception went off without a flaw. The team worked hand-in-hand with our wedding coordinator to make sure everything thing was buttoned up—timeline, vendor arrivals and setup, and the flow from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner and dancing. The view of the east side of Manhattan was the perfect backdrop for the evening. The Penthouse space is larger than it seems and accommodated our ceremony and reception perfectly. When guests returned to the main space from cocktail hour (hosted on the upper level) they were stunned with the elegant transformation of the room. Lastly, it is important to note that as a gay couple we felt 100% comfortable with the entire Ravel team—from management, the events team, wait staff, and hotel staff. They “get it” and made us feel not only welcomed, but that we belonged. For context it is important to note that we got married on October 14, 2016 (a sunny and average autumn Friday with highs in the mid-60s, lows in the mid-50s) and our guest count was 160 (the space would have fit comfortably 200).

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 John A

We had such a wonderful and very memorable wedding reception at Penthouse 808 at the Ravel Hotel in October, so much so that it was worth sharing in a review. All of the staff at the event were courteous and thorough in carrying out their various duties. + The rooftop venue... Read More itself provides incredible and stunning views of the NYC eastside skyline, the 59th Street Bridge, and also amazing east river sunsets. We held our wedding in mid-October. Cocktail hour is at a separate Observation deck level which allows guests both indoor and outdoor views and relaxation as they enjoy the scenery and a beverage….multiple bars were set up for this portion of the reception. The reception and dinner is held at a slightly lower rooftop level which has a retractable rooftop that adds a stunning layer of class and beauty. Most of our 180 guests continue to talk about it today. As the evening went on, the retractable roof was closed as it was starting to get chilly. Anyway, so the venue and it’s unique accessories alone made us excited about hosting our reception there; However, it was working with Elyse Williams during the initial contract process, for the better part of an entire year leading up to the event, and during the critical last couple of days, that really made our experience here over the top. We came away with great pictures, glowing comments from our guests, and above all, great memories. Elyse was very knowledgeable in her event planning and very meticulous in the project management of all aspects of the event. She was very thorough and cordial in all email, phone and in-person conversations for the entire year of our planning. She provided guidance and examples of other layouts and choices whenever we sought them out from her, and She also worked easily and thoroughly with all of our vendors before and during the reception. Elyse and the other staff members at Ravel did a great job in: • Designing and displaying a great layout which fully mimicked and met our prior discussions and in some cases (as with the observation deck), surpassed them. • Curating our Menu Selection and enabling us to have multiple people at the tasting and to walkthrough the venue • Assisting in linen selections and various other design requests • They seamlessly managed the random “day-of” situations and issues immediately and with great care. • They were very aware of the VIP guests at the wedding reception and did well to treat them with great regard and respect • Lastly, they addressed all of our one-off “day-of” requests and changes immediately and without a hitch. For us hosting our reception at Penthouse808 we were also granted a complimentary suite for the day which came stocked with many complimentary amenities. Overall we couldn’t have been happier with the day and would enthusiastically recommend this venue for anyone planning a special event!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Danielle S

PH 808 really made my day more special then I could ever dream of. The service, food and the overall place itself was outstanding!! The Hotel suites are beautiful and so big for my bridal party to come and get ready and relax!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 daisy W

sdfasdfa a dfa df a fas

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Johanne J

I got married at Penthouse808 last weekend and I have to say it was the most amazing service we could ever have hoped for! The staff and managers were amazing, helpful and very flexible with all of our requests. Not to mention that the view was breathtaking, our guests were... Read More amazed!! And the food was incredible! Nothing bad I can say. I recommend 100% if you are looking for a wedding venue, they did a fantastic job from planning to executing. So happy they were part of the best day of our lives!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Nadia R

I want to thank the Ravel Hotel for all they did to make our wedding day special for us. Elyse our coordinator made sure we were well taken care of and was there for us every step of the planning process to the end of our reception. We couldn't have asked for a better... Read More coordinator for our special day.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 AprilJoy C

I must say, this venue was amazing. When my husband and I booked this venue in June 2014 under the event manager, Mark, we knew the place was undergoing renovations and we were promised that it would be finished by our wedding date in October 2015. During the whole affair, we... Read More did go through a couple other event managers and this made us very nervous, but as soon as we met with Elyse Williams, all our fears disappeared. She was attentive to all my emails and questions during the planning process and on the day of my wedding, was on top of everything. We did have a few tiny issues, but they were rectified in the end. Everyone absolutely loved my venue-- the sights was as I expected it to be-- classy and elegant with the urban landscape I feel perfectly describes my take on NYC. The food was amazing, and the staff were wonderful. I wish I could name the delightful bartender who brought my husband and I plates of food and drinks to us as we were too busy trying to greet every single guest during cocktail hour. Also, everyone who worked the Ravel Hotel part of my planning (room reservations), was amazing. Thank god for Sandra and Julissa for making everything so easy for me!! If i were to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a single thing.

Fun stay

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Liz s

My wedding stayed at the Ravel. We were a bit worried because of the construction and bad reviews, but I liked the look of the hotel and liked it much more than other local hotels. The service was good and the rooms were clean and very nice. The only downside is the noise... Read More from the club. We were on the 4th floor and the music and bass from the club was very loud, until about 4 am. Luckily I slept the night before my wedding. If that doesn't bother you I'd highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 briana f

THIS VENUE GAVE ME THE MOST PERFECT WEDDING ANYONE COULD EVER ASK FOR. From the first time ever going to see Penthouse 808, until closing down the place at 4 am the night of my wedding, every single person in their staff was diligent, incredibly attentive, enthusiastic and... Read More detail-oriented. Benny, the manager, went above and beyond to make sure everything went immaculately during the reception. He led the staff to be so prepared for the wedding. Not only is he an awesome manager but just a great person. Elise, the event planner, was there for each step of the planning process and was meticulous in the execution of the actual wedding day. The staff was amazing. People cannot stop talking about how many people were there assisting to make the day run smoothly. They joked that they barely finished a drink before someone came running up to them offering them another. The attitude of the staff was enthusiastic and they seemed to really enjoy working! Being a cocktail style wedding, the food was abundant. Everyone was raving about the variety and quality of each and every station available. It was an absolute party! From start to end, the energy was incredible. How can you beat that view? As for the Ravel Hotel, I had about 25 rooms booked and the guests loved the accommodations. The front desk was extremely helpful and made sure that everyone was satisfied. They were always smiling and set the tone for guests as they arrived. I couldn't ask for anything more than what Penthouse 808 gave me. It is a day that me, my husband, and all my guests will never forget. We set the bar high and I'm not saying this because it was my wedding but...it was the best I have ever been to. Really just amazing!

Sad, Heartbroken, Betrayed

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Brandi D

We went through 4 event planners during our year of planning our wedding at Penthouse 808. Each one we told the key points of what we wanted for our wedding. And each time we would explain why we booked the venue. After we booked and signed the contract there was so much... Read More confusion going between all the coordinators and they never told their predecessor what we were working towards. But now we were locked in and we couldn’t back out. When we got to the actual day we were both a mess, stressed and nervous. We never got a run thru. When the wedding started the sound system didn’t work correctly with our playlist and kept cutting out (which a sound check would have helped but we were told we didn’t need it) the time line was a mess and my husband and I were running around trying to keep things together. We were promised that the items we wanted such a jameson, jack daniels, bacardi, (mid shelf) was a part of our package. Later, we found out that our GUESTS WERE ACTUALLY PAYING FOR THIS. The worst part was that at 9:56, 4 minutes until the wedding ended the planner asked if we wanted to do the bouquet toss, I agreed and she literally reached over and pulled out the plug from the iPad. No warning, no asking to get our MC to tell people just family and friends on the dance floor stuck. I quickly got the mic and made an announcement. After the toss the staff started removing the belongings of our guests and put them in the club tables without asking anyone, and when my husband asked the wedding planer to put music on in the interim she refused until club guests came in. Our guests stood around and half left without us being able to say goodbye because of how unorganized they were. No one knew what was happening. WHY did we book this venue? What happened to the promises. At first when we talked to James the CFO, he agreed that what happened at our wedding was wrong and he seemed apologetic to what happened, but later we were told that the promises made to us were made from event planners they fired, and although we paid for a service we did not receive, they wouldn’t refund anything. Granted I had the emails showing the promises THIER staff made, they were irrelevant to them. I booked based on these promises and when they didn’t keep their word it was us who lost out. And worse yet the CFO and Owner of the hotel literally do not care. We paid, they got our money, and although we didn’t get 2/3 of what we wanted we were attached through a vague contract. If I were to be able to do it all again, I would without question have chosen another venue. I will say that the only person we spoke to that seemed helpful and empathetic to us was Clester the GM of the hotel. But nothing was actually in his control unfortunately.

Great Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Katie M

If you're looking for something different from your typical catering hall at a very reasonable price look no further! Even though they were under construction, we booked our date and signed our contract with Natassa, who was incredibly sweet and professional, when all of a... Read More sudden she was no longer with Penthouse. Now this threw me for a loop and I was afraid that all my wedding details would be lost. My fears were quickly put to bed when I met Karina and Mark. They were on top of everything and were very up front with construction updates. The whole wedding went off without a hitch and I wouldn't do a single thing differently. Oh, and did I mention the food was OUTSTANDING! My husband and I are vegan and the chef did an amazing job blending vegan options for us while providing delicious, non-vegan food for our guests. Overall, it was everything I had wanted for my wedding.

Picture Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Tamelia S

I stepped out of the elevator on the 6th floor, looked straight ahead and fell in love! I am talking about the Penthouse 8-08 at The Ravel Hotel. The memorizing view was enough to soldify the deal, and I hadn't even talked to the Event Director and priced it out! Aside from... Read More the view, because I can go on and on about that, the coordinators are awesome and attentive. Responses to my EVERY questions were quickly answered and also solved within a day. I felt at ease when planning my wedding. They provided practical suggestions that would make my wedding not only look amazing in pictures, but feel that way as well. The food was A.MA.ZING! The guests actually continue to rave about cocktail hour. From the chicken and waffle kabobs to the cinnamon crust lamb chops, every single item on the menu was delicious. What's great food without OPEN BAR! My guests definitely enjoyed that part as well, and with our specialty cocktail drink that matched the color theme of the wedding, I was extremely pleased. The hotel was the perfect addition. My out of town guests who had never been to New York utilized the hotel rooms. They felt comfortable and were treated like royalty. If I could get married again, I would have it at the Penthouse 8-08, in fact, if you are getting married that is the number one place you should consider. Between the amazing view, attentive event coordinators, and the hotel, you really can't go wrong! Trust me!

few bumps in the road but great venue.

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Nicole T

Everyone loved our venue. Said it was one of the best views they have seen. We went through a lot of stuff during the planning process though. Hopefully now they have all of the kinks worked out. We originally booked this spot last summer with Natassa (name who you see in other... Read More reviews). They were under construction and we saw images of what the new roof top and new building next door would look like, est time completed May 2014. It looked amazing and she gave us a great under construction price. we guaranteed 150 guests. Slowly her email contact became less and less and she was out of the office more often. I finally was told in Jan. that none of the construction of the other building is going to be finished in time for my wedding. So heart broken. They assured me that the roof top renovations would be finished and we could fit all 150 guest on the roof. We go to see the venue again and was told that Natassa was no longer working with the venue. This is when I met Karina. The only reason why I gave 4 stars over 3 was because of her. She answered every annoying email promptly and made me feel like I was good hands. Months go by and we finally see the finished rooftop and it looked incredible.We think this will end up even better. We sit down for a tasting with Karina and Mark (20 days before wedding). Mark is pushy and just really doesn't seem to have a good personality. His one purpose seems to be to get more money out of you. He was always the bearer of bad news. He is a salesman. I was told my contract wasn't for 150 guest but 100 guest and we owed another $9000. We didn't know what to do we didn't have that money. How come no one noticed this months ago. I re read over the contract and see that in fact my contract was based on 150 guest. They had no choice but to honor the price on the contract. (make sure to read over everything and get things in writing). We go for our last appointment and the roof top is now enclosed because it has been getting colder. I was not happy with this because half of the beautiful view is covered by plastic windows and brown bars. At this point I couldn't get angry or upset anymore and just excepted that. The day of the wedding everything went pretty smooth. Karina was my bridal attendant and she went above and beyond to make everything amazinnnnnggg that day. The only thing that went wrong on the actual day was that my dj wanted to set up his own equipment but the Ravel said to use theirs because of the quick turn over to night club at 1030, So the dj listened and then the Ravels microphone didn't work for 90% of the night. My MC was unable to do his job and the best man/maid of honor speeches weren't heard. If a mic not working was the only thing that went wrong after everything we have been through with this place I was happy. It ended up being an amazing venue. Food was great! Bartenders and service was great. Karina was incredible. She made sure we had everything we needed and she set up everything exactly how I envisioned it. I would recommend this place because of her and the view. The breakfast on Sunday was great and Stephanie who did the room blocks was very accommodating as well. Full renovations are going to be done in 2015 then it will look even more incredible.

FEW BUMPS IN THE ROAD BUT GREAT VENUE

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Nicole T

Dream come True- Wedding 09/06/2014

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Keri M

Words can not describe the amazing job Ravel Hotel did, to help make our wedding day unforgettable. Every single staff member went above and beyond and are very grateful for all their help. We had the pleasure of working with Mark - Event Planner and Jordann - Assistant event... Read More planner. They both took their time and really capture all those small details to make our day so special. Our experience with the food was delicious. We have many of our guest now returning there for dinner on a regular basis and have nothing but great things to say about every dish they get. We do not have any negative things to say about this venue because everyone work incredibly hard and it truly showed. We highly recommend this venue to those who are looking for a spectacular view, and a unique feel to share with all their loved one's.

A lot of talk with little action

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Andrea G

We were looking for a location that would make for a great party, had good food and was a good budget venue. We reserved Ravel in June 2013 for a June 2014 wedding with the understand that the venue would be completely renovated and have multiple locations within the hotel to... Read More hold our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Once the papers were signed and the deposit was cashed we did not hear from them again without having to hunt them down for updates on construction. They fired their events manager 8 months later and told us that they would make up for the lack of communication that the location would not be ready for our wedding, but they had at least a couple of spaces we could use. Frank changed what he was willing to give us every time we meet with him and when I confronted Mark that I recorded every conversation with him promising us to make up for what they couldn't provide us when we first signed our contract. We eventually were slightly compensated, but not without stress and a fight. The weekend of the wedding we dealt with a couple of rude men at the front desk who were not accommodating to myself or our guests when I asked them about the shuttle (during shuttle hours). The bridal attendant (who I was told leading up to the wedding would be there all day to help with anything) didn't show up until 4 when the wedding started at 6. They hung dead plants from the roof which ruined pictures of the skyline that we wanted for the ceremony. The roof was closed which also blocked the skyline without my approval. They never covered the Penthouse808 sign that is on the roof that they told us repeatedly that they would, so I great deal of my photos have that listed in the background. We also got the DJ through the hotel with rave reviews from them and were told they were going to charge us $750 in November and then in April it jumped to $1000. We had to fight for the price to be brought down to what we originally agreed to. Then at the wedding DJ 9PM played every song/artist I listed on my DO NOT play list and kept on saying, "Welcome to Ravel Hotel's Penthouse808!" Not welcome to Mike & Andrea's wedding, it was like he was DJ their nightclub. Our wedding ended at 11pm and at 10 they started breaking down the location to transform to their nightclub. Asking our guest to move so they can take tables away. You will be pulled in by the beautiful skyline, but don't waste your time and money on these people. It is not worth the stress and every bride deserves to feel like they are being listened to and will have the wedding of their dreams!

Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Maureen A

This is a fantastic option for an outdoor wedding. The beauty of the venue is that there is a retractable glass roof top enclosure that can put you at ease in case it were to rain. The backdrop is NYC and honestly you don't have to do much in the way of decor to wow your... Read More guests. The staff is amazing. I dealt with Meagan mostly prior to the event. She handled the contract, booking rooms at the hotel, etc. The day of the event Natassa was in charge. She coordinated my vendors so that things ran smoothly. I can honestly say I was not in any way stressed thanks to these two ladies. It really was an amazing day. Also, we had one of the largest ceremonies they have had there. We had chairs set up and left the lounge booths in the back. Gave the place a really nice feel and still felt quite intimate. I would definitely highly recommend the venue and if our guest number and been smaller I would've loved to have my reception there as well!

Amazing View, Even MORE Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013

We were at the end of our rope looking for a venue in or around NYC that was amazing and fit our budget.... I began the search ALL over again after being completely disappointed with other venues. We went to Penthouse808 and met with Natassa. She was SO accommodating and... Read More positive from the beginning. She is high energy and thinks outside of the box to make EVERYTHING work. The communication is so quick and we booked the venue within a week or so, had an AMAZING tasting and they NAILED the food. My husband and I are both foodies so the menu was VERY important. They worked with us to shift things around and make even the menu personal. We went to the venue 3 or 4 times, with siblings, parents, and to do walk throughs of the timeline. Natassa, Meagan and Katrina are all SO responsive and professional. Not to mention amazing ladies that we will continue to hang out with even though the wedding is over! Did we mention the view??? We had an amazing evening wedding with perfect weather (even if not, we had a game plan) Our guests were all blown away with the city skyline, the bridge, the lights... Our friends and family are still talking about it! We would recommend Penthouse808 to anyone looking for a seamless planning experience with the utmost professionalism and flexibility. Thanks Penthouse808 & Team! Xox Michael & Sara

Unforgettable

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Vivian

Can't say enough good things about Natassa. We had our rooftop wedding here and from the start Natassa was genuinely involved and flawlessly executed one amazing evening. We chose the place for the location and view, and we were sold on the menu, hands down the search was over.... Read More I had a DIY wedding and unknowingly inherited a wedding planner/event coordinator in Natassa who was with us through every step of planning the big day at Ravel. Here, you can get away from the packaged, outdated cookie-cut catering halls and have a truly unique, completely customizable, outside the box wedding here. A HUGE applause for the Ravel and Natassa, really can't thank them enough.