The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Regal Ballroom in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is no stranger to pageantry and spectacle, having once served as the neighborhood's popular vaudeville and movie theaters. Located just off Roosevelt Boulevard on Oxford Avenue, the venue is both easily reached and immediately recognizable—characterized by its bright, clean and classic movie theater facade. The venue hosts wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Grand Ballroom. The sense of Old World occasion continues into the spacious lobby and Grand Ballroom venue beyond, immediately wowing guests with its 30-foot ceilings and spectacular crystal chandeliers. The Regal Ballroom has space for up to 400 guests with a large dance floor, but it can be split into two smaller spaces, identified as the Oxford and Curtis ballrooms, each with a capacity of 170.

Catering is handled in-house; however outside vendors are welcome for specialist or ethnic cuisines that the venue cannot provide. Outside vendors are recommended for flowers, with suggestions provided by the venue. Linens, tableware and candelabra centerpieces are included in the wedding packages, along with a choice of a three- or four-tier wedding cake from Chestnut Hill's Bredenbeck's Bakery. State sales tax, service charges and gratuities are all included in the price per person and a seasonal discount is available December through April.

An hour for a ceremony can be added before the reception for an additional fee, which covers rehearsal time on the Wednesday or Thursday before the day. Also covered by the ceremony fee is a chapel-style room setup with drapery and a candle table, although candles are not provided.

There are minimum guest requirements for the use of the Grand Ballroom, either in its entirety or one of its subdivisions. On Fridays and Sundays, the ballroom may only be rented in part for 100 to 170 guests, while on Saturdays the requirement is 125 to 170. The minimum guest count to rent the entire Grand Ballroom is always 185 regardless of the day.

An initial deposit is payable to secure the date, followed 90 days later by a second deposit, then half of the total wedding cost no later than six months in advance of the event. The balance is payable 10 days in advance. Alternatively, couples can opt to keep a credit card on file and, following the initial deposit, pay in monthly installments, with the balance again payable 10 days in advance.

There are several perks at the Grand Ballroom to make the event feel even more special. These include:

• Complimentary valet parking
  • Red carpet and velvet rope entrance
  • Complimentary bridal suite with butler
  • Custom color up-lighting
  • Custom wall light monogram

Center City Chic in the Northeast......

Come and experience our new ballroom to begin your new lives together. We have transformed the once Regal Theatre into the Regal Ballroom adorned with thirty-foot ceilings and four beautifully adorned crystal chandeliers, every element has been transformed, complete with designer facilities.

Ballroom

5411 Oxford Ave, Philadelphia, PA (215) 744-4466
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Ashley S

HEY, YOU! Yes, you. Let me guess. You're searching for the perfect location for your wedding reception. How do I know this? Because that was me just 6 short months ago. Now I am here to say CONGRATULATIONS! Not for your engagement (although that's great too), but because you've... Read More just stumbled across the BEST place possible to have it. My husband and I just held our wedding reception at the Regal Ballroom this past Saturday and I couldn't get to my computer fast enough to write a review. From start to finish our wedding day was PERFECT and we have Chris and his amazing staff to thank for that. Still not convinced? Here is why you absolutely need to hold your wedding and/or reception here: 1. Chris is a Wedding genius. He knows what is trending, classy and elegant. I barely lifted a finger and it looked like I've been prepping for this day my entire life because of his and his staff's hard work. 2. The venue is SPECTACULAR. I have some goofy looking family members and even they looked good with this backdrop! (Just kidding...ya know...kind of.) 3. THE FOOD IS TO DIE FOR. I have relatives that own their own catering business and even they were raving! You'll wake up wishing you had left overs or an extra stomach because you didn't have the chance to try every type of food there. 4. The staff are the nicest people you'll ever want to meet. They are professional, courteous and on top of every detail. My husband and I mentioned the drink we would like to have once and I couldn't even completely finish one before someone was putting another one in front of me. Talk about spoiled! 5. JUST LOOK AT WHAT IS INCLUDED IN HIS WEDDING PACKAGES and then try to find me another venue that can match everything he offers. Gorgeous centerpieces? Done. A cake you'll want to eat every day for the rest of your life from Bredenbecks? Done. Open bar with every liquor your crazy uncle will love? Done. Valet parking to make your guests feel like royalty? Done. SURPRISE CHEESESTEAKS FOR YOUR GUESTS? Done. Do I even have to go on? If you are still not sure, please feel free to contact myself or the over 100 guests at my wedding. We would be happy to continue to convince you. Meanwhile, I'll be off trying to figure out how to sneak a sixth star on to this overall rating. In all seriousness, thank you so much to Chris and his phenomenal staff. You blew my childhood wedding fantasies out of the water and I can't tell you how much that means to myself, my husband and our family and friends. The best day of my life took place in your ballroom and I will truly cherish that forever. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

2016-04-20T13:30:06 Response from the vendor

Wow! Ashley, they is the best review that I have ever read or received - if there was an award for best review, you would win hands down, 10 times over! I had to take a few days to respond to ensure your review's worthiness.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Melissa V

A special thanks to Chris, Netty and the whole entire staff. On September 4, 2016 my husband and I got married at the Regal Ballroom. We couldn't had picked a better venue to celebrate our union. From the first time we seen the venue we fell in love with the place. Chris was... Read More amazing throughout our whole process. He was always available when we needed him as well as answered all our questions promptly and reassured us that him and his staff will make our special day a unforgettable one. Chris and his whole staff exceeded our expectations.We don't even know where to start from the food to the decor,that was breathtaking and beautiful to the way they treated our family and friends and how attentiveness they were with me and my husband. Our family and friends are still talking about our wedding and how beautiful everything was. From the ceremony to the reception everything was phenomenal. Wow so many great things we have to say about our special day and the people we picked to make it extra special! My husband and I truly appreciate Chris going above and beyond to make our day a memorable one. Netty was amazing she made our day flawless, she took very good care of us the whole night. Chris and Netty weren't just vendors to us they also became our friends through out our whole process which made it much easier on our wedding day! Thank you so much Chris and Netty!! A few words from my husband to Chris thank you for toasting with me and making that Jawn the best day eveeerrrrr! Melissa & Moises

2016-09-20T09:24:10 Response from the vendor

Hi Melissa & Moises! I was so happy to read your review & I didn't even have to pay you for your compliments, lol! It is true though, you both came in as strangers and left as friends and family. Your wedding was a great... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/18/2016

Hi, I had my Vowel Renewal at the Regal Ballroom last week, June 11, 2016. It was spectacular! Nette and the rest of the staff had no problem keeping up with my family. She was so impressive; patient, kind, understanding, professional. The hall was beautiful and the food... Read More was absolutely delicious. My family was so impressed with Nette and hall. I was so happy, I'm still smiling about the night, grinning every time I think of it. - My husband Franklyn is usually not easily impressed (he worked in the catering business for many years), but on the night of the 11th, he had no complaints; he loved Nette and he thought the food was delicious. Thank you Regal Ballroom!

2016-06-18T11:59:31 Response from the vendor

Hi Judith & Franklyn - I am so happy that Netty took great care of you on your day - My team definitely makes me look great! I would not want to do it without them! I am so happy that Franklyn was impressed, as... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Cynthia R

My wedding reception took place on June 04, 2016. The reception was phenomonal!!! Nette was so helpful, friendly, awesome, etc. I can go on and on. She was so accomodating making sure that I was taken care of. Tracy was so helpful as well. Everyone that came to the wedding... Read More could not stop talking about the Regal ballroom. People have said that it was so beautiful and did not realize how big the place was. Also, people loved the food. Everything was so delicious from appetizers to the dessert. I was so busy that the hubby and I did not get to eat. However, Nette made sure to pack us to go plates and we sure ate later that night. I can attest that the food was awesome! On another note, my now husband could not get over the big chairs. He swore that he was a King. He did not want to get out of the seat, lol. All in all, I just wanted to say huge thank you to you and your entire team for making the wedding reception perfect! If I have any future parties, I will definitely utilize the Regal Ballroom again. I believe that other individuals that attended my wedding will also utilize the Regal Ballroom in the future.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

I know many people have written reviews about the Regal Ballroom, but I would like to add mine. My friend Chris truly went above and beyond our expectations. My daughter Alison's wedding was held there this past Saturday and from the day we booked until May 14th, Chris was... Read More always there and available to answer any questions we had and offer expert opinions. When we arrived to the hall, we were met with umbrellas because it had started to rain. Arriving in the Bridal Suite, we were just amazed to see all the beautiful hor'dourves and chilled champagne all ready for us!! The hall looked perfect and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Not one, but every single one of our guests told us how delicious the food was. And not a single one went home hungry. So, a sincere Thank You to Chris and his staff for making our day everything we dreamed it would be. We will let anyone we know to go see you before gong anywhere else.

2016-05-18T15:26:24 Response from the vendor

Hi Eileen and the Bickel/Lutz clan. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write such a wonderful review. My staff are truly the people to thank, they make me look good and I couldn't do it without them. I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Kate T

My husband and I got married and had our reception here on 3/19/16. It was absolutely beautiful! I had a few hiccups (transportation related) prior to the ceremony but Chris and his staff kept me calm and assured me everything would be fine (which it was!). The venue is... Read More beautiful, the food was so delicious (guests are still talking about it!), the staff was super attentive to us throughout the entire night. We added the cheesesteak bar at the end of the night which was a HUGE HIT. Not to mention, you can't go wrong with a wedding cake from Brendenbecks- the best! Chris & staff, thanks for such a memorable and beautiful night! We can't thank you enough =)

2016-03-31T16:44:21 Response from the vendor

Hi Kate & John, I was so happy to read your review! It truly was our pleasure to host your wedding day: your family and friends created such a perfect atmosphere to celebrate such a perfect day. We truly hope to have the distinct pleasure... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

If you want a beautiful, classy, elegant, wedding with excellent food and extreme customer service, this is the venue for you. Me and my wife got married 9/18/15. We wanted our wedding to be a night to remember, and that is a HUGE understatement. This venue is STUNNING!!!!... Read More It left nothing for the imagination. People are still talking about our wedding a month later and how this was the best wedding they have ever been to. I have heard reviews on how this was a Tyler Perry wedding in person. And the staff....Chris, Marianne, Nettie, EVERYONE was sooooooo wonderful. Nettie made my day flawless. She made sure we had drinks full, food served, and nothing wrong. You get so many perks with having this venue for your day. We're even going to use this venue for future parties. We hated for our day to end. You get to pick linens, uplighting, floor plan, everything. And OMG, the food is AMAZING!!!! There was so much food and desserts.... Our guests were so full from the cocktail hour, that they barely had room for all the delicious food from the reception. And the desserts were soooooooo good. The cake was excellent too. Chris was very honest with his suggestions. With this being my first wedding, I wanted everything to be perfect. But I also didn't want to feel like we were being taken advantage of. Chris was very honest with his suggestions on what he felt would make our day great. From the food tasting to the actual day. He was superb. He made me feel like family. He took care of us as if we were his own family. Even the food tasting, he gave us extra to make sure we picked the right entree'. He and Marianne answered every question, every email, and if not available, they were swift to get back to us. Nettie, that is my GIRL. She knows how to treat you right. She made me feel so very good, and like I said, she kept the drinks flowing. I wanted for nothing, not even for my comfy shoes. She made a way for me. I wanted to come down the aisle, and she made it go without a hitch. I want to get married all over again. I've seen a lot of brides so tired, that by the time the wedding day comes, they just want it to be over. Well, if you pick this venue for your day, you will want to do it over and over again. I can't wait to have another event there, just to have the excellent service, the beautiful venue, and the food. We couldn't ask for anything more. They left nothing unturned. Our expectations were far exceeded. I miss calling and planning. Even provide valet parking. You can't get better than Regal Ballroom!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Michelle M

I just wanted to say thank you to Chris and the staff at the Regal Ballroom for making our wedding a night to remember. The staff was super attentive with us and our guests the whole night. Chris was an absolute pleasure to work with. Throughout the whole process he would answer... Read More all my million and one emails the very same day. He definitly helped making the wedding process run smoothly for us. Our guests are still talking about the wedding a month later. They had a great time. They keep talking about how excellent the food was and how everything was so beautifully executed that night. The venue in itself is breathtaking you will fall in love the minute you walk through the doors. I cant express how happy I am with how everything turned out. THANK YOU! -Michelle & Kelinton Tejada

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Marybeth K

I would like to start by thanking the entire Regal Ballroom: Chris and his hardworking staff, for giving us a great wedding reception. The day was perfect to begin with and the hall did a fantastic job to end our night! When we first met with Chris he was very warm and... Read More genuine, which I appreciated. After visiting a few other venues, it was a relief to speak to someone who was there not to haggle, but to make sure that we were going to be accommodated and have a package to best fit our needs. We had a total of 313 guests. The venue fit everyone comfortably with a large dance floor. Although we barely ate at the reception due to excitement, our guests raved about the food - from the hors d'oeuvres, to the buffet meals, to the dessert. (We knew how well the food would be after our taste testing, my only regret is I didn't eat more at the time!) The entire night went as smooth as I had hoped. A large majority of that was courtesy of the time and planning that Chris put into the evening prior to the event. Chris made sure all of the details we wanted for our wedding were in place. He answered many questions I had over the course of planning and was always accessible to reach. He looked out for us, and had our best interests at heart. He took our concerns, opinions, and suggestions with ease finding solutions and answers for all them. He made himself available to me, even at late hours of the evening, the night before my wedding. I am so glad we choose the Regal. We felt at home and so did our guests. Chris, thank you for being the kind person you are, and for giving us a beautiful wedding event. Love, Marybeth & Colin and the Kihm's and the Kilkenny's (PS - I heard the coffee was on constant flow at VIP tables! Way to go...!)

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 nina r

My husband and I got married last month and it's still a hit with our family and friends! It was decorated beautifully, the food was phenomenal, and everyone was so helpful! I'm so happy we chose to have our wedding here. I have 0 complaints! It really was the best experience!... Read More If you're looking to get married at a venue.....don't waste your time looking any further. Come to Regal Ballroom!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Crystal S

My wedding was on 9/6/15.It was the most beautiful day EVER! I had my ceremony and reception there. The staff was very attentive and professional. I couldn't have chosen a better place! My guests are still talking about my wedding! From the free valet parking to the great... Read More tasting food! The venue itself is classy, sophisticated, and upscale. The food was delectable to say the least. Chris was the best! He answered all of my questions and he made sure that my day was exactly how I wanted it.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 LaTosha L

What can I say about this wonderful establishment, it's owner, and staff! Chris made my wedding planning so smooth and effortless. He answered all of my questions with a smile. His staff was so pleasant and professional. The food that I did get a chance to eat, was GREAT!!! My... Read More guest are still talking about the reception, how beautiful the venue was, how professional the staff was, the food, just everything!!! Chris, Anthony and I appreciate EVERYTHING that you've done for us! We have to create another event to book your venue..lol Love, The Boykin's 9-4-15

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 ashleigh l

My husband and i had our wedding at the regal ballroom in July and our experience with these guys was amazing. From our first meeting with Chris to all the emails i sent him with 1000 questions to our big day these guys were absolutely amazing. Chris and his staff worked very... Read More hard to make our day a day to be remembered and it was. People to this day are still telling me how amazing our wedding was. Everyone loved the food and it was alot of it. Thanks for making our wedding day unforgettable! We looking forward to have our 10 year anniversary vow renewal with you guys !!

The Regal Ballroom is amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Sering w

I had my ceremony and reception at the Regal Ballroom On July 10, 2015 and My day was everything I'd imagine and more! Chris and his staff are phenomenal! Chris's mother is extra sweet! Netta was brilliant she dealt with all my craziness and even the bridal party's craziness and... Read More was very attentive! My Bridal Party bragged about how great she was. Even though I didn't bother Chris as much but when I did he always came back with a quick response. He's really nice and easy going. We chose the Regal Ballroom for convenience, for intimacy, and for the Regal feel, but we also received exceptional service. The Regal Ballroom definitely lived up to our expectations. Our guests are still talking about how gorgeous everything was.its defintely a Regal Gem!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Syreeta G

I got married on August 7, 2015 at the Regal Ballroom and I couldn't be more pleased. I had my ceremony and reception there and it was absolutely beautiful. The service was extremely good, and I got so many compliments on the food and the overall ambiance. The staff was very... Read More professional. A special shout out to Nettie, who was me and my husband's personal go to. She was extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/03/2015

No! Stress, The staff at the Regal Ballroom were great I was at ease. I had my reception there April 2, 2015 and it was such a sunny day and the services provided were superb. My family and friends are still talking about the tasty food and the lovely decor inside. As a bride... Read More the bridal suite the have made me feel so relax and I was provided with a code only the wedding party had access too so we could prepare for the rest of the night. My husband and I truly enjoyed ourselvessn and would highly recommend the Regal ballroom to any couple looking to have a beautiful wedding. -Mrs. Martin

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Staci Z

On June 7, 2015 I married my best friend in the most amazing venue. Our wedding ceremony and reception could not have been anymore perfect! We along with everyone that attended our wedding, absolutely LOVE the Regal Ballroom!!! I was really ready to give up on finding a... Read More wedding venue when I found this one. It was the last stop on our list and I wasn't even in the mood to look at another place. From the moment we walked through the door we knew it was the one!! It was SO beautiful and very clean!! A huge weight felt lifted, but I still didn't want to get my hopes up. Then we were greeted by Chris, the owner. Talk about great guy! He was so friendly and very accommodating. He answered all of my questions and concerns without any annoyance or hesitation. (Trust me I ask a lot of questions!! )You can tell how much Chris cares about his venue, his staff, you, your guests and every aspect of YOUR special day! The food. OMG the food!! The food was and still is raved about by everyone. I only wish that I ate more. That was ALL me though, not the venue. We were well taken care of with plenty of food and drinks in the bridal suite, actually handed food (and drinks) at cocktail hour and had full plates of everything at our table. I can't even begin to thank the Regal Ballroom staff enough for everything that they did for us from the day we found them to the moment we left our wedding. If I had a question I could call or email them and I was answered in a timely manner and very politely. I hope this review reaches as many people as possible so that they can have a as perfect of a wedding as we did. Thank you Chris and your wonderful staff at the Regal Ballroom! You were all amazing!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Bridget M

What else can I really say about the Regal Ballroom, Chris, & his staff except for WOW! From the minute we sat down with Chris to go over their packages we instantly knew this was the place for us. Chris was extremely helpful and down-to-earth when it came to making our wedding... Read More reception dreams a reality. There was no hidden costs which I loved the price included all taxes, and gratuity so we knew exactly how much we were going to be spending without having any extra fees pop up last minute. Everything was exceptional from the lighting, decor, valet, waitstaff, and bartenders! The food was absolutely out of this world, I made it a point to try mostly everything since I've heard so many brides say they didn't even eat at their wedding. Not one of my guests had a negative comment to say, and everyone raved about the food (had around 260 guests I believe give or take) The attention to detail was magnificent, and having Chris there to oversee everything was just an extra reassurance that everything would be spot on. I truly felt as though the staff at the Regal Ballroom cared to make my day as perfect as I had dreamed of it being. I cannot stress what a wonderful experience it was working alongside Chris and his staff to make one of the most important days of my life memorable and for all the right reasons. I was totally and completely blown away by how beautiful the room was, and wish I could relive the day over and over, and guess what? I wouldn't change one detail about the Regal Ballroom. Imagine how excited my husband and I were when we got to attend a wedding as guests at the Regal about a month after ours, we got to really soak in the elegance and food even more so being guests. If you're currently planning your wedding or trying to decide on a venue The Regal Ballroom is a must visit, and you'll most likely be sold after that! I could go on forever, see for yourself!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 TYSHEEMA J

THEE BEST DAY EVER!!! I got married 8-23-15. It was THEE best day ever!! We did not have a big budget to spend on our because we were planning on having a destination wedding at first, but with some family persuasion we decided to have our wedding home. After searching... Read More for venues for weeks I was fed up and frustrated until I came across a beautiful wedding I saw on instagram. I tracked down the location and it was the Regal Ballroom. I read all of the reviews on weddingwire.com and I knew I had to try them out. We met Chris (which is my husbands name too) and he was so nice and professional. We picked out the Princess package and signed our contract. I didn't want to look any further. Everything we wanted was included in our package and it fit our budget. When ever I had a question my emails and calls were answered right away. Our wedding ran smoothly and all our guests loved everything especially cocktail hour. We had open bar and trust me the drinks were not watered down like most places. Dinner was delicious too, even though we couldn't finish because everyone wanted to take pictures with us!! The staff were super nice and professional, especially Nettie she was so sweet and attentive. I loved every minute of our wedding day and I wish I could get married again. I know we made a great choice choosing Regal Ballroom and I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Aimee D

From the moment that my then fiancé found The Regal Ballroom in her research, until the reception was over and everyone went home, we just loved this venue. The ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception, in every aspect, down to the microscopic details, they delivered. The... Read More owner, Chris, will remember us: the bride with a million concerning questions, and the groom who will settle for nothing short of perfection; and he handled everything in calm, “we got that covered”, good-natured manner. He was absolutely great to work with, and his staff was simply fabulous. We couldn’t be happier with our choice to have had our wedding at The Regal Ballroom. Exactly 100 days ago, we had our wedding, on May 22, 2015, with about 125 or so guests, and chose the Princess package. It was very, very elegant. It certainly met all of our expectations, even mine. We utilized one of the ballrooms for the ceremony/then reception, and the other ballroom for cocktail hour, and it was perfectly sized for us. We even had a photo-booth and a candy-bar, and with a fairly sizeable dancefloor, it still didn’t feel cramped at all. The bridal suite was exceptionally nice, and functional, and the entire facility is decorated beautifully. The chandeliers, the really high ceilings (they even have a tasteful touch of sparkling crystals), and just the right amount of nostalgic hints of the original building, all made our wedding that much more remarkably grand and memorable. The Regal Ballroom really has a classic, timeless, yet contemporary feel. We really loved the venue, and all of our guests did as well. The food was great all-around, and the 4 main course selections that we made were fantastic (rosemary sirloin, chicken Marsala, flounder with crab, and penne ala vodka). The only hard part was actually making the selections, since everything was really that good. But let me talk about the cocktail hour and the hors d’oeuvres. This aspect is still being raved about. Every butlered appetizer, and there were many different ones, was delicious. My wife and I were very busy with pictures and greeting guests during this part of the evening, and regretfully didn’t get to try the mashed potato bar, nor the grilled cheese and tomato soup shooter, but we sure heard everyone’s review. I surely enjoyed every single one that I did get to try, and thankfully, the staff brought them to the bridal suite for us. If you’re considering this venue, I highly recommend going with the separate cocktail hour, and all of the scrumptious appetizers. Absolutely the best! I actually hope that my wife and I get invited to another wedding at The Regal Ballroom, and I’ll make sure I try every last one of them. I cannot forget to mention the cake, and the partnership they have with Bredenbecks of Germantown (they'll be getting our review soon too). What a cute place to visit and sample cake options, and the cake they delivered is exactly what I mean by perfection. It brought tears to our eyes how perfectly they executed what we were looking for. It was so fresh and delicious that we can’t wait until our 1 year anniversary to get another taste. Ok, if I had to dig deep just to sound fair, and find a con, it would be that I would have requested the lights be dimmed a bit during the ceremony. There you have it. All-in-all, The Regal Ballroom made our wedding a “dream come true” and gave us a flawless evening from beginning to end! Aimee & Tim

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Dana C

Let me start by saying that Chris is amazing from our first visit to the day of the wedding he was very helpful. The Regal Ballroom is gorgeous , our wedding was beautiful from start to finish. Our guests had an amazing time. The food was delicious and the bartender was... Read More wonderful. I did not want the night to end but it was definitely a night to remember. Oh I can't forget the Maître D's, Nettie and I can't forget the other woman's name but they were amazing and the servers...Awesome service...We're already thinking about our vow renewal... Dana & Jarrett Johnson 7/24/15 ❤️

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Jamie L

Chris and the staff at Regal were awesome! We absolutely loved our venue and wouldn't have changed a thing! The food was fabulous and everything we asked or needed was done promptly. I highly recommend The Regal Ballroom!

Perfect Venue for the Perfect Day

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Maribel G

It's been almost two months since our wedding and people are still talking about it. Regal Ballroom truly exceeded my highest expectations. From the initial meeting to the actual day, Chris (the owner) and his staff were personable and professional. Not one detail was... Read More overlooked. They made us feel that our day was just a special to them as it was to us. Our guest still talk about the food. It was divine. Many have said it was the best food they have ever had in a wedding. We chose the Elite Wedding Package and truly lived up to it's name. If I could do it all over again, I choose Regal Ballroom again. - Mr. & Mrs. Graham, May 2015

2015-07-15T18:04:24 Response from the vendor

Hi Maribel & Jude, thank you so much for that glowing review. We did enjoying having you here and we were so excited for your both. I truly hope to have you both back again! Congratulations!!!

Amazing wedding!

Reviewed on 3/29/2015

Our wedding was held on March 14, 2015, all of our expectations were exceeded by Chris and his wonderful staff. Everything from the food and drinks to the decor was excellent and it was an experience that we will never forget. Everyone in our fsmilies keep saying it was one of... Read More the best weddings they went to. Chris is always there to answer whatever questions you have! Thank you so much for everything it truly was everything I ever dreamed of!!!!

daughter weddng 03/20/2015 snowy day

Reviewed on 3/27/2015

My daughter got married on 03/20/15 . The first day of spring, and yes it snowed that day. We had the receptions there. I am going to tell the truth when we first looked at the venue it was very nice. My daughter wanted her receptions there. when I told a good friend of mine she... Read More told me the food was horrible. When we went for the tasting , the food was awesome. She was so wrong about the food. Chris was always there for us and worked with us. He made everything seemed so easy. Like I said the day of the wedding it snowed and we got through it. When the bride and groomed arrived, Chris met my daughter outside with a umbrella so she won't get wet. That was very sweet of him to do that. The bridal suite was amazing and the wedding party could leave there things there without any worries. When we went into the cocktail room omg that was amazing the food was great, from lobster tails, lamp chops, coconut shrimp, scallops wrapped in bacon, spring roll, and let not forget about the potato bar. I know I am forgetting some of the appetizers. the cheese spread was out standing. the reception room was beautiful. We were served our salad. The four station was amazing and people are still talking about the food and how there were not one long line. All I can say is my friend was so wrong about the food. And yes she was there and said how good the food was. Chris you made my daughters day very special and I thank you for that.

Christopher M Angeli

Built in the early 1900's, the Ballroom's unique history as a former Vaudeville theater and later the Regal Movie Theatre adds to its old-Hollywood appeal. It was renamed the Regal Ballroom by present-owner, Christopher Angeli, a long-time employee who purchased the ballroom in 1999. At the age of 12, Chris joined the Ballroom as a dishwasher, walking just a few blocks to work from his childhood home in the neighborhood. Practically a second home to Chris, the Ballroom has become a true labor of love.