R.E.M. Video and Photography

Serving Chicagoland

Remembering Every Moment!

Beautiful moments deserve beautiful memories. Our photojournalists are admired for not only their artistic vision, but also for knowing and understanding you, our client. In creating stunning and amazing pictures, R.E.M.'s philosophy is producing quality over quantity. And we are confident that you feel the same way.

Artistic, Documentary

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

1802 Johns Drive, Glenview, IL Serving Chicagoland (847) 446-5141

Videography

Reviewed on 5/05/2013 Becky M

We worked with Robert in our September 2012 wedding and he was wonderful. He immediately made myself and my husband feel comfortable from the first time we talked on the phone and was very attentive to what we wanted out of the wedding video. We had 2 videographers and they... Read More did a wonderful job capturing our entire wedding and they blended in seamlessly with everyone else; we could not even tell they were there! We just received our first cut of our video and it brought back so many wonderful memories. I have a brother who is very talented in film and I knew once I had his approval I was good to go. Highly recommended and extremely professional.

Fall wedding

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 Eleni R

I had the pleasure of working with Robert as my videographer for my wedding this past October. The finished product was absolutely AMAZING. There is not one thing that my husband and I would change. Robert was very professional and very easy to work with. I live in Oregon and... Read More had my wedding in Illinois. I was able to contact Robert via email and phone. Robert is extremely creative and provides his input, but gives the bride/groom the opportunity to take lead. Choose this company! You will not regret it! The finished product takes about 4 months and the wait is worth it!! Thank you R.E.M!

Amazing quality and professional!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Madhuri G

Extremely reliable and was a pleasure to work with! Enthusiastic and was able to provide a short "teaser" video for another wedding that we had the week following. Amazing shots and overall fluidity.

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Bri B

R.E.M. Is AMAZING. We used them for our Oct 2017 wedding in Chicago. Robert was great on our initial call, answering all of our questions and helping us understand how many hours we'd need a photographer for, and even the pros and cons of a first look because we were torn. Fast... Read More Forward to the wedding, we had Agnes as our photographer and she was the best. She was assertive when she needed to be, flexible, she let us take all the photos we wanted, and helped stage beautiful shots we didn't even know we wanted. During the reception she helped get a family photo of at least 60 people, got us organized and back on the dance floor in less than 5 minutes. I cannot say enough good things about Agnes, Robert, and the rest of the team. Our shots came out beautiful and I cannot stop looking at them!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Breanna K

I just had R.E.M. for my wedding, we had Agnes for photography and Sorin for videography. I cannot express how happy I am that I was able to book them for my wedding. I cannot express how great both of them truly are. They really took charge and to get the best pictures. During... Read More the reception they were on top off getting so many pictures and were in the middle of all the dancing getting the best shots. I cannot recommend R.E.M. more. They truly were the best and the nicest people ever. They got amazing shots and coverage and truly helped make the day special.

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Melissa E

Agnes and REM were our favorite of all of our vendor picks. They were professional and captured every moment of our special day (from getting ready, to staged shots, to dance floor candids) with a beautiful and unique perspective. Our photos are works of art. Agnes had sch a... Read More good eye and was able to suggest stunning locations. She was a great improviser. My favorite part about working with Agnes was that she was very vocal and forward when she needed to be, but was able to blend into the crowd and be an observer when needed, as well. I will cherish our photos forever.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Dhwani M

What a wonderful team to work with! While hiring photographers, you need people who are calm and make you feel at ease. REM did just that for us :) Would recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Kay F

R.E.M. was a GREAT CHOICE! They were very thorough in collecting info on what kind of pictures we were hoping to get throughout the wedding and party. It was clear they really cared about getting shots and video we would be happy with. We got several emails in the months leading... Read More up to our wedding day with reminders and requests for timing/location info for the big day; it was one less thing to worry about knowing that when the team arrived on the day of they would know exactly what to do and where to be. They were always super nice to talk to and quick about responding to emails and phone calls. Robert was great to work with at the studio and the photographer and videographer team was great. We were very happy with the photos that Izabela and her assistant took and can't wait to see the video and trailer that Gabriel is working on! (My friends used R.E.M. a few months ago for their wedding and the photos that Agnes took for them were also beautiful.) Truly zero complaints.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Sara M

We selected R.E.M. for our photography and videography services for our wedding. We had Agnes as our lead photographer and Armen as a second photographer. Our videographer was Robert. We were SO incredibly happy with all three of them and the service they provided on our... Read More wedding day! They all were professional but also very fun and easy to work with. They captured everything that we had asked them to and more! They had a lot of hopping around to do between the bridal parties (my husband and I didn’t want to see each other before the ceremony) and to different picture locations throughout the day. Some windy weather made us change photo locations at the last minute and everything was handled easily and calmly. Agnes is wonderful and has an eye for beautiful lighting. She grabbed our whole group and got us outside for some amazing sunset pictures at just the right time. Agnes also handled the chaos of our family pictures wonderfully and was so patient with everybody. Armen worked with the groom’s side a lot for pictures and I heard nothing but wonderful things about his work with them. Robert was fun and did a lot of neat shots for the wedding video. I can’t wait to see how everything turned out!! We are very happy with our experiences with everything and everybody at R.E.M., including Izabela and Robert Mazur, who did all of the work with our contracts, payments and all email correspondence leading up to the big day. Everybody at R.E.M. are truly kind and talented and very easy to work with. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Sara P

We were debating if we needed a videographer for our wedding, and after seeing the highlights video Sorin and Robert at REM made for us, I am so glad we did!!! They were great to work with, and Sorin was so funny and comforting at our wedding, ooh-ing and aaaah-ing after every... Read More shot. Communication leading up to and after the wedding was a breeze, and pricing is really fair. But best of all, our video is gorgeous, not tacky, perfectly edited with the music, capturing memories that will last a lifetime. Would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

I put my focus toward finding a great videographer for my wedding day and as soon as I saw samples of REM's videos, I was sold. I wanted the simplicity of having photo and video via the same vendor so I booked REM for both. Not only did the video fulfill my high expectations,... Read More but I was COMPLETELY blown away by the photos we received. The photography captured the city of Chicago so well, which was a large part of our focus for the wedding. They not only captured essential moments perfects, but also the candid ones that end meaning more. The video really told our story well. I am so grateful to have it so I can relive the day again through it. The videographers were perfectly behind the scenes through out the day, never intrusive. The service blew me away as well. From day one, they were eager and always willing to answer my many questions. After the wedding was complete, I was so appreciative of the willingness from Robert on notes/edits to the short video. I can't thank him enough because in the end it was simply perfect! I HIGHLY recommend using REM for your wedding. They were priced reasonably. Much more digestible than those big/ads everywhere photographers located directly in the city and potentially overpriced. REM is the complete package you're looking for! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Mahvish B

John Lavere was our photographer and he took awesome pictures of my husband & I for our reception. I've known Robert Mazur for many years as I've done wedding planning. REM never fail to surprise me with their talented work. I also had hired REM for videography. I was also very... Read More pleased with my video. Couldn't be happier. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Great Quality, Disappointing service

Reviewed on 1/23/2014 Samantha C

We used REM as our videographer for our wedding in 2012. The woman who worked with us was absolutely amazing. She took tons of footage and really was engaged in our wedding and passionate about capturing all the important details. I was so excited to receive the video...and this... Read More is were the disappointment came. We were promised a 40 minute edited video of our wedding and received 22 minutes which had NOT included some very important aspects of the wedding. We had funny entrance blurbs for each member of the wedding party which wasn't in the video. In addition, my Fathers Speech (a VERY important part of the wedding I'd say) wasn't in the video either! I sent Robert an email expressing these complaints in a very professional way figuring it was just a mistake, I'd get an apologetic response and a new video...well I thought wrong. He wrote back and stated, "We would never omit such important moments from the documentary section. Did you watch that part?" (as though I was lying and just trying to get something for free?) I responded back saying, "well, maybe I made a mistake, let me check again". It wasn't in the video, I watched it 4 times. He eventually wrote back and said, "I have great news"..."I'm not sure why the toast didn't transfer to the DVD" . He sent a new copy. I was absolutely appalled by his lack of responsibility and poor customer service. It was unfortunate, because the videos themselves were beautifully done but clearly not reviewed and rechecked for all elements in the video. It makes me feel that because I didn't spend a great deal of money, my video was not worth his time. I hope other brides who choose REM don't have to go through.

Excellent Job!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Ryan M

Robert and his team have been a pleasure to work with! We definitely recommend him to future brides and grooms. His team is very professional and did wonderful work. He and Scott have been very helpful and we are so happy with our wedding video! Thanks REM!!

My Magical Wedding Captured

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Anna K

I hired REM Video and Photography about a year before my wedding. Once our big day arrived, the crew was professional, on time and most importantly had high energy that kept us going throughout the day. Choosing REM was the best decision that we could have made! Once I saw the... Read More photos and the video, emotions came back and I began to relive every moment of our dream wedding. From bridal preparations, to the ceremony, photo shoot, and reception, they captured every single moment in a beautiful and artistic way. I would recommend them to any bride.

THE BEST VENDOR I CHOSE!

Reviewed on 8/08/2013

I did a lot of research when it came to finding the right photographer and videographer, but after meeting with Robert, the owner, I was completely sold! I chose R.E.M. VP for both my video and photography. He and his team are so incredibly nice, friendly and professional. I... Read More used them for all three days of my wedding weekend and everything turned out amazing. I even received my photos and video within 4-6 weeks after the wedding (which is outstanding given that the industry standard is almost 6 months!). The photos were absolutely stunning and the video still makes me cry everytime. For the day of my wedding, Robert and his crew showed up right on time and got right to work! My main photographer, John, was completely on point. He was great at working with our large crowd of guests and we got a picture with each and every one of our family members and guests. He was able to take traditional shots along with many photojournalistic ones too. My second photographer, Izabela, Robert's wife, was so sweet and willing to work with all of my crazy bride requests. Robert was my videographer for the day and the work was beautiful. I can honestly say that R.E.M. was the best vendor I chose during my wedding planning process and I would recommend the services to any and every bride!

Visionary!

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 SHIRAZ G

I have had the pleasure of working with Robert and his team for the last 4 years- first, for my wedding in downtown Chicago and most recently for my twins' 1st birthday party in 2013. After our experience with Robert for our wedding, there was no one else we wanted to capture... Read More such a milestone event as our twins' 1st birthday. He is not only extremely professional, polite, and easy to work with, but he is a true visionary. As others have mentioned in their reviews, he listens to the client's desires, offers his professional suggestions, and ultimately creates a masterpiece that meets the client's needs. Having worked with him now on multiple occasions, I can see from his work, he films with a plan in mind. He has captured my wedding festivities (traditional Indian) and children's party so beautifully my family watches our videos over and over! He is very patient, organized and tries to accomodate the client's requests to his utmost. His photographers are excellent and true artists. I don't know all that goes into post-production but there isn't one image out of 2000+ from my wedding or from my children's party that isn't amazing. I receive compliments all the time on the images captured by R.E.M. REM is a pleasure to work with, highly artistic and adaptable to whatever your event may be and whatever your individual needs are as the client.

Wedding photography and videography

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 rachna a

we hired REM for our wedding photography and videography last summer. they were the perfect choice! their team was amazing to work with and did a wonderful job capturing all of our memories. their photos and videos are done beautifully and we have really enjoyed working with... Read More them. we have already referred them to several of our friends and will continue to do so.

R.E.M Video and Photography

Reviewed on 6/29/2013 JoAnn F

YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH R.E.M. VIDEO AND PHOTOGRAPHY I hired R.E.M for my wedding and this was by far the best wedding decision I've made. Robert and his staff captured every moment and because of R.E.M. I could honesty say I have the best wedding memories. I was introduced to... Read More R.E.M. though my sister who hired him 5 year ago for her wedding. Robert and his staff did a fantastic job for my sister and since then I've alway referred him to all my friends getting married and they all loved him and his work. If you are looking for someone who is extremely professional, artistic and extremely creative than R.E.M is it. I could honestly say Robert and his staff love their job and it truly shows through their work. I've received many compliments on my wedding DVD and how R.E.M pieced moments together. Every bride should hire R.E.M and I can't emphasis enough how great R.E.M really is.

The one thing you do not have to worry about for your wedding

Reviewed on 6/28/2013 Liesl O

My experience with R.E.M. was everything that a photography company should aspire to be. My husband and I first met Robert almost two years ago to discuss our wedding--he showed us gorgeous albums with equally gorgeous pictures from different photographers who work with him.... Read More That night, we decided to book R.E.M. two years in advance for our wedding day. When the date started to arrive, Robert got in contact with me and sent me a checklist of all the types of pictures that we wanted our photographer to take. The options were numerous and gave us even more ideas than we initially had in mind for our wedding pictures. The communication regarding this company was absolutely wonderful. Emails were responded to immediately, and we were able to converse with our photographer a few weeks before the wedding (something big photography companies don’t do!). One of the things my husband and I loved about John LaVere, our assigned photographer, was that he showed up at the exact time we agreed upon at the venue and dressed professionally. John was in charge the entire time--it was great! We had a very large wedding party (16 people), so when people were still floating in late, John was able to work with what he had for shots. He was firm, but very kind and approachable, and I could genuinely smile with him taking my picture and it showed in every shot. Another great thing about R.E.M. is that they charged by the hour, not by the number of photographs. About 500 pictures were taken in 7 hours and a vast majority of the pictures were artful and showed the decorative work that was put into the wedding. We really appreciated that. Shortly after the wedding, the pictures John took were touched up by Robert’s wife, Izabela (Yes! A real husband and wife team!), and put on a website, so I could send invites to people who wanted to view and order any pictures. Note to the bride: when you get excited to see the pictures online, make sure you read and respond to the entire email regarding whether you want your photos on a CD or a flash drive. I was so excited to see the pictures that I did not realize that I hadn't responded to R.E.M.'s question which delayed the shipment of my pictures. This was entirely my fault--their communication is pretty much perfect! The flash drive arrived and we immediately backed up all of the images to our external hard drives, just in case. R.E.M. provides digital rights, so you can copy and print out your pictures on your own time, but they also back up your pictures as well. This is important because if you want to contact R.E.M. in the future about ordering one of their gorgeous professional albums, you have the opportunity to do so. This provides a real sense of security for us. The photographs are the only things that last after that crazy expensive day is finished, and seriously, you want to have stunning pictures to remember your wedding. If you choose R.E.M. Video and Photography, I promise that you will be patting yourself on the back for years to come because it was the best wedding decision you made.

Amazing video

Reviewed on 4/26/2013 danuta m

We recently used R.E.M's videography services for our November 2012 wedding. We could not be more pleased with the entire experience. Robert was our videographer and he took an amazing care of us from start to finish. He really got to know us and somehow found a discrete way to... Read More capture every moment. Once we saw the final product we were speechless. He was able to turn our emotionally-charged, somewhat chaotic wedding day into an artistic masterpiece. We highly recommend this vendor, their services are worth every penny and more.

Best Vendor!

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 diane q

Robert E. Mazur is as pleasant to work with on the day of our wedding, as he's been over the phone/ email for the past few months when I was just inquiring/ asking for quotes for his wedding videography services... months after the wedding - he's still very accomodating with our... Read More editing requests =) Very professional, flexible, very talented and their sample work on VIMEO are just remarkable. My husband and I, and our wedding party (even our family, relatives and friends!) really enjoyed his company as he made us all comfortable while taking video shots of us during th reception. We had to wait months before we received the first draft of our wedding video... but that's with any high quality videographers and actually, Robert is more of a Cinematographer and let me tell you - the wait was worth it! =) We have watched our video so many times already, especially the wedding highights with family and friends (best part of the video! the timing was perfect with all the music, as if we're watching a music video of ourselves - highly recommended!!) and each time, they applaud in the end! =) Thank you Robert for everything!!

Perfect

Reviewed on 7/26/2012 Holly L

Robert was great to work with. He was very accommodating and always prompt in answering all of my questions. We are still waiting for our video,a nd I'm so excited to see it!

Magnificent Monika!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Megan B

R.E.M. was a great pick for our photography company. Robert (the owner) was able to help us pick the perfect photography package to fit our needs and limited budget. We got everything we wanted and didn't have to go over budget to do it. They accommodated us with the style of... Read More photographs we wanted and paired us with a photographer to match our needs. And, let me tell you, they did this PERFECTLY! From the moment Monika walked in she was energetic, fun, and just generally awesome. She did a great job coordinating everyone for pictures and making sure everyone was having a good time. Our guests are still (a month later) asking us where we found such an amazing photographer! The pictures turned out great as well. We had a few of the traditional pictures along with lots of fun artistic shots that are amazing. We would recommend REM and Monika for any event (even if you just invite her as a guest!).

BREATHTAKING Photos!

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Erin W

My husband and I chose R.E.M. photography because not only are their photos artistic and unique, but also their post-production work makes all the difference in the world! We hired two photographers and two videographers, and it was worth every penny. We have over 2,200 photos... Read More and the truly captured every moment, and then some! Our wedding and reception were held in the Aon building's Mid-America Club, so we took pictures around downtown and Millennium Park. The angle and attention to detail in the photos is beautiful. And the post-production work of enhancing the colors, enhancing the light source, etc., really brought out our best features. I couldn't believe it was us in the pictures, that's how *amazing* we look! Our main photographer was Megan Beader and she did a wonderful job. She was enthusiastic and extremely interested in getting all of the best shots, which was fantastic because she really wanted my husband and I to truly be captured in the best light. Our main videographer was Ben Strong. Ben was kind and was very interested in meeting all of my expectations. He continued to ask me leading up to the wedding and throughout the night about what I wanted to capture. He did a great job of checking in to make sure he was making our dream wedding video. We can't say enough great things about R.E.M. and we would highly recommend them to any engaged couple. Their photos are breathtaking!