Renaissance Chicago North Shore

Northbrook, IL

Newly Renovated Hotel!

Prepare for inspiring moments at this AAA Four Diamond Hotel. Our award winning chef captivates guests with innovative menus. Renaissance certified wedding planners help create your vision with unique floral displays, specialty linens and dramatic lighting. It is your day, made magical.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel

Food + Catering

933 Skokie Boulevard, Northbrook, IL

Felt like it was made for me!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

When I walked in the Renaissance hotel it was like the place was made for my wedding. Everything in the lobby was purple and silver which were the colors of my wedding. The Northbrook ballroom was perfect size for my guest list and I loved the large hallway outside for the... Read More cocktail hour with the cute furniture and stairs down to the room with the arched doorways. Everyone was very friendly at the hotel. Kristin was a joy to work with as she is on top of everything and so sweet! I highly recommend working with her. I forget his name but the man who stayed all night in the room running the staff was awesome. He was kind and always asking me and my parents if we needed anything and if everything was good. The tech guy (Mike I think) was so helpful in setting up our video slideshow, especially because it wasn't working last minute with our projector, but he came to the rescue and the video was perfect. The room was decorated and so gorgeous. The food was absolutely delicious, even the late night snacks! I had my ceremony in the same room and it was put together so nicely and the staff did an amazing job transforming the room during the cocktail hour while letting us quickly take photos at the alter while they were tearing down the ceremony to put up the reception. We took a shuttle to the Chicago Botanic Garden for photos and it was so beautiful, even with the trees mostly bare! Our wedding night had the first snow of 2014 and it was beautiful seeing the snow covered ground at night outside. We love the hotel so much we are going back next weekend for our one year anniversary and spending the night there again. The photos we took in the hotel are beautiful, especially the ones in the lobby with the matching purple and silver! I knew the Renaissance was the place we should get married the minute we walked in it! I definitely recommend having your wedding at the Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel! The bar in the hotel stayed open until 2am for us and the beds were so comfortable to sleep in, even my guests told me that! Having a brides room all morning to have our hair and makeup done in their and food and drinks was awesome!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Sheila M

Mariya and the staff at the Renaissance were wonderful. They had great ideas and everything about our reception was beautiful. The small details they recommended really brought everything together. We got so many compliments on how delicious the food was and how beautiful the... Read More room looked. Each person we worked with to plan the day was responsive and helpful. Our day was perfect from start to finish. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a wedding location in the northern suburbs.

Wonderful venue to host all your guests for your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Gilliam W

Everyone here was so lovely! If I needed anything the faculty were there in a heartbeat to help me out. Not to mention the room I stayed in was great! Comfortable, clean and spacious. Definitely would recommend! -The bride 😃

I would NOT book here again!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Alecia T

To make a long story short, I was told by my contact that they would "let me know when my room block was approaching full", which of course they did not. I had guests who didn't want to "bother me" going to other hotels to book. This was a problem for me because we had booked... Read More transportation to our venue from the hotel. When I called them, they said "oh yeah, I see your hotel block is full, and there is nothing we can do about it because we are full that weekend". The contact between myself and the hotel was often slow, lagging, and responses would come days later. I wanted to cancel the block, but it was weeks before the wedding and I couldn't do it. I will say that the service during our wedding weekend was AMAZING. The hotel staff was great and they did everything to make us happy (including removing the fee for internet access for the presidential suite). If you have to book here due to the closeness to the CBT for your wedding, I would sit down and underline your terms and conditiosn IN PERSON before booking a contract.

NYE wedding

Reviewed on 1/17/2012 Dezerae M

The hotel is gorgeous. The food was amazing. All my family and friends thought we spent a lot more than we did. The only down side was a new Carering Director that is seriously struggling with learning her job. Everyone else I worked with at the hotel was fantastic and made the... Read More process easy.

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 7/06/2011 Sarah H

I can not rave enough about the Renaissance North Shore and Jeaneatte Ocampo. I visited many venues before choosing the Renaissance and none compared in value. Jeanette was great to work with and very responsive. You could tell she truly cared about how well my day would go. She... Read More was there for every step of the process. We chose stations instead of a plated meal (mashedpotatoes, carving, pasta, fiesta, and ice cream sundae). Our guests were raving about the food and the experience. They said it was some of the best food they ever had let alone best wedding food. It was absolutely delicious. The staff was hospitable and kind the entire night. The room (The Northbrook Ballroom) was gorgeous and just as I had envisioned it. When looking for a venue no other place provided a as large or a cocktail area and ballroom. My husband and I do not drink and Jeanette was willing to work with this unique aspect to our reception, which many venues turned us down because of. She helped us create a perfect evening that we will remember for the rest of our lives. Thank you so much Jeanette!