Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

4061 E Livingston Ave, Columbus, OH (614) 237-7421

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Candace B

I grew up with Resch's so I knew this would be the bakery that I wanted for our wedding cake. And of course they delivered! The cake was absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. We chose chocolate and almond for the flavors. The cake was delicious. Our guests even... Read More commented that it was the best cake they have ever had! I highly recommend this bakery. They've been around for over 100 years. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Grace H

Resch's made an absolutely beautiful wedding cake for our big day. They were great to work with in the planning process - they walked me through the process of selecting a cake and were receptive to making changes as needed. The cake was even more beautiful than I had expected... Read More and was delicious! They are very affordable as well. I highly recommend Resch's!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Rebekah B

We loved our cake and the variety of flavors we were able to have. Resch's did a beautiful job decorating the cake and making our dream designs happen! They worked with our caterer to deliver it and we didn't have to worry about a thing.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Liz v

The cake they made for us was perfect and so delicious! They were wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Rebecca W

We opted for Donuts in lieu of cake and they were a hit. We've always loved Resch's but this was the first time placing a large order and it will not be the last!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Bridget C

Gorgeous cake and delicious donuts. We opted to have a smaller, two tiered cake, and serve most of the guests with donuts. Everything Resch's makes is delicious, but their donuts are the best in the city. I asked for a specific design on the outside of the cake (make it look... Read More like a tree trunk, with our initials carved in it)-- they hadn't done the technique before. So, before our purchase, they practiced it on a cake and sent me a photo, and it was perfect! I gave them a copy of our invitation so they could get the right shade of pink for the flowers on the cake. It was executed perfectly. The cake was just beautiful. Our guests went on and on about the donuts. Our choice to use the donuts made the entire cake/ dessert purchase very affordable as well. We never even considered using any other bakery, because Resch's is the best, and I'm so glad we went with them for our cake/donuts.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Elisha W

Customer service is great. They have really great pricing and were very accommodating with whatever I wanted or needed. And obviously it tasted fantastic. Loved everything!

Lovely cake!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Jamie E

We had a small two-tier wedding cake from Resch's...the vanilla cake with lemon curd and buttercream frosting. They offered a great tasting selection and for two lemon lovers, our choice was easy! The ordering process was simple and they gave us clear instructions on when to... Read More bring by our embellishments (ribbon and silk flowers)to add to the finished cake. With a cake our size, we had to pick it up, which was no big deal. They packaged in a sturdy carrying case and our friends who picked it up for us said it was an easy process. We only got to have a small taste on our wedding day - but we heard rave reviews! We also purchased our communion bread from Resch's. Good stuff. Thanks, Resch's! Also - their donuts are amazing. Go there!

Delicious and beautiful cake

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Alissa P

The cake there is always delicious! We had a 4 tier cake with a sheet cake, each a different flavor with different fillings. The cake was ivory with scroll design and had flowers in between the tiers. We made our own flowers out of burlap for the cake and made our own cake... Read More topper and it was extremely gorgeous. Kathy at Resch's Bakery is a fantastic cake decorator. We use Resch's for all of our cake needs.

75 Guest

Reviewed on 3/11/2015 Lisa M

I had a two tier cake with real flowers. It was elegant and simple. It was very tasty. My guest already had experience with Resch's, so I knew it was a favorite!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 tracy d

Ask to speak to the head cake decorator- she is wonderful and reassured me that she could do exactly what I wanted! My cake was very simple with textured icing. It looked great and was delicious! I suggest taking in pictures to show the cake decorator, since they don't have... Read More very many to choose from in the store. Delicious too!

Delicious cake!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Andrea G

We knew we wanted something simple and affordable along with whipped icing! I came across this bakery and we went for a cake tasting and order our cake that day! It was so good! We had chocolate and almond. We ordered a small 2 tier round cake, and then 2 sheet cakes and didn't... Read More feel like we were getting ripped off. It's not in the greatest part of town, but the cake was so good it was worth it! They do not deliver, which wasn't a big deal for us. We had a little issue of being overcharged, but they eventually got the refund to us. Would definitely recommend if you want an amazing cake for an extremely affordable price!!

So Good

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Joelle R

We go to Resch's bakery for all of our cakes. So we knew where to go for our wedding cake! We got a lot of compliments about they cake and as far as we know there were no issues with delivery. I would recommend Resch's to everyone!

Rhinestones & Ribbons & Cake O' my!

Reviewed on 11/29/2013 Gwenell B

I took my royal blue rolls of ribbon and rhinestones to Resch's Bakery and met with a wedding cake coordinator and they produced and decorated a delicious cake uniquely made for me!

Wedding Cake Not Perfect

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Kellie K

I ordered a wedding a two tier cake from Resch's and it was not perfect. There were bubbles in the top tier and a large smudge that looked like someone's finger got stuck in it. I took in a picture and it was not close but not exactly like the picture. The color was a different... Read More shade then requested. Resch's customer service is lacking. I often had to wait long periods of time and not know why. I paid more than the half of the amount for the cake at the time for the deposit. I was then told they needed the remaining before I picked up the cake which was crazy. They acted like I was going to try to rip them off. I asked to have a picture sent to me before the wedding. They said they would do and of course they did not. Also, if you are looking for special designed cupcakes go somesomewhere else. Their prices are crazy. They wanted over $ 5.50 a cupcake for one’s that just had edible pearls on them. They even asked me to provide the pearls. I went to another cupcake place in Pickerington and they were half the price and better quality and they provided the pearls. Reach’s is OVER-RATED! The cake tasted just like a regular cake. Maybe they should just make donuts because that is what everyone seems blown away by.

Awesome beautiful cake

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Angela L

Resch's Bakery did a wonderful job on my wedding cake. It was exactly as I envisioned it and they were available to do it last minute which was great because I was surprised about a month before my wedding with a couple relatives offering to pay for my cake! It was very tasty... Read More when I tried it at the bakery. I didn't actually have any cake on my wedding day. We'll see what it tastes like in a year! Another plus was the price... it was roughly $2 a slice which was really low in all the research I was doing. They may not have many flavors, but what they do have is awesome!

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Jennifer K

Wedding cakes are horrifyingly expensive - who knew? After many meetings with more expensive vendors, several people recommended that we check out Resch's. If you haven't been in there, you should go immediately, because you will want to buy the whole bakery - it smells so good!... Read More We made an appointment to try some samples (call, don't use the form on the site) and the cake is amazing. Best of all, it was so reasonably priced we made the decision right on the spot! The cake was delivered on time and looked just as we discussed. (Try the carrot cake - people are still talking about it.)

Tasty Cake-Terrible Service

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Shelby S

My groom and I LOVE Resch's cake; it's delicious and the only fruit filling I like. HOWEVER, they are terrible to work with. They're unorganized, unprofessional and are terrible communicators. Tasting your cake is a little confusing; when I called them to set up an appointment... Read More they asked what I wanted to taste like I know everything they had to offer and were rude when I asked for flavors to choose from. You will also need to pay for the samples if you choose not to buy your cake from them. (They also only take cash or check, no card.) Despite being unprofessional from the beginning we chose to get our cake with them because we love the taste. They never told us when we needed to pay the remaining balance of our cake and never sent an invoice so we were left guessing. I called a few weeks before the wedding to ask and they told us 6 weeks before the wedding (we called at about 5), so I asked for the total and told them I'd be in the next day. I came in to pay for the cake with a check and they told me the wrong balance and told me that if it's under 6 weeks you had to pay the balance in cash...something that was never told to me when I talked to them the DAY before. After arguing with an employee I had to speak to a manager who agreed to take the amount I was told(which was less than the balance they said was remaining when I came in to pay) and accepted my check. The cake was delicious but I asked for light pink on the cake, and even gave them a picture and an example of the pink and when I got to the reception the pink on the cake was Fluorescent bright pink! If I could do it again I would have sacraficed the taste of Resch's to deal with a more professional, organized company.

cake

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Brenda E

excellent

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 12/01/2012 Erica Y

Resch's Bakery gave us exactly what we wanted. We brought in a picture of a cake we liked, but wanted it to be fall themed. They made all the appropriate changes, and it was beautiful.

SOOOO GOOOD!

Reviewed on 9/07/2012 Amber C

I went to Resch's Bakery (after tasting SEVERAL cakes around Columbus) because I loved their donuts. Their cakes are just as good as their donuts, maybe better! It looked beautiful! I can't be more pleased. And it tasted very good as well. Not too sweet just the right about of... Read More sweetness.

Beautiful Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Crystina A

the cake was perfect!

Delicious as usual!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Laura L

I loved my cake, it was exactly as the picture I took in. More importantly it tasted Great!!

My favorite bakery!

Reviewed on 9/13/2011 Julie S

Our cake was absolutely fantastic! We had a vanilla cake with lemon filling & chocolate with raspberry filling. I worked with Mary when I ordered our cake & she was so wonderful. The price was the best I found (and I looked a lot!) and they were so helpful. I even went... Read More into the bakery 3 days before the wedding to ask to add an extra half a sheet cake to the order, which was no problem at all, and the ladies offered to mix up a quick icing color sample for the flowers on my cake to make sure it matched my colors perfectly!

Resch's Review

Reviewed on 8/24/2011 Abbie B

Our wedding cake from Resch's was beautiful and absolutely delicious! Their prices are very reasonable and they listened to exactly what I wanted as far as decorations and did exactly that.