Rev. Dan Harris - ChicagoMarriage.com

Elmhurst, IL

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

496 W. St. Charles Road, Elmhurst, IL (630) 712-8200

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristin B

Rev. Dan was absolutely wonderful to work with as our officiant. When we had our initial meeting, he was able to take just a few things we had told him about us and put together something that was incredible. I reached out to Rev. Dan several times during our engagement and he... Read More was always quick to respond and give guidance where needed. Our rehearsal was run smooth and efficient. Rev. Dan told our personal love story beautifully while also including God, which is the perfect balance that my husband and I wanted. Many of our guests later let us know how moving the ceremony was and how it brought many happy tears to their eyes. We would highly recommend Rev. Dan. Thank you!! Kristin & Travis Naber

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jennifer D

Rev. Daniel did a great job officianting our ceremony and made the planning process simple and easy! All of our guest enjoyed his company and had a wonderful time conversing with him.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016

Rev Dan was simply amazing. He was very professional and conducted the most perfect ceremony for us. He personalized it to how we wanted and also added in a few funny parts to keep everyone laughing. I highly recommend him and will continuously refer him to family and friends.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Jaime R

If you are looking for the perfect compliment to your big day Rev. Daniel Harris is it! He truly takes the time to get to know both the bride and the groom and what makes your love one of a kind. He is organized, quick to respond, genuine, professional and experienced. Having... Read More him officiate our ceremony was one of the best decisions we made and our guests could not stop raving about him! For such a big occasion and such an important decision, you will be so happy you had Rev. Dan Harris there to add to the beauty and perfection of one of the most important days of your life!!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Dominique R

Rev. Dan was great to work with from the very beginning. He stayed in communication throughout the whole planning process and he delivered a beautiful ceremony. He also came to our rehearsal, which was very helpful with coordinating the walk through of venue.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Amber O

Reverend Dan was incredibly amazing, fun, easy going, and very informative throughout the whole wedding process. We are so blessed to have Reverend Dan be there on our special day. He is definitely one of a kind. You wont be disappointed, not in the slightest.

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

Rev. Dan did a brilliant job with our wedding ceremony. Coming over from the UK to get married in Chicago meant that all of the planning had to be done via email, but Rev. Dan did everything he could to help our special day go smoothly. I especially liked his attention to detail... Read More when it came to personalising our vows. We would highly recommend him to any one looking for a wedding officiant. Phil and Leanne Miller

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Dan did a wonder job with our wedding ceremony....both preparing for it and performing it. He took the time to get to know us to enable him to make our ceremony very personal. He also gave us many different options for readings, options for others to speak, and special ways to... Read More incorporate family and/or children from previous marriages. This was very important to us as we have five children between us. He has a great sense of humor, and was very personable with our guests and family. His experience in the joining of lives is extensive....we highly recommend him to anyone in the Chicago area looking for a very personable and experienced reverend!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jonathan B

We really enjoyed having Rev. Harris conduct our wedding ceremony. He was flexible with our requests and made the ceremony fit us perfectly. All of our guests spoke very highly of him and the job he did at the ceremony. We highly recommend Rev. Harris to do your ceremony.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Tanya R

We loved working with Reverend Daniel Harris! Everything was organized and flawlessly executed. Rev. Dan was quick to respond to emails from the day we first contacted him up until the night before the wedding. I loved the personalization of our ceremony. Everything is detailed... Read More on his website to choose which package you are looking for. He then performed a FaceTime interview with us since we weren't living in the Chicagoland area. I loved how we were able to pick out our own verses and vows with guidance from himself and his website. Two weeks prior to the wedding, Rev. Dan sends us the exact outline of the ceremony, so there are no surprises! I loved this because I have attended a couple weddings where the Bride and Groom were embarrassed with something they didn't know would be said. Rev. Dan worked with us to attend the rehearsal and completely took charge. He gave a bunch of tips on how the bridal party should look when standing up i.e. where to hold flowers, how to place hands... He was very thorough and took his job very seriously. We appreciated the orderliness because we got so many compliments after the ceremony. Not only was he professional, but he was fun. You can tell he loves doing this and we loved working with him!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Holly H

Rev. Dan did an amazing job from start to finish. His website is very informative and helped us decide what type of ceremony we wanted. After meeting with Rev. Dan we were very impressed with his knowledge of wedding ceremonies and loved his ideas to personalize our service. He... Read More responded to email questions timely and provided updated drafts of the ceremony as the date drew nearer and was very accommodating to our needs. He did a great job directing everyone at the rehearsal and the ceremony went exactly as planned on our wedding day. We highly recommend Rev. Dan!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Michelle McCarthy B

Rev. Dan performed our wedding ceremony in May, 2016, and it was a wonderful service, we are very happy we selected him. He provided many helpful resources for us to create a personal and meaningful ceremony, and his experience helped us to incorporate some nice touches we... Read More might not otherwise have thought of. His words were moving, and it was a great way to start our married life together. We highly recommend Rev. Dan!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

we cannot describe how amazing and wonderful Mr. Harris is. He made our wedding even more special! We could not pick a better person to celebrate this special day with! He made everything seen easy, with no stress and spectacular!!! My husband and I would most definitely... Read More recommend him to anyone who is looking for a stress free ceremony. we were really glad that he could join us for our reception as well and have some fun and get some delicious food after a long day. He is just as amazing as a Officiant as he is as a person. He was able to come up with a story of my husband and i in under 5 minutes, just by asking us questions, on how we met, what we like, and what we have in common!!! Couldnt be more happier!!! Thank you for everything!!!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Dave H

We cannot thank or recommend Rev Dan enough. He was amazing. From the first meeting with Rev.Dan we could tell that he was going to do a fantastic job on our big day. He did not disappoint. Reverend Dan did an excellent job of asking us questions about ourselves, each other... Read More and our relationship. These things were woven together in an amazing and personalized ceremony. The rehearsal and day of festivities went flawlessly as Rev Dan worked perfectly with our vendors and wedding party. He even worked in a great surprise for me (the groom) with my groomsmen that was just perfect. More than just a vendor to us, Rev Dan played a vital role in setting our day up for us and for our guests to be a true celebration. Thank you Rev. Dan! Dave and Kristin

2016-03-10T17:41:48 Response from the vendor

Dave and Kristin were a real pleasure and joy to work with. All our communication went smoothly, with them being so open to suggestions about how other couples had made their choices. And in the end, I am so glad they were able to create... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/21/2016

Reverend Harris was a joy to work with- from beginning to end he was extremely professional, but also personable. He was so flexible and quick in meeting with us for planning, responding to emails and questions, completing a walk through and then even agreed to stay at our... Read More wedding for no extra fee! We got married on board Chicago's Classic Lady boat, going down the Chicago river into Lake Michigan. Rev Daniel Harris was so fun to plan with and we loved that he provided us with a complete written ceremony ahead of time. Our family and friends loved the ceremony and chatting with him during our reception. For the price he charges it is a super bargain when looking at the over all services he provides! We are extremely happy to have gotten Rev Harris for our wedding! Definitely recommend.

2016-03-10T17:47:48 Response from the vendor

Wedding ceremonies held out on Lake Michigan are truly unique and memorable. And the couple were so comfortable to work with. This was such a fun wedding, and all the guests had such a great time that no one wanted to go home at the... Read Less Read More

Great Ceremony!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

Rev. Daniel performed our ceremony this past weekend in downtown Chicago at the Mid-America Club. He was very accessible during the time leading up to our big day. He responded to emails very quick and followed up on his timeline to a tee. The ceremony was beautiful and all our... Read More guests felt he did a perfect job. He was friendly and sociable to everyone. I would highly recommend him to everyone since he will tailor his ceremony in anyway you'd like.

2016-03-10T17:53:24 Response from the vendor

This was an elegant and classy wedding at the Mid-America Club, with a gorgeous view of Chicago at night from 80 stories high. Everyone seemed to be in a great mood and having a wonderful time. And the ceremony went smoothly as the couple were... Read Less Read More

Our Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

My fiancee (now husband!) and I live in WI (about 5 hours away from Chicago) and had a little over a month to plan our wedding ceremony which was to be held in Chicago (a place I had never even been to). By some miracle we found Rev. Dan's wonderful website. Rev. Dan helped us... Read More every step of the way and made wonderful suggestions to assist us since we didn't really know much about the area. Rev. Dan always responded to us in a timely manner. He also recommended his son, Noah, as a photographer which was helpful. Both Rev. Dan and Noah did a wonderful job and made our special day perfect! I would highly recommend their services!

2016-03-10T17:58:06 Response from the vendor

I am always a bit nervous when I meet a couple I'm marrying for the first time on their wedding day! However, this couple was wonderful to work with, and were excellent in communicating via email what they wanted and expected for their ceremony, which... Read Less Read More

Great service, very professional

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Margeaux P

Rev. Harris was a great choice of an officiant. He is very professional but also personable. We appreciated his attentiveness to details to ensure the license was processed properly. I would definitely recommend him to others.

2016-03-10T21:49:04 Response from the vendor

I always appreciate the confidence each couple has in me to make their wedding day special and memorable, and most of all, without any problems in the ceremony! This was a fun day for all.

Beautiful, personal ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Diana B

Rev. Dan was such a pleasure to work with. Throughout the process, he gave very helpful tips, and always reassured us that it is our day, and we should design our ceremony to be what we want. And in the end, we had a very beautiful, personal ceremony. Everyone kept... Read More complimenting us on how touching the ceremony was. We were very happy with Dan and the whole process. He was very warm and kind from the day we met, all the way through our wedding day. It was really nice since we weren't close to a Rev. in Chicago, but didn't want a "stranger" to marry us. We felt like through our conversations, he really took the time to get to know us. He even stayed to have dinner with our family at our wedding! I would recommend to our family and friends in a heartbeat.

Wonderful Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/10/2015

Thank you Rev. Harris for officiating our private wedding ceremony last weekend. Everything went very smoothly and the ceremony was not only beautiful, but meaningful and inspirational. Rev. Harris did an amazing job getting to know the bride and groom ahead of time in order to... Read More personalize the ceremony. We could not have asked for anything more! :)

2016-03-10T21:51:27 Response from the vendor

Too many couples have a wedding ceremony that sounds like everyone else's. This couple chose to have a ceremony that was about THEM, and by working together they designed one that was very meaningful for them, and appreciated by their guests.

HE IS AMAZING and a genuine officiator

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Justine S

Choosing Reverend Daniel Harris to officiate our wedding was one of the best decisions we've made for our wedding. He is very organized, approachable, easy to reach, quick to respond, convenient, honest and open minded. Most importantly, a genuine and fun person to work with.... Read More Our first meet with him was great. He told us about himself, how he works and interviewed us. The "interview" did not really feel like an interview because he made us feel like we were friends and that we were just trying to get to know each other. We told him how my husband and I met and what we loved about each other and he took down notes. After our initial meeting, we paid our down payment, he was able to take our payment in any form and was very convenient. He did not make us feel as if we were doing business with him at all because he just has that warm and welcoming personality. While waiting for our big day, Rev. Daniel Harris kept in touch and we e-mailed back and forth, he gave us options on how we could orchestrate our filipino tradition wedding, gave us insights on what we could do and what was best for the ceremony. He even added little bits and pieces of details that would make our wedding ceremony sweet and romantic (that's what we prefered) but I think his suggestions were creative and fun. With our wedding, there were many details we must incorporate in our ceremony and Rev. Harris was able to perform them and even assisted us with the planning. I barely had any worries about our ceremony because I knew I was in good hands with him. Closer to our wedding week, he sent me an e-mail of the ceremony script and outline and I sat down and took my time to read it and it was just so heartwarming and special-- it was PERFECT! He wrote down how my husband and I met and what we enjoyed/loved about each other and other words that reminded me why I was marrying my partner. (He took down good notes and really paid attention to our interview). I was touched and in that moment, I was really impressed. I had minor changes due to our preferences but was not a big deal, which I sent to him last minute (night before wedding rehearsal) and he was still able to accommodate without any comments or complaints from him. He took care of it despite of his busy schedule and with his back to back weddings, came to the rehearsal and we went over all the details. It was seamless. Reverend Harris was also able to attend our lunch rehearsal the day before our wedding and even managed the entire rehearsal himself with our plenty uncles and aunts from out of state who haven't seen each other in a while and with children running around our venue(flower girls/ring bearers etc..), with all that chaos and short amount of time to rehearse, Reverend kept his cool, was patient and still organized. I was very overwhelmed that day because I was nervous about the outcome and asked him to rehearse a couple more times and he agreed. He made it easy for me. He is almost like a family member to us now after working with him for a couple of months and even got a long with some of our family members. We are so thankful that you officiated our wedding and it was so perfect. Thank you for making our ceremony so beautiful and meaningful to us. All of our guests complimented how flawless and beautiful the ceremony was, many of them had tears of joy (including my husband) and were truly amazed with our wedding. Thank you for your amazing work Reverend.

Wedding 2015

Reviewed on 9/24/2015

Dan was excellent. He took the time to get to know us and the ceremony was personalized to us. I would highly recommend him. Very nice man.

2016-03-10T21:53:45 Response from the vendor

I appreciate working with couples who want to share their love with their friends and family in a personalized ceremony. As a result, this couple had a wonderful day they will always remember.

Rev Dan

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

Reverend Dan was an instrumental part of our wedding. He did a great job explaining how the ceremony would work, what to expect and made everything easy. When he had written the ceremony and we suggested a few changes, he came through like a champ and was quick to respond and... Read More kind as always. We had booked our wedding on a cruiseline on Lake Michigan off of Navy Pier. The cruise line had suggested Dan and we paid all of his fees through them. The only issue that came up was a request for parking reimbursement which the cruise line told us to not pay as they had taken care of all fees, etc. All in all, Rev. Dan is a warm individual, with a great passion for what he does. I am truly happy we chose him and he did an amazing job before and during the ceremony. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dan to anyone desiring to get married in his area. He's flexible, kind, and a wealth of information. If you are looking for a officiant/minister that truly knows how to treat a wedding with the dignity, celebration and respect it deserves, then call Dan. There surely is no one better n Chicago than Rev Dan Harris to minister your wedding.

2015-10-10T14:11:23 Response from the vendor

This was a fun wedding performed at Navy Pier, before they all sailed out onto Lake Michigan for their celebration. The couple was great to work with, and had a nice, romantic story that their audience loved hearing. Just to clarify one small point, the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/06/2015

I'm so glad to have found Reverend Dan as the officiant for our wedding ceremony! He was very responsive from the get go, and we were frequently in contact about details during the time leading up to our wedding day. He met with us a few months before and spent a good amount... Read More of time really getting to know us personally and tailored our ceremony to suit us perfectly. We received a script of our wedding plenty of time before hand and were able to make any changes we had in mind. I liked that he has experience officiating all different types of ceremonies. Ours was small, 8 family members in attendance, inside the Lincoln Park Conservatory. My husband and I as well as our guests thought the ceremony was perfect for us.

Reviewed on 8/31/2015