Rick Helman Photography and Video Inc.

NJ & Surrounding Areas

International award winning photography & video

Rick Helman Photography and Video has a unique style that is sought after by our clients. Our style blends a classic look with elements of fashion photography and photojournalism, and the result is fresh, natural, and fun. We have won many awards for our photography and have been published internati

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

39-40 Broadway, Fair Lawn, NJ NJ & Surrounding Areas (201) 818-1514

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Loretta Marie B

I cannot explain how amazing our wedding pictures came out. Rick Helman photography was beyond professional, kind and courteous to what my husband and I wanted and went above and beyond since the day we booked our wedding with him. He came highly recommended by our wedding venue... Read More and my husband and I are over joyed that we chose him to be part of our happily ever after. Cannot say enough great things.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Jen D

Our wedding was July 1, 2017 and we couldn’t be happier that we used Rick Helman photography. As a newly engaged couple, we had no idea how important finding the right photographer was. As soon as we met Rick, we knew he was it! In our initial meeting Rick, we were incredibly... Read More impressed with the work that he showed us and we immediately were made to feel comfortable and heard due to his personable demeanor. Rick was not pushy, but rather he listened and made helpful suggestions. On the day of our wedding his entire crew was punctual, respectful, positive and energetic. We were thrilled to be surrounded by such wonderful people on our special day and beyond happy with our engagement photos, our wedding photos and our highlight video. We cannot thank Rick and his crew enough for capturing our love and happiness on our special day. I should also mentioned that a storm rolled in while we were taking our pictures and we got some INCREDIBLE shots, so there’s no need to panic if the weather looks rainy on the big day with Rick as your photographer.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Rachel C

We received Rick's information from The View on the Hudson and are so happy that we booked him and his team. Lauren and Ashley were amazing and we couldn't be more thrilled to have had them cover our wedding. They were creative and captured our day beautifully. I could not... Read More recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Janna M

Amazing! Ricks crew arrived early and stayed late to make sure they got everything we needed. Photos and video are great and everyone loved their photo booth. I highly recommend them

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

Very happy with the quality and service of this studio. My photos were excellent and the video was breathtaking

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 steven s

My wife and I love our wedding video. My wife and I watch the video all the time as well as our parents. Their price was competitive, and we felt the quality was far superior to anyone else we interviewed.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brooke m

AMAZING!!! The other reviews don't lie! Our experience was nothing more then stellar. We could not be any happier with our photos and video. Rick and his crew are a solid choice. True professionals in every way

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

My friends are still talking about my wedding photos and how funny Rick was during our photo shoot. My husband who never smiles had the most natural smile due to Rick making him laugh and feel comfortable during the photo shoot. Our album is absolutely amazing. His graphic... Read More designer made us a one-of-a-kind design that is truly artistic and elegant. Very happy with our choice of Rick Helman for out photo, video and photo booth

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

Rick and his team was excellent from start to finish. I had such a crazy bridal party and they knew how to take charge while keeping the photo shoot fun. The photos came out great and we could not be any happier. Rick is a must have if you are shopping photographers

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Liana H

Rick did our wedding on May 27 and we couldn't be happier. As soon as I saw Rick's albums, I knew we had to have him as our photographer. I have never seen such beautiful, detailed albums. We did an engagement shoot with Rick in June of last year and loved all the photos.... Read More Rick is so talented at finding good places for shots. He is very professional and so easy to work with. We just picked up our wedding photos this week and I can't stop looking at them. On the day of the wedding, so many people in our bridal party told us how much fun they had. On our wedding day, Rick came to my house to take pictures with my dog which was sooo awesome! He even knew the tricks to get my dog to look at the camera! Then when we got to the venue, our florist was there an hour late. Instead of sitting around waiting for the flowers, Rick stayed so calm and was able to figure out the most amazing shots without the flowers. He always responds within a day of emailing him, sometimes within minutes. He always also either answers phone calls or calls back right away. He is super knowledgeable and has so much experience with anything that comes up. He is super friendly and makes you feel so relaxed. I have so much anxiety all the time and honestly, taking pictures was one of the best parts of the wedding day for me. It was so much fun! We have so many awesome pictures to choose from that it is going to be difficult to pick the ones for the album. But, I can't wait because I know the album will look amazing! If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding, I would highly recommend Rick!!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Jordan A

I do not even have words for how amazing Rick and his team were on our wedding day. We got married on June 9, 2017, and from beginning to end we knew he would take care of us. If we requested it, he made sure we got it. He got shots that my husband and i could only dream about,... Read More which all turned out better than we imagined. We also had our engagement session with Rick, which was a blast. He really captured our love for one another, along with our personalities, in every image. We cannot wait to see the rest of our photos to come.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Madeline Z

Rick was the best.He is professional ,artistic,skilled and caring .He has the ability to make your happiness and live shine through his photography. He was a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Kristen I

We had seen some of the photos taken by Rick at our venue, the New York Country Club. And we had heard of his reputation through them and our DJ. Anyone we talked to said the same thing “He is the best. He may be a little bit pricey, but it’s so worth it”. And they weren’t... Read More lying. My husband and I only had to wait about 3 weeks after the wedding to receive ALL of our finalized photos – touched up and everything. We went through each one, and both of us cried. The pictures were perfect. There’s no better word to describe them. They captured each moment of our day perfectly, and reliving each moment of that day was nothing short of bliss. Our photographers, Lauren and Joe, were patient with us (a somewhat rowdy bunch), came with great ideas, and even stayed until the end of wedding, even though that meant staying longer than originally contracted to, by a few HOURS. They were “ghosts” during the reception, but still got the perfect shots, and weren’t “in your face” during the reception, but still managed to capture the joy on each persons’ face. Every big and little moment that meant everything to us that day was captured in photos, and they were perfect. I would recommend them to ANYONE. Such nice people, so much fun, and they really make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera (for those like me who don’t like to be photographed). They may be a LITTLE pricier than some, but let’s be honest, for the photos that will last you forever, on the biggest day of your life, THESE are the guys you want!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, I PROMISE!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Tracy Elizabeth V

Rick and his crew captured our memories expertly. I recently received my photos, and I love reliving the day all over again. Rick made everyone at ease and got every shot that we requested. We had 2 photographers. I could not have asked for a better team to capture our day.... Read More We cannot recommend Rick Helman highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 AJ J

AWESOME!!!!!!! KOOL!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!! My wife Jackie & I got married on Aug 7, 2016 at The View on the Hudson. Rick was recommended to us, as where two additional photographers. We met Rick at his home & immediately knew he was the one to capture our special day. He places you... Read More at ease with his professional & friendly demeanor, knows what the client wants & is extremely accommodating. From start to finish he works with you to capture some of the most memorable & magical shots that will eternally grace your wedding album for you & your family to enjoy. We couldn't stop smiling at how amazing he made us look. We're looking forward to framing several of his beautiful pictures to adorn our home with. Rick uses the latest in video technology to immortalize our wedding, giving us the blessed joy of reliving our fairytale wedding in HD quality whenever our hearts desire. Rick even suggested a DJ for us, which we are still indebtedly grateful for. I highly recommend Rick Helman for all of your photographic functions....especially your wedding. I believe true love can seen & captured on camera, so why not use the very best....Thank you Rick.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Christine L

We are very happy with Rick Helman and his talented crew. Several of our guests commented how great our photographers were. They arrived early, had my entire bridal party and family laughing and enjoying the photo shoot. We got many amazing photos and they even posted several... Read More teasers on Facebook and Instagram for us to share with our friends. We are very happy we went with Rick Helman for photography, video and photo booth

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stacie b

My husband and I cannot be any happier with our photographs and video. I highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Julie G

All I can say is how great our experience was with Rick Helman and his team. They gave us much more then we ever expected and could not be happier with their work. Would definitely recommend

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Julie G

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer B

Rick was amazing to work with, he is very detail oriented and professional. He was able to capture our personalities perfectly and have each pose look incredibly natural, which was important to me. All the photos from our wedding are incredible, Rick was able to capture each... Read More moment perfectly. Most notably, taking an 85 person family photo with everyone visible. I would definitely recommend Rick!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Gershni G

Rick is awesome, he is very personable. Anytime we had any questions or ideas he was very responsive and quick. He is on top of his game and goes above and beyond. Would definitely hire him for future services.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Alexandra B

Rick and his team were amazing! They were so professional and polite. They made sure to get any and all posed shots that we wanted, as well as infinite shots of the entire party itself. There were many photos to choose from for our album and our bridal parties all commented on... Read More how fun and flexible Rick and his team were. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Christina M

Rick and his team are the absolute best! if i could give 10 stars, i would. we had fun shooting our engagement photos, our wedding pics were just beautiful. it was a wonderful, stress-free experience. we also had a photo booth through rick which everyone went crazy for. the... Read More pictures are more beautiful than you expect, and not ur boring average poses. easiest decision to pick Rick during the whole wedding planning.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Lisa Z

Rick was absolutely amazing! My husband and I were so pleased with Rick and his team for our wedding pictures. He was so much fun to work with and he would even show us the pictures throughout the night to make sure we were happy with them. My husband and I were not familiar... Read More with the area we got married at so we let Rick take the reigns and he did not disappoint by any means! He found us a perfect spot that tied into our lives. We also rented the photobooth through him and it was probably one of the best wedding photobooths I've ever had. The lighting was on point. He provided the props and I was given the album of all the photobooth strips with messages from my guests that night. I would hire Rick again in a heartbeat. Thanks for everything!

Perfectly captured our day!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Cindy

I am overwhelmed with how beautiful our photos are!! Rick and his assistant were both great to work with. They were so patient and meticulous in setting up shots...yet we didn't run out of time and they managed to get all of the photos that we really wanted of our family and... Read More friends. The candid photos from the reception are great too! They captured the emotions of the day and did so beautifully. I would highly recommend their services to anyone.