Rick Helman Photography and Video Inc.

NJ & Surrounding Areas

International award winning photography & video

Rick Helman Photography and Video has a unique style that is sought after by our clients. Our style blends a classic look with elements of fashion photography and photojournalism, and the result is fresh, natural, and fun. We have won many awards for our photography and have been published internati

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

39-40 Broadway, Fair Lawn, NJ NJ & Surrounding Areas (201) 818-1514

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Loretta Marie B

I cannot explain how amazing our wedding pictures came out. Rick Helman photography was beyond professional, kind and courteous to what my husband and I wanted and went above and beyond since the day we booked our wedding with him. He came highly recommended by our wedding venue... Read More and my husband and I are over joyed that we chose him to be part of our happily ever after. Cannot say enough great things.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Liana H

Rick did our wedding on May 27 and we couldn't be happier. As soon as I saw Rick's albums, I knew we had to have him as our photographer. I have never seen such beautiful, detailed albums. We did an engagement shoot with Rick in June of last year and loved all the photos.... Read More Rick is so talented at finding good places for shots. He is very professional and so easy to work with. We just picked up our wedding photos this week and I can't stop looking at them. On the day of the wedding, so many people in our bridal party told us how much fun they had. On our wedding day, Rick came to my house to take pictures with my dog which was sooo awesome! He even knew the tricks to get my dog to look at the camera! Then when we got to the venue, our florist was there an hour late. Instead of sitting around waiting for the flowers, Rick stayed so calm and was able to figure out the most amazing shots without the flowers. He always responds within a day of emailing him, sometimes within minutes. He always also either answers phone calls or calls back right away. He is super knowledgeable and has so much experience with anything that comes up. He is super friendly and makes you feel so relaxed. I have so much anxiety all the time and honestly, taking pictures was one of the best parts of the wedding day for me. It was so much fun! We have so many awesome pictures to choose from that it is going to be difficult to pick the ones for the album. But, I can't wait because I know the album will look amazing! If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding, I would highly recommend Rick!!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Jordan A

I do not even have words for how amazing Rick and his team were on our wedding day. We got married on June 9, 2017, and from beginning to end we knew he would take care of us. If we requested it, he made sure we got it. He got shots that my husband and i could only dream about,... Read More which all turned out better than we imagined. We also had our engagement session with Rick, which was a blast. He really captured our love for one another, along with our personalities, in every image. We cannot wait to see the rest of our photos to come.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Madeline Z

Rick was the best.He is professional ,artistic,skilled and caring .He has the ability to make your happiness and live shine through his photography. He was a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Kristen I

We had seen some of the photos taken by Rick at our venue, the New York Country Club. And we had heard of his reputation through them and our DJ. Anyone we talked to said the same thing “He is the best. He may be a little bit pricey, but it’s so worth it”. And they weren’t... Read More lying. My husband and I only had to wait about 3 weeks after the wedding to receive ALL of our finalized photos – touched up and everything. We went through each one, and both of us cried. The pictures were perfect. There’s no better word to describe them. They captured each moment of our day perfectly, and reliving each moment of that day was nothing short of bliss. Our photographers, Lauren and Joe, were patient with us (a somewhat rowdy bunch), came with great ideas, and even stayed until the end of wedding, even though that meant staying longer than originally contracted to, by a few HOURS. They were “ghosts” during the reception, but still got the perfect shots, and weren’t “in your face” during the reception, but still managed to capture the joy on each persons’ face. Every big and little moment that meant everything to us that day was captured in photos, and they were perfect. I would recommend them to ANYONE. Such nice people, so much fun, and they really make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera (for those like me who don’t like to be photographed). They may be a LITTLE pricier than some, but let’s be honest, for the photos that will last you forever, on the biggest day of your life, THESE are the guys you want!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, I PROMISE!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Tracy Elizabeth V

Rick and his crew captured our memories expertly. I recently received my photos, and I love reliving the day all over again. Rick made everyone at ease and got every shot that we requested. We had 2 photographers. I could not have asked for a better team to capture our day.... Read More We cannot recommend Rick Helman highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 AJ J

AWESOME!!!!!!! KOOL!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!! My wife Jackie & I got married on Aug 7, 2016 at The View on the Hudson. Rick was recommended to us, as where two additional photographers. We met Rick at his home & immediately knew he was the one to capture our special day. He places you... Read More at ease with his professional & friendly demeanor, knows what the client wants & is extremely accommodating. From start to finish he works with you to capture some of the most memorable & magical shots that will eternally grace your wedding album for you & your family to enjoy. We couldn't stop smiling at how amazing he made us look. We're looking forward to framing several of his beautiful pictures to adorn our home with. Rick uses the latest in video technology to immortalize our wedding, giving us the blessed joy of reliving our fairytale wedding in HD quality whenever our hearts desire. Rick even suggested a DJ for us, which we are still indebtedly grateful for. I highly recommend Rick Helman for all of your photographic functions....especially your wedding. I believe true love can seen & captured on camera, so why not use the very best....Thank you Rick.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Christine L

We are very happy with Rick Helman and his talented crew. Several of our guests commented how great our photographers were. They arrived early, had my entire bridal party and family laughing and enjoying the photo shoot. We got many amazing photos and they even posted several... Read More teasers on Facebook and Instagram for us to share with our friends. We are very happy we went with Rick Helman for photography, video and photo booth

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stacie b

My husband and I cannot be any happier with our photographs and video. I highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Julie G

All I can say is how great our experience was with Rick Helman and his team. They gave us much more then we ever expected and could not be happier with their work. Would definitely recommend

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Julie G

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer B

Rick was amazing to work with, he is very detail oriented and professional. He was able to capture our personalities perfectly and have each pose look incredibly natural, which was important to me. All the photos from our wedding are incredible, Rick was able to capture each... Read More moment perfectly. Most notably, taking an 85 person family photo with everyone visible. I would definitely recommend Rick!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Gershni G

Rick is awesome, he is very personable. Anytime we had any questions or ideas he was very responsive and quick. He is on top of his game and goes above and beyond. Would definitely hire him for future services.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Alexandra B

Rick and his team were amazing! They were so professional and polite. They made sure to get any and all posed shots that we wanted, as well as infinite shots of the entire party itself. There were many photos to choose from for our album and our bridal parties all commented on... Read More how fun and flexible Rick and his team were. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Christina M

Rick and his team are the absolute best! if i could give 10 stars, i would. we had fun shooting our engagement photos, our wedding pics were just beautiful. it was a wonderful, stress-free experience. we also had a photo booth through rick which everyone went crazy for. the... Read More pictures are more beautiful than you expect, and not ur boring average poses. easiest decision to pick Rick during the whole wedding planning.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Lisa Z

Rick was absolutely amazing! My husband and I were so pleased with Rick and his team for our wedding pictures. He was so much fun to work with and he would even show us the pictures throughout the night to make sure we were happy with them. My husband and I were not familiar... Read More with the area we got married at so we let Rick take the reigns and he did not disappoint by any means! He found us a perfect spot that tied into our lives. We also rented the photobooth through him and it was probably one of the best wedding photobooths I've ever had. The lighting was on point. He provided the props and I was given the album of all the photobooth strips with messages from my guests that night. I would hire Rick again in a heartbeat. Thanks for everything!

Perfectly captured our day!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Cindy

I am overwhelmed with how beautiful our photos are!! Rick and his assistant were both great to work with. They were so patient and meticulous in setting up shots...yet we didn't run out of time and they managed to get all of the photos that we really wanted of our family and... Read More friends. The candid photos from the reception are great too! They captured the emotions of the day and did so beautifully. I would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Beautiful Shots and Portratis

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 sara b

Thank you, Rick for our one-of-a-kind, beautiful photos! From the early morning, hot, hours to the end of the afternoon, Rick was snapping away and capturing our wedding day, guests and personalities. What we loved was his attention to detail and time spent getting those... Read More perfect shots. Meeting Rick and looking through his photography, it is no surprise that he is top rated. We love all 1,300 of our pictures!

Very proffesional

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

I have been in many wedding parties. 5 to be exact. Many photographers have different styles. The great thing about Rick Hellman and co is they are professionals. Well above all my friends weddings . Rick personally made sure my bride had every picture she wanted. Me? I just... Read More wanted it to be easy. I didn't want to be rushed and definitely needed my time with close people on my big day. Rick was on time and ready. Him and his assistants covered everything. The tux, the rings, candid photos, and mixes of bride/ groomsmen, groom/bridesmaids. We have photos of everything!! They also did our video and a photobooth. Everything was a success!! Professional and experienced. 5 stars all around!

Lifetime of memories

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

My groom and I agreed that we wanted the best photos and video possible of our wedding day. It was the only thing that would allow us to truly re-experience our wedding day 10-20 years from now. Rick ad his crew are very professional but very friendly. They all made me feel at... Read More easy and guided me through each shot. It was incredible to see the shots I didn't know were being taken....of myself and the bridesmaids, my groom, the entire reception, etc. Rick is truly a professional and his work is impecable. You will NOT be disappointed.

Fantastic!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Chrissy D

Rick and his team were phenomena il. He captured every special moment in both video and pictures. Looking at my pictures brings me to such a happy place! We had so many pictures to choose from for our wedding album. The video is so well done. It brings me back to our special... Read More day! You will not be disappointed!

Love, love, love Rick Helman Photo

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Hands down the best vendor we used. We booked Rick for photo, video and photo booth and are so happy on how smoothly everything went. We love our photos and cannot wait till see the finished video and albums. Thank you Rick!

truly the best!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Rick Helman and his team was A++. From the first meeting till we picked up the photos every moment was perfect and professional. Rick was funny and made my husband and I feel completely at ease the entire photo shoot. My guests were all commenting that Rick and his crew... Read More (photo and video) were amazing. I am so happy we found him and you should to.

In great hands on your big day

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Erin E

Rick Helman and his staff are professional, artistic, classy, unobtrusive, quality and perfection oriented photographers. We are so happy with our experience with this company. There is no doubt you will have gorgeous and special pictures if you go with this vendor!

Stellar Photographer

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Veronica C

Rick provided my engagement photography and will be providing my wedding photography as well. He was absolutely stellar. He is so accommodating and easy to work with. I had told him I wanted a cafe/cozy/fall shoot and he suggested Ridgewood, NJ. We made the appointment for a... Read More little more than a week later and he was so flexible with date and time. He was right on time for our shoot and made us feel comfortable from the moment he began. My fiance hates getting his picture taken, but he was laughing and chatting away with Rick the whole time which made the shoot feel so natural. He is very personable and professional, and was really intuitive about how my fiance and I interact with one another. He probably took about 300 pictures and shared his images with us as we went along to make sure we got the pictures we wanted. We left happy, and within 2 days we had all of our pictures! It's so nice that there are people in the world that are dedicated to their craft the way he is. Thank you Rick!!!