Ricky Stern Photography

Have Wedding? Will Travel!

Fun, Beautiful and Modern

I'm all about you, the bride! Your happiness is priority 1, 2 and 3 for me, both with your photos and your wedding day experience. I want you to have the exact day you want; if you're having fun and loving every second, the pictures take care of themselves :) As long as I'm the photographer, that is.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Miami, FL Have Wedding? Will Travel! (305) 281-4411

Team Ricky!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Rachel S

There are so many amazing things to say about Ricky that it is very hard to put it all into words...but here goes! Let me just say that before I begin, I interviewed other photographers for my wedding before I found out about Ricky, and hated them all. I thought they were... Read More obnoxious, condescending, and/or had no personality. Not to mention they were RIDICULOUSLY expensive and provided limited coverage for a base package and high price. So let's discuss why Ricky is different. I hired Ricky to do my wedding at the Westin Colonnade on July 26, 2014. I was referred to him by a co worker of mine who had recently used him for her wedding back in 2013. She raved about him and said how cool and awesome he was and the showed me all of the beautiful pictures that he took, so of course, I called him.... ...And she was absolutely right. From our first meeting, I knew he was it. It came into our meeting place, photo albums in hand, and just began talking as if we were only friends...and that's exactly how it felt! You feel like you've known him your whole life since he is so easy to talk to and get along with. He has in infectious personality that appeals to all. My parents, and more importantly, ALL of my wedding guests continue to RAVE about him and how much fun he was to work with to this day. Seriously. I just sent out our online wedding photos to some family members and wedding party members and the first thing they said, even before saying "beautiful pictures", was "Gosh, Ricky is amazing!" You will never find anyone who takes his job more seriously than Ricky. He responds to your emails within hours...sometimes even minutes, and is always available at your disposal if you have any concerns or questions about your wedding or event. He is punctual and professional about his work and you are guaranteed to get perfect shots! On your wedding day Ricky is completely devoted to his brides. He even carries your wedding dress (and your purse!) to your suite to get dressed. He makes you feel comfortable during your inevitably-awkward bridal portraits while everyone is watching. You will definitely feel like a model! He gets through the dreaded, daunting family portraits and table portraits swiftly and efficiently so you can spend your time having fun with your guests...and they all came out great! He has a very creative eye so I recommended to everyone to take the fun photos that he suggests! He captured my ceremony and reception so well that I didn't even know about half of the things he got on film! And best of all, he knows how to collaborate well with other vendors and work as a team. When working with Ricky, keep in mind that you get the full rights to EVERY SINGLE PHOTO that he takes. No watermarks. No hidden BS. You can even share your photos with your friends and family online so everyone can see your hundreds of photos! I am obsessed with my photos and I cannot wait to have another opportunity to work with him again. I would recommend him until I'm blue in the face and give him an infinite amount of stars. To all you S.FLa brides out there...STOP SEARCHING! What are you waiting for? Shoot him an email or give him a call. You'll thank me later.

Simply Stunning Photography

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Leslie B

Ricky is a dream to work with and he captures the most amazing moments of your wedding. From the "must have" shots that he will sit down with you and discuss before the event to the other, unexpected and breathtaking shots he has such an eye for, you will be blown away with the... Read More end result. When we met Ricky, I told him that one thing I loved most about his portfolio is that he tailors the style and editing of his work to highlight the mood and theme of the wedding. I wanted a soft, romantic, vintage feel to our photos while still being artistic, unique, and fun. I don't know how he did, but he nailed it! Ricky is a lot of fun and has a great personality, he fit right in and helped me and my guests have a great time. He was hands down, the best investment we made on our wedding day. During our wedding, before we even saw the shots, people were commenting on how great his work is. A couple weeks later when we received the edited work, our friends and family were floored. Seriously, if you want an amazing photographer, look no further.

My Favorite Wedding Vendor

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Kayla R

Ricky is not just a "vendor".....he's a creative professional that anyone would be lucky to collaborate with on their wedding day. He has a unique style and his approach to get the perfect shot is charming but also fun and exciting. I live in New York and was having a wedding in... Read More Florida so most of our communication was done via email and on the phone. He made it so easy and comfortable to work with. I inquired about his services through his website and received an email back within 10 - 20 min max.! Come to think of it, anytime I emailed he would answer right away! Service is extremely important to me and I know it lacks in the wedding industry so Ricky's attention to this detail was refreshing. Not only is he super professional through his service and explaining the different packages, he is extremely talented!! My guest raved about him and couldn't wait to see the pictures! I was so excited to see them as well!! To my surprise, my husband and I received an email from Ricky when we were on our honeymoon (only 4 days after the wedding) with the subject, "sneak peek". He had created a slide show capturing our special day that put me to tears and I must have watched it 50 times during our honeymoon (sorry to give away this nice surprise for future brides, but I couldn't hold back)! Ricky's video was even better than my videographers trailer. Our pictures and wedding album are so beautiful - everything captures the day perfectly. You would be lucky to work with Ricky. Hurry up and book him before someone else does!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 April D

Ricky is a magician with a camera. Your wedding day will fly by so fast and you NEED Ricky to be there to capture all the beautiful moments and make them look stunningly gorgeous! In a crazy short amount of time he creates works of art. He kept our wedding party laughing the... Read More whole day, and he was so easy to work with during the planning process. He is responsive to communication and is always willing to pick up the phone and give you good advice before your big day. We are so lucky to have worked with Ricky. Look nowhere else. He is the best!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Arielle H

Magic. Ricky Stern is pure magic. A joy to work with before, during, and after the wedding, and in the months since the wedding, we still talk about him pretty regularly! The quality of his art is top-notch, he's personable and enthusiastic, shows pride in his... Read More professionalism, and his photos now grace our walls at home. If he's still shooting when my future kids get married, I'll hire him again!!

Reviewed on 3/02/2016 robyn g

ricky has a style and energy.... i LOVE. he has an uncanny ability/6th sense to see what is not obvious to most and capture the moment... it is photo-journalistic / photo art. the elements he includes (light from a window, a shadow, a piece of art, or an unusual perspective)... Read More coupled with the emotion he captures, make for genuine and authentic memories to last a lifetime.. he is fun to be around and all my guests adored him... and so did we!!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Katie C

Ricky photographed our engagement shoot and wedding both, and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. He seamlessly integrated himself into the party, and truly captured the spirit of our wedding. He's also super funny and fun to be around!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Shamy

We hired Ricky for both our Engagement and Wedding Photos and both are truly gifts that will last a lifetime. If you've seen his portfolio, it's a given that the photos are brilliant and beautiful and truly the best quality - but what you don't see (at first) is how amazing he... Read More is to work with. He's fun and imaginative and flexible (literally - the Dude will crawl all over the ground for the right shot). We enjoyed his company as much as we enjoyed our photos. We are difficult to photograph, but you wouldn't know that looking at his work - and that's due, in part, to the connection we had with him during our shoots. Thank you, Ricky - we'll always be grateful!

1 in 7 billion

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Most guys probably step aside when it comes to wedding photographers but being raised by my father, a professional photographer and with him unfortunately being unable to make our wedding...I felt it was important we found someone who could match his eye for a good shot and keen... Read More attention to detail...so the search began and I cam across Ricky's profile on the knot. I immediately recognised his artistic flare and originality in each picture. We gave Ricky a call and I was thoroughly impressed with his interpersonal skills, his enthusiasm for his work and the level of energy he brought to our vision of our big day. Over the months leading up to the wedding, Ricky was ALWAYS available, always willing and happy to offer any kind of feedback or ideas as needed to make sure we had the perfect day set up. Our wedding was a 7 day ordeal on a cruise line which was daunting, even for us, to comprehend someone managing to cover the entire affair each day...Ricky didn't do that...Ricky covered every damn second of that trip, day and night, with 100% energy from day 1 to day 7. He captured moments we didn't even realise were moments. From breakfast right through to the parties at 4, 5 even 6am some nights...Ricky was right there with his backpack full of cameras rolling around like Rambo catching all the action. Some of Ricky's greatest qualities are; full of energy all the time, very enthusiastic about his work, keen eye for detail and shots, very personable, blends in with the group and great with all the guests and he never missed a beat. Now, we don't ever have to wish we could go back...we simply sit down and open up the photo album. If you're reading this...look no further, I promise you're making the right choice... Ricky, you're a gentleman and we can never thank you enough. We'll see you at our renewals in a few years ;D

One Lucky Bride :)

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

I dont even know where to begin as i wouldn't even want to share him with the world! I had a destination cruise wedding scheduled in St. Thomas in Oct of last year. I needed a photographer who was willing to spend 7 days/nights running around the ship with my 80+ guests... Read More capturing every moment and ones i didnt even know about. I called a few people and when he picked up the phone and I heard his voice and told him what i needed, the response I got was exactly what i was looking for. He was soo enthusiastic and so ready to give me everything of what i needed, i couldnt believe i had found him. He 100% worked with me in negotiating the right price for me and from there it was set, i was gonna have Ricky Stern be my wing man photographer on the boat. He kept in touch with me, sent me fun messages till the wedding day telling me how excited he was which made me more excited knowing he was ready for me!! We got on the boat and the captain said that a hurricane hit St. Thomas and my wedding was blown away! needless to say i was so upset and cried, but Ricky made sure that I knew he was there for me and was going to make my wedding photos memorable no matter what or where it was going to be and let me tell you!!! HE WAS THE BEST DECISION I MADE, besides marrying my hubby!! my god!!! i couldnt have asked for more! he got every shot, artist to fun, to crazy to what ever i needed, he was charming and funny, got a long with my whole family and by the end of the trip he produced a wedding video for the whole crew to watch. He would take hundreds of photos daily/nightly and when we passed out, he would stay up and edit them so that days photos where ready to go.. Not go home and see what he had after the cruise!! i mean 7 days every day, he would capture it all and i mean all with a smile and his ninja skills... He would roll from one side of the ship to the other, place the light here, move that way and i wouldnt even see him and he was getting amazing shots. By the end of the trip, my entire family was in love with him and once we seen what he had produced!! WOW!! i can go on about Ricky Stern for ever!!! I so dont want to share him and i get jealous when i see he's shooting for other brides. He is the most amazing photographer ever! and if you can book him you are one lucky bride!!! and i mean lucky!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Ricky Stern is simply the BEST photographer! We were so lucky he was available on our date with not too long of a notice. He will capture every moment without missing a beat. Looking back through the pictures from our wedding, my husband and I are astonished at the amount of... Read More pictures Ricky was able to take within such a tight schedule. I can promise you that he will not disappoint. He was extremely flexible making arrangements prior to the wedding and on the day of the wedding, he was caring, fun, and so professional! Will hire him myself (and definitely recommend him to anyone else) for any event that needs a professional photographer from now until forever. Thank you for everything Ricky. You are the top! Cindy Ellis

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Ricky was amazing to work with and I couldn't have been happier with our engagement and wedding photos. He truly went above and beyond to make our photos memorable. At one point I remember seeing him sliding on his back on the dance floor for the perfect shot. We love him!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Becca B

Besides marrying the love of your life, Ricky will hands down be the best part of your day! Every time I go back and look at my photos I cry. I can 100% say I would not cry if it wasn't Ricky who photographed our wedding. When looking at a picture, I can remember that exact... Read More moment. During the day, you never had to wonder "Will this moment have a picture?" Because you knew that it would be. I felt like Ricky was more of a guest at wedding than someone that I actually hired. The night wouldn't have been the same without him there, not only because of the pictures, but because of his energy, fun-spirit, and personality. Not only did my husband and I love having him there, but all of my wedding party, family, and friends loved Ricky as well! I did my research on South Florida photographers and as soon as I saw Ricky's work and spoke to him I knew he was the right choice for me. If you are deciding on someone in this area, you cannot go wrong with Ricky. Capturing memories was the most important thing for my wedding and Ricky did not disappoint. I am trying to think of other reasons to have another shoot with Ricky, maybe when we have a little one on the way!

RICKY IS A GENIUS!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

If you are a looking for a creative photographer, who is a CEO at his art, then look no further.. Ricky Stern is your man. I knew Ricky personally before I really met him professionally, so I already admired how funny and on target he is with the way he thinks. I have the... Read More utmost faith and love for his photos, in all his work I have seen, and especially from my wedding day! He made all the moments more magical by capturing the essence of them. I truly cannot put into words why he is the absolute best - it's the overall experience with Ricky Stern!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 K P

I was planning our florida wedding from NC and picked all my vendors based on reviews and their websites. We were really lucky to have found Ricky. He is a thorough professional, fun to be around and captured all our big moments flawlessly. If you are looking for someone that... Read More is super responsive (he was the first photographer to respond to my inquiry) especially via email ( I can't take calls at work), you can blindly pick Ricky and know you will get high quality work. I was really afraid of how the photos would turnout seeing some of the pictures my friends and family had but I had absolutely nothing to worry about because 2 weeks after the wedding, I had all my pictures and there weren't any bad ones. The reason I chose him was the way he captures candid shots and he didn't disappoint. All the reviews are true. He is awesome!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

I cannot thank Ricky Stern enough for the AMAZING moments he captured at our wedding. I met Ricky in law school 15 years ago. When he told me that he was following his passion and pursuing a photography career I knew that he would be my photographer the day I got married. In... Read More fact he was the only part of my wedding I knew for sure many years in advance (that includes the groom :)) The week I got engaged, I called Ricky and booked him and his ticket to Cincinnati Ohio. Ricky's attention to detail and his creativity make his pictures amazing and unique. They are definitely not the boring wedding pictures our parents had. Ricky is also great at making sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing while at the same time putting the bride at ease. Ricky is a true artist and photographer. I would highly recommend Ricky for any wedding...anywhere!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Alyssa A

Ricky was incredible. He was so professional yet friendly and easygoing he made all of us feel comfortable and made the photo sessions feel so natural. Even my husband and all of his groomsmen had a great time (their shots were so funny). He captured beautiful pictures yet... Read More didn't appear invasive at all during the ceremony or throughout the whole evening. He managed to get the greatest photos without interrferring with our enjoying the wedding. He was great with making my little nieces and nephews laugh while they had to stand and take family photos. They actually enjoyed the photo part!!!! The photos he captured were so beautiful and creative. The way he works with light is magic. You can't ask for a better photographer on the most important day of your life.

A Genius, Artist, and Friend

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 Lupearelis L

Ricky Stern is an amazing person. Super nice and down to earth, he will feel like family almost immediately. My husband and I cannot stop raving about Ricky, and his workmanship shows as every person who attended our wedding is stunned and amazed at how efficient and quick he... Read More is. He sees things differently and catches things in the act, making a perfect picture the end result every single time. I was so comfortable around Ricky, and maybe his personality is another reason why he is able to get so much out of people that produces amazing results. I have found my photographer for all life's events, Ricky Stern.

Working with Ricky was Fabulous

Reviewed on 3/07/2015 Hillary R

We first met with Ricky via Skype - we both knew he was the photographer for us. He understood that there were certain formal pictures that we needed to get done, but that we also wanted photos that captured the true mood of the day. We have a very large family with an even... Read More larger family formals must-have list. Ricky worked with us to make sure that we had enough time to capture all the formals we needed to. Ricky was efficient in moving through our list, but so thoughtful and creative in taking the photos. We just received the final package of our edited photos, and they are stunning. Ricky captured all of the emotions of the day, and our crazy, outgoing families in the perfect light. Ricky was absolutely a pleasure to work with, and the quality of his work is phenomenal. High recommend working with Ricky!

An outstanding experience!

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Angela T

The first thing that I have to say is that as soon as we had our first meeting with Ricky, we knew he was the guy that we wanted taking the pictures at our wedding. We had met with other photographers that said they would do whatever we wanted, however when we told them what we... Read More wanted, they tried to steer us in a different direction. When Ricky told us that, he actually meant it. For example, we did not want to spend too much time away from the party taking our shots...he totally made that happen! He also totally respected the fact that although some people enjoy doing the first look between bride and groom before the ceremony, it was important to my husband that we did not do that. He also explained his expertise without pushing. I think one of the reasons we enjoyed having him work our wedding (aside from how amazing our pictures and album came out) was how well he fit in! He was so amazing with everyone! He was completely comfortable with everyone and made them feel the same with him! He was able to laugh with us and add to the happiness of the event! The icing on the cake of course is how amazing the pictures and album came out. Within days he had the teaser set to music and sent to us. Within a couple of weeks he had the website set up and sent to us! After we picked the pictures, he had the album put together and sent us every quickly as well! The shots that he was able to get, especially because he worked by himself, we're just outstanding! We could not believe that he was able to run around that quickly! Ricky helped make our wedding something that we can always look back on and remember how beautiful it was! You will not regret hiring him!

Great wedding photographer! Value is outstanding!

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Jared F

We were so incredibly thrilled with having Ricky Stern as our wedding photographer! We were planning our wedding from a few hours away, so we were able to talk to Ricky over Skype to get things planned. From the get-go, Ricky listened to what was important to us! He established... Read More a time-line for all of the important pictures, and we really appreciated this organization. You could tell that he generally cared about getting good pics! Aside from that, he was amazing to work with. He has a great personality, was so much fun, and was quick on his feet and worked hard to make sure he captured everything throughout the night! Once the wedding was over, he put together a highlight video of important moments, and this blew us away! We were very happy with the final pictures as well. We would definitely recommend Ricky. His prices were a lot more reasonable than other photographers, and we thought the value was incredible!

Look no further!

Reviewed on 8/15/2014

Ricky and I went to school together but lost track over the years as I moved away from Miami. We reconnected on Facebook through mutual school friends and I was blown away by the amazing photos he was posting! They were so thoughtful and creative, not at all your... Read More stereotypical wedding photos... they were art! I called him and insisted he shoot our wedding in March and he was so gracious to do it! His prices are incredibly reasonable and he was so accommodating of my family's requests. We were SO thrilled with the photos. He knew instinctively the moments he wanted to capture, even pulling us back under the Chupah after the ceremony and after the guests had left to get the perfect "kiss the bride" photos! He sent us the most amazing photo slideshow just days after the wedding with a "teaser" reel of what was to come. I'm a hard act to please when it comes to photography, and I give Ricky a GRADE A!

Could not have asked for anyone better!

Reviewed on 8/15/2014 Nicole W

Planning my FL wedding from NYC was very challenging at first, especially when it came to vendor selections. I relied solely on the knot reviews, and when I came upon Ricky's page I noticed there was not 1 bad review. Once talking to him on the phone I instantly realized he was... Read More going to be great. He is so personable and easy going, yet at the same time so serious about his work and your important wedding day. He made me feel like he was honored to work with US, and wanted to make sure he catered to our specific requests. Fast forward months later to our wedding day and Ricky showed up with the biggest energy. By the end of the wedding most my guests knew him- he was on top of it, capturing every aspect of our wedding, all the meanwhile ensuring that the bride was satisfied at every step of the way. From getting ready, to self portraits, to the church, and after party, he got every amazing angle possible. He didn't even stop for dinner, he was all about US. I could not have asked for better photos; There were Funny, serious, romantic, and artistic shots (1000s of them). Lastly, on our first day into our honeymoon I received the nicest email from him thanking us for letting him shoot our wedding. To my surprise, he had put together a wedding video/slide show, with several of his best shots, documenting from start to finish our wedding day. It was about 5 minutes long and literally the best gift I could have received, since I did not pay for a videographer. I highly recommend Ricky for your wedding day! You will not be disappointed!

A wonderful talent and such a pleasure!

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Chelsea G

Ricky was truly a pleasure to work with. He was so easy-going, fun and calm throughout the experience while still providing enough direction and guidance to keep things on schedule. I was a nervous wreck on the big day, but he kept things light and fun, and I never felt... Read More contrived or odd while posing. He felt like an old friend. Ricky's style is so modern, fresh and bright that even professional designers I know praised the results that we received. We have used online printing services to order prints and they all came out great. Ricky was easy to communicate with before, during and after, and he met all our needs to a T. Ricky is a true professional, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Awesome eclectic photos!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Kim A

We wanted a photographer who didn't take all of the usual photos, so we could have unique photos to enjoy for years to come. He was extremely easy to communicate with during the planning process and was a great price for a wedding in South Florida. The day of our wedding he... Read More arrived early and scoped out the best spots. He was efficient and fast during the entire day, and very professional. We had such a fun time with him!! I have recommended him to everyone I know and wouldn't change a thing about our photos on our wedding day. We have so many to choose from it's hard to decide what to frame!!!

Start a Conversation!