Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Kansas City, MO (816) 305-2184

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Melanie M

Kyle and Melissa are the perfect pair. My husband and I are really awkward when it comes to photos, but both Kyle and Melissa are so easy going and great with instructions. Our photos turned out beautifully. They were even willing to photograph our dogs for our engagement photos... Read More and come to Disney for our wedding! We are so glad we met them and couldn't imagine why anyone would choose anyone else.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Johnna R

Wow I can' t say enough about Kyle & Melissa. We met with several photographers when we were trying to decide and no one else was as professional but also made us feel as comfortable from the beginning as they did. Their photos were not just beautiful but they are really smart... Read More and good at finding a different angle for your photos so they look different from other photographers. For our engagements photos they were willing to travel to my home town which was a couple of hours away. This meant the world to me since I wasn't actually getting married there. The day of the wedding they kept everything flowing perfectly and even knew when I was getting a little too hot, tired and needed a break. Would highly recommend them !

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Dorothy G

Melissa and Kyle were absolutely terrific! From the beginning stages of the process though the big day, they made everything easy and so much fun! We had several planning meetings and they helped us craft a timeline for the day with lots of extra time built in so we weren't... Read More rushed at all. They gave us lots of great ideas (like for the men to go for a morning shave and to do a first look so we could actually enjoy the cocktail hour with our large family)! Throughout the day, Kyle, Melissa, and Anthony made what could have been a very hectic and stressful day, relaxing and fun! It was like we were hanging out with friends. The slideshow at the wedding was a HUGE hit and everyone loved getting to see the great shots they had captured earlier in the day! One of the things that drew us to Rivas Photography initially is the artistic aspect of their photos. Not only will we have shots from the day that include all of our special people, we have beautiful art that will be passed down to future generations. Kyle has a real eye for capturing really unique and stunning photos. Anyone can take a photo, but Rivas Photography captures and produces world-class art. This was the easiest wedding decision we made! We couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Jennifer F

Kyle and Melissa are absolutely INCREDIBLE...as people and as photographers! They made us feel so comfortable with the day, were flexible and kind, and ended up creating pictures better than I could have every imagined! They created a slideshow of the ceremony for the reception... Read More that had everyone in tears... My friends and family couldn't say enough compliments about them. LOVE THEM!!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Amanda C

Kyle and Melissa are the most amazing people I have ever worked with. My husband and I were completely in awe of how above and beyond they went for our wedding! They were on time for everything, and made sure that everything we wanted was taken care of. They were not only our... Read More photographer, but became friends after everything was done! Thanks for all you did for us! We love you guys!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Colleen D

Kyle and Melissa were nothing short of AMAZING. From the engagement pictures to the gorgeous wedding photos, they were absolutely professional and fun! I got so many compliments at the reception about how wonderful they were. We also didn't have to wait long to see the both... Read More engagement and wedding photos. They did everything in a very timely manner. They also made sure that all of us in the wedding party was comfortable and made sure we got the necessary breaks from picture taking, as it was in the high 90s on our wedding day (we had an outdoor wedding). They were wonderful with our wedding party, and everyone had a great time. My husband and I are so happy that we chose Rivas, and if we had to do it all over again, we wouldn't choose anyone else!! Thank you so much, Kyle and Melissa!!

Awesome Photos and Super Sweet Personality

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Linda S

Kyle and Melissa from Rivas Media Photography are so sweet, friendly and passionate about photography. We got a ton of compliments not only on how awesome our photos turned out, but also on how patient, nice and caring the photographers were. Since we spent most of the wedding... Read More day with them, it was really important to find a photographer we would want to be around for the most important moments of our day and who could help ease some of the nerves. They were so easy going and constantly positive with how things were going. We got unlucky with bad weather for our first engagement photo session, but they totally listened to what kind of photos we wanted and worked with us to take a few despite the bad weather and then reschedule for another session. They had awesome ideas on where to take photos and also listened to where we wanted photos taken. With their three shooters on the wedding day, they truly captured every moment of the day. They even put together a slide show on the day of the wedding to show pictures from throughout our wedding day at the reception. This was a unique touch that wowed our guests even more. I would highly recommend them.

Rivas Media Photography

Reviewed on 7/16/2015

We are so happy that we chose Kyle and Melissa, the owners of Rivas Media Photography to photograph our daughter's wedding. They began the day photographing every detail of her wedding day, followed by the ceremony and reception. They were so attentive, but never intrusive.... Read More Because they were both shooting pictures all day, we had such a variety to choose from. They took the Bride and Groom, plus the Wedding party all over the city to capture so many beautiful, unique pictures. I loved their attention to detail. When we we all went to preview the pictures, I was so impressed how patient and insightful they were, not to mention the selection of exquisite desserts and Champagne ( or other beverages) that were awaiting us. They made us all feel welcome and we truly enjoyed the evening. We would highly recommend Rivas Media Photography to capture your day. You will not be disappointed! Robin Marsh (Very happy Mother of the Bride)

Fantastic in every way

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Forrest S

Working with Kyle was about as easy as it could have been. He was super laid back, easy to work with, and on top of things, but always managed to capture an excellent photograph. Knew some classic Kansas City spots too, which was a huge plus for us. You always hear about... Read More wedding horror stories for this or that reason, so if you want to avoid one of those, use Kyle. It'll be awesome.

Wonderful people. Wonderful photos.

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Sara L

Kyle and Melissa take the most amazing and artistic photographs, which is the reason that we had hired them. After that, we had found that their prices are very competitive - we bought their package with 12 hours of day of coverage and they included an engagement shoot and the... Read More digital copies of all of their photos. I know a lot of my friend's wedding photographers make you pay their fee for taking the photos and then make you pay the jacked up prices for their prints too. It's great to have a copy of the digital prints on hand. On top of that, Kyle and Melissa are some of the nicest people and go out of their way to make you feel great on your wedding day and during your shoots. They were great at controlling crowds and aided very well in getting everyone where they needed to be so the day ran smoothly. Kyle expressed how he often goes scouting on his days off to find more places for taking photos with his couples which shows how passionate he is about his work and it also makes for some awesome photos. Highly recommend. :-)

Great outdoor photos

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Mickey V

We booked a photo package that included an engagement shoot, which I would highly-recommend. It gave us a chance to get to know Kyle and Melissa better before the day of the wedding. They were kind enough to drive 2 hours out of KC, to shoot on a farm that’s been in my family... Read More for 3 generations. Some vendors we interviewed wouldn’t agree to travel so far or weren’t interested in shooting away from their favorite spots. Kyle and Melissa were enthusiastic to see a new location and came up with creative ideas to incorporate buildings and landscapes that are very familiar to my family, which made them really special to us. Kyle and Melissa brought that same enthusiasm to our wedding day and were calm and flexible when we inevitably had to make small changes our initial plans (timing, location, etc).

Great images, great value

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jess S

If you hire Rivas Media Photography to capture your wedding, you basically hire a photog team and a wedding coordinator all in one. I had a lot of anxieties about day-of scheduling: “when should I tell the bridal party to the ceremony location?” “How early should I do my hair... Read More and makeup?” …and so on. After a consultation, RMP provided us with a complete itinerary of our wedding day, at times it was broken down into 15-minute increments. This made it extremely easy for us to simply say “be here at X time” to all of our bridal party and family members who had to come early for photos or help in any way. Another plus to hiring RMP: flexibility. We wanted an outdoor ceremony and Missouri weather can be crazy, so we knew we had to have photographers who could “roll” with it and capture a moment no matter what. If you look through any of the RMP albums, you’ll see great photos, regardless of season or weather. I was really impressed with the way RMP was able to improvise and get amazing images. After witnessing how easy RMP was to work with, one of my bridesmaids booked them for her wedding. I would recommend them to anyone.

Rivas Media are the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jennifer B

Kyle and Melissa were so great to work with. They are so nice and very pleasant to work with. They make it fun and put your mind at ease. Kyle's work as a photographer is just amazing. His photos are really great and he has an eye for great shots. We loved our sessions with him.... Read More I would recommend him and rave about him to everyone I know. I get so many compliments on my photos!

August wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lori M

Kyle and Melissa were so much fun to work with. They helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera for our engagement and wedding pictures. The quality of the photos are amazing. Kyle scopes out various places prior to the wedding to help find new and unique ideas. They are... Read More both reliable and affordable, highly recommend using their services.

Best photographer in KC

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Katie T

Kyle is an absolutely amazing photographer! We were able to work with him on both our engagement and wedding pictures. We loved everyone of them! Kyle and Melissa are great to work with and listen to what their couples want!

Happy Mom

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

We love Rivas!! Kyle and Melissa are very professional and organized yet extremely personable and easy going. Their pictures take your breath away and all without filters or retouching. Kyle is extremely talented with a great eye for details. They really get to know the bride... Read More and groom and strive to meet and exceed their expectations. As the mother of the bride, I appreciated that they made a schedule for the day so it flowed very easily without me having to do a thing. They made it fun and stress free. Kyle sent them a stunning picture that very same night to post and the rest of the pictures were ready to view within 2 weeks! Included were engagement pictures and an engagement album, 2 photographers for the big day, wedding pictures and a wedding album, and a flash drive with ALL the pictures! I am keeping Rivas's number for when our youngest daughter gets married. Oh...and did I say how AMAZING the pictures are!!!

They made it awesome!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Michael P

They were the most professional and detail oriented vendors we worked with. The time and energy they put into our special day did not go unnoticed. From our first meeting to the follow up viewing of all the pictures, we could tell that they really cared about us and what they... Read More do. At the end of the day my bride was happy and that made the day perfect. We really enjoyed working with them and will recommend them to friends and family in the future. #RIVASROCKS

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Heather R

We absolutely LOVED Rivas Media! Their pictures are so brilliant and vibrant in color without any retouching or filters. Kyle has a true talent and eye for photography and I could not be happier with our pictures. Kyle and Melissa were so sweet and patient in dealing with us... Read More during that stressful time. They met with us multiple times to make sure we were comfortable with everything and that we did not have any questions. Whenever I emailed him with a question, he responded by that night every single time! They really listened to what we wanted to do, and he made it happen! They even stayed late for us on our special day. Included in our package we got engagement pics, an engagement album, a disk of our engagement pics, wedding pics, a wedding album, and a USB with rights to all of our pictures, all for under $3000. He had the pictures to us within 2 weeks! Also, they did a review session with us and went over what pics we wanted in the album and they put it together for us. I can not say enough nice things about this photographer. I recommend them to everyone who is looking for a fun but serious wedding photographer with a great eye!!!

Best Photographer Team in KC!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Layne D

Kyle and Melissa are such a wonderful team to work with and they made our whole wedding day go so smoothly. They met with us beforehand to make sure that we had the timeline all planned out and put together itineraries for us to use and give our whole wedding party and families.... Read More They are professional but so approachable and fun to work with that you know they will work so hard to make the day a perfect experience. We researched so many photographers and when we found them we knew it was the only way to go! Our photographs turned out amazing and they have a new videography service that is fantastic! We truly can't recommend them enough and you will be beyond happy if you choose to go with the Rivas team for your wedding day.

Best photographer ever!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Amanda S

Kyle Rivas and his fiancé Melissa make sure you are getting exactly what you want! They met with us before we signed a contract showed us samples of everything. We lived in Texas and having our wedding KC so when Kyle wanted to talk about our day, he would Skype with us. The... Read More pictures are absolutely gorgeous! We don't have them all back (he took more than 800 pics) but the ones that looked great without Photoshop were displayed at our reception and the guests were amazed! For our wedding day, Kyle and Melissa and also an assistant of theirs were all taking pictures. They were more than photographers. They helped communicate with the event coordinator, relayed messages to the groom, told the limo every place to go and more! I'm recommending him for all of my friends!

Amazing Photographers!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Melissa R

Rivas Media Photography took pictures at my sisters wedding this summer, and I was so impressed with them, as was my entire family! Kyle and his assistant Melissa got to know everyone in the wedding party and families and made everyone feel super comfortable when it came to... Read More having photos taken. As my sisters maid of honor I expected to have to keep track of the time and where we were supposed to be when, but I didn't even know what time it was most of the day because Kyle and Melissa took care of making sure we were where we needed to be whenever we needed to be there; it was so awesome not to have to keep checking my phone for the time all day long. Kyle and Melissa were everywhere with us on Laura's day; they went to the salon with us, followed us to Starbucks for a few photos, and really found some unique spots for photos at the ceremony and reception site; I've never seen photos like my sisters before and I think it hats awesome. I would highly recommend Rivas Media Photography to anyone looking for an awesome, professional, and extremely talented photographer!! They're the best!!

Couldn't have been happier

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

My wife and I spent quite a bit of time researching photographers in the greater Kansas City area. We wanted high quality pictures at the most affordable price possible. After looking at thousands of pictures on different photographers' websites and comparing packages and... Read More prices, we decided on Rivas Media Photography. For starters, the picture quality was incredible. We could not have been happier with how our wedding pictures turned out. They did an excellent job of capturing every moment at the wedding. What really seems to set them apart, though, is everything else they bring to the table on top of the amazing photographs. Kyle, the primary photographer, works very closely with his fiance Melissa, and the two of them are incredible together. It was obvious from our first meeting with them that they genuinely cared about giving us not only the best wedding pictures but the best overall wedding experience possible. From our first meeting up until the day of the wedding, they met with us at least three times and usually for at least a couple hours. They wanted to know everything about us, our story and what we wanted our wedding to be like. They helped us plan everything out to the point of even creating a detailed schedule for the entire day. By our last meeting they told us that we wouldn't need to worry about a thing on our wedding day, they would get us where we needed to go. And that is exactly what they did. Basically, what Kyle and Melissa offer is a photographer and a wedding coordinator in one, which is crazy considering their prices are competitive with photographer of similar or lesser quality who are basically only there to snap pictures. The amount of time and effort they put into our wedding was incredible. On top of the multiple meetings, they went out and scouted locations of our choice where we wanted pictures to be taken so that they would get the best quality shots possible. All of this at no additional cost. We got a second photographer with our package, which actually added a third person to the day. Melissa comes automatically with no extra charge and helps Kyle the whole time he is taking pictures by coordinating everything. This seemed to work out really well because it allowed Kyle to basically shoot pictures the whole time rather than having to get everyone where they need to go at the same time. Melissa is so calm and sweet through the whole process. She even cried at our wedding. In sum, the number of quality pictures we received from the day (over 500) would have warranted a five star review. But when you add that you are basically getting a wedding coordinator and a photographer in one it makes me wonder if any other photographer can even come close to offering what Kyle and Melissa do.

Top Photographer in the area & awesome service all around!!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

Rivas Media Photography was more than we could ask for in a photography service. Kyle and his assistants went above and beyond to make our day as smooth and special as possible. They are more than just a photography service. They assisted in keeping everything on schedule and... Read More worked well with all of our other vendors. I would highly recommend Rivas Media Photography for anyone that is getting married or having a special event. You will not go wrong with this service! Thanks again Kyle and Rivas Media Photography for making our day special. -Bryson Janovec

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Kelly H

Kyle and Melissa were great to work with. They were very professional and very helpful throughout the whole process. My husband and I were very open to ideas for good places to take pictures after the ceremony so we let Kyle and Melissa offer ideas on some places they thought... Read More would be unique. We felt very comfortable doing so and the places we took pictures at worked out very well. I really liked how easy going they were, especially on a day that can get very hectic. They were very accommodating. They had an iPad at the reception that showed us a little preview of pictures we had taken throughout the day which was nice. I know family and friends enjoyed looking through those as well. I thought the quality of the pictures were fantastic. I knew they would turn out great and when were first saw then I was really blown away. Pictures were available to view online quickly and you can order prints off the website too. However, our album has taken a little longer to receive. Overall I was very pleased. My sister had used them for her wedding as well, which is how we first met them. I would definitely highly recommend RMP.

2013-10-02T11:38:21 Response from the vendor

Hi Kelly! We had so much fun with you and David on your wedding day, and we're so glad you love your photos!

Katie & JR Hayward

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Katie K

Kyle & Melissa were beyond fantastic! I can't imagine anyone else doing as great of a job as they did capturing our special day. They were very professional and completely organized with everything from the first look to the last picture of the night. Kyle and Melissa really... Read More kept everyone in line and aware of what was going on and who needed to be where. We still look through all of our pictures like it's the first time we have seen them. We would and do recommend Kyle and Melissa to every one that is need of a photographer for any occasion. Thanks Kyle and Melissa!! You guys ROCK!!