Cinematic, Vibrant, Modern Photography

We believe in creating engagement and wedding images for our couples that are as powerful and symbolic as wedding rings - images that will last for a lifetime and then some. We have the best "job" in the world, and are so, so incredibly lucky that we get to do it everyday. We might be biased, but we believe we get to work with the most amazing people, and love getting to spend time with our couples from our very first meeting until we hand over their heirloom albums and pieces of art for their home. Every aspect of our wedding experience is custom and unique to each couple - we don't want to put you in a box or give you limited options. We love making new friends, and would LOVE to get together to better get to know you and hear about your wedding day plans!

Artistic, Classic, Dramatic, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Brecklyn M

Kyle and Melissa are hands down the best photographers in Kansas City. We felt their work stood out from many other photographers and boy were we right?! Both of them were very professional but also treated us with love and respect while laying out their vision for our big day.... Read More It was a relieving feeling knowing you could trust your photographer, but that was an understatement when it came to Kyle and Melissa. They took a lot of stress off of me and my husband because they were very transparent with their communication and also made a timeline for our wedding day from start to finish. They also reminded us that they made a backup Plan A, B, C, and D incase of weather, wardrobe issues, or scouting issues if something potentially needed to change. One thing many of our guests continued to say throughout the wedding reception and weeks after our wedding was how hard they saw Kyle and Melissa work. They work seamlessly with each other and will work seamlessly for you. Bottom line, you do not want someone to just take pictures for your wedding. Kyle and Melissa will capture all of the memories on the biggest day of your life!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Alyssa R

We found Rivas Photography through our wedding coordinator at Children's Mercy Park. They were one of very few photographers who had shot weddings/receptions at the stadium and, after meeting them at the Bridal Spectacular wedding show, we knew we had found THE BEST... Read More photographers. Kyle and Melissa took special care with us to plan an out of this world engagement session, including the Sporting KC mural downtown between locations. When family health became an issue, Kyle and Melissa took it to heart as friends and as professionals. They offered to reschedule our engagement session, but we chose to push on, taking it as a mental health day to relax. Not only was it a perfect autumn day, but the sunset (and Kyle and Melissa's incredible artistic skills) created the most beautiful images. As the family health issues grew more pressing, we moved our wedding day up several months. As a money-conscious bride, photography was one of my biggest splurges and I knew that we HAD to have Kyle and Melissa there. They took the time to ensure we had all of the family portraits done that we wanted, as those were the most important to us. And they still made us feel like a king and queen at our intimate ceremony and dinner with our families. (Plus we are THRILLED that they will also be shooting our vow renewal and reception in a few short weeks!) Kyle and Melissa have quickly become two of our favorite people for so many reasons. Their work is stunning, they go above and beyond the call of duty as photographers, and they make sure your big day is the best day ever and that it will be remembered through their art for generations to come.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Sabrina D

My experience with Rivas Photography was fantastic. I have nothing poor to say about Kyle and Melissa. They are skilled and unbelievably talented; their ideas and guidance during our engagement session created a fun and stress free environment that resulted in BEAUTIFUL photos.... Read More They were responsive in answering questions leading up to the event and were always willing to make my happiness a priority. On our wedding day, they captured everything perfectly and gave me a sense of peace that allowed me to relax and enjoy rather than stress. The images are stunning- I could not have imaged anything more perfect. Their work is flawless. I am so grateful for all they did for me, yet even more thankful I met two genuine, kind, thoughtful, good hearted people. I will recommend them to anyone in the future.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Matt D

My wife and I knew we were going to be very picky when it came to our wedding photographer. After all, the only thing you have after your wedding day is the photos to remember the beautiful day by. When we met Kyle and Melissa, we knew instantly that they were the right people... Read More for the job. They wanted to know us on a personal level and understand our vision for the wedding. On the day of the wedding, they were absolutely amazing!! Everything was stress free and they made it so much fun. My wife and I were blown away by their work, it turned out better than we every could have imagined and we couldn't be happier with the final product. Do yourself a favor and book Kyle and Melissa for your wedding, you will not be sorry!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Neal D

Kyle and Melissa were perfect. We went with them for our engagement pictures and were so impressed that we booked them on the spot for our wedding. Kyle and Melissa were prepared to shoot us at every location. They scouted ahead of time and had alternate locations in case it... Read More rained (which it did the morning of our wedding! We had to move our first look). Between the two shoots, we took some photos in some iconic (and therefore popular) Kansas City and Lawrence locations. These photos were anything but typical - Kyle and Melissa found a number of ways to make our photos unique. We passed by a few other photographers while we were shooting engagement pictures, and I couldn’t help but notice that no one else was shooting where we were. During the reception dinner, when I imagine most photographers would take a break, Kyle was off editing a slideshow of photos from the day so far to play before our first dance. It was beautiful and we received many compliments about it from our friends and family. Most importantly, Kyle and Melissa made us feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera. They knew how to make us laugh and get us to relax. They were very helpful in the planning process and built a suggested schedule for the day. They had extra umbrellas and water bottles for us during the shoots. Kyle focused on taking the formal or “scripted” shots, and while that was going on Melissa was sneaking in candid shots. We are going to cherish these photos forever.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Neal D

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Jennifer T

I'm so thankful that we had Kyle and Melissa photograph our wedding!! We met them at a KC Bridal Spectacular show and were blown away by their stunning work. We won a free engagement photo session as a raffle prize. During our engagement session, Kyle and Melissa were so... Read More kind, professional, and a joy to be around! We loved getting to know them during the session, and appreciated how comfortable they made us feel behind the camera. Immediately after the session ended, we asked them to photograph our wedding. We didn't feel like "just another customer" to Kyle and Melissa; they took the time to get to know us, and tailored the photographs to match our style! They were invaluable during the wedding-planning process; Kyle and Melissa were able to make vendor recommendations, help with the schedule for the "day of", and give us advice for all of the "little things" that pop up! Their expertise and experience took a lot of stress off of us. I love how prepared they were for the wedding day! Kyle and Melissa had scouted extra locations for photographs ahead of time, which was GREAT because it ended up raining during our first look! Our wedding day was perfect, and Kyle and Melissa played a huge role in making the day go so smoothly. Our photographs were phenomenal, we had a really hard time narrowing down our favorites! We really appreciated how they were able to customize their wedding packages to fit what we envisioned having in our home. We had so much fun working with Kyle and Melissa!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017

g, Kyle came and grabbed us and said we had to go outside because the clouds had cleared and we had a breath taking sunset. He could have not taken us back outside, or missed it... but he didn't. We were left with over 600 breathtaking, stunning, gorgeous, perfect still shot... Read More memories. We received our wedding pictures last night and to be honest it's a little sad. It's sad that our business is done. Over the last year and a half to 2 years I feel like we've become friends because they care so much for their clients. This company will go above and beyond your expectations. Their quality work, determination to make sure you're happy, attention to detail and general fun vibe you get with them makes it a no brainer. They're the best photographers I've worked with. I cannot say enough good things about Rivas, they're worth every single penny that we paid. I'd give y'all a million stars if I could. Thank you Kyle and Melissa for the unforgettable beautiful memories you've left us with to start our lives together.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Melanie M

Kyle and Melissa are the perfect pair. My husband and I are really awkward when it comes to photos, but both Kyle and Melissa are so easy going and great with instructions. Our photos turned out beautifully. They were even willing to photograph our dogs for our engagement photos... Read More and come to Disney for our wedding! We are so glad we met them and couldn't imagine why anyone would choose anyone else.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Johnna R

Wow I can' t say enough about Kyle & Melissa. We met with several photographers when we were trying to decide and no one else was as professional but also made us feel as comfortable from the beginning as they did. Their photos were not just beautiful but they are really smart... Read More and good at finding a different angle for your photos so they look different from other photographers. For our engagements photos they were willing to travel to my home town which was a couple of hours away. This meant the world to me since I wasn't actually getting married there. The day of the wedding they kept everything flowing perfectly and even knew when I was getting a little too hot, tired and needed a break. Would highly recommend them !

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Dorothy G

Melissa and Kyle were absolutely terrific! From the beginning stages of the process though the big day, they made everything easy and so much fun! We had several planning meetings and they helped us craft a timeline for the day with lots of extra time built in so we weren't... Read More rushed at all. They gave us lots of great ideas (like for the men to go for a morning shave and to do a first look so we could actually enjoy the cocktail hour with our large family)! Throughout the day, Kyle, Melissa, and Anthony made what could have been a very hectic and stressful day, relaxing and fun! It was like we were hanging out with friends. The slideshow at the wedding was a HUGE hit and everyone loved getting to see the great shots they had captured earlier in the day! One of the things that drew us to Rivas Photography initially is the artistic aspect of their photos. Not only will we have shots from the day that include all of our special people, we have beautiful art that will be passed down to future generations. Kyle has a real eye for capturing really unique and stunning photos. Anyone can take a photo, but Rivas Photography captures and produces world-class art. This was the easiest wedding decision we made! We couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Jennifer F

Kyle and Melissa are absolutely INCREDIBLE...as people and as photographers! They made us feel so comfortable with the day, were flexible and kind, and ended up creating pictures better than I could have every imagined! They created a slideshow of the ceremony for the reception... Read More that had everyone in tears... My friends and family couldn't say enough compliments about them. LOVE THEM!!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Amanda C

Kyle and Melissa are the most amazing people I have ever worked with. My husband and I were completely in awe of how above and beyond they went for our wedding! They were on time for everything, and made sure that everything we wanted was taken care of. They were not only our... Read More photographer, but became friends after everything was done! Thanks for all you did for us! We love you guys!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Colleen D

Kyle and Melissa were nothing short of AMAZING. From the engagement pictures to the gorgeous wedding photos, they were absolutely professional and fun! I got so many compliments at the reception about how wonderful they were. We also didn't have to wait long to see the both... Read More engagement and wedding photos. They did everything in a very timely manner. They also made sure that all of us in the wedding party was comfortable and made sure we got the necessary breaks from picture taking, as it was in the high 90s on our wedding day (we had an outdoor wedding). They were wonderful with our wedding party, and everyone had a great time. My husband and I are so happy that we chose Rivas, and if we had to do it all over again, we wouldn't choose anyone else!! Thank you so much, Kyle and Melissa!!

Awesome Photos and Super Sweet Personality

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Linda S

Kyle and Melissa from Rivas Media Photography are so sweet, friendly and passionate about photography. We got a ton of compliments not only on how awesome our photos turned out, but also on how patient, nice and caring the photographers were. Since we spent most of the wedding... Read More day with them, it was really important to find a photographer we would want to be around for the most important moments of our day and who could help ease some of the nerves. They were so easy going and constantly positive with how things were going. We got unlucky with bad weather for our first engagement photo session, but they totally listened to what kind of photos we wanted and worked with us to take a few despite the bad weather and then reschedule for another session. They had awesome ideas on where to take photos and also listened to where we wanted photos taken. With their three shooters on the wedding day, they truly captured every moment of the day. They even put together a slide show on the day of the wedding to show pictures from throughout our wedding day at the reception. This was a unique touch that wowed our guests even more. I would highly recommend them.

Rivas Media Photography

Reviewed on 7/16/2015

We are so happy that we chose Kyle and Melissa, the owners of Rivas Media Photography to photograph our daughter's wedding. They began the day photographing every detail of her wedding day, followed by the ceremony and reception. They were so attentive, but never intrusive.... Read More Because they were both shooting pictures all day, we had such a variety to choose from. They took the Bride and Groom, plus the Wedding party all over the city to capture so many beautiful, unique pictures. I loved their attention to detail. When we we all went to preview the pictures, I was so impressed how patient and insightful they were, not to mention the selection of exquisite desserts and Champagne ( or other beverages) that were awaiting us. They made us all feel welcome and we truly enjoyed the evening. We would highly recommend Rivas Media Photography to capture your day. You will not be disappointed! Robin Marsh (Very happy Mother of the Bride)

Fantastic in every way

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Forrest S

Working with Kyle was about as easy as it could have been. He was super laid back, easy to work with, and on top of things, but always managed to capture an excellent photograph. Knew some classic Kansas City spots too, which was a huge plus for us. You always hear about... Read More wedding horror stories for this or that reason, so if you want to avoid one of those, use Kyle. It'll be awesome.

Wonderful people. Wonderful photos.

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Sara L

Kyle and Melissa take the most amazing and artistic photographs, which is the reason that we had hired them. After that, we had found that their prices are very competitive - we bought their package with 12 hours of day of coverage and they included an engagement shoot and the... Read More digital copies of all of their photos. I know a lot of my friend's wedding photographers make you pay their fee for taking the photos and then make you pay the jacked up prices for their prints too. It's great to have a copy of the digital prints on hand. On top of that, Kyle and Melissa are some of the nicest people and go out of their way to make you feel great on your wedding day and during your shoots. They were great at controlling crowds and aided very well in getting everyone where they needed to be so the day ran smoothly. Kyle expressed how he often goes scouting on his days off to find more places for taking photos with his couples which shows how passionate he is about his work and it also makes for some awesome photos. Highly recommend. :-)

Great outdoor photos

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Mickey V

We booked a photo package that included an engagement shoot, which I would highly-recommend. It gave us a chance to get to know Kyle and Melissa better before the day of the wedding. They were kind enough to drive 2 hours out of KC, to shoot on a farm that’s been in my family... Read More for 3 generations. Some vendors we interviewed wouldn’t agree to travel so far or weren’t interested in shooting away from their favorite spots. Kyle and Melissa were enthusiastic to see a new location and came up with creative ideas to incorporate buildings and landscapes that are very familiar to my family, which made them really special to us. Kyle and Melissa brought that same enthusiasm to our wedding day and were calm and flexible when we inevitably had to make small changes our initial plans (timing, location, etc).

Great images, great value

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jess S

If you hire Rivas Media Photography to capture your wedding, you basically hire a photog team and a wedding coordinator all in one. I had a lot of anxieties about day-of scheduling: “when should I tell the bridal party to the ceremony location?” “How early should I do my hair... Read More and makeup?” …and so on. After a consultation, RMP provided us with a complete itinerary of our wedding day, at times it was broken down into 15-minute increments. This made it extremely easy for us to simply say “be here at X time” to all of our bridal party and family members who had to come early for photos or help in any way. Another plus to hiring RMP: flexibility. We wanted an outdoor ceremony and Missouri weather can be crazy, so we knew we had to have photographers who could “roll” with it and capture a moment no matter what. If you look through any of the RMP albums, you’ll see great photos, regardless of season or weather. I was really impressed with the way RMP was able to improvise and get amazing images. After witnessing how easy RMP was to work with, one of my bridesmaids booked them for her wedding. I would recommend them to anyone.

Rivas Media are the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jennifer B

Kyle and Melissa were so great to work with. They are so nice and very pleasant to work with. They make it fun and put your mind at ease. Kyle's work as a photographer is just amazing. His photos are really great and he has an eye for great shots. We loved our sessions with him.... Read More I would recommend him and rave about him to everyone I know. I get so many compliments on my photos!

August wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lori M

Kyle and Melissa were so much fun to work with. They helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera for our engagement and wedding pictures. The quality of the photos are amazing. Kyle scopes out various places prior to the wedding to help find new and unique ideas. They are... Read More both reliable and affordable, highly recommend using their services.

Best photographer in KC

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Katie T

Kyle is an absolutely amazing photographer! We were able to work with him on both our engagement and wedding pictures. We loved everyone of them! Kyle and Melissa are great to work with and listen to what their couples want!

Happy Mom

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

We love Rivas!! Kyle and Melissa are very professional and organized yet extremely personable and easy going. Their pictures take your breath away and all without filters or retouching. Kyle is extremely talented with a great eye for details. They really get to know the bride... Read More and groom and strive to meet and exceed their expectations. As the mother of the bride, I appreciated that they made a schedule for the day so it flowed very easily without me having to do a thing. They made it fun and stress free. Kyle sent them a stunning picture that very same night to post and the rest of the pictures were ready to view within 2 weeks! Included were engagement pictures and an engagement album, 2 photographers for the big day, wedding pictures and a wedding album, and a flash drive with ALL the pictures! I am keeping Rivas's number for when our youngest daughter gets married. Oh...and did I say how AMAZING the pictures are!!!

They made it awesome!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Michael P

They were the most professional and detail oriented vendors we worked with. The time and energy they put into our special day did not go unnoticed. From our first meeting to the follow up viewing of all the pictures, we could tell that they really cared about us and what they... Read More do. At the end of the day my bride was happy and that made the day perfect. We really enjoyed working with them and will recommend them to friends and family in the future. #RIVASROCKS

Kyle & Melissa

Hi there! We are Kyle and Melissa, the owners and photographers at Rivas Photography, and also soon-to-be husband and wife! We are image creators, adventurers at heart, coffee lovers, and corgi parents. Creating engagement and wedding images is all that we know how to do, and we've been photographing weddings together for ten years now. We wear our hearts on our sleeves, and have been known to laugh like crazy, shed tears, and celebrate with the awesome couples we get to work with. We value our friendships with our amazing clients more than anything, and will always, always have your back.