EXCELLENT ENTERTAINMENT FOR YOUR DREAM WEDDING

Playing the latest to the greatest songs of all times with a current flair has made The River City Hit Squad a regional favorite. Live ceremony music and a full second line band on board also makes our unique group all inclusive. We promise an awesome New Orleans send-off to your perfect wedding!

Instruments

Fiddle, Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

17093 East Little Italy Road, Hammond, LA (985) 507-1749

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Amy T

Do yourself a favor and hire this band right now! Music is a huge part of my life, so the band was the most important thing for me at my reception. People may not remember the food or the flowers, but everyone remembers a great band, and River City Hit Squad KILLED IT. I... Read More initially got some pushback from my mom ("There are so many people in this band!") and the groom ("What if the horns make it too loud?"), but I persevered and everyone is so glad I did! The band was perfect - a good mix of old classics and new hits, awesome vocals, and amazing energy. They got us all involved in their performance, which was great, and numerous guests told me the band was so good they stayed longer than they'd planned! After the reception, we added extra horn players to do our second line, which was equally great - it allowed us to smoothly flow from the ballroom to the street and it meant one less vendor we had to deal with. If you're looking for an incredible band that will bring your guests to their feet, River City Hit Squad is the band for you!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Traci C

Book this band!! We've had relatives and friends tell us over and over that our wedding was one of the most fun they've ever been to, and we have the River City Hit Squad to thank for that!! They took request...even from my young nieces and nephews and made it happen. If you... Read More want a band that gets off stage and gets the crowd moving and shaking then this is the band you want! It's a bonus that they also happen to be sincerely friendly and genuine people that look like they're having as much fun as you are! Can't recommend them enough and say how happy and grateful we are for their talents and for having them be a part of our special day!

A lot of fun!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Mary Frances G

River City Hit Squad was a lot of fun! They kept our guests dancing all night and involved the crowd often. They learned our first dance, father-bride and mother-groom songs. I always got a quick response via email when I had a question and they were very easy to work with.... Read More The best part was they agreed to lead our second line outside through the Quarter even though it was raining. The band played nonstop through the rain and did a couple songs back in front of the venue at the end of the second line. Our out of town guests loved that experience and I loved that River City Hit Squad was so willing to do it in the rain! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Danielle P

This band was a huge hit!! So much fun! Our guests were entertained the entire night and nobody left the dance floor. They did our ceremony, reception, and our second line. During our second line, it started raining. And not just a sprinkle, it was a monsoon!! And the band still... Read More paraded all around the French Quarter, making the torrential downpour seem so magical! We are so happy we hired River City Hit Squad!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Sarah M

River City Hit Squad is phenomenal! They were the magic glue that made our wedding the unforgettable party that it was. They are all fantastic musicians to begin — seemed like several were multi-instrumentalists and with some serious vocal chops. Moreover, they are consummate... Read More entertainers and know how to get your guests on the dance floor! Some of my most treasured memories of our wedding are of the older people in our lives getting down with abandon. I tell you, there were some moves I hadn't seen before — people were loving it. Thank you, thank you for the good times and amazing memories.

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Andrea S

River City Hit Squad played at our wedding at the Ritz and put together an absolutely incredible experience. The band had the dance floor rocking almost to the point we were afraid guests wouldn't finish eating! No one wanted the evening to end. It was some of the best money... Read More we spent on our wedding. Bobby kept planning and coordination easy and stress free.

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Craig A

This is the wedding band you want! Huge thanks to Bobby and River City Hit Squad for making our wedding so incredible. They were friendly and professional from the very first phone call to the last email. On our wedding day they handled a busy schedule effortlessly – setting... Read More up microphones for the ceremony, and playing during the Second Line, cocktail hour, and reception – all of which were in different locations. And all it took was a couple of phone calls and emails to plan everything which is a testament to their experience. Most importantly, they were super fun! We selected this band because of all the excellent reviews we read online. Many of them claimed that River City Hit Squad was “the best wedding band they’d ever heard.” I couldn’t agree more! In fact, those exact words were said to me throughout the night from the majority of our guests. They were upbeat and energetic and had the dance floor packed all night from the moment we were introduced. They played classics and the latest hits, and handled some last minute requests. They even let my Dad play a few songs on the drums, and an uncle sing another! I would hire this band again in a heartbeat. End your search now and pick River City Hit Squad.

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Meredith Lena H

I cannot say enough about how amazing this band is. They were the absolute best part of my wedding. Everyone had so much fun, they played exactly our style of music, and interacted with all our guests. They did our ceremony music, our second line, and our reception, and every... Read More single thing was perfect! These guys bring the party. We've had so many guests contact us about how awesome our wedding was, and I know River City Hit Squad has everything to do with that! Hire them! It'll be the best decision you make (other than your new spouse, of course).

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Ashley M

If I could give River City Hit Squad 6 stars, I would! They were absolutely amazing during our wedding reception and all of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the night because of the amazing music and interaction from the band. From the very start, it was a seamless... Read More process booking, picking out songs, and coordinating with this group. VERY professional and easy to work with, and such a TALENTED group of individuals. They really set the tone for our reception and made our night unforgettable!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Hayley G

My (now) husband and I absolutely LOVED this band. River City Hit Squad kept the party going, got everyone on the dance floor, and provided an overall INCREDIBLE performance from start to finish. No need to look anywhere else, their wonderful ensemble exceeded every... Read More expectation!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

River City Hit Squad was absolutely AMAZING! They made our wedding reception unforgettable! Their set list was awesome. They are very talented and SO MUCH FUN! They really interact with the crowd. Everyone was on the dance floor! They only took one short break during the entire... Read More 4 hour reception. They were the best part of our wedding reception! I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a super fun wedding band!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Shanti H

I am SO SO SO happy I chose RCHS for our wedding band. They are such talented musicians and performers and we were blown away by the level of music played. It was like concert level--not wedding band! They really knew how to read the crowd and keep the energy up and the dance... Read More floor was packed all night even with the summer heat! We even had a few kareoke moments with guests coming on stage to sing along. Everyone still raves about the band. RCHS, especially Bobby the coordinator, is so easy and a joy to work with. Unlike some other bands we looked at, RCHS offered to play the entire time without extra charge. They played our pre ceremony music, slower music during cocktail hour and then turned it up for the party. YOU GOTTA HIRE THIS BAND!! - Shanti

Life of the party

Reviewed on 4/12/2015 Allison W

This band was so much fun! First of all, they're good. They're really good. They started off by providing my second line down Canal St. Then they provided a party all throughout the reception. They play fun music. They really get the crowd involved. The lead singers are so much... Read More fun. The band is willing to learn any song you request. I have received so many comments on how much fun people had at our wedding. Everyone wants to know the name of our band. I promise they will not disappoint!

Stop what you are doing right now and book this band

Reviewed on 3/08/2015 Mallory B

I am from Louisiana but have lived all over since I graduated college and my husband is from Denver. Needless to say, there were many out of owners who attended our New Orleans wedding and River City Hit Squad left our guests in awe of an authentic NOLA experience. It was... Read More easy to see that each member of the band LOVES what they do by the joy exuded from the stage and caught by our guest. They played a the perfect mix of new songs with old southern reception party songs and engaged the crowd by dancing with our guests and inviting our guest to sing with them on stage. Professionally they were so easy to work with and offered to play for extra time free of charge. If you book this band you will not go wrong. They are reasonably priced and worth every penny of the sake of you and your guests good time! THANK YOU RIVER CITY HIT SQUAD!! Love, The Smyths

People are STILL Talking About it

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Brittney B

There were three parts of our wedding that we were willing to splurge on: the beverages, the videographer, and the BAND! River City Hit Squad was so easy to work with and very professional. This band absolutely made our reception. Friends and family are still talking about... Read More our band and that our reception was the best they had been to in a long time. They were able to read the crowd and keep everyone dancing all night. I've been to many weddings with bands of all kinds, and I honestly do not remember the songs or even how they sounded. I may be biased, but people remember the River City Hit Squad. Worth the money!!

FUN!!

Reviewed on 4/12/2013 Lane A

This band was definitely the highlight of my wedding! I had an outdoor wedding and, of course, it rained on us. We had to have the band set up behind a screened-in porch and we set a dance floor up below the porch in front of the band. It ended up being so great because Bobby... Read More (vocals and guitar) and the female singer ended up coming out of the porch and down to where we were dancing. They had everyone involved and dancing. People were calling me days after the wedding saying how they wished they could go back in time to the wedding night to dance to this band again. They were so much fun I pretty much ruined my gown dancing in the mud!

Meet The Manager