River House Events

St. Augustine, FL

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Events in the heart of the Ancient City

River House is located in downtown St. Augustine on the Matanzas River, with stunning views of the St. Augustine Lighthouse and the Historic Bridge of Lions. River House brings together in one location a stunning waterfront venue for weddings, civic milestones, and personal hallmark events.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Unusual/Alternative

179 Marine St, St. Augustine, FL

River House Events - Wedding

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Kelsey C

Constance and the team at the River House were wonderful to work with. They helped out with every detail you could possibly think of when planning a wedding. The venue was beautiful. The outdoor area is beautiful with a view of the St. Augustine lighthouse and the indoor ballroom is so extravagant with a great dance floor for the reception. This venue was everything I could have asked for!

AMAZING VENUE IN ST. AUGUSTINE!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Holly M

The River House was the perfect venue for our wedding this past Saturday. From the beginning, Constance was the epitome of what every bride needs in a vendor; she is super responsive, caring, detailed, and fun to work with- she truly made our wedding something to remember for not only us but our guests. We booked over a year and a half ago with them, and Constance quickly remembered anything that we had spoken about each time we talked. I don't know how she does it!! The River House staff was amazing and helpful on our day and truly showed that they love what they do (thank you ladies for all of your assistance on Saturday, I don't know what we would have done without you!!). I highly recommend the River House to anyone that is looking for a venue that will completely wow their guests. The scenery, service and value is incomparable in the St. Augustine area and you will not regret your decision. Our guests cannot stop raving about the venue, as it truly is a hidden gem in St. Augustine. Thank you again River House for creating a memory that we will never forget!

Beautiful Venue- Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Stephanie C

When we were looking for the venue for our wedding reception we envisioned a beautiful venue with stunning views and an atmosphere that made our guests feel welcome and comfortable. This is exactly what we felt when we entered the doors of the River House. We could just see our friends and family on the observatory dock overlooking the lighthouse laughing while catching up and enjoying the festivities. We thought about our first dance on the beautiful wood dance floor with everyone surrounding watching. We knew this had to be our perfect venue! The entire team at the River House went above and beyond to make our wedding the perfect day that we had dreamed of it being. Constance is top notch in this industry and truly has the experience that towers above the rest. The memories we have of our wedding day and the River House will last a lifetime and we couldn't even begin to thank them enough for their attention to detail and professionalism throughout the entire process. Check out our wedding photos to see for yourself! www.stephanieandjonar.stephaniewphotography.com Thank you again River House for making everlasting memories that my husband and all of our guests will cherish for a lifetime. Stephanie and Jonar Delmundo

2012-06-27T10:41:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so happy that you enjoyed your special day! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Stunning Venue!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Christy J

The River House was the perfect venue for our wedding. The view overlooking the water as we said our vows was absolutely amazing. Everything went so smoothly and the River House staff were really great to work with. The only downside was that we had to bring everything in ourselves (alcohol and all of the decorations) and couldn't bring it by the day before because they had a wedding. They only allow vendors to come in a few hours beforehand, which is fine except we had to have some of our friends drop the alcohol off with not much time for them to spare to get ready for the wedding. But they ended up coming a little earlier than the official time and the staff were really nice and accommodating. Overall it was an amazing venue and I couldn't have imagined a better place to have our wedding.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 5/18/2015 Ashley H

When my husband and I first saw the River House, we knew right away it was the perfect venue for us. It's right on the water so the view is beautiful (and hosts sights of the lighthouse, where we happened to get engaged!) and it's close to downtown St. Augustine, yet far enough away that you can't hear the noise of the city. The reception hall is perfect for large parties, or intimate gatherings. The circular ballroom floor was so romantic during our first dance. The best thing about this place is you don't have to do much decorating because it looks great on it's own! My only complaint about The River House is the rules and restrictions are a bit extreme. (Like no sparklers for your exit? That was bummer.) And when they tell you "your wedding is the only wedding that day" they do mean that, but you only have a short amount of time to have your wedding. You have 8 hours and if you want more than that you pay (BIG) for it. People shouldn't have to pay $100 per extra hour (but they'll only give you two extra hours before your ceremony, no more than that) just so their vendors have enough time to get the venue set up. That stressed my decorator out a bit, which I understand! My coordinators and I had to BEG for me and my bridesmaids to be able to show up even just 15 minutes early just to get dressed. Eventually they caved and gave us the half hour without charging, but I thought that wasn't right. It's stressful enough planning a wedding, they shouldn't add more stress by constricting couples with the hours of their ceremony and reception. With all that said though, it's a wonderful venue and the wedding went perfectly!

Best Venue EVER!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Chanell W

The River House is such a gorgeous venue!! We worked with Constance a lot and she was such a pleasure to work with. Our wedding was perfect.

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Kacie M

I looked at many venues and the River House took my breath away the moment I walked in. The service is also amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better venue for my wedding.

Special Day

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 Brenna V

We had a great time at the River House. The staff is amazing, and everyone said the venue was beautiful. Definitely need to book early, but it's worth the wait!

Absolutely Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2013 Jenny O

We knew when we first saw The River House that it was the perfect setting for our October Wedding! Constance and her staff were more then helpful leading up to the day and on our wedding day, we could not be more pleased with our event here! I don't know what kind of magic they had to work to get the dolphins to jump and the double rainbow to hang, but our day could not have gone better!

River House the best venue

Reviewed on 9/25/2013

I loved everything about that place and the people who work there are wonderful and very helpful . Such a beautiful place

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 kelly b

Bill and I looked at many venues and left each a little disappointed, feeling like we just may have to settle. Then we found the River House. This was the perfect venue for us as it had all of our must-haves: an outdoor area for cocktail hour with a killer view, a large, open, outdoor feeling reception room, a large dance floor, and in a great location. Constance and her crew were a joy to work with. I highly recommend visiting the River House and considering it for your event, you won't be disappointed.

Beautiful Venue and Wonderful Staff

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Lauren G

As soon as my (then) fiance and I walked into the River House and met with Constance we knew immediately that this is the place we wanted to have our wedding ceremony and reception! We booked it as soon as we went over the details because it was so highly rated. The River House is a great value for the money and honestly reduces a lot of headaches and stress since in their packages you can use all their china, silverware, tables, linens and chiavari chairs all included in the price so you don't have to run around and find ANOTHER vendor to do this. Also, the huge beautiful circular dance floor is perfect with a backdrop of the intracoastal and lighthouse. Everyone always says "Oh don't get too stressed on your wedding day because something is bound to go wrong." Well, thanks to Constance and her staff's great help, super personalities and wonderful recommendation of vendors I can honestly say that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING went wrong on our wedding day! All the guests were raving about how beautiful the venue was. All in all if you want to have a spectacular wedding without any headaches (who doesn't?) then you should definitely consider using River House as your wedding venue because I can guarantee you and your guests will not be disappointed!

Absolutely Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Jamie W

Our experience at The River House was absolutely AMAZING!!! Not only is the venue absolutely breath taking, but the people are lovely to work with. From the moment I saw this place, I knew it was where we would be married, and when Trip saw it and met the wonderful people, he was sold as well. Throughout the entire process, Constance and her team were incredible to work with, and very responsive and helpful with ANY questions or concerns that I had. When it came down to our day at the River House, it did not go quite as planned due to the weather. Along with everything that we did on our own, the team at River House helped make our special day even more amazing than I could have asked for!!! It was truly spectacular!!

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Austin T

After a lot of searching in the St. Augustine area this was the most bang for your buck. The staff was the most spectauclar staff I could have asked for, they were so accomodating and made our day so special. The view is amazing, and the venue is large and offers wonderful parking (which is hard to find downtown!) I would (and have) recommended this venue to others for any event!

Best in St. Augustine

Reviewed on 4/22/2013 Sarah I

River House is a phenomenal wedding venue - beautifully elegant building with a great view! Our guests were very impressed - many of them made a point to tell us how much they loved the location. If that weren't enough, the staff here is wonderful! Constance is a pleasure to work with - she even helped answer questions that had nothing to do with the venue. If you are getting married in NE Florida - check out this venue - you are sure to fall in love!

St. Patrick's Day Wedding 3-17-13

Reviewed on 3/28/2013 Emilie A

The Riverhouse was the perfect place for our wedding! Our guests could not stop raving about how beautiful the location was and how much they enjoyed being there. What was nice was that is was so spacious, that our guests had options to hang out inside, on the patio, the dock, or even the boardwalk. The best part of having our wedding at the Riverhouse was working with Constance. From the beginning, all the way through to the wedding day, she was amazing to work with. Constance was always extremely quick to respond to e-mails and calls and never minded assisting us by giving us vendor reccomendations. She also went out of her way to add special personal touches on the wedding day and made the entire planning process so smooth. I also want to acknowledge Betsey and Elise, the staff from the Riverhouse that coordinated the wedding the day of. They were truly remarkable to work with and were extremely friendly. They were like ninjas on the day of the wedding and set everything up really quickly. I highly reccomend the Riverhouse to everyone looking to get married or host an event. The location is sensational, the staff is truly remarkable and made the entire planning process easy and enjoyable, and finally, the amount of things that are included in the package price made planning a lot simpler. It was truly the best day of my life and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.

Perfect from beginning to end!

Reviewed on 2/05/2013 Morgan A

We cannot say enough good things about River House!! First and foremost, Constance and her staff are an absolute pleasure to work with! She is extremely quick and efficient responding to emails and phone calls, and literally held our hands through the entire planning process. We asked so many questions while planning, and she was just such a breath of fresh air to work with! Every detail was executed exactly as we planned and discussed, and turned out exactly as I pictured it to look! This venue literally has everything you could ever want in a reception hall! From the huge wooden front doors, to the library, to the terrace, to the ballroom, and to the dock...it is just absolutely perfect! We looked at two other venues before we went to River House, and the moment we opened the front doors we knew it was exactly where we wanted our reception! The prices for River House are also very reasonable, and some of the cheapest in the area! Granted, you only get the facility for 8 hours total even though they only do one event per day, and if you want to add hours it will cost you BUT it is well worth it in the end! Find somewhere else to cut down on your budget, because every penny is worth paying for this venue! EVERYTHING is included, and I mean everything--tables, chairs, linens, china, flatware, glassware...everything! And there are also options of adding things like high-top tables for cocktail hour. We even priced out renting everything we needed invidiually instead of using their things to see if we could save a little money. The price to rent linens, china, and flatware ALONE were more than the difference of the next package up that included all of it. We received so many compliments, many that it was the most beautiful reception and venue that people had ever been to--you don't get a better compliment than that! Look no further when you are looking for a wedding venue. We can't say enough good things about River House. THANK YOU Constance and to your team for making our wedding day SO perfect! Morgan & Jeremy Lisby

The River House is Perfection!

Reviewed on 12/30/2012 Margaret B

We were elated with how everything went the day of our wedding at the River House. Not only is the venue gorgeous, but the staff is superb. Constance went over every single detail with us during our walkthrough and was always extremely helpful, prompt and pleasant when answering any questions that we had by phone or email, no matter how trivial. The day of our wedding two other staff members were there to supervise, they were also extremely professional and helpful. When we arrived, everything was well underway and setup exactly as we had discussed at the walkthrough. At one point, the clasp of my necklace came undone and dropped somewhere, one of the staff members brought it to me before I even realized it was missing! I couldn't believe that she recognized that it was mine! Our wedding went smoothly and if there were any problems, I didn't hear about them. All of our guests were talking about how perfect the venue was weeks after it was over. There is no other place in St. Augustine we would have rather had our ceremony and reception. The bay front view speaks for itself, it's breathtaking. I highly and sincerely recommend this venue, you will not be disappointed! - Andrew and Margaret Petty

November 2012 Wedding

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Nikki A

I could not have asked for a better location and venue for my wedding. Everything was perfect!

The BEST venue in St. Augustine!

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Amy K

First of all, The River House is the most romantic, elegant venue in St.Augustine!!! I was looking for a venue that could hold over 200 people, and the River House was one of the few that could accomodate that... AND there is on site parking (which is rare in St. Augustine). I got so many compliments from my guests on how beautiful the venue was! I had my wedding and reception on site and everything was absolutely beautiful! Constance was beyond helpful and responded to every e-mail within hours. The month-of walk through with her put me completely at ease. I would recommend the River House to anybody and everybody!

Beyond Excellent!!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2012 Sanaa H

My wedding was absolutely beautiful! The River House is St. Augustine,Fl is the perfect setting for a romantic inspired event! Constance was a pleasure to work with and every need and want was taken care of. My wedding was a dream come true!

june wedding

Reviewed on 7/17/2012 Mary-Katherine R

AMAZING place to have your wedding. Just had my wedding there this summer. The location is beautiful on the water, and Constance is amazing to work with! I would absolutely recommend this place!

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 7/14/2012 Rachel A

Wonderful venue - absolutely beautiful. Constance and her team were a joy to work with.

Great wedding site!

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 dawn A

The river house was a perfect venue for our wedding. It is at a beautiful location on the water in historic St. Augustine, large, and has great visual appeal. Constance was great to work with, highly would recommend.

Felt completely let down

Reviewed on 5/01/2012 Meghan F

We used the River House for our wedding ceremony and reception. During the planning of the wedding the River House coordinator seemed to have everything handled and we even did a 30 day walk thru of the wedding day. However, the coordinator was not there on the day of the event and the 2 staff that were present were completely useless. There doesn't seem to be any communication passed onto the staff from the coordinator as on the day of the wedding the staff who were present did not seem to know any of the information covered during the walk thru or that was covered during the counteless emails and phone calls to the coordinator during the wedding planning process. The staffspent much of the day hiding in a back room. When asked to help with things one of the staff responded with "Thats not my job". As the Bride I had to work my entire wedding day and not only set up but then also had to tell them how everything was supposed to be done. It seems to me that if the staff could have just looked at the 30 day walk thru then the event would have gone as planned. I was prepared for a few things to do wrong on the wedidng day but not everything. It was soooo stressful and a complete let down. The location is beautiful but I would not recommend this vendor.

2012-05-03T13:27:35 Response from the vendor

I am so sorry that you felt let down on your wedding day.We aim to please all our brides. I know when I saw you that day the rain was a disappointment to you. However, our day of staff does have an event set up... Read Less Read More

TO River House Events