Rob + Kristen Photography

North Carolina, South Carolina, and destinations abroad!

We make art out of moments.

Weddings produce some of the most intensely emotional moments of a person’s life. They are the culmination of months and years of relationship. We are honored to be invited into these moments as historians- to make art inspired by the moments that unfold before us. Beautiful wedding photos start with the most beautiful thing that any of us can possess, and that thing is love.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

North Carolina, South Carolina, and destinations abroad! (704) 320-3089

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Sarah R

Do yourself the biggest favor and book them NOW. Out of all of the things people complimented on my wedding, the pictures were by far, the most complimented. Not only have my wedding guests loved them, my other vendors loved them and have asked to use their photos. Zach and I... Read More consider Rob and Kristen our friends after working with them on our wedding. They are two incredibly talented, down to earth, fun, quirky, F-ING AMAZING people. My photos are bright, fun, and captured the feel of the entire day! I can't compliment them enough. I know we are supposed to keep it short and sweet here but I could go on forever. They also get through family photos SO EFFICIENTLY. Dear God if it wasn't for them i don't know if my family would have been able to organize themselves haha! They are also secret sleuths that have the ability to quietly and swiftly move through the event to capture every single moment. During the getting ready process I enjoyed talking to Kristen more than anyone though because she is just an absolute dream to have nearby. My husband said the same for Rob. Rob did our engagement photos in the snow in Boone (driving hours in bad conditions for us) and made it an incredibly soft, playful, love filled shoot. Kristen did my boudoir and I think I enjoy being naked in front of her more than my husband hahaha we had an absolute blast and my awkwardness magically turned into sultry beauty, composure, and mystery (none of the qualities I possess) because of kristen's ability to make everyone feel comfortable and her ability to instantly be your best friend. Seriously, book them now. Any hesitation? See above. You'll know as soon as you meet them that they're the people for you.

2016-10-20T19:43:15 Response from the vendor

Sarah and Zach- we are so lucky to have had you as clients! Thank you for being so fun to work with and for this amazing review! :)

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Holly P

Hey, you. Yes.. YOU. Bride-to-be, just reading through reviews trying to find the perfect photographer to contact. Stop what you're doing right now, and send Rob + Kristen an email (hello@robpluskristen.com - you're welcome) and tell them that you'd be forever indebted to them... Read More to have them perfectly capture every moment of your big day with their unparalleled eye for everything that is love. Yes, they're that good. Seriously.. send the email. Rob and Kristen are two of the sweetest and most talented people EVER. They made me and my now husband feel so comfortable, and look like movie stars in nearly every photo. Mind you, we are NOT photogenic people and repeatedly ask what we're supposed to do with our faces in all pictures. We seriously can't get over how amazing ALL of the photos turned out. Probably my favorite aspect of their work is how personal they make it all. These people are not your usual photographers, and I mean that in every possible good way. They really try to get to know every couple, which makes for amazingly personal photography. Like, if you want to take some engagement pictures in your favorite rugby jerseys while playing Scrabble with a few pints of beer at your first date location, they will absolutely do that for you and will even laugh at your bad jokes while you tell the story of why all that means something to you two as a couple. And then on your actual wedding day... I have no words. Kristen is like part rockstar-photographer and part extra-maid-of-honor, but the kind that's super helpful, not catty, and doesn't try to look better than you. I'm pretty sure she bustled my dress back like 3 times when I was uncontrollably jumping around (and apparently on my dress) at the reception. Rob is a straight up ninja photographer. He may have even like rolled across the aisle during the ceremony to get the perfect shot. Kidding on the rolling part, but he actually is a ninja. He has all of these creative picture ideas floating around in his head, and you just stand there and wonder "how in the world is this gonna turn out. Don't I have like 8 chins from that angle". And then that moment when you see all the photos... and you're like WHAAAAAATTT. Amaze-balls. I could really go on for ages, but just do yourself a favor and contact them. NOW. Hurry, before they book up! . Do itttt.

2016-06-22T13:27:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Holly and Ockie!! You guys rock!

AMAZING Photographers and People!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Heather

I used Rob + Kristen as my wedding photographers for my recent wedding and was BLOWN AWAY by how amazing they are! Prior to hiring Rob and Kristen I had looked at a lot of photographers since I knew our wedding pictures would be something we would treasure forever. Of all the... Read More photographers I looked into, Rob + Kristen stood out because their pictures are obviously STUNNING and also because I thought they were very reasonably priced for the quality of their work. After talking to Rob and Kristen on the phone (we lived out of town and couldn't do an in person meeting), I was so taken with how professional yet easy going and kind the two of them are. Now after the event, I can say that Rob + Kristen performed above my expectations in every way, and this was one of the best decisions I made about my wedding! First of all, their pictures are simply AMAZING! They have a way of capturing those special moments and emotions in a way I didn't know was possible. When I look at our pictures, I see the love my husband and I have for each other as well as the fun everyone had on our big day! I could (and have) stare at their pictures for hours! We also got so many compliments on our pictures from family and friends! This alone is reason enough to hire Rob + Kristen- because obviously every bride wants those amazing shots of their day. BUT there's even MORE reason to use Rob + Kristen! For days after the wedding I reflected on what a wonderful day it had been and how thankful I was for those who were there. SEVERAL times in those reflections I thought of Rob and Kristen (you can ask my husband- I kept bringing them up!). What you might not realize is that you will spend a lot of time on your wedding day with your photographers. They are usually there when you get ready, they have to corral your bridal party for group shots, and you usually spend a good amount of time doing couple shots with just them. In spending all that time with them, you want to make sure they are people that you LIKE! Rob and Kristen are just the best people and they made the day go so smoothly. They calmed nerves, they told funny stories, and most importantly they got everyone to do everything that needed to be done without ruffling anyone's feathers or interrupting the flow of the day (and we had a big wedding party with lots of strong personalities- yet even all the groomsmen loved Rob and Kristen). I think my groom summed it up best when at the end of the night he turned to Rob and Kristen and said, "I'm confused whether you guys are our photographers or our friends." And that's true! We had never met them before but by the end of the wedding, we felt like friends. Oh, and one final point. Even though Rob and Kristen are super kind and down to earth, they are also SUPER professional! They were always on top of things (Kristen responds to emails at stellar speed), they arrived early for the wedding, they accommodated a last minute change for our engagement pictures, they climbed over things to get the best shots, and they have all the latest equipment, etc. All this to say, pick Rob + Kristen as your wedding photographer- you will NOT regret it!!!

2015-09-02T14:29:19 Response from the vendor

There are not enough ways to say thank you for this very, very sweet review, Heather and Danny! You guys are such an amazing couple- so glad we were able to share in your special day!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Beth S

We could not have picked a better photographer for our wedding than Rob and Kristen. From the first meeting with them after our engagement, to our engagement photos and throughout our wedding, they were absolutely amazing and thorough. I would call myself a little uptight and... Read More tough on myself when it comes to pictures, but I felt completely at ease with them and their creative vision. They provided us with such amazing photos that I almost cried when I saw them because they were better than anything I could have imagined! They are very good with communication and very accommodating to what our vision was for our wedding. During our ceremony, they were so subtle and made sure to not interrupt any of the service while still getting amazing shots. The best part of working with Rob and Kristen, apart from the amazing work they do, is how genuinely nice they both are and how easy they are to work with. I cannot recommend them enough for wedding and engagement photos. It was hands down the best money we spent on our wedding!

2018-01-10T16:39:15 Response from the vendor

Hi Beth! Thank you so much for the super sweet review: you and Dave are so wonderful, and we are grateful to have been your wedding photographers! Thank you for being so great to work with!

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Chloé R

If you were like me sometime last year, wondering who you could trust to take photos of your wedding day, then I need you to stop right now and read this review. Rob and Kristen are the most incredible people and photographers I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know. They... Read More were incredibly professional and kind throughout the whole process from our very first meeting to sending us our wedding photos. Not only do they take the time to get to know you and your relationship, they also make sure to reflect that in the photos they take. I received so many compliments on how incredible they were on our wedding day. All of our family were amazed at how quickly they were able to get through our very long list of family shots as well how beautiful all the shots turned out. Trust me on this, they truly are the real deal! Kristen and Rob were also life savers throughout our big day, Kristen even bustled my gown and Rob was a huge help in helping my husband stay calm prior to the ceremony. We absolutely LOVED working with them and I know you will too. If you want someone who knows what their doing , creates beautiful photos and short videos and will pour their heart into their work then these are the people you need to hire! THEY ARE WORTH EVERY DIME AND I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE THEM! Every step of the way they made sure to explain what would be happening, created a very detailed and efficient time line and family shot list and made sure that my husband and I had time together just to enjoy our special day. These are good people that I'm very proud to now call friends, you won't regret booking them! :)

2017-12-03T07:45:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Chloe and David. <3 You guys are wonderful people and make our work such a joy! We're so thankful we were able to share in all the special moments of your wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Amanda M

I don't even know where to begin on how amazing Rob and Kristen are!! I became obsessed with their work long before I was even engaged and I knew that they were the ones to someday photograph my wedding. I think I knew they were the ones before I knew my husband was the one.... Read More (Just kidding..... maybe.) So when we finally did get engaged, I knew I had to contact them right away. When we first met with them, we immediately had a connection. It was love at first sight/meet. They are both such fun people to be around, which made the whole process of getting to know who we really are as a couple so much easier. We could open up to them and share our story. It was definitely the most enjoyable experience of the whole entire wedding planning and actual wedding. My fiancé and I were so worried about the engagement photos because we are such dorks and can't take pictures to save our lives. But with Rob's brilliant direction and Kristen's entertaining conversation, we felt right at home and so comfortable. We were so sad the session had to end! Once we got the AMAZING pictures back (and saw how awesome they made us doofus creatures look), we were that much more ready for our wedding day with them as a part of it! Sure enough, our wedding day was absolutely incredible thanks to the timeline that Kristen created for us and their gentle nature all day long. I had such faith in them and felt so at ease all day. To say they were the best part of our wedding day (besides actually marrying my husband) would be the biggest understatement. We had such a blast with them all day. We got the most amazing, incredible, awe-worthy photographs (and short film, OMG did I mention the film??! Holy crap. Tears.) out of the whole experience with them. But more importantly, we gained two of the most amazingly talented friends. Have I said AMAZING too many times?? I'm not sorry. Seriously, anyone, anywhere, hire Rob and Kristen. You will not be disappointed! I cannot wait to book so many more random sessions with them just so we can have more of their talent on our walls. Also so we can hang out with them more (as if we need an excuse.) Rob and Kristen, we love you.

2017-11-27T07:50:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so, so much, Amanda and Jeremy! We love you guys too. <3 So glad we got to photograph your wedding and also shoot a film for you!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Emily R

Rob + Kristen are hands down the absolute BEST vendor we worked with throughout the entire wedding process. Not only do they have amazing talent, I mean look at their pictures, but they are also some of the sweetest most genuine people you will ever meet. Their communication... Read More is amazing, always prompt to get back to you and are great about reaching out to you with everything you need to know beforehand. They also exceeded our expectations on turn around time. Looking through our pictures was like reliving the wedding day. They captured it perfectly!! We loved working with them and seriously recommend Rob + Kristen to everyone we know!

2018-01-10T16:40:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Emily and Mike! This means so much to us. <3

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Molly K

HIRE THEM! We loved using Rob and Kristen for our engagement pictures and wedding day. Our engagement pictures are something that we will treasure forever and we love the overall style and feel of the photos. Rob and Kristen were so helpful and fun to work with throughout the... Read More whole planning process, and we genuinely enjoyed having them hang around with us throughout our big day. Not only do they take amazing pictures, they are incredibly kind, thoughtful, and genuine people. They are also incredibly efficient and organized at getting pictures taken. They kept us on schedule the entire day, and made everything go by smoothly! My parents even commented how much they enjoyed working with Rob and Kristen throughout the day and how helpful they both were. We are so thrilled that we got to work with them for both our engagement pictures and wedding photos and wish them the best of luck!

2017-10-19T09:48:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Molly and Evan! We just loved getting to be a part of your wedding day- you guys are the sweetest!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Jessica K

AMAZING. We absolutely loved working with Rob and Kristen! They are so much fun, easy to work with, and really great people. They will do anything to make you happy and comfortable (thank you, Kristen, for fluffing my dress in the 90 degree weather so I didn’t melt!). They love... Read More what they do and it shows. We are so happy with our photos and cannot wait to book with them again for future shoots! Thank you guys so much for capturing the best day of our lives! You are the best!

2017-10-19T07:06:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Jessica and Stephen! It was a great day, despite the heat. ;)

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jason L

It was wonderful working with Rob + Kristen. They were fun, easy to work with, very professional, and most of all, captured some amazing photos! R + K were very accommodating. They had Tara (my wife) and I's best interest in mind throughout the entire process -- From the first... Read More time we met them when they were trying to get to know more about us all the way to our wedding night where they came with us to where we first met for one last shoot. They let us take control over what we wanted to do, only providing direction or poses to further enhance the photo. Whether it was standing 10 feet further up a path closer to seemingly discreet flowering shrub or putting us in what felt like an unnatural (yet an ultimately genuine) pose, R + K truly knew how to make us look good. I can't imagine the entire process going more smoothly. Tara and I were very lucky to find Rob + Kristen. We hope the you do the same!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Patrick T

Rob + Kristen were exactly the photographers we were looking for when it came to our wedding. Both of us being architects, we wanted pictures that differed from the norm and were a bit “design-ey”. Rob + Kristen are both wonderful people with amazing eyes for photography and can... Read More create some incredible photos out of seemingly odd locations. As soon as we met with them (over beer of course!) and saw their work, we knew they were going to an amazing job at our wedding, and they most definitely lived up to the expectation. They get to know your personalities and do a wonderful job of catering your photos to you! All of our guests (many of them also being architects) have complimented the photographs many times over. On the day of, they were both so accommodating while taking portraits, making sure to keep us cool inside on a very warm day as much as possible. Additionally, as someone who does not fully enjoy the oodles of family photos that come along with a wedding, it was absolutely amazing how efficient and quick Rob + Kristen were able to move through them even while having a few curveballs thrown at them. During the reception, they did a wonderful job of floating in the background and capturing some amazing shots. Best of all, Rob + Kristen were so fun to work with, constantly making us laugh (those smiles are genuine in our photos!), and were so, so helpful at any time! We will cherish these photographs for years to come. Rob + Kristen, you are both amazing and we’re so happy to have met you!

2017-10-17T05:40:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Stephanie and Patrick!! We had a great time with you guys at the wedding and enjoyed getting to know you!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Melissa L

Where do I even begin?! Rob + Kristen are AMAZING!! Hands down the best vendor we worked with for our wedding! Not only are they SUPER talented, but they're also very personable and professional. They make a great team and we couldn't be happier with the outcome of our photos.... Read More We even had 3 friends book them after seeing our engagement photos! I highly recommend them!!

2017-09-22T13:29:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Melissa and Jesse! We appreciate you guys so much. :)

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Lisa K

We loved working with Rob & Kristen! They were extremely patient with us every step of the way and our pictures turned out beautiful. Having them present during some of the most intimate moments of our lives on our big day was effortless and fun. Wonderful people that have a... Read More real eye for great photos!

2017-09-21T06:45:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate it. :)

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Sara T

Rob + Kristen are awesome! They did our engagement shoot and our wedding photography. My husband and I aren't very "smile for the camera" people, so we needed photographers who could pose us and tell us where to look to make the pictures look good. Rob and Kristen did all of... Read More that and more! They were fun to work with, helpful and very creative. Also, I love the fact that they are a married couple. Its inspiring to see two people work so well together. A good energy to have at your wedding with an eye for what will look good in the photos for years to come!!

2017-08-04T07:18:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Sara and Jesse! Your kind words mean so much to us. You guys are an amazing couple and we are so fortunate to have met you!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Ashley C

Rob and Kristen are an absolute pleasure to work with! From our pre-wedding session, to bridal portraits, to our wedding day photos and short film, everything was flawless. They are so creative and think of shots that only an artistic eye can see. Like other reviewers have... Read More said, they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet! They also did a wedding for a close friend and my sister's wedding, so we have been lucky to hang out with them a few times :) I highly recommend one of Rob and Kristen's short films! We were nervous to do videography because of multiple cameras in our face, etc. but I had no idea that they were even filming and never felt nervous at all. They captured all the right moments and it is such a fun, sweet reminder of our day!

2017-09-21T06:46:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Ashley and Matt! So glad we were able to do a short film for you guys and photograph your big day too!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Kolleen M

Rob and Kristen are so amazing. We felt like their quality was an amazing value for the price. The creativity and love that they exude is so wonderful. They worked so hard on our wedding day and literally made all of our photo dreams come true. I couldn't believe they actually... Read More got all the photos to us within 1 week after the wedding! If you don't want your photos to look like everyone else's then you MUST meet with them.

2017-04-10T11:24:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Kolleen and Casey! We had so much fun getting to photograph your wedding and after party- thanks for having us be a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Natalie F

AMAZING!

2017-03-12T09:44:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Natalie!! We appreciate you and Marc. :)

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Sandy C

Top Reasons You Should Hire Rob + Kristen 1) They take beautiful pictures that really capture the important moments of your wedding 2) They are so awesome, fun, and easy to get along with (it's very important that you like the people photographing you so that you are comfortable... Read More in pictures) 3) They are good at making you feel comfortable and also helping you pose when needed 4) They are super organized and put together 5) They are really good at responding to emails ASAP (it may not seem important at first, but this is VERY important to keeping your stress to a minimum and helping your planning process go smoothly) 6) If you don't have a wedding coordinator, they will help with the wedding timeline and making sure that things are on schedule the day of 7) They are very creative: R+K are always trying new photo techniques or ideas so you know that your photos are not going to be a copy of someone else's 8) They are a strong team that work well together 9) They go above and beyond your expectations (Rob helped staff set up our ceremony chairs while he was waiting to take photos and later Kristen snuck appetizers for us while we were taking wedding portraits) 10) They take a TON of pictures of you, but they also make sure to get pictures of family and friends

2017-01-15T09:07:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this, Sandy and Brendan! We had such a great time with you guys on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017

As the groom I was assigned a few tasks for the wedding. The biggest one: Find the best photographers possible. With a little bit of experience in cameras and a lot of experience in Googling I knew I could. So I did.. It was Rob + Kristen! Their portfolio speaks to the quality... Read More and ability so I won't even comment on that. What you cannot see from their site/images is how well they interact during a wedding or shoot. We seriously felt so at home and excited while shooting - something I did not expect. Overall I give them a 10 out of 5 star. Stop reading reviews right now and hire Rob + Kristen - trust me.

2017-01-14T11:36:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review, Robbie and Heather! We appreciate you guys so much.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Hannah W

Rob and Kristen are amazing! Everyone who has seen our pictures has talked about amazing the two of them were. Not only are they extremely professional but they are so easy to get along with. They spent so much time getting the perfect shot as well as making sure they got the... Read More shots we wanted. I would recommend them over any photographer!

2017-01-07T08:31:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Jake and Hannah! So glad that everyone loves your photos. :)

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Maggie B

Rob and Kristen are two of the most talented people I have ever met. They captured our big day so beautifully, and from so many different perspectives. They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, with nothing forced, and the end result completely took my breath... Read More away. So easy to communicate with, and they'll take the time to get to know you so they can capture your personality. I can't recommend them enough, and you won't regret booking with these supremely talented artists!

2017-01-06T15:34:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review, Maggie and Kyle! We loved your wedding so much- thank you for having us capture your day! We loved all the funny and sweet moments that happened throughout the course of your wedding day. :)

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Molly T

Rob + Kristen are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! We hired them for our wedding after seeing one of their unique photos in The Knot Carolinas Magazine. Rob + Kristen live 5+ hours away from us but after seeing their work I had to have them photograph our wedding. If you are looking for unique... Read More pictures that look like they belong in a magazine, Rob + Kristen are the photographers for you. They are hands down the best around!!

2017-01-06T15:33:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Molly and Gary!! You guys were worth the drive. :) So glad we got to meet you and spend some time in your beautiful hometown!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Aubrey L

5 stars truly don't feel like enough for these amazing photographers and wonderful people. Rob + Kristen are so talented and insightful, and capture that magic in their artful photos. We feel so grateful to have found them here on The Knot - we fell in love with them right... Read More away. Of all the things that are stressful in planning a wedding, we felt ZERO stress knowing that they would be there to photograph and video our special day. Every single picture is beautiful and I think our walls will be covered with all of their pictures for years to come :). Choosing Rob + Kristen Photography was by far the best decision we made, aside of choosing to get married. :). Love, love, love.

2017-01-02T11:05:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Aubrey and Jimmy! We loved being able to shoot a short film and photos for you guys. :) We appreciate you two so much!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Katelyn F

Rob + Kristen were absolutely amazing! Our engagement and wedding pictures were incredible!! They were able to capture every moment of our day perfectly. They are so organized and quick to respond to any questions – not to mention they are super nice and laid back. We would... Read More highly recommend Rob + Kristen!

2016-10-23T19:54:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Katelyn and David!! We appreciate you guys so much!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Katelyn F

Rob + Kristen Tesar

Rob + Kristen started, long ago, as bandmates and best friends in marching band. Through a series of events much like an indie romantic comedy, we began dating over long distance (Rob in rural Ohio and Kristen in Seattle). We knew right away that we’d be together forever, so we got engaged six months later. We were married that following July, on the happiest and hottest day ever. We currently reside in our hometown of Waxhaw, NC with our Shepherd/Pyranees mix, Marzuki, and our Doberman/Shepherd mix, Josie.