Capturing Moments lasting a lifetime!

Thanks so much for writing and congratulations on your engagement! I'm about to celebrate 6 years of marriage and I know what a blessing it can be! To me, wedding photography is way more than just taking images. I want your day to be better and even more memorable because I am there. We will capture the precious moments between you & your partner on your most special day. I strive to capture the natural, elegant story.

Documentary

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Destination Photographer. World traveler. (917) 747-6291
PINTEREST

A True Professional

Reviewed on 4/16/2015

My husband and I eloped but wanted photos to share with our family and friends. It wasn't traditional wedding photos but I did wear a simple dress and my husband wore a suit. We wanted photos taken in the fall to capitalize the beauty in the colors and it also signifies when we... Read More met. I found Rob's information online and left a message with him. He contacted me right away. We went over what I was interested in, and said he can definitely do that for us. His level of professionalism was superb and his patience was appreciated. We decided to take photos at Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY and he would contact me when the foliage would be at its peak. When the date was chosen, my husband and I were extremely nervous since we've never taken professional photos before, but Rob and his wife who helped him out this day made our day so comfortable. The set up of the shots is stuff I could never come up with in my life on my own. When we received our photos, they were everything we could imagine. They are absolutely stunning and timeless. And though we didn't have the traditional wedding, it is a day that will forever be sketched in our heart. I would highly recommend using Rob Allen Photography for your wedding day. You will not regret it at all.

Reviewed on 12/18/2015

Rob came on high recommendation not only for his photos but also his customer service and he didn't disappoint. He made the usually hectic family function very light, organized and fun thanks to his professionalism and confidence in his work. We definitely won't be hiring anyone... Read More else.

Amazing

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Catherine A

Rob's work looked amazing online and his quote was within our price range/budget. On the phone, I felt very comfortable talking to him (like a friend) and immediately booked him before anyone else would. I realized through wedding plans how important it was to trust your... Read More vendors. My family, friends, new husband and I are so impressed by his work, too. He has an artistic eye and captured such special moments of our wedding day. I'll never get tired looking at the photos he took. He and his staff were so easy to work with. They were pleasant and funny, and made the wedding party comfortable in front of the camera. I highly recommend Rob Allen Photography and would not hesitate to call him again in the future for special events.

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

I can't say enough about Rob. His personality and quality of work are extremely hard to come by. We recently used Rob for two family affairs and we would use him again. My daughters christening photos are impeccable.

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

Word cannot describe how awesome Rob was he is so talented and fun to work with.Rob made sure we had fun taking photos and making everyone feel comfortable

Reviewed on 11/09/2015

I had Rob take pre wedding photographs for us to display for our wedding reception. My wife and I had no idea what we wanted or what the shoot would entail. Rob presented us with a shoot in the park and we went with it. I have to admit, it wasn't a painful experience like I... Read More thought it would be. Rob was very outgoing and fun. He had a great vision that came to life in his work. Unfortunately, his pre wedding pictures were exponentially better than my wedding reception pictures (which were taken by someone else). Too bad someone else reserved him for that date before we could. That was our mistake, but don't let it be yours too.

Captured it all and then some

Reviewed on 4/16/2015 e H

We had our ceremony Nov 2012 in our backyard with only 4 close friends, my grandmother, uncle who officiated and mother in attendance. Rob was there to photography our intimate ceremony and 6 months later we had our informal luncheon reception in May 2013 at Frankies 457 in... Read More Brooklyn, NY. Since this was a less formal wedding reception we didn't want formal portraits taken. Rob was able to capture the casual, lighthearthed and love filled atmosphere beyond what we expected. He captured these fantastic candid shots of our guests and us with guests mid-conversation/laugh and we just loved those. My 95 year old grandmother never had such wonderful photos taken of her. She was so impressed with the photos of her solo or with family members that she asked for some to be framed. When all the photos were presented to us we just thrilled with them all.

A great experience!

Reviewed on 4/16/2015

Rob's photos of our wedding are beautiful! His passion for photography and his awareness of his clients' needs and expectations comes through in every shot. You won't be disappointed.

Robert Carlsen

I know this page is where I’m supposed to list all my accomplishments or wax nostalgic about hand-developing black and white film in my high school darkroom. But instead of giving you a history lesson about how I fell in love with photography in the first place, I think it’s more important to explain why I’m still driven to create images and capture moments. These moments are what drive me to be a photographer. I see weddings as the first step on an incredible, lifelong journey — and I want to capture every connection and every awesome moment and new experience along the way.