Robin Jolin - Photographs Life

I'm a photographer and absolutely love my job. My grandfather introduced me to photography in third grade when he suggested I go to photography camp in Galveston, Texas, where I was visiting him for the summer. I remember the classroom was a science lab. The teacher gave us each a camera, a few rolls of film and the assignment of documenting Galveston. I was hooked. Fast forward to high school, I was the photo editor of high school newspaper and then earned a BA in advertising at Brooks Institute of Photography. I graduated in 2004 and headed straight to the Bay Area to start Robin Jolin Photography.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Oakland , CA We travel all over the world! (415) 652-5059

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Christina L

Robin is the best! My Husband and I cannot recommend Robin Jolin Photography with more enthusiasm. Robin photographed our wedding on August 15, 2015 and did our engagement shoot several months prior. Robin's packages are very reasonable and most include the engagement... Read More session. We had not originally planned on doing engagement pictures, but it was a wonderful opportunity to get to know Robin and for her to meet us. Robin shot both our rehearsal dinner and the ceremony/reception. I think she was with us for over 15 hours between the two days and was amazingly professional, helpful and positive the whole time. Throughout the weekend, Robin was in complete control and often took charge when other venders were not at their best. She captured every detail of both events and fully realized our vision. The pictures turned out AMAZING. It's a weird thing to say about your wedding photographer, but all of the above aside, Robin is also just an awesome person who we felt completely comfortable around and enjoyed sharing this important day with. Christina & Sean

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Jill S

Robin was everything we could have wanted in a photographer! I am a very particular person, so vendor selection was one of the most challenging aspects of coordinating our wedding. After reading countless reviews and conducting research, I ultimately based my choices off a gut... Read More instinct. I couldn't have been more right in selecting Robin. As much as I dreaded the nonstop posed photos on our wedding day, Robin did a wonderful job of making everyone (myself included) feel so comfortable. She is so sweet and bubbly and nearly impossible not to love (and laugh with). I greatly underestimated just how much time is spent with a photographer, and there's no one who I would have rather had hanging out with us from sun up to sun down. Robin was organized and easy to work with on a professional level, and was even more reasonably priced than many others I looked at. On top of everything, she managed to get our full edited photos back to us so incredibly fast! Thank you Robin (and Jerred!) for doing such a fantastic job and making for such a memorable day!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Freya W

Robin is fantastic. Not only is she incredibly talented, ensuring our favorite wedding moments are captured beutifully forever, but such a fun person to work with! I really enjoyed having her with me on my wedding day, she helped set a fun, relaxed tone that stayed with the... Read More wedding party through the entire day. She is trustworthy and very reliable - I trust her implicitly. I could not recommend her more highly!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Ashley M

Robin not only is the sweetest human ever, but she is a fantastic photographer! Not to mention, the most responsive and easy to work with person that we hired :) She did our engagement pictures and our wedding photos, and we could not be more pleased! Her and her husband and... Read More assistants are a dream team, everyone could not stop raving about how good of a job that they did. They truly captured our day beautifully, and caught all of the special moments without being in the way (or hardly even noticed!) She has such a great vision and eye, and the lighting in her photos are simply stunning. Cannot wait to work with her again in the future!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Joni L

Robin is so talented and a pleasure to work with. She photographed engagement photos for us in multiple locations around San Francisco and we were so happy with how the pictures turned out. She has a real eye for her work and guarantees beautiful results.

Reviewed on 12/24/2016 Anabel L

Wow! Robin blew our expectation away!! She shot our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. They were AMAZING, clean, modern everything I wanted. My hubby HATES pictures but Robin was so fun and personable that he was not only impressed, he had a great time. What I... Read More appreciate most about her is her great attitude and professionalism. We ran into a minor hiccup at the wedding, my sister (bridesmaid) left her dress at home which was an hour away from the venue. Robin was solution orientated and kept it going so we can maximize our photo time. So much was going on the day of the wedding, she was handling everything like a champ and kept things moving. I almost felt like she was my wedding coordinator! She was friendly, flexible and has a great eye for photos. She is so passionate about her job that she would go above and beyond for you. The album she created for us was so precious, I am so happy I found her! She is your girl!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Taylor C

Robin is incredible! My fiance and I live in SF but are getting married out of state, so we initially hired Robin to be our engagement photographer. My fiance was honestly dreading the pictures, but Robin's sweet and easy-going attitude and efficient working style immediately... Read More put both of us at ease. The lighting of her images is beautiful, there's no forced posing, and she keeps you laughing along the way. We had so much fun during our shoot, and she captured so many great images of us. My fiance and I loved the results so much that we've actually decided to now hire Robin to travel and photograph our wedding...my fiance is so excited not to have a "stranger" there on our wedding day since Robin already feels like a friend :) If that doesn't speak for the quality of her work and the wonderful experience we had with her, then I don't know what does! I can't say enough great things about Robin, and highly recommend hiring her for your engagement or wedding.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Jayne M

The most amazing photographer ever. I loved working with Robin every step of the way. She made us feel so relaxed and allowed us to enjoy our day while she captured it. Our photos turned out stunning!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Alissa G

Robin is THE BEST! We hired her for our engagement photos, wedding photos and to shoot a cocktail party following our wedding. From start to finish, she was so easy to work with. Professionally, she listened to our vision and accommodated every request we had, and delivered the... Read More most beautiful photos right on time. Personally, she made us and our guests feel so comfortable, and was truly fun to be around. She kept us all organized and on-track through all the wedding day craziness, and made sure that we got every photo which I had listed on the shot sheet ahead of time -- which I really appreciated! I would definitely recommend Robin and we look forward to hiring her again!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016

I don't even know where to start with my gushing about Robin Jolin Photography! Robin is so professional and so fun at the same time. Her photos are absolutely stunning. Her turn around time was so helpful to make thank you notes. She was really good at working with my husband,... Read More who is not a fan of getting pictures done. He actually had a great time! Everyone at the wedding absolutely loved her and her bubbly demeanor. She really helped keep everyone focused and was sure to check in with me and the day of coordinator from time to time during the wedding. I really cannot wait to have kids so she can take our family portraits! It may have been a once in a life time event, but I can see us staying in touch with Robin.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Tim J

Terrific. She captured the day perfectly. We have loved looking at the pictures she took. She was very straight-forward, deliberate and clear with her schedule and expectations, which made it all the easier to work with rather than having vagueness and unclear scheduling.... Read More Both photographers were very warm and had a way of making every come out of their shell. Her methods of gathering and placing people were wonderful, she had a knack for dealing with large families and different personalities. Would highly recommend using her.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Tim J

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 In Sun J

Robin was fantastic in every possible way! We worked with her for our wedding and engagement session. I couldn’t believe how accommodating, reliable, stress-free she was! Not to mention her amazing photos! My mother-in-law was specially commenting on how natural she was with... Read More guests too. We were so happy to work with her and would absolutely recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Tanya Z

let's see... I am never the one to post any review but here It goes! pretty sure there are no words to describe how amazing Robin is! My husband and I love her and her work!! All my family and friends did too and they only hung out/ saw her in action for about 10 hours on my... Read More wedding day! She's is so sweet and will do her best to capture every picture possible! I definetely recommend her to any couples out there looking for a special photographer to capture the most magical day of their lives!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Christie R

LOVE. Robin is the best! So much fun to work with throughout our engagement and wedding. All of our family and friends loved Robin too, she has such an amazing energy, makes you feel totally comfortable and is genuinely passionate about what she does.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Kirk L

Robin was absolutely fantastic to work with! She came as a referral from a close friend, and was even better than we hoped. Personally, you'll love working with her. We just got the final photos today and they are fantastic! We held the wedding at a beautiful location in Napa,... Read More and she captured all the important moments in a way that completely nailed it. 5 stars.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Erin M

Robin is perfect. Not only did she turn around our wedding pictures in TWO weeks (with a sneak peak the next morning!), she was an absolute joy to be around. As someone who is generally uncomfortable being photographed, she made me feel extremely comfortable and relaxed. The... Read More pictures came out looking like the best versions of ourselves--natural, happy and comfortable. Not only is she fabulously talented, Robin is game--we came up with the idea to go to the Stow Lake Boat House in Golden Gate park. Originally, we thought we would just take pictures by the lake, but she brought an assistant so we could ROW BOATS around the lake! It was such a blast and the pictures came out lovely. If you like her aesthetic, just book her. There is literally not a single negative thing I could say about Robin. She is worth every penny and more. My only regret is that we don't have any plans to see her in the near future.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Robin was extraordinary in every way. Communications prior to the wedding were concise, informative and easy. We could feel her excitement about the engagement. She was totally open to our ideas while at the same time assuring our confidence in her abilities, artistry and... Read More professionalism when and where the 'script' was not so clear. Ours was a catholic wedding with important guidelines around photography during the ceremony so as to not interfere or detract from its sacramental significance. Robin was careful to understand these guidelines and made adjustments with facility and utmost respect. After the ceremony, with a short window to gather family members for photographs on the church alter, Robin demonstrated great command at not only getting people listening and cooperating, but orchestrating guests and positions, captivating their attention to achieve wonderful smiling shots at very quick execution. The reception photographs were wonderfully varied and intimate, combining candid shots with impromptu compositions. She was never obtrusive or imposing, to the contrary, she managed to capture so many wonderful and important moments without altering the events unfolding before her camera. We feel truly blessed to have found Robin who is and could capture all we wanted. We heartily encourage you to contact her for beautiful memories of your own special occasion.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Shilpi P

Robin was one of the BEST vendors my husband and I got to work with for our wedding! I loved her from the very first phone call. She is easily accessible, professional and organized. Not only is she the sweetest and a delight to work with but she is an AMAZINGLY talented... Read More photographer!! She shot our engagement photos which turned out absolutely beautiful but the wedding photography was just beyond perfection! We have received endless compliments on how stunning our photos are and it is all thanks to Robin and her husband! She was also so kind enough to voluntarily help troubleshoot with our wedding website when I had difficulties. Robin really listens to your wants and consulted my Pinterest page for inspiration ideas in our wedding photos. She has an artistic eye on picking up the perfect lighting in all her photos. Considering how particular I am about my photos, Robin simply nailed it. I told her that she would be the one we call to capture all of our life's special moments for years to come!! We can't say thank you enough Robin and look forward to working with you again soon!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Michael P

This review is long overdue but Robin deserves every praise in the world for her service and beautiful photography. We got married in June last year and after a long time searching for the perfect photographer for our wedding, I finally found Robin. Her style ethereal, natural,... Read More and it always captures the happiest moments of almost everyone in her pictures. As a person, Robin is the brightest, most cheerful and positive person I've ever met. Even in the most stressful situation, she could make everyone feel at ease and lighten up the atmosphere. Robin is the highlight of our wedding, her pictures came out beautifully and the process of receiving and reviewing our photos was prompt and easy. The price of her wedding package was very reasonable, and it was worth every penny that we spent. If you are still looking for a wedding photographer, don't hesitate to choose Robin. We loved her at our wedding and we still cannot thank her enough for the incredible service she provided us.

Reviewed on 11/25/2015

Robin's work is amazing and very reasonably priced given the amazing quality of her work. We had her shoot our engagement photos and our wedding and in both she captured the moments beautifully. She was really fun to work with and made us feel so comfortable that it didn't... Read More feel like we were having a photo shoot - it felt much more natural and that really came out in the photos. Most men, my husband included, don't love taking hundreds of photos but he was pleasantly surprised because Robin made it fun and painless - she is really quick to capture the moments so you can get a lot out of a short amount of time. She is also unique in that she really knows how to work with the light and the photos come out that much better because of it. For example, we liked the softer more romantic look and she was able to capture that for us. In addition to her amazing talent, she is also just a great person to have with you on your wedding day. She was always offering her help and even offered her help on bridesmaid type duties including helping me with my dress countless times and helping to carry and keep track of my stuff. She was all around amazing and I'd strongly recommend her to anyone looking to really capture the day in the highest quality of photos.

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Sasha

Robin is amazing! We loved working with her for our engagement pictures as well as wedding. She is professional but fun , and made us feel comfortable during our Shoots. All of our guests loved her and her easy going personality. We absolutely love our pictures and I would... Read More highly recommend robin!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

After picking our venue, the Ritz Carlton @ Half Moon Bay, I was then on the search for an amazing photographer. Luckily, we found Robin. She was extremely friendly and professional (responsive and on time) and was very accommodating of our budget and even did a walk of the... Read More venue with us well beforehand. This happened to be our second wedding ceremony, the first one we had overseas. The photographer for that ceremony seemed to have been only a hobbyist with an expensive camera. Fortunately for us, Robin is a true artist and really loves her craft. Her photos turned out amazing and she really captured us in the most natural and elegant moments and gave us very easy to follow directions as far as posing and knew exactly how to make us look our best. I would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Rebecca A

Robin is AMAZING! Neither my husband and I are big fans of being in front of the camera. Robin quickly put us at ease and made us feel more like we were hanging out with a friend. That being said, she got every shot I requested (A-type bride with a long list). She kept things... Read More organized, calm and moving so we could enjoy our wedding. She worked fabulously with our other vendors and helped with anything she could. She was very responsive and got us our pictures quickly. Don't skip the engagement shoot, well worth it. I would hire Robin again in a heartbeat!

Priceless Photographs!!!! :)

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Melissa D

KEEP IN MIND, by the end of the night of my wedding my dress got trashed, the flowers died, all the food and drinks were gone BUT our photos we will have forever! Therefore, we are so incredibly grateful we had Robin as our wedding photographer. I cannot say enough wonderful... Read More things about her professionalism, artistry and overall she is just a lovely & kind human being. From the time of our first meeting to the day of our wedding, she was organized, always on top of it and had a non stop positive uplifting attitude! The day after my wedding I was not sad it was over but extremely excited because I knew we had photographs coming- sure enough they were priceless and captured our day beautifully! She is truly a gifted photographer and we were lucky enough to have her for the day. THANK YOU ROBIN FOR EVERYTHING!

Robin Jolin

Wedding photography makes me happy. I enjoy every part of it. I'm perfectly content watching each couple enjoy their day, documenting the small moments, and watching the light change through out the day. There is something magical about the bright harsh light around noon when they are getting ready and how it slowly transitions in to a soft afternoon light when they walk up the aisle. The day ends with the sun going down and the most exquisite diffused light. I enjoy life and adore documenting it.