Rock Out Entertainment

Ann Arbor, Metro-Detroit, some northern cities

Classical, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Caribbean, Latin, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

Ann Arbor, Metro-Detroit, some northern cities (734) 956-0511

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Crystal D

This DJ is awesome! We had Nabil, and we had the absolute best time at our wedding! My mother in law was impressed that at most wedding half the guests leave when things got loud and that was NOT THE CASE AT OUR WEDDING!! He kept 260 people entertained and happy, the glow... Read More sticks were awesome! It's been 4 months and people are still playing with them and talking to me about them! Our lighting was amazing and their set up will not ruin your wedding decor! If you want people to talk an about how much about about how much fun they had at your reception this is your DJ!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Nicole B

Wayne is absolutely the best! If you're looking for a DJ who will take the time to get to know you and your fiance, find out exactly what you want, and then somehow execute it even better than what you asked for, he's your guy. He went above and beyond to make our day special,... Read More and I am so glad that we worked with him. I couldn't recommend him more.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Sarah B

Wayne and his team were unbelievable! He was so flexible and comforting in the planning period up to the day and on the day he took the feel we wanted to achieve and ran with it! The dance floor was packed every second of the night. All of our guests kept telling us how great... Read More the music was and how awesome the DJ team was. If my husband or I went up to make a suggestion it was the next song that was played. He was laughing and smiling the whole time, which may not seem like a big deal but I found that since he's front and center people really fed off their energetic vibes. To top if all off my Mom wanted to plan a surprise sing along for my husband and I before dinner. I wasn't a part of the planning but the fact that Wayne kept it a secret and pulled it off seamlessly was pretty amazing! I can't say enough good things about his team. If you have a chance to book him - take it, he will make your day amazing.

Reviewed on 2/23/2016 Kelsy R

Wayne is the best! he took our music tastes and ran with it! everyone kept telling us how much they loved the music! He was very friendly and professional. He came to our rehearsal and made sure he knew when we wanted certain songs to start and how we wanted everything to be so... Read More the day of everything was already figured out and I did not have to worry. Wayne brought foam glow sticks and they were a huge success! everyone was super excited when he passed them out! He talked to us throughout the night to make sure everything was going perfect! I highly recommend him! He is very personable, easy to get in touch with and an entertainer not just a guy who plays music. Hire Wayne and your wedding/party will be awesome!

Awesome job!

Reviewed on 12/31/2015 Joanne G

We were so happy that we booked Rock Out for our wedding! Wayne, the owner, was our main contact for most of the planning. He was quick to respond, easy to work with, and even made suggestions for other vendors that would fit our needs. We didn't really want to have to dictate... Read More what music was played at our wedding, so we really put our trust in the DJ. We filled out a request form and went over it with our DJ (DJ Matt), and then after that we left it all in his hands. I'll admit, we were pretty vague - we basically told him no explicit lyrics, and please make sure everyone has fun. Matt did such an amazing job!! The music matched the mood of each event through the reception perfectly (cocktail hour, dinner, cake cutting, etc). And Matt knew how to get people out on the dance floor and pumped up!! Our dance floor was full the entire night and everyone had a blast! DJ Matt even passed out these crazy light-up glow sticks that everyone went crazy over - it was so much fun! If you're looking for an awesome DJ who really knows how to keep the party going, definitely talk to these guys!

Never a dull moment!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Emily K

DJ Wayne was AMAZING! Everyone from my grandmother to my maid of honor was on the dance floor! His selection of music is fantastic and he used our taste to play songs that we loved and that kept everyone moving. Each and every guest has complimented our entertainment and has... Read More said that they have never had so much fun dancing at a wedding. He kept the night going smootly as our MC and dressed up the room with gorgeous lighting. He made me feel so calm! I recommend Rock Out Entertainment to any bride that wants to have fun and enjoy their night.

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Julissa R

Wayne was AMAZING! We had a difficult time finding a DJ that was professional, fun and knew music well enough to spin Latin, Oldies, Motown, Disco, Top 40 like no one's business. We went through a lot of options and I am beyond happy and thrilled we chose Rock Out Entertainment!... Read More Wayne was such a pleasure to work with. He strives and delivers perfection and makes the entire process fun and easy. Wayne definitely works with you in terms of budget and is truly at the top of his game when compared to other DJ vendors. He was great at contacting and touching base with our other vendors to tie the whole event together. He even came to our rehearsal to help coordinate our processional and recessional. The music and MC was awesome, better then I could have imagined! Everyone was on the dance floor all night! Would totally recommend Wayne at Rock Out Entertainment, look no further he's your man!

Rock Out Entertainment

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Julie W

I loved everything about Rock Out Entertainment. DJ Justin was awesome. He kept the music pumping and the whole vibe of the evening going. He kept an absolute perfect flow of the evening. The glow sticks they provided were a big hit. Rock Out was great in the whole planning... Read More as well. Rock Out was very accommodating and helpful in the planning. I more than highly recommend anyone to use any of the DJs from Rock Out for nay of their party needs.

Elena and Steve Strong

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Elena P

Wayne was amazing! We did not give him much details with what we wanted besides we wanted to keep everyone on their feet dancing until we had to kick them out of the room. He did that, and more. We have had so many compliments about how fun our wedding was, as we owe it all... Read More to Wayne for keeping the party going. He even ended the night playing our song, and had the entire reception surrounding us in a circle singing along with us. It was one of our favorite moments of the day, that we didn't even plan on happening :-) Thanks again Wayne!!!!

Nonstop dance party!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Patrick G

We worked with DJ Mattmatics and we couldn't be happier! He understood exactly what we wanted and delivered it perfectly! Matt got the dinner sound just right and I don't think the dancing stopped even once after it started. Working with Rock Out was easy and they are very... Read More professional.

Awesome DJ to keep the party going!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Laura G

It was great working with Wayne from RockOut! I already knew he was an awesome DJ after hearing him at my sister's wedding, and he did not disappoint for my wedding! Wayne was very personable and friendly at our pre-wedding meeting, and listened to all of my ideas, as well as... Read More made suggestions of his own. Everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. The music during the ceremony was perfect, the announcements were great, and the dance party was so fun! Wayne played great music and kept us dancing all night. A++ and I would recommend Wayne and RockOut to any bride!!!!

ASK FOR WAYNE!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Alyssa C

Wayne brought the house down the night of the wedding! Not only did he keep the entire dance floor packed all night, he was so great with keeping events of the evening rolling. When it was time for the bridal party entrance, he came out and made sure everyone knew what their... Read More cues were and gave an entire run-down of what to expect as we walked in. Our families were all over the place during the time for the bridal party dance and instead of having my husband and I off to search for everyone, he gathered everyone together. When time for the bouquet toss, he grabbed the flowers for me. Wayne kept the dance floor alive and is able to connect with the crowd, feeding and seeing what is keeping them on the dance floor. He is great with interacting with the crowd and getting everyone involved - he even went out and did The Wobble with everyone on the dance floor to familiarize it with how it's done. My husband and I were not off the dance floor all night and cannot thank Wayne enough for the incredible job he did on our special day!

Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Janna S

Rock Out Entertainment did a spectacular job! We loved out down to earth our DJ was. He kept the dance floor PACKED all night! Guests came up to us throughout the night, raving about how great the DJ was. We would keep him in mind for any other event!

Wayne is the best MC/DC!

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 kendra k

Wayne was an absolute joy to work with! You are in good hands when you work with him. I could not have asked for a better master of ceremonies/DJ. He is super organized and prepared and easy to work with. He really goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure you and your... Read More guests are enjoying themselves. He really takes care of you! Thank you Wayne for allowing me to just have fun and not worry about a thing!!

It doesn't get any better...

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 Jennifer B

Wayne is the best! He knows how to host a party and is extremely organized. Wayne was my lifesaver for my wedding - he put together an itinerary timeline of the night, played great music, made sure everything was on time for the evening and also always made sure I had a drink in... Read More my hand! He went above and beyond a great host and DJ and I would highly recommend him for ANY event!!!!

AWESOME!

Reviewed on 12/30/2012 Elizabeth T

We worked with Patrick. He was super professional, prepared and made our event great. We also had a band and thanks to the strong relationship Rock Our Entertainment had with them, it was simple to coordinate both performers. Patrick made sure that our introductions,... Read More speeches and first dance went off with out any issues. He was flexible and created a fun party atmosphere for everyone. Our guests could not stop talking out what a great event this was. We would highly recommend for ANY event! AWESOME!

Above and beyond...

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 Catherine B

Wayne is an amazing DJ!!! We really wanted to make sure we had a good DJ for our wedding, because they truly can make or break your wedding reception. Well Wayne and Rock Out definitely made our wedding ceremony and reception!!! He was open to every song choice I threw at him... Read More and even made a super cool entrance song out of one of my favorite songs, which is totally not a traditional entrance song. He also came to our rehearsal to make sure that he would have our ceremony music timed correctly with our aisle walk. If that isn't the definition of above and beyond, I don't know what it is!!! Bottom line... HIRE HIM!!!

Rockin' all night

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Holly H

Wayne is an amazing DJ. He came highly recommended from another vendor and I am so happy we chose him for our wedding reception! He is professional but tons of fun and kept our guests dancing all night- even some of the older ones we thought would bale out early! His music,... Read More displays and MC'ing were outstanding and I would most definitely recommend him for any event!

Recommend 100% !

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Lauren P

Wayne from Rock out Entertainment was AMAZING!! He met with us a few times before the wedding to discuss the vibe we were going for and what kind of music we wanted. He completely exceeded all of my expectations. He got the crowd pumped for our introductions, played perfect... Read More music that kept everyone dancing all night long and above all served as the MC and kept the reception running smoothly. Once I arrived to our reception I knew that I did not have to worry about a thing because Wayne had it all handled. He even helped to coordinate the other vendors to make sure they were in the right place at the right time. Wayne also put a monogram G on the dance floor for us and set up the uplighting on the walls which really made the room look special. I cannot recommend Wayne enough! If you want a DJ who really knows his stuff, knows how to work a crowd and can keep the party going - book with Wayne. Don't worry about having to pick all of the music either. I gave him our intro song, first dance, father daughter, mother son and last dance and let him run with the rest. He chose the perfect songs all night long. Thank you, Wayne!! Lauren and Tim

so glad I found this DJ!

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Tracy B

I had a hard time finding a DJ and my photograhper recommend Wayne with Rock Out Entertainment...and I am so glad that he did! Wayne met with us a few times prior to the wedding, and helped us figure out everything from picture scheduling to suggestions about timing. Our... Read More guests loved him and people were out there dancing until the very end.

Hands down, the best DJ out there

Reviewed on 6/27/2011 Scott H

Wayne from Rock Out Entertainment is hands down the best DJ in the business today. He traveled up to Bay Harbor from metro Detroit for our wedding, so that's why the cost is slightly higher, but it was worth every penny and then some. He sits down with you and plans as much... Read More detail of the reception as you would like. His attention to detail as it relates to speaker placement, lighting, etc. is great and gives you confidence that you know he'll do a great job. The coordinators in Bay Harbor told us they had never worked with such an easy-going DJ before -- EVER. Wayne has such a great command of the crowd as well that he intuitively knows when to switch the music up to ensure people are on the dance floor. You will not be disappointed in Rock Out Entertainment.

BRIDE

Reviewed on 6/09/2011 Michelle K

Patrick was okay but not sure that I would recommend him. Song selection was great but dj skills were lacking. There were also a few disappointing errors.....

More than a DJ

Reviewed on 5/10/2011 Julie C

Wayne knows music and he knows weddings. He's relaxed, fun, intelligent, helpful, and played such good music that guests were asking me for our playlist! (We had only given Wayne a sample of the music we liked and he took it from there!) The utmost professional, Wayne was a... Read More pleasure to work with!