Rollins Mansion

Des Moines, IA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Rollins Mansion

A BALLROOM IN DES MOINES, IA

Rollins Mansion in Des Moines, Iowa, invites couples to share this exquisite estate and the surrounding grounds for wedding celebrations. The mansion dates back to 1925 when it was built by a local businessman. Rollins Mansion is also included on the National Register of Historic Places. This expansive venue has both indoor and outdoor event spaces, which lend themselves ideally to full wedding festivities that include both ceremony and reception. The entire venue accommodates 300 or more guests, depending on whether you spill out onto the grounds.

The Banquet Room. This expansive indoor space has a private entrance, a full bar and walls of windows allowing in abundant natural lighting. The bridal suite is located just off the banquet room.

Lodge and Lower Porches. A lodge adjoins with a separate bar area and a lower porch to offer pleasing amenities for virtually any social gathering. You and your guests can enjoy this expansive area for a formal reception.

The Gardens. Step out into the gardens for an open-air event on the grounds. The beautifully manicured flower beds offer a delightful backdrop for your event. A terrace area with a fountain is also a popular ceremony site.

With the knowledgeable event staff attending to every detail and the captivating mansion and grounds, your wedding at the Rollins Mansion is assured of being an unforgettable gala.

The staff has compiled a list of approved and preferred vendors to help you with selection of wedding services. Vendors include caterers, entertainers, florists, photographers and rental companies for linens. Catering services provided by preferred vendors promise to be tempting. If you decide you would rather work with a different caterer, you have to submit vendor information to Rollins Mansion. The staff assess an additional charge for this service.

Beverage service is provided by an exclusive vendor for all events. When you serve alcoholic beverages at your wedding reception, you need have two security officers present during the final three hours of the night. The wedding party has access to a bridal suite on the day of the event. The suite features couches and full-length mirrors.

Entertainment can involve a live band or a DJ. Amplified sound can't extend further than the terrace. All music must end by 11 p.m. on weekends. In-house sound is included with every event. Onsite parking is available for guests. The mansion has limited handicap accessibility.

Brides and grooms planning weddings usually implement years of dreaming into the final plans. The event coordinators at Rollins Mansion understand that you probably have many ideas and requests. Extra amenities are available to add to your package.

• Audiovisual items such as a projector, screen, microphone and podium are available for rent
  • Valet parking by an independent vendor is available
  • Extend your reception to midnight

Rollins Mansion - Your Home for Celebrations

Conveniently located between the airport and downtown, Rollins Mansion is one of Des Moines treasured jewels with a magnificent view of the downtown skyline. The mansion and gardens are now available for corporate events, private parties, and weddings with over 10,000 square feet of event space.

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

Food + Catering

2801 Fleur Dr, Des Moines, IA (515) 657-7288

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Christa H

Rollins mansion is stunning. It had all the old charm we were looking for and I love how you don't have decorate. The mansion and the surrounding grounds are gorgeous. We had a June wedding and were able to stay mostly outdoors. All the staff at Rollins made the wedding as... Read More smooth as possible. Paula was awesome, she kept things on track and organized behind the scenes. I would also recommend getting an established DJ with good portable sound options for outdoors at different parts of the mansion. We had BCP weddings and they did a fabulous job! We chose in-house catering with Daniel and he took excellent care of us. The food was very good and the presentation was very nice. I would also recommend doing the food tasting events that they offer to try things out. I loved how we didn't have to worry about tables/linens/place-settings and everything looked beautiful on the terrace. It was a magical setting for a wedding and our only complaint was the night flew by! We loved every minute of it!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Kheila I

Venue was beautiful, staff was incredibly helpful. Overall our wedding went exactly as we anticipated without any issues. I would also highly recommend using the in-house catering option. People could not stop raving about the food all night long!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Kristen R

From the very moment we began the wedding planning, my husband and I knew we wanted to get married at the stunning mansion! There is so much beauty and character here. The staff was very accommodating and easy to work with. The in- house catering Delmonico, led by Daniel Grimes,... Read More is phenomenal! We can't thank them enough for helping us have a perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Jan V

What an amazing experience we had with Rollins Mansion and lots of compliments from family and friends about how stunning the venue is and how amazing the meal was. Daniel was great to work with. The staff was very professional and provided great service from setting up an... Read More outdoor ceremony and serving plated meals and keeping up with the thirsty guests at the bar. Would highly recommend Rollins Mansion. Such a beautiful venue and very accommodating!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Kristie A

We're so glad we went with Rollins for our wedding. Not only did they make the entire process easy, but they were extremely pleasant to work with. Daniel was sweet and the team took great care of us!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Bryan l

I just had a wedding there in October and the venue is absolutely amazing. On top of it being a beautiful venue the price for the services you get when using the in house catering is very competitive and they do all of the base set up for tables, chairs, etc. The staff was... Read More amazing to work with and the catering staff was probably the most professional and efficient I have ever seen at a catered event. The food was amazing as well. If you use their catering make sure you go to one of the tastings. They have a lot of great foods to choose from and can get any Iowa beverage which was a huge plus for us as we like some local wines and whiskeys.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Lyndsi T

While Rollins Mansion alone is a "wow" factor, the management and staff do everything they can to enhance you and your guests' experience. We chose not to do in-house catering, however, Daniel was a pleasure to work with during the reception planning process and a key person in... Read More calming my nerves the day before and of our wedding. We loved every minute of our special day there!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Jessi R

From the moment I visited Rollins Mansion, I knew it was where I wanted our special day to take place. It’s so beautiful and the staff there is amazing to work with, especially Daniel. He did an amazing job at making sure our wedding day unfolded exactly the way we wanted it to.... Read More My husband and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 2/09/2016

Rollins Mansion is the perfect place to have your wedding! The staff is absolutely wonderful and makes sure they're with you every step of the way. Not only is the mansion absolutely stunning, it has so much history! I received so many comments from my guests about how beautiful... Read More it was and how it gave such a romantic atmosphere. I am so thankful it was available for my wedding. Know that you won't regret your decision if you have your event here! :)

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Adrienne H

Amazing Mansion with incredibly beautiful grounds! We had our wedding there this summer and the staff were absolutely a joy to work with. Even though we worked with almost all of their staff at different times, there was never any confusion or worry about what the next steps... Read More were. They were able to help us figure out every part of the day and even worked directly with some of our vendors so we did not have to worry about all of the minuscule details. The day of the ceremony, the staff was on-site and took care of anything that came up.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Our entire day was absolutely perfect. Daniel and Paula helped make our visions come to life and made sure everything turned out wonderful. The venue is so unique and amazing. The staff was wonderful to work with and took great care of our guests. The wedding ceremony was... Read More beautiful, the buffet they provided was delicious, and the reception was a blast!! We could not have been happier with the entire day! We want to thank them for helping make our daughter and new son-in law's wedding the best celebration ever!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Tiffany M

I can't even begin to explain how amazing the Rollins Mansion and staff is. The venue is absolutely beautiful and has so much to offer whether you are looking for an outdoor area, indoor, or a combination. The staff was so great and so professional and helpful. During the... Read More planning process, I just let them know my vision and I put my trust in them to follow it through. I could not have been happier. From the ceremony, to cocktail hour, dinner, and then the party, everything ran flawlessly. Even the guest were amazed at how helpful and pleasant the staff was. I wish we could do it all over again, keeping everything the exact same, just to enjoy the day all over again. Thank you to everyone at the Rollins Mansion for making our day (and the planning process) so easy and amazing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Rollins Mansion was the perfect place to have our wedding. Not only is it incredibly beautiful and unique from all other wedding venues we've been to, but the staff and the service is wonderful. Daniel Grimes is A-mazing and a culinary wizard. We felt so well taken care of... Read More during the entire process. Everything went perfectly - from the venue to their delicious in house catering. (No one had anything bad to say about the food or the venue - that NEVER happens!!) Easily the best wedding dinner and Des Moines best kept secret.