Running Deer Golf Club Weddings

Pittsgrove, NJ

Demand Something Different

What makes Running Deer so different from everyone else? When you commit to Running Deer for your wedding, we commit to you as well. We are anything but a wedding factory and never have more than one wedding at a time! We take pride in customizing a plan to fit you! Call us and find out more today!

Ballroom, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1111 Parvin Mill Road, Pittsgrove, NJ (856) 358-2000

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Chelsea C

My husband and I are so thankful that we had our wedding at Running Deer Golf Club. From the moment we stepped foot into the venue we knew it was where we wanted to have our wedding. The site was beautiful and the staff was amazing. They were all so organized, detailed and... Read More helpful. They never tired of our constant questions especially the weeks before the wedding. Hurricane Hermine was supposed to hit NJ on the day of our wedding and while our Florist was pressuring us to make a decision to have the ceremony inside 12 hours before we had originally agreed to decide, the Running Deer Staff was helping us track the wedding and dealing with my florist for me. The weather ended up being perfect and thanks to Running Deer I was able to make the decision to have it outside. On the day of my wedding they did everything for me. They set up my complicated centerpieces, welcomed and took care of my guests that all arrived early and made sure that we had everything we needed. The food was incredible!!! From the dinners to the salads and the cocktail hour. There was never a shortage of food and they were quick to refill any trays that emptied. the dessert room was something from a dream. Whether you like chocolate or not there is something for everyone. I wish I could eat the dinner I had that night over and over again. The portions are generous and the display is beautiful. I know we have all had a cold and bad dinner at a wedding and know how disappointing it can be. Have no fears about Running Deer's food. It is perfection. Our attendant Crystal was AMAZING. When I got to the venue I was upset because the Florist used less than half of the floral stems we agreed on in our contract. Instead of letting me or my bridal party get upset, Crystal called my florist for me and had her come out and fill the vases with more flowers. In case the florist wouldn't do it Crystal actually had her grandma on standby who grew flowers on her own to help me. That kind of service is just not something you find at other places. I literally cannot imagine having a better wedding day and I owe that to Running Deer Country Club and their incredible staff. I recommend this venue to any bride who wants a beautiful, private, stress free wedding. Running Deer is an easy choice that you will be thankful you made. Call Heather, Olivia or Samantha and start your wedding planning off on the right foot. Once you pick the venue, especially the right venue everything else falls into place. Thank you Running Deer for everything. We will never forget that day and how amazing you all were. Love, Chelsea & Dan

2016-09-10T12:03:35 Response from the vendor

Chelsea and Dan, we can't thank you enough for your kind words! We are truly honored to have helped bring your dream wedding to life. It was such a pleasure working with you both! Wishing you years of happiness! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Brianna W

Our Running Deer Golf Club wedding exceeded our expectations. I fell in love with RD when I attended a bridal show there. Hook. Line. Sinker. I was to be married no where but RD. From its breath-taking building, secluded in a small town in New Jersey, you walk around back and... Read More find the most beautiful golf course, and a beautiful pergola where most couples seeking an outside ceremony, decide to get married at. The inside ball room is everything we were hoping for, and the giant wall of windows will take your breath away. Our September 2016 wedding was planned in 3 months total because my fiancé is in the service and was getting restationed in the US. Olivia M. was my go to gal, when I met her at RD bridal show 8 months prior she was sweet, kind, understanding, and wanted to work with us to meet our budget being a young couple, but to also give us the wedding of our dreams! Boy did she. Olivia was there to answer any questions I had (which was a lot!) Samantha was a big help too with my questions. Come the day of the wedding, I have to say if my coordinator Krista was not there, I don't know what I would have done. Krista exceeded all our expectations and went above and beyond for us. We felt truly cared for the day of the wedding. I was a DIY bride and Krista started off helping me set up my center pieces and decorations so I could relax and enjoy our bridal lunch. Every time we needed her, we didn't have to look for her. Every time we didn't have a drink in our hands she was there to replenish it. She saw that it was very hard for us to eat, she saved us a plate of hors d' ovderves, she brought us our Mac and cheese martini to eat while we were waiting to get introduced, chauffeured us first to get our dinners and made sure that no one stopped us on the way, boxed our food for us, and brought us all of our cakes and desserts to try. Weddings are super hectic and normally the bride and groom do not have time to actually enjoy it, but with Krista we enjoyed every minute and felt completely relaxed. Krista is a very hard worker, and I could tell she truly loves what she does. I would recommend everyone I know to plan their wedding at RD and with the friendly staff there.

2016-10-12T08:55:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much Brianna! It truly was a pleasure getting you know you through the whole process! We are so happy you decided to get married at Running Deer! Wishing you and Robbie a lifetime of happiness! <3

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Bryn H

We cannot say enough about this venue and its staff after our wedding was here in January 2017. Beautiful grounds and ballroom, with great details that help make your wedding feel rich and luxurious despite the excellent deal in their packages. The staff is absolutely... Read More incredible - they put maximum effort into every single detail, taking your dream in your head and making it a perfect reality. Olivia and Sam answered all my questions so quickly and were so helpful in the planning, Mary Jo was absolutely wonderful on the day of our wedding, and the entire staff was professional, kind, and helped keep things on track the entire night. We didn't have to lift a finger the day of the wedding, and really didn't worry about anything since it was all taken care of from start to finish. So many of our guests complimented us on it being one of the best weddings they had ever been to. We seriously don't think our wedding could've been any more perfect and flawless, and we credit Running Deer for the most amazing night of our lives!

2017-01-25T09:07:09 Response from the vendor

Bryn, thank you so much for you kind words! It was a pleasure working with and getting to know you and Steve through the years of planning. We wish you all the best and congrats again! <3

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Clifton S

Running Deer was amazing! The staff there (especially Mary Jo, Olivia, and Sam) were wonderful! The entire night was perfect. It's over a month later and I'm still getting compliments on our reception. Food was perfect, but that wasn't surprising after our tasting. Running... Read More Deer worked with us on every idea we had. Mary Jo was absolutely amazing- every time we needed a drink or something to eat, she was right there! And she made the whole night flow so smoothly! Every vendor we worked with came up and commented on how smooth the entire event was! We could not have asked for anything more! It was PERFECT!

2016-12-27T08:41:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Krystyna! We are honored that you chose to have your wedding at Running Deer!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 MaryKate A

I had the most amazing winter wedding here. I can't believe how flawless the whole wedding turned out. I had Olivia every step of the way to make sure everything was on track and done correctly and Mary Jo and the whole RD Staff made my ceremony and reception a dream come true.... Read More I would recommend this venue to anyone! I was looking for a more rustic feel and that's exactly what I got at Running Deer.

2016-12-20T08:55:05 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear that MaryKate! Thank you for the kind words! Wishing you and Kurt all the best! <3

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 JK R

Words can not describe how amazing Running Deer Golf Course is. From the moment we had our private champagne tour with Heather and Olivia, there was no doubt that I wanted to get married anywhere else. Being in the wedding business, I was a very particular bride with many... Read More requests, and a lot of questions. My calls and emails were always returned promptly, and I never had a worry after talking with Olivia or Samantha. I had a custom menu and everyone raved about the food. My grandfather still talks about the prime rib haha! When it came time for our big day, I had not one bit of stress. Everyone was so assuring prior to this that I knew there was nothing to worry about. Our day of coordinator Mary Jo was a saint.Our food was always hot, and our drinks were never empty. She was there all day working with our florists helping make everything exactly how I had invisioned. Might I add, she was awesome when it came to our children. Trying to enjoy your day with a two and four year old, is a little difficult. Mary Jo did whatever it took to keep our kids occupied so we could enjoy ourselves. The servers were all so helpful as well. Always smiling and congratulating us, and helping with anything we needed. One of my biggest pet peeves at an event is cluttered tables. The tables were always spotless and cleared in a timely matter making it easier for my guest to enjoy themselves. Anyone who is looking for a stress free, absolutely perfect day, at a beautiful venue, look no further Running Deer Golf Course and their staff will surely exceed your expectations.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Randi B

We had an absolutely perfect experience with Running Deer for our wedding on 10/28/16! I can not say enough good things about the staff we worked with over the last year- Heather, Olivia, Samantha and Mary Jo. Heather, Olivia and Samantha were quick to answer all of my emails... Read More and really helped guide me through the whole process. I fell in love with the venue the first time I saw it, and it was STUNNING the day of. More beautiful than I could have imagined. Olivia and Mary Jo were so helpful the day of, and Mary Jo was very attentive to me, my bridal party and our parents every need. Best Day ever!! Thank you Running Deer!!

2016-11-27T15:10:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Randi! You put together a beautiful wedding! It was a pleasure working with you!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Steven V

Our experience at Running Deer was one we will never forget. From the moment we checked out the venue we knew this is where we wanted to get married and celebrate with our loved ones. Olivia, Samantha, and Krista were great. They were on top of everything, from making sure... Read More everything was set up properly, to making sure we ate during the night. We had about 140 people and they ALL had a great night. Everyone loved the food. Service was great as well. Thank you to everyone at Running Deer Golf Club for providing my wife and I with the greatest night of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Rosemary L

My son had his wedding here. RD did such a good job. The food was fantastic and the staff was awesome. They were helpful all day and night and couldn'the do enough for us. We had a great event thanks to them.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Morgan L

Running Deer was the perfect choice for our wedding day! Their space offers the perfect amount of room without it being overwhelming! We fell in love as soon as we walked through the front doors. Mary Jo is the Maitre D for the Bride and Groom the day of the wedding and she is... Read More AMAZING! Our wedding day was over 100 degrees with the heat index and Mary Jo was right by our sides with water and cool towels as needed. Guests complimented the venue numerous times on their attentiveness upon arrival as they were greeted with cool towels and water for our outdoor ceremony. The cocktail hour and dinner food was fantastic and the staff went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy. For having an outdoor ceremony, the grounds were very quiet and all could hear the ceremony. Olivia and Samantha were wonderful to work with! They listened to every idea, want and need my husband and I asked for and were extremely quick to answer any concerns.

2016-10-07T11:36:08 Response from the vendor

Morgan, your kind words mean so much to us! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your big day! It was such a pleasure working with you. Congrats again and best wishes!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016

HOLY PERFECT! I can't begin to thank Running Deer and their staff enough! This was the only venue we visited that we felt like family right away! Everyone greeted us and seemed excited for us from the pro shop to the bartenders! The day of our wedding we thought maybe a few... Read More little things might get missed, which I was ok with because I knew I had A LOT of demands but I was wrong. NOT ONE DETAIL WAS MISSED. On top of that, they added certain touches to the decor that I didnt plan and Loved. Thank you to the entire staff at RD! The food was INCREDIBLE, service was outstanding and the venue is one of a kind! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Rosemarie D

We cannot say enough about Running Deer!! We were married on site on Sept 16, 2016 and everything was perfect!! Heather, Olivia and Samantha were so easy to work with! They replied quickly to any questions that we had and when one wasn't available the others would be sure to... Read More reply almost immediately! MaryJo was our go to person on our wedding day and she was there for us every step of the way! She made sure we had everything we needed and helped me with getting dressed and even brought us food and drinks during our pictures and made sure we had anything and everything we needed. She was AMAZING!!!! All of our guests that we spoke to said they loved the food and the BEAUTIFUL venue! Look no further if you're trying to find a venue. This was without a doubt one of the best choices we made and worth every, single penny! Thank you so much to all of the staff at Running Deer for truly making our wedding day the most perfect day ever!!

2016-09-22T09:17:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you Rose! We are so honored to have shared in your special day with you! We truly enjoyed getting to know you and Tony through these years of planning! Best wishes and congrats again!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 lori b

Love at first sight and a dream come true! We loved everything about Running Deer from the get go. My fiancé (now husband) and I looked at each other, when leaving our first look at the venue and said to each other “ok, what’s wrong with it?” Other than being a little bit of a... Read More drive for us, we couldn’t find anything wrong! After looking at other venues, we appreciated the upfront pricing. Everything was included and they weren’t trying to nickel and dime you to death over silly things like chair covers. We also liked that we would be the only event and would not have to compete with another wedding going on at the same time. It was really a no brainer to me when they mentioned the macaroni and cheese bar! It was such a pleasure to work with everyone at Running Deer. I was an extremely busy bride, working full time at a very demanding job. Heather and Olivia were so professional and responsive to all of my questions (and I had a ton!). They made the process so easy and seamless from start to finish. Every wedding has its hiccups but they made our day go incredibly smooth. On the day of our wedding, it was pouring for hours and stopped only 2 short hours before the ceremony. They had an eye to the sky and were ready to go as soon as it stopped. Our maître d’ , Mary jo and the staff were so calm and collected, it was very reassuring to a nervous bride checking the radar every 5 minutes. Olivia ran our rehearsal so well the ceremony was a breeze. The reception also went exceptionally smooth. Mary Jo even helped refill the flower girls’ bubble guns when they were having a meltdown about their bubbles running out. She also made sure I got my very own glass of mac-n-cheese, knowing that was my favorite part of the whole deal! I had so many compliments from everything from the room to the food. I personally do not eat red meat but I had several reports of the filet being the best they’ve ever had at a wedding! I was extremely happy we chose Running Deer and would choose it a thousand times more. Thank you all for making our day practically perfect!

2016-07-09T14:50:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words Lori! It was such a pleasure working with you to plan the special day! We sure did get lucky with the weather that evening :) Wishing you and Chris all the best!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Emily K

My husband and I wanted a venue that was beautiful but not 'stuffy' as many of the ballrooms we had visited. Running Deer Golf Club was the perfect spot for us. The team there was amazing and worked so hard to ensure that our day was everything we'd pictured. All of the guests... Read More raved about the food and service they received. From the first introduction with the events team to driving away after our reception they were attentive, responsive and kind. Many thanks to Olivia, Sam, MJ and team!

2016-06-29T12:46:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words Emily!! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your mom! Wishing you and Matt all the best!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Amanda J

I cannot say enough good things about Running Deer and their staff! From the early planning stages until the last dance on our wedding night, Running Deer was amazing! I e-mailed Olivia what feels like a thousand times; she always responded quickly and was always so helpful with... Read More all of my questions. Mary Jo and her team were amazing on our wedding day. She was there to help with absolutely anything myself or my bridal party needed. Olivia, Mary Jo, and the whole RD team really went above and beyond what I could have ever expected! I would highly recommend Running Deer to any future bride and groom. Their venue is absolutely gorgeous and their staff is top notch! You will not be disappointed with your choice!

2016-06-24T09:41:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you Amanda! It was a pleasure working with you to help plan your special day! Wishing you and Bryan all the best!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Katie S

I attended a wedding here and it was wonderful!! The outside ceremony site was gorgeous. The outdoor ceremony was perfect, followed by cocktail hour outside along the back patio. The staff was great, they provided wonderful service. As soon as the ceremony was over they were... Read More standing with hot hor d' erves ready to serve. The reception room was very pretty with windows over-looking the outside. The only downside was my phone wasn't getting reception there because it's far back in the woods. They have a great bridal suite room. Food was delicious from cocktail hour, to the buffet, to the decadent dessert room, and the send off snacks and cookie on the way out the door!!

2016-05-22T08:44:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time!

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 gloria b

AHHH- MAZING! Thank you so much to Olivia and Sam for making sure our entire wedding planning from the time we booked the day of was stress free! Mary Jo was super helpful with all of our bridal party needs the day of too. Don't know what I would do with out the crew at RD.... Read More Thank you Ladies!

2016-05-22T08:43:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Running Deer! It was a pleasure working with you! Best wishes!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Kylie G

First of all, I was not the typical bride who wanted to see one venue and book right away. I made my husband come with me to 13 venues in south jersey! (He was less than thrilled). When we saw Running Deer we BOTH loved it!!! There was no doubt in both of our minds that was the... Read More place for us. Not only because the venue is beautiful and so different than most in SJ but because of the staff there too. Heather greeted us with champagne when we came in for our tour and was so knowledgeable. We had tons of questions and she answered them all right away! My husbands favorite part was actually the mens lounge. He loved that unlike all the other places we saw he and his groomsmen would have a place to hangout before the ceremony as well. They have a poker room, TV room and he played their xbox (or whatever it is lol) the whole time! The day of was PERFECT!!! Heather and Olivia made it so you honestly feel like you dont have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. Our wedding coordinator Krista was amazing too. She was with us from beginning to end of the wedding that day and whatever we needed she was there!! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE AT RUNNING DEER!!!!! xoxoxo

Reviewed on 11/28/2015 casey h

Running Deer Exceeded all of our expectations. My wife and I had the best day of our lives thanks to Running Deer Golf Club, Heather, Olivia, Mary Jo and their staff. The Food was AMAZING!!! My guests are still talking about it. Heather and Olivia made sure to get back to my... Read More 10000 emails of questions quickly and ensured all of my requests and vision came to fruition. May Jo was our wedding coordinator for the day of and was right by our side the entire time. I can't thank everyone enough for all they did to make sure our wedding was everything we always DREAMED OF!!! So much love for Running Deer!

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Susan B

I had both my ceremony and reception at Running Deer and everything was perfect! The food was delicious and the service was top notch! Heather and Olivia were so helpful leading up to my wedding, promptly answering any crazy questions I had. Mary Jo was an angel the day of! She... Read More always made sure we had something to eat and drink. She even helped sew my dress when my bustle broke after my first dance. Thank you to everyone at Running Deer for making my dream wedding a reality!

Long distance bride

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Lindsey J

Being engaged for 3 years and planning a long distance wedding is tough. You start to look for venues, vendors, etc much earlier than if you were getting married where you live. I was working much farther out than most brides and if I can remember correctly booked our venue 2... Read More 1/2 years before the wedding due to only being in NJ 3 times before our wedding. When searching for venues I had a marathon of a weekend looking at venues all over the South Jersey area. From the second we walked in to the venue we knew it was the one. We were greeted, toured around, were able to look through countless photos of previous weddings and were able to envision what ours would look like. Two things really stood out to me with this venue. I know that Heather and Olivia had many other brides that had weddings before me but they answered every single question, sometimes within minutes, I asked. They were there to offer food, florist, cake, church, and decor suggestions. Heather and Olivia were both amazing in helping me. The second was Mary Jo. Mary Jo was with us from the second we showed up at the venue and she was hands down OUTSTANDING! She got our bridal party settled in downstairs and directed Jeremy and I and our photographers to the best places to take pictures. Made sure we had everything we needed before the wedding. Then took us upstairs before everyone got in there to see the amazing work her and her team did putting together all of our touches. As well as was there for us to help us, calm us and walk us through every step of the night. Running Deer was a fantastic wedding venue- from the staff, to the delicious food, to their great preferred vendors. I fully recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Kaitlynn T

Our wedding was held here on October 24. It was absolutely amazing! Throughout the entire process Heather and Olivia were there to walk us through every step. They answered endless emails about tiny details and were so helpful. The day of coordinator, Krista was out of this... Read More world! She was right there for everything we could ever need. Our drinks and plates were never empty, neither were those of our parents. She made the entire day flawless. I spilled chocolate all over my dress towards the end of the night, and she was right there with club soda, scrubbing until it was clean! She went above and beyond to make our day perfect! I cannot say enough good things about her! Running Deer was also very accomadating with their food as I and several other guests of ours have Celiac's disease. We were also able to have fireworks here, which blew our guests away! I highly recommend this venue! Our wedding day was beyond anything we could have imagined!

Thank you to your Wedding Staff!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Charley T

Our wedding was perfect for my wife and I! They handled everything so professionally and you can really tell they care about everything we wanted for our special day! Heather, Olivia, Mary Jo and the whole staff- THANK YOU!!! xoxo

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

I can't express how grateful I am to The Running Deer Wedding Ladies and their staff. Heather and Olivia were so wonderful getting back to all of my questions and The wedding Coordinator made sure everything was carried out perfectly the day of my wedding! In my head I thought... Read More there was going to be a few things missed and I was ok with that but no, every little detail was executed perfectly! Running Deer, you made our dream wedding come true!!! Thank you so much! <3

Excellent Wedding Cocktail Hour & Reception

Reviewed on 7/31/2015

The food was abundant and fabulous, as was the service! Heather and Olivia were easy to work with, and Mary Jo made sure that the wait staff provided top notch service at the reception! I highly recommend Running Deer!