A Little Bit of Tuscany & Napa in Maryland!

Running Hare Vineyard is incomparable when it comes to an elegant and remarkable venue for your ceremony and reception. Imagine standing with your soon-to-be under our custom built Italian Pergola right in the heart of our grapevines at sunset. The Tuscan Villa rests on top of the hill with steps descending to a stone path and wooden archway leading to the alter. From there the path extends out to the stone gateway, where you can have your grand reveal. Our Tuscan Villa and Portico are perfect for your reception. The Villa can hold up to 250 guests, where inside you will find 5' tables with chiavari chairs arranged around the dance floor that lays directly below a shimmering grand chandelier. Guests can dine and dance inside or mingle outside for gorgeous views of our 261 acre vineyard.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

150 ADELINA RD, PRINCE FREDERICK, MD (410) 414-8486

Stunning Venue!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2014 Nicole T

This venue is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I fell in love with it the first time I did a wine tasting here (their wine is delicious!!). Barbara, the owner, is so sweet, very helpful and quickly responded to any questions I had. Their exclusive caterer, Maryland Country Caterers, were... Read More great as well...great food and excellent service. Everyone definitely went out of their way to make sure our day went perfect! A big thank you to Barbara and MCC!!

Running Hare Vineyard

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Kathleen A

We had a late October wedding with the ceremony in the vineyard and it was beautiful. Reception followed on the Tuscan Villa on the hill and provided all of our guests with stunning views throughout the evening.

Gorgeous Venue

Reviewed on 11/16/2013 yael s

This was the most picturesque place to get married that we looked at. It is a Tuscan style vineyard right in the heart of Prince Frederick, Maryland. We got lucky with a beautiful Fall day, nice and sunny and warm enough to have our wedding outdoors in the vineyard itself, but... Read More we chose this place because it still would have been beautiful even if the day wasn't so cooperative. Barbara, the owner, is very friendly and easy to work with, and she was very full of suggestions for other venues that has been tried and true. I cannot wait to go back there with my husband and celebrate other special occasions or just sip on some wine and enjoy the views.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Joleen

Running Hare Vineyard was the perfect place to hold a wedding. The views were stunning, the venue was beyond beautiful, and the reception hall was perfectly decorated for a wedding. Barb the owner was very professional to work with and I appreciated her personal touch of... Read More stopping by at the wedding and wishing me and my husband the best. The location was incredibly romantic and my family has said that they will be talking about this venue for a long time. I loved how we were able to get married amongst the vines and walk in the vineyard for pictures. It was a beautiful and unique location as many vineyards don’t allow you to walk in between the rows of vines. This is a wonderful location and I would recommend it to everyone.

Running Hare is Beautiful

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Rachel G

The venue provided a beautiful backdrop for a perfect day. Absolutely no problems - everything was perfect. Only thing that could have made it better would be if there was a place for bridal party to dress.

Beautiful Vineyard Wedding

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Michelle R

We had a wonderful time at Running Hare. Barb was very pleasant to work with during our tour, and was quick to respond to any questions we had a long the way. I was lucky to have had a friend from high school get married there previously, so I knew then ends and outs, so there... Read More weren't many surprises. Did end up being kind of expensive for the venue alone, but I wouldn't have changed anything. It was beautiful.

Amazing

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Deborah A

I loved the venue. they were great and beautiful place. My guest loved the free tasting before the ceremony and were amazed at this place existed in southern Maryland.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Steven D

Stunning setting!!! They go above and beyond to make sure your wedding is perfect. Barb (the owner) is so involved and passionate and KIM (tasting room manager) is SO sweet!!!! They rock!

beautiful spot!

Reviewed on 5/24/2013 Elise

Running Hare Vineyard is a gorgeous, tucked away spot. It made us feel like we were back in tuscany where we met. The weather was perfect on our day and everything came together so nicely! The only issues I would say would be the limitations the owner put on certain details. She... Read More doesn't allow the use of balloons, confetti, rice, or anything thrown on the property. She does not allow the use of candles indoors anymore, and overall seemed inflexible about certain issues. Concerning in/out time, you are allowed 5 hours total and starting at 5 we had to have all guests out by 10 and everything cleaned up by 11. And if not, we were charged a fee etc. She also gives you only two caterers to choose from. I can't say anything bad about the atmosphere because it is truly beautiful there however, the limitations that the owner has are a little uptight.

Stunning venue

Reviewed on 3/29/2013 April P

What struck me about the venue was it's simplistic beauty. (Okay, except the incredible chandelier...there is nothing simple about that impressive work of art!!) The vineyard itself is set on rolling hills, surrounded by lush foliage. Even in February (when we first visited) and... Read More March (the wedding month), I knew the location was the perfect backdrop for the biggest day of my life. My fiance loved that it seemed so secluded, despite being mere minutes from the center of Prince Frederick (very clsoe to hotels, stores, and restaurants...for those guests who don't want to have to drive too far). RHV is an absolutely stunning venue with an even more stunning proprietor. Barb was such a pleasure to work with in planning our big day. She went out of her way to schedule a meeting with us, as she knew we were driving in from 2 hours away. Barb is a prompt and efficient email communicator, and responds to voicemails almost as quickly. You must use one of two caterers pre-approved by Barb, and we went with Canard's Catering, owned by Lisa Kelly. Clearly Barb knows good business(wo)men when she meets them, because Lisa was the perfect coordinator and caterer for our day. Your guests will be planning their next visit to RHV before they elave. Guaranteed!

Incredible Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 3/14/2012 Brittany K

We LOVED having our wedding at Running Hare Vineyard. Barb is amazing to work with and while they have several strong guidelines in place to protect their venue, they will do everything they can to ensure that the day runs perfectly for their brides! The vineyard is... Read More breathtaking and the perfect place to get married. Barb answered every question I had (even the silly ones) quickly and seemed truly excited to celebrate our big daywith us. We HIGHLY reccomend Running Hare Vineyard for your own beautiful and unique wedding!

Amazing Location & Wine

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Meghan O

Running Hare Vineyard is a gorgeous place to have a wedding ceremony and reception. Barb S. was wonderful to work with and has great taste in vendors. Ask her about Heather Shea for day of planning. We used mostly all of her vendor suggestions. We were married in the fall and... Read More thankfully did not have rain so we were able to hold the ceremony outside which was gorgeous. We had shuttles taking guests from the ceremony to the reception even though it's not too far because it's hard to navigate in heels and a big hill to climb for elderly or disabled guests. The reception went perfectly. Dark red tablecloths look amazing in the space, especially since it's a vineyard. We had about 200 guests with a large dancing area and a full band which was a perfect fit. Any more than 21 tables in the space (with a band and dance floor) would be pretty tight. Everyone raved about the vineyard, ceremony sight, wine, (especially the wine) and reception hall. You can't go wrong with Running Hare!!!

beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Melody S

Everything @ Running Hare was perfect! Even though it rained the indoor ceremony was beautiful!

Spectacular

Reviewed on 9/10/2011 Francisca B

When I first saw this venue, I just knew this was where I had to get married. And after I met Barb and did the tour, I was committed. There was never a bad or imperfect place to take pictures...breathtaking views in every direction. Quiet, peaceful, definitely not your... Read More typical wedding cliche! I loved it and so did every single one of my guests! Thanks Barb!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Meredith L

We had our wedding at Running Hare Vineyard in June 2011 and it was simply fantastic! The owner/property manager, Barb was wonderful to work with. I look forward to returning there to enjoy their wine and beautiful scenery. My guests had a great time and many wonderful... Read More memories were made.

Gorgeous Scenery

Reviewed on 9/27/2010 Gemma S

We had our wedding @ Running Hare Vineyard (RHV) in Prince Frederick, MD. It's amazing that this place exists in Southern Maryland. Back when we were originally deciding where to have our wedding ceremony/reception we looked at RHV, but they did not have an events building so we... Read More moved on. A few months later (still with no venue) I got an email from them that included plans for a building. I immediately set up an appointment and we booked it that day. The views from the building are gorgeous, it looks like a small piece of Tuscany/Napa was plucked out and put right there. Barb, the owner/events coordinator, was so friendly and helpful through the whole process. I would recommend getting married here.

Meet The Director of Sales

Maura Dalsey

In April of 2017, I joined the Running Hare Vineyard team. I came across an ad for the open position of Wedding and Corporate Sales Associate for the Vineyard and immediately fell in love. I had experience with managing and event coordinating at a locally owned restaurant and the idea of taking that experience to a new and higher level thrilled me. Prior to that experience, I completed my Bachelor's Degree at Salisbury University with a dual-degree in English and Media Production. I am very enthusiastic about working with people and I love animals, being outdoors and, of course, wine. :)