Salem Cross Inn

West Brookfield, MA

Book Your Wedding with Salem Cross Inn

A BACKYARD IN WEST BROOKFIELD, MA

The Banquet Halls. This airy and elegant space features wide plank floors, a charming general store and a cozy stone fireplace. Strung with twinkling lights and illuminated by candlelit table decorations, the Banquet Hall is a romantic setting for your seated reception.

The Barn. This historic structure features soaring ceilings, exposed beams and plenty of open spaces for flexible seating arrangements and dancing.

The Wedding Garden and Lawn. Beautifully tended flowering shrubs and cultivated blooms surround the outdoor ceremony space. Anchored by a charming white gazebo perfect for saying "I do," the garden has lovely views of the surrounding hills. There's also a romantic vine-covered arbor for wedding photos. The adjacent lawn can be set for a casual cocktail reception area.

Salem Cross Inn has professional wedding coordinators to guide you every step of the way as you plan your special day. Crisp white napkins and table linens, twinkling candles and a separate space for your cocktail hour are included in every wedding package. A private bride's room is also available for the bride and her attendants. Your wedding coordinator will recommend outdoor wedding professionals for all of your services, including flowers, entertainment and photography.

Although there are menu packages available, the chefs at Salem Cross Inn take special pride in creating custom menus that reflect your individual style. Using seasonal produce from the kitchen garden and locally sourced ingredients, the chef prepares every menu item from scratch for the ultimate farm-to-table culinary experience. Even the gorgeous wedding cakes are prepared on site by the inn's pastry chef.

A nonrefundable deposit is required to hold your date and your final bill must be paid with cash or certified funds seven days before the event. Menu selection and final pricing is arranged one month in advance. All food, beverages and alcohol must be provided by Salem Cross Inn and no food or alcohol may be brought in or taken away from the premises. There is a 150-guest minimum for Saturday evening events.

Having your wedding in a nationally listed historic venue is a once-in-a-lifetime experience; make it even more unique with these extra perks:

• Horse-drawn carriage ride through the New England countryside
  • Fireside feast reception in the banquet hall

Picturesque New England countryside at its best!

Charming 1700's farmhouse & post and beam barn on 600 acres of New England countryside. Food prepared with the freshest available local ingredients. Customized menus & cakes available, ceremonies, horsedrawn carriage rides, complimentary wedding consulting. Perfect place for a destination wedding.

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

260 West Main Street, West Brookfield, MA (508) 867-2345

A perfect fall New England wedding

Reviewed on 9/27/2014

I had my perfect wedding at the Salem Cross Inn. I visited multiple potential venues, but when I arrived at the Salem CRoss Inn, I envisioned my big day taking place there. I was guided along the way by Nancy and Donna, who were extremely helpful and guided me in the right... Read More direction while allowing my personal style to come through at the wedding. When my big day arrived, Martha was the perfect officiant to make sure the day ran smoothly. Guests couldn't stop raving about the atmosphere and the food. I was even told that my wedding at the Salem Cross Inn was the best one they've attended yet!! I whole heartedly recommend the Salem Cross Inn to anyone who is looking for a beautiful venue with charm and character !!!

Beyond my expectations...

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Carissa K

Happy new Mrs. here! The Salem Cross Inn absolutely exceeded our expectations. We wanted a simple, crafty, personal, yet classy ceremony and reception and we got that and more. The staff - Donna, Nancy, the wait staff, everyone was amazing to us. We didn't want the typical... Read More stuffed chicken or steak dinner, so they created a personalized menu for us - Pot Pie & Pot Roast! Our guests loved the food, the atmosphere, everything! The staff at Salem Cross even helped us find our JOP and had suggestions for other vendors as well. We truly had a day that we will NEVER EVER forget. I will admit, I thought for sure there would be some regrets in planning that one special day, and leaving so much up to ‘things hopefully go smoothly’, but I can’t say I do. We have heard so much positive feedback from our family and friends who all agreed that it was truly a wedding like no other, and by far the most beautiful venue any of them have ever seen :) 

Salem Cross Inn - the perfect setting!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

The Salem Cross Inn provided the perfect setting for our August wedding - romantic, casual and classy. The lawn was beautifully manicured and adorned with seasonal flowers that provided a gorgeous backdrop for our outdoor ceremony. The hayrides during cocktail hour were a fun... Read More surprise for our guests and gave everyone an opportunity to see the property from a different perspective. The barn, where we had our reception, was comfortable and air conditioned, as was the bridal suite upstairs, where our bridal party prepped and dressed before the wedding. The Roasted Prime Rib was cooked to perfection and the rest of the meal complemented it nicely. Since we chose not to serve wedding cake, Nancy, our wedding coordinator at Salem Cross Inn, suggested an alternative that was a huge hit with our guests and one of my favorite moments of the day - my husband and I served apple pie to our guests from a table on the dance floor. As they came up to get their dessert, we added a dollop of homemade whipped cream to each person's plate. It gave us an opportunity to greet everyone personally, and it was so much fun! Many of our guests have commented since on how much they enjoyed the entire day, but in particular, the dessert table festivities. Throughout the year of planning our wedding, Nancy and her staff were available when we needed to meet, responsive when we had questions and saw to every last detail, making sure we would enjoy a worry-free wedding day. Their professionalism shone through in every aspect - from early planning to execution. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice of venue. We highly recommend the Salem Cross Inn!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Michele M

Salem Cross was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding! We were made to feel welcome and throughout the planning stage you were always so helpful (Donna and Nancy). It felt as if my daughter's big day was as important to you as it was for us and that you would do... Read More everything possible to meet any requirements.. Salem Cross is such a beautiful place, and the service and food on the day could not have been better. Thank you to Barry Mongeon for creating such beautiful flower arrangements. We had a fantastic day and Salem Cross and everyone there will always have a special place in our memories. Thank you Barry, Donna, Martha and Nancy and the rest of the staff.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Lainey C

First off, Donna and Nancy were beyond wonderful to work with. Their expertise and knowledge put me at ease and they answered all questions quickly. They provided a list of local vendors to team up with and made it that much easier as someone planning out of state. On top of a... Read More beautiful location, the food was so incredible!! Our wedding cake was delicious and I am already looking forward to that piece a year from now. The waitstaff were great as well. Such a picturesque place, I can't recommend Salem Cross Inn enough for anyone looking to plan their big day. The perfect rustic, outdoor/barn venue.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Tammi M

Our daughter was married at Salem Cross Inn on September 8, 2017. If I could give a higher rating I would. From the beginning of planning a year ago to the day of the wedding they made everything easy. Nancy and Donna are the best!!! They calmed nerves and made our... Read More daughter's dream wedding a reality. The food was amazing. The entire staff extremely helpful. Everyone had a fantastic time. Many thanks to Nancy, Donna and the entire crew at Salem Cross Inn - you do make dreams come true!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 John D

Friday, August 2017 wedding. 122 Happy guests. Now, 2 days after the wedding as the bride’s parents, we could not be happier. The venue and staff were amazing. We dealt mostly with Donna on wedding planning, Her listening to our requests and prep were spot on. We went with... Read More their recommendations from their vendor list for DJ, photography, and busing. Also, we used their recommended wedding coordinator, Paula, who was another gem. She assisted in the marriage license process and rehearsal, among other things. Now for the staff and venue: We were on the verge of rain, the forecast called for rain all day. It turned out to be a light drizzle and a few drops were happening on and off during the ceremony, but we were able to hold the wedding outside, per the bride’s wishes. (Just in case we needed to be inside, the staff graciously set up both places for us -the tavern room for an inside wedding and the outside gazebo area. We greatly appreciated this incredible effort!) Cocktail hour was definitely going to be inside due to the weather. Again they left the final decision to the bride. Once the wedding ceremony was complete, the Tavern room was ready for cocktail hour. Again, we were grateful for the staff’s support and patience on this. The tavern room was awesome, a beautiful space to start the celebration. The staff and venue were also very accommodating with our prior setup needs - storing table decor and beautiful flowers arrangements made by a family member. The reception barn was beautiful! We were able to customize all the décor, arrange tables with pictures and wedding chalkboard art. The food was wonderful. The filet mignon dinner and chicken dinner were cooked to perfection. All we heard from our guests was how delicious everything was. The cupcakes for dessert rocked. The dance floor was good and the DJ’s had us dancing all night long. Now for the drinks and bar set up. 2 bar tenders were on all night. They provided great service. The speciality drink of choice by most was the Huckleberry Lemonade. Sooooo Good. Thought the price for open bar was very fair. Also the we had the rehearsal dinner at the venue. They customized the menu, gave the 20+ guests a private room. We went a light summer buffet - fruit salad, garden salad, chicken and roastbeef wraps and cookies. Very fresh and all good. Portions were more than enough. Wait staff did an excellent job keeping up with drink orders too. We now look back at the whole weekend and really would not have a changed a thing. We want to express our gratitude for making this a special day for the bride and groom and our families. The beautiful well maintained grounds and inside rustic barn venue, as well as, the service was nothing short of amazing. John and Jill D.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Caleigh R

We first heard about the Salem Cross Inn from my then future mother-in-law, and we happened to pass by it while driving a few days later. We saw the chairs lined up for a wedding that must have been the night before, and seeing everything set up totally sold us! I fell in love... Read More with the picturesque property on the spot, and when we met Donna and Nancy, we felt even more confident! We bonded immediately over our shared love of JFK, and they are absolute pros, with a world of expertise about all the little details that made every aspect of our wedding run smoothly! They checked in with us periodically to finalize details, and they were so patient and gracious when my mum and I would stop in occasionally to ask questions and get clarification on different things! Their knowledge and input was invaluable, the ceremony and reception ran like a dream, and the food was incredible! They took care of lovely little details, from seating the parents with optimal views during the reception, to going over all the little reception accessories we brought so they'd be in the perfect spot, to sending the passed hors d'oevres to the bridal party while we were taking photos, to making sure the little frames at the cocktail tables were moved in and displayed around the barn for the reception! I just found out that they saved the top layer of our cake for us to enjoy on our first anniversary! We were so happy with our experience at the Salem Cross Inn, and we've heard all kinds of rave reviews from all of our guests about the excellent pacing of the event, the great service, and the delicious food! Would definitely recommend to other couples again and again!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Cindy B

I had the most amazing experience having my daughters bridal shower at Salem Cross. The venue speaks for itself, so beautiful, the food was delicious, and Nancy and Donna couldn't have been more accommodating. They went above and beyond to make sure all our requests were met!!... Read More It is the perfect venue for whatever event you are planning. Just sit back and know your day will be perfect.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Jessika L

The perfect wedding venue! Not only is it beautiful inside and out but from the moment we began planning all the way until after we said I do, Nancy and Donna were both extremely sweet and helpful. They made our whole day so much less stressful than we imagined it would be and... Read More we couldn't be more thankful! The food was delicious too! Our family has been raving about it ever since our wedding day. I would highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for a beautiful rustic venue that is fairly priced!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Kelly B

My husband and I just got married at the Salem Cross Inn in July. Everything was perfect! The venue and scenery were beautiful and rustic just like what we were looking for. This venue is also very reasonably priced. We had around 160 people attend and there was plenty of... Read More room for dancing and socializing. Planning the wedding and everything the day of the wedding went so smoothly that I was actually very calm and not at all stressed which was definitely due to all the help Nancy, Donna, and everyone at the Inn gave us. The food and service could not have been better and we are so happy with how our day came out. Everyone had such a great time! We would definitely recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Lori B

This venue is absolutely beautiful, from the rustic barn to the gazebo and scenic grounds. The food has been consistently delicious for the past 5 years of events here. The professional, yet personal kindness and caring displayed by our wedding coordinator Donna was priceless.... Read More Affordable quality service deserves 5 stars and then some!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Ashley B

This place was my perfect venue. Not only did it have the picturesque rustic setting I loved, but the colonial look and feel made my husband happy--as his family is made up of Revolutionary War Reenactors. The setting is perfect, the staff is great, and the FOOD! Oh. My.... Read More Goodness. I am a food blogger and cook book author, so I knew the food would be expected to be better than most at my wedding, and I must say it was exceptional. The prime rib was perfect (au jus available upon request), and the chicken roulade I'm told was just as good. The potatoes blew everyone away and the veggies were fresh and delicious. My guests even had good things to say about the bread rolls! We have only the most minor of criticisms and nothing worth losing a star. Some of the costs surprised us (cake cutting fee was a bit higher than we were quoted, and we opted not to do water in the outdoor venue because of a $2/person estimated cost, and decided to have our cocktail hour inside to avoid a $250 bar fee to have drinks outside), but overall the staff was helpful and detailed with the process. The day of the event, despite being told we wouldn't have anyone from the Inn to help us, a host was actually on site and extremely helpful in making sure everything went smoothly. I would say so long as you make sure all the costs are on the table early, and you confirm exactly what help will be offered the day off, you'll be great! Our day was perfect and we will return to Salem Cross for dinner and to relive our memories the next time we're in the area!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Rebecca D

The Salem Cross Inn was a magical wedding venue. The sweeping views, gorgeous gardens, historic buildings, and beautiful gazebo made for the most perfect ceremony. We chose to have our reception in the barn which was a huge selling point for us because of its rustic yet very... Read More romantic charm. The twinkle lights strung throughout the barn, all the antique detail, and the cozy loft, made for the wedding I had always dreamt of. The food was perfect as well. It was homemade and fresh with the steak being some of the best we'd ever had. We also had our rehearsal dinner at Salem's restaurant. We really loved the ambiance of the Peregrine room and the food was delicious as usual. The Salem Cross Inn is such a special place and we couldn't be happier to have chosen it for our special day.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017

We got married on June 3, 2017 at Salem Cross Inn, first right from the beginning they were so accommodating We were looking for a quaint place to have our second wedding for a smaller group. Grounds were beautiful and we had a wonderful day. Being able to have service on... Read More grounds was a blessing. All guest raved about whole day and meals were great. Our guest are still talking about how beautiful the dining room was set and how fantastic the meal was. Salem Cross is the perfect place for your special day. We can't say enough about the staff that took care of us on our special day. You guys made our day so enjoyable and stress free. Thank you again.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Jacqueline S

My husband and I recently got married Saturday on June 10, 2017. The venue is absolutely stunning! The view from the gazebo and cocktail hour was insanely gorgeous. The guest all had an incredible time they could not believe how stunning the venue was and how delicious the food... Read More was! Everyone is still raving about how much fun they had and what an incredible scenery it was. Most people do not care for wedding food but this was absolutely mouth watering. We can not wait to go back for the delicious fire roast feast and one day bring our future children. Donna and Nancy made everything so easy it was like having a wedding planner! The staff were so kind and very efficient. We are so happy and pleased and truly enjoyed every minute of our amazing day!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Erin D

Could not be happier we chose Salem Cross Inn as the venue to have our wedding! We planned our wedding in approx 3 months and with the help of Nancy and Donna everything was smooth sailing! The natural rustic decor of the barn is so charming and will not disappoint. All our... Read More guests are also still talking about how wonderful the food and cake was! I would definitely recommend Salem Cross Inn to anyone looking for a beautiful rustic wedding :)

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Michelle L

My husband and I could not be happier with our gorgeous rustic wedding at the Salem Cross Inn. We booked a visit to tour this venue and were sold almost immediately. Nancy and Donna were extremely accommodating from the start--even allowing us a few extra days to hold the... Read More possible wedding date. The setting for our outdoor ceremony with the gazebo overlooking the farmland was beautiful. Even with the threat of rain, it ultimately our decision for an outdoor ceremony which Nancy and Donna were flexible about and even set up the indoor ceremony as well in case of a last minute downpour. The staff are friendly and patient, the food was DELICIOUS (including cupcakes- we were able to taste every flavor at our complimentary tasting!) and great bar service. The reception area does not need additional decoration as it is beautiful on its own with white string-lights, wooden tables with white linens, and high ceilings. Nancy and Donna are prompt in responding to any questions before, during and after the wedding (often reachable by phone and definitely by email). They genuinely want you to have your dream wedding and enjoy being hosts. We highly recommend the Salem Cross Inn-- we will definitely be back for a visit!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Vanessa T

My husband and I had an amazing, perfect wedding day at the Salem Cross Inn in October of 2016! We had 175 guests in the barn on a Saturday evening, and all of them raved about the picturesque grounds, uniquely antique New England decor, and the delicious food. It was so cool to... Read More be able to have our ceremony outside, followed by cocktail hour in the downstairs tavern, then dinner and dancing in the barn. Such a nice flow through a beautiful venue! We really appreciated Nancy and Donna's flexibility with our selection of vendors, letting us bring in our own photographer and DJ. I would highly, highly recommend working with Barry (for flowers/decor, he is amazing!) and Paula (for officiating, even though we had my husband's father officiate the actual ceremony, Paula was immensely helpful in running us through what the procession would entail and how it would be organized in advance, getting us our marriage license, and acting as a ceremony coordinator the day of so everything ran smoothly). We didn't have a wedding planner, and didn't need one -- Salem Cross made it easy to do on our own! For a truly unique, authentic, rustically elegant wedding, I HIGHLY recommend the Salem Cross Inn and we are so, so happy and grateful to them for making our day absolutely magical and completely stress-free!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Charlene C

Absolutely a dream wedding come true. I could not have asked for a more amazing day. From the moment we booked our day Nancy Donna and the gang were right there to answer queztions and lend a hand. The vendors they reccomend are top notch. We used Paula Roberts Sr justice of the... Read More peace and she truly was amazing we then used a recommended florist from the Salem Cross Inn Barre he knew exactly what I wanted to keep everything with The Rustic theme wedding that we wanted to have. Not one person was unable to help This place is above and beyond what you would ever expect or dream not to mention the Fantastic food. The staff were constantly asking if there was anything they could do or to get us Top Notch place with top-notch service. Barry what's the florist we decided to use and my flowers were stunning. I know when you get married you tend to think everything is great and usually it is in this case it was above and beyond amazing. I cannot say enough about this place if you are even considering booking you better do it fast before someone else takes your spot. I can promise you will not be sorry

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Katherine P

We had our perfectly rustic wedding at this venue on 11/4/16. After much research on my part this ended up being the first and only venue we toured. This family buisness was wonderful to have had host our special day. The food was delicious, hot, filling, and perfectly prepared.... Read More Our guests loved the fire place lounge for our cocktail hour, which follwed our outdoor ceremony. Although the day of there were many little things I was asked to finish or do as I was trying to have my hair and makeup done everything else was worth it. The day after our wedding, we came back to pick up our decorations and the staff had almost all of our things in one location and ready to roll. I appreciated that greatly amongst the exhaustion.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Jessica O

I was at all times treated with respect and my wishes were honored. The owner and the woman who helps her with wedding planning met with me personally and were responsive to my questions and requests. They pointed me to a great package deal for our wedding and directed me to... Read More the best room venue for the number of guests I'd have. They provided me with a list of vendors they recommend and this made it so much less stressful to select a photographer and florist and limousine driver. On our wedding day, they welcomed us and brought us to a room where we could have pictures taken. The outside grounds were beautiful -- one of the top reasons we chose this restaurant for the reception -- and made for fantastic photos even though it was a rainy, windy day. The waitstaff were friendly yet professional. The bartender was very efficient. The food was delicious. I recommend this restaurant unreservedly. They even provide a space to have the wedding ceremony if you'd like.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Ashley E

Nancy, Donna, and the entire Salem Cross Inn team were fantastic! We held our wedding on Oct. 7 at the Salem Cross Inn, and it couldn't have been more perfect. We married outside in front of the gazebo, held cocktail hour outside, and held our reception in the barn. The chairs... Read More for the wedding ceremony were setup hours in advance, which was great because we were able to get out there and decorate early. The barn was also setup early, which made putting out centerpieces and all of the extra decor very easy. We used the bridal suite for hair and make-up - we ate lunch, had mimosas - it was fantastic! Donna and Nancy were always checking in and giving updates, which was much appreciated. The reception went perfectly - the food came out on time and was piping hot! No cold chicken or prime rib for anyone. All the guests commented on the delicious food and how full they were by the end of it. They were there to help us with the cake cutting, the bridal party introductions, seating the guests, everything! Most importantly, Nancy and Donna helped us throughout the entire planning process. I had at least 3 in person meetings with them, and countless e-mail and phone conversations. They were very helpful and accommodating to the special touches we wanted to add to our wedding. They offered suggestions to help make the reception go smoothly, which was great. They also let us store all of our decorations upstairs before the wedding, and we were able to pick them up the next morning. All of our guests kept commenting on how much they loved the venue and loved the food. The location was perfect for photos, and was the picture-perfect New England setting that we were going for. I would recommend the Salem Cross Inn to anyone. It was a gorgeous venue, fantastic food, helpful staff, and so much more. I can't say enough about the Salem Cross Inn, and wish I could do it all over again. I absolutely love

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Crystal C

Salem Cross Inn was an amazing venue! Nancy and Donna were great to work with, very helpful and answered every question I had. The food was spectacular and the staff was very efficient . Martha was our day of venue coordinator and she was great. She kept things moving and... Read More assisted with all of the smaller details. If you're looking for charm and rustic, this is the perfect venue for you.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Heather D

Anthony and I had such an amazing time at Salem Cross Inn. Our guests was raving about how beautiful and charming the place was. The food was also fantastic! I highly recommend this place to other couples out there looking for a venue!