Salem Cross Inn

West Brookfield, MA

Book Your Wedding with Salem Cross Inn

A BACKYARD IN WEST BROOKFIELD, MA

The Banquet Halls. This airy and elegant space features wide plank floors, a charming general store and a cozy stone fireplace. Strung with twinkling lights and illuminated by candlelit table decorations, the Banquet Hall is a romantic setting for your seated reception.

The Barn. This historic structure features soaring ceilings, exposed beams and plenty of open spaces for flexible seating arrangements and dancing.

The Wedding Garden and Lawn. Beautifully tended flowering shrubs and cultivated blooms surround the outdoor ceremony space. Anchored by a charming white gazebo perfect for saying "I do," the garden has lovely views of the surrounding hills. There's also a romantic vine-covered arbor for wedding photos. The adjacent lawn can be set for a casual cocktail reception area.

Salem Cross Inn has professional wedding coordinators to guide you every step of the way as you plan your special day. Crisp white napkins and table linens, twinkling candles and a separate space for your cocktail hour are included in every wedding package. A private bride's room is also available for the bride and her attendants. Your wedding coordinator will recommend outdoor wedding professionals for all of your services, including flowers, entertainment and photography.

Although there are menu packages available, the chefs at Salem Cross Inn take special pride in creating custom menus that reflect your individual style. Using seasonal produce from the kitchen garden and locally sourced ingredients, the chef prepares every menu item from scratch for the ultimate farm-to-table culinary experience. Even the gorgeous wedding cakes are prepared on site by the inn's pastry chef.

A nonrefundable deposit is required to hold your date and your final bill must be paid with cash or certified funds seven days before the event. Menu selection and final pricing is arranged one month in advance. All food, beverages and alcohol must be provided by Salem Cross Inn and no food or alcohol may be brought in or taken away from the premises. There is a 150-guest minimum for Saturday evening events.

Having your wedding in a nationally listed historic venue is a once-in-a-lifetime experience; make it even more unique with these extra perks:

• Horse-drawn carriage ride through the New England countryside
  • Fireside feast reception in the banquet hall

Picturesque New England countryside at its best!

Charming 1700's farmhouse & post and beam barn on 600 acres of New England countryside. Food prepared with the freshest available local ingredients. Customized menus & cakes available, ceremonies, horsedrawn carriage rides, complimentary wedding consulting. Perfect place for a destination wedding.

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

260 West Main Street, West Brookfield, MA (508) 867-2345

A perfect fall New England wedding

Reviewed on 9/27/2014

I had my perfect wedding at the Salem Cross Inn. I visited multiple potential venues, but when I arrived at the Salem CRoss Inn, I envisioned my big day taking place there. I was guided along the way by Nancy and Donna, who were extremely helpful and guided me in the right... Read More direction while allowing my personal style to come through at the wedding. When my big day arrived, Martha was the perfect officiant to make sure the day ran smoothly. Guests couldn't stop raving about the atmosphere and the food. I was even told that my wedding at the Salem Cross Inn was the best one they've attended yet!! I whole heartedly recommend the Salem Cross Inn to anyone who is looking for a beautiful venue with charm and character !!!

Beyond my expectations...

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Carissa K

Happy new Mrs. here! The Salem Cross Inn absolutely exceeded our expectations. We wanted a simple, crafty, personal, yet classy ceremony and reception and we got that and more. The staff - Donna, Nancy, the wait staff, everyone was amazing to us. We didn't want the typical... Read More stuffed chicken or steak dinner, so they created a personalized menu for us - Pot Pie & Pot Roast! Our guests loved the food, the atmosphere, everything! The staff at Salem Cross even helped us find our JOP and had suggestions for other vendors as well. We truly had a day that we will NEVER EVER forget. I will admit, I thought for sure there would be some regrets in planning that one special day, and leaving so much up to ‘things hopefully go smoothly’, but I can’t say I do. We have heard so much positive feedback from our family and friends who all agreed that it was truly a wedding like no other, and by far the most beautiful venue any of them have ever seen :) 

Salem Cross Inn - the perfect setting!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

The Salem Cross Inn provided the perfect setting for our August wedding - romantic, casual and classy. The lawn was beautifully manicured and adorned with seasonal flowers that provided a gorgeous backdrop for our outdoor ceremony. The hayrides during cocktail hour were a fun... Read More surprise for our guests and gave everyone an opportunity to see the property from a different perspective. The barn, where we had our reception, was comfortable and air conditioned, as was the bridal suite upstairs, where our bridal party prepped and dressed before the wedding. The Roasted Prime Rib was cooked to perfection and the rest of the meal complemented it nicely. Since we chose not to serve wedding cake, Nancy, our wedding coordinator at Salem Cross Inn, suggested an alternative that was a huge hit with our guests and one of my favorite moments of the day - my husband and I served apple pie to our guests from a table on the dance floor. As they came up to get their dessert, we added a dollop of homemade whipped cream to each person's plate. It gave us an opportunity to greet everyone personally, and it was so much fun! Many of our guests have commented since on how much they enjoyed the entire day, but in particular, the dessert table festivities. Throughout the year of planning our wedding, Nancy and her staff were available when we needed to meet, responsive when we had questions and saw to every last detail, making sure we would enjoy a worry-free wedding day. Their professionalism shone through in every aspect - from early planning to execution. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice of venue. We highly recommend the Salem Cross Inn!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Nancy R

I can't say enough about how wonderful Salem Cross Inn is for a wedding! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. We were married at the end of September, the beauty of the landscape made our photos phenomenal! The homemade food was delicious, our guests are still raving about... Read More their meals! The rustic charm of the Inn is exactly what my husband and I were looking for when planning both the ceremony and reception. Also, Nancy and Donna are so friendly, helpful and flexible, they made the planning of our special day, very stress free! I highly recommend Salem Cross Inn and we will be returning every anniversary!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Nancy R

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Jillian B

We had a “dream come true” wedding at Salem Cross Inn with the help of Nancy and Donna. They were highly professional but I could tell they cared deeply about our happiness and they were invested in our day. We had asked if we could come in early as I had done a lot of DIY decor... Read More and they were very accommodating. We also requested a naked cake and chose to add berries and they made this happen for us. The venue speaks for itself. It has a colonial, barn-style, farm feel and everything is kept in pristine condition and so clean! The bridal suite was perfect and comfortable and my girls and I really enjoyed getting ready here. The food is outstanding! We upgraded to the prime rib for one of our options and we have heard rave reviews. Start to finish, I cannot say enough about our experience here. There was a chance of rain on our day which could make any bride very testy and they were so kind and supportive throughout. Thank you Nancy and Donna! Nick and I wouldn’t change a thing.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Whitney P

It only took one visit for Salem Cross Inn to become my dream wedding venue! Me and my wife were married early October of this year. Most of our wedding guests commented that it was the most fun wedding they had been to! The ceremony was beautiful, outside at the gazebo, and the... Read More landscape and garden made for beautiful photos. The food and cake were amazing, and we had so much fun serving the delicious apple pie to our guests! We couldn’t have asked for better hosts than Nancy and Donna, who granted all of our requests along the way, and who made the wedding weekend run smoothly. We highly recommend Salem Cross Inn for your ceremony and reception!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Sarah B

Wow! I had my dream wedding here at the Salem Cross Inn. I cannot even express how happy my husband and I are with the Salem Cross Inn. From our first visit at the venue to our wedding day everything has been perfect, easy, and fun. First of all the venue is absolutely... Read More breathtaking, from the rolling hills and beautiful tree line to the rustic historical barn, everything you could ever want is here. The Salem Cross Inn is always very well kept and keeps the history of this property alive, and you can really see how much the staff truly love this venue. Second, Donna and Nancy are absolutely the best people in the world, they know EVERYTHING about weddings. They are always available to answer any questions you have and are happy to answer them and help, trust me I called them many many times and every single time I spoke with them I got a clear answer and a smile on my face. Nancy and Donna will do everything in their power to make sure your day is perfect and just how you want it, they are very open to ideas and will always accommodate if able. They give you clear guidelines on how to do certain things which really helps take some stress away from planning. The great thing is that on many of my other venue tours I just felt like "another bride", here at the Salem Cross Inn I really felt like Donna and Nancy cared about my wedding even though they had hundreds of other weddings going on. They also are very very prepared, during my reception my bustle got torn and guess who came to my rescue and spent the time safety pinning my dress back up?? Yep, it was Donna and Nancy. I can't say enough about these women and how they helped make my perfect wedding come true. Third is THE FOOD!! The food is to die for, if good food is something you are worried about, because trust me I have been to many weddings where the food is not good at all, then trust me when I tell you that you have no worries about food here at the Salem Cross Inn. We had the maple jack chicken and fireplace roasted prime rib, and oh my it was amazing. I am still to this day almost 1 month later getting compliments from my guests about how it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. And its not just those entrees, all of the food and appetizers are amazing trust me you can't go wrong. The Salem Cross Inn also gives you a preferred vendor list and they put these people on the list because they are great. We had Barry as our florist and we loved loved loved him. He goes above and beyond, I don't know what I would have done without Barry. The floral arrangements were breathtaking, he knew exactly where to put my decorations, and he made the whole experience so relaxing. He is a must need on this preferred vendors list trust me, you will not be sorry!! We also used Paula Roberts as our officiant and she was wonderful. She really takes the time to meet you and gets to know exactly what you want, she rehearses with you multiple times and really makes sure everything is perfect. She also gets to the venue early to make sure you are doing okay and everyone has everything they need. My wedding at the Salem Cross Inn was literally the best day of my life. I would not change one thing at all. The say that only the bride will notice the small details that are out of place, but I can honestly say that there were no small details because everything was perfect. Thank you so much to everyone at the Salem Cross Inn for the most wonderful experience and wedding.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Stephanie O

We had the most perfect wedding at Salem Cross Inn on September 8, 2017. From the moment we got engaged, we knew we wanted a barn wedding, and Salem Cross was the one and only venue we looked at. From the very beginning Nancy and Donna had taken care of every detail for us,... Read More working with us every step of the way. The day of rehearsal, they were there to make sure the room would be set up the next day we way I had always envisioned it, with a glass on wine for me in hand to calm my nerves, Our wedding day went off without a hitch and I would recommend this venue to anyone to have their dream wedding come true.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Nicki F

Our Wedding at Salem Cross Inn was beautiful! My husband and I went to one of their holiday feasts and instantly fell in love with this venue! The Venue (inside and out) is beautifully picturesque. Nancy and Donna were very attentive and accommodating. The wedding package... Read More offered is the best around and the food was great! We also had a wonderful rehearsal dinner. I highly recommend this as wedding venue and for all events.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Larry D

This was the most outstanding venue to have our wedding and reception, their coordinators were so helpful and patient, the venue is beautiful and the food, to die for, thank you so much Salem Cross Inn! By the way, many attendees told us this was the most beautiful wedding they... Read More had ever been to.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Leah D

My husband and I were married at Salem Cross Inn on October 29th of last year. The rustic charm of the venue is authentic and beautiful. We had such an amazing experience working with Nancy. Donna, and the rest of the staff from beginning to end. We always felt that we were... Read More important and that they wanted our day to be very special. They were always available to answer questions, and also give suggestions to make sure the day ran smoothly. They truly have weddings down to a science and everything was perfect due to their knowledge and experience of what flows the best. We felt that they were very accommodating, allowing us a week beforehand to independently walk the building and grounds with our minister to work out some final details. They also were flexible with the time of our night wedding ceremony due to it getting darker in October.. we didn't to get married out in the dark. The food at Salem Cross Inn is delicious, superior to any wedding food that I have ever had. We had the chicken ritchie and the prime rib with seconds. The guests really enjoyed watching the meat cook over the open fire during cocktail hour, it added to the rustic charm of our wedding. There were even some menu items that I wanted to change, and they were right there to create a custom menu to meet our needs. We wanted to do an Irish Coffee after dinner with some cookies, and they had never done it before, but were quick to say 'we can do that'. We were impressed with how fair the pricing was for the whole event, but specifically the open bar. We were charged an estimate of what each person would consume through the night, and within the week after the wedding, my parents were sent a check back for the remaining amount from the bar tab that we did not use. Money was not exchanged on the day of the event either way. They said they did not want us to worry about it during such a special time. Overall, I cannot stress enough how their professionalism and courtesy sticks with us still as we reminisce about our wedding day. We were so happy with how it all turned out. So many of our 175 guests still tell us to this day that it was the best wedding that they ever attended. Salem Cross Inn now has such a special place in our hearts and we enjoy returning frequently for lunch throughout the year, and dining events such as the Deck the Halls (wreath making) at Christmas and the Fireplace Feast during the winter. We are excited to celebrate our first anniversary at Salem Cross at the end of the month!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Erica D

The customer service at Salem Cross Inn was perfect for my wedding day. I couldn’t have picked a better venue. Donna, Nancy, Martha and the rest of the staff you made our special day more perfect then we could of imagined. All of our guests loved the food and thought the barn... Read More and gazebo were such a perfect venue.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Michele M

Salem Cross was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding! We were made to feel welcome and throughout the planning stage you were always so helpful (Donna and Nancy). It felt as if my daughter's big day was as important to you as it was for us and that you would do... Read More everything possible to meet any requirements.. Salem Cross is such a beautiful place, and the service and food on the day could not have been better. Thank you to Barry Mongeon for creating such beautiful flower arrangements. We had a fantastic day and Salem Cross and everyone there will always have a special place in our memories. Thank you Barry, Donna, Martha and Nancy and the rest of the staff.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Lainey C

First off, Donna and Nancy were beyond wonderful to work with. Their expertise and knowledge put me at ease and they answered all questions quickly. They provided a list of local vendors to team up with and made it that much easier as someone planning out of state. On top of a... Read More beautiful location, the food was so incredible!! Our wedding cake was delicious and I am already looking forward to that piece a year from now. The waitstaff were great as well. Such a picturesque place, I can't recommend Salem Cross Inn enough for anyone looking to plan their big day. The perfect rustic, outdoor/barn venue.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Tammi M

Our daughter was married at Salem Cross Inn on September 8, 2017. If I could give a higher rating I would. From the beginning of planning a year ago to the day of the wedding they made everything easy. Nancy and Donna are the best!!! They calmed nerves and made our... Read More daughter's dream wedding a reality. The food was amazing. The entire staff extremely helpful. Everyone had a fantastic time. Many thanks to Nancy, Donna and the entire crew at Salem Cross Inn - you do make dreams come true!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 John D

Friday, August 2017 wedding. 122 Happy guests. Now, 2 days after the wedding as the bride’s parents, we could not be happier. The venue and staff were amazing. We dealt mostly with Donna on wedding planning, Her listening to our requests and prep were spot on. We went with... Read More their recommendations from their vendor list for DJ, photography, and busing. Also, we used their recommended wedding coordinator, Paula, who was another gem. She assisted in the marriage license process and rehearsal, among other things. Now for the staff and venue: We were on the verge of rain, the forecast called for rain all day. It turned out to be a light drizzle and a few drops were happening on and off during the ceremony, but we were able to hold the wedding outside, per the bride’s wishes. (Just in case we needed to be inside, the staff graciously set up both places for us -the tavern room for an inside wedding and the outside gazebo area. We greatly appreciated this incredible effort!) Cocktail hour was definitely going to be inside due to the weather. Again they left the final decision to the bride. Once the wedding ceremony was complete, the Tavern room was ready for cocktail hour. Again, we were grateful for the staff’s support and patience on this. The tavern room was awesome, a beautiful space to start the celebration. The staff and venue were also very accommodating with our prior setup needs - storing table decor and beautiful flowers arrangements made by a family member. The reception barn was beautiful! We were able to customize all the décor, arrange tables with pictures and wedding chalkboard art. The food was wonderful. The filet mignon dinner and chicken dinner were cooked to perfection. All we heard from our guests was how delicious everything was. The cupcakes for dessert rocked. The dance floor was good and the DJ’s had us dancing all night long. Now for the drinks and bar set up. 2 bar tenders were on all night. They provided great service. The speciality drink of choice by most was the Huckleberry Lemonade. Sooooo Good. Thought the price for open bar was very fair. Also the we had the rehearsal dinner at the venue. They customized the menu, gave the 20+ guests a private room. We went a light summer buffet - fruit salad, garden salad, chicken and roastbeef wraps and cookies. Very fresh and all good. Portions were more than enough. Wait staff did an excellent job keeping up with drink orders too. We now look back at the whole weekend and really would not have a changed a thing. We want to express our gratitude for making this a special day for the bride and groom and our families. The beautiful well maintained grounds and inside rustic barn venue, as well as, the service was nothing short of amazing. John and Jill D.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Caleigh R

We first heard about the Salem Cross Inn from my then future mother-in-law, and we happened to pass by it while driving a few days later. We saw the chairs lined up for a wedding that must have been the night before, and seeing everything set up totally sold us! I fell in love... Read More with the picturesque property on the spot, and when we met Donna and Nancy, we felt even more confident! We bonded immediately over our shared love of JFK, and they are absolute pros, with a world of expertise about all the little details that made every aspect of our wedding run smoothly! They checked in with us periodically to finalize details, and they were so patient and gracious when my mum and I would stop in occasionally to ask questions and get clarification on different things! Their knowledge and input was invaluable, the ceremony and reception ran like a dream, and the food was incredible! They took care of lovely little details, from seating the parents with optimal views during the reception, to going over all the little reception accessories we brought so they'd be in the perfect spot, to sending the passed hors d'oevres to the bridal party while we were taking photos, to making sure the little frames at the cocktail tables were moved in and displayed around the barn for the reception! I just found out that they saved the top layer of our cake for us to enjoy on our first anniversary! We were so happy with our experience at the Salem Cross Inn, and we've heard all kinds of rave reviews from all of our guests about the excellent pacing of the event, the great service, and the delicious food! Would definitely recommend to other couples again and again!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Cindy B

I had the most amazing experience having my daughters bridal shower at Salem Cross. The venue speaks for itself, so beautiful, the food was delicious, and Nancy and Donna couldn't have been more accommodating. They went above and beyond to make sure all our requests were met!!... Read More It is the perfect venue for whatever event you are planning. Just sit back and know your day will be perfect.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Jessika L

The perfect wedding venue! Not only is it beautiful inside and out but from the moment we began planning all the way until after we said I do, Nancy and Donna were both extremely sweet and helpful. They made our whole day so much less stressful than we imagined it would be and... Read More we couldn't be more thankful! The food was delicious too! Our family has been raving about it ever since our wedding day. I would highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for a beautiful rustic venue that is fairly priced!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Kelly B

My husband and I just got married at the Salem Cross Inn in July. Everything was perfect! The venue and scenery were beautiful and rustic just like what we were looking for. This venue is also very reasonably priced. We had around 160 people attend and there was plenty of... Read More room for dancing and socializing. Planning the wedding and everything the day of the wedding went so smoothly that I was actually very calm and not at all stressed which was definitely due to all the help Nancy, Donna, and everyone at the Inn gave us. The food and service could not have been better and we are so happy with how our day came out. Everyone had such a great time! We would definitely recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Lori B

This venue is absolutely beautiful, from the rustic barn to the gazebo and scenic grounds. The food has been consistently delicious for the past 5 years of events here. The professional, yet personal kindness and caring displayed by our wedding coordinator Donna was priceless.... Read More Affordable quality service deserves 5 stars and then some!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Ashley B

This place was my perfect venue. Not only did it have the picturesque rustic setting I loved, but the colonial look and feel made my husband happy--as his family is made up of Revolutionary War Reenactors. The setting is perfect, the staff is great, and the FOOD! Oh. My.... Read More Goodness. I am a food blogger and cook book author, so I knew the food would be expected to be better than most at my wedding, and I must say it was exceptional. The prime rib was perfect (au jus available upon request), and the chicken roulade I'm told was just as good. The potatoes blew everyone away and the veggies were fresh and delicious. My guests even had good things to say about the bread rolls! We have only the most minor of criticisms and nothing worth losing a star. Some of the costs surprised us (cake cutting fee was a bit higher than we were quoted, and we opted not to do water in the outdoor venue because of a $2/person estimated cost, and decided to have our cocktail hour inside to avoid a $250 bar fee to have drinks outside), but overall the staff was helpful and detailed with the process. The day of the event, despite being told we wouldn't have anyone from the Inn to help us, a host was actually on site and extremely helpful in making sure everything went smoothly. I would say so long as you make sure all the costs are on the table early, and you confirm exactly what help will be offered the day off, you'll be great! Our day was perfect and we will return to Salem Cross for dinner and to relive our memories the next time we're in the area!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Rebecca D

The Salem Cross Inn was a magical wedding venue. The sweeping views, gorgeous gardens, historic buildings, and beautiful gazebo made for the most perfect ceremony. We chose to have our reception in the barn which was a huge selling point for us because of its rustic yet very... Read More romantic charm. The twinkle lights strung throughout the barn, all the antique detail, and the cozy loft, made for the wedding I had always dreamt of. The food was perfect as well. It was homemade and fresh with the steak being some of the best we'd ever had. We also had our rehearsal dinner at Salem's restaurant. We really loved the ambiance of the Peregrine room and the food was delicious as usual. The Salem Cross Inn is such a special place and we couldn't be happier to have chosen it for our special day.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017

We got married on June 3, 2017 at Salem Cross Inn, first right from the beginning they were so accommodating We were looking for a quaint place to have our second wedding for a smaller group. Grounds were beautiful and we had a wonderful day. Being able to have service on... Read More grounds was a blessing. All guest raved about whole day and meals were great. Our guest are still talking about how beautiful the dining room was set and how fantastic the meal was. Salem Cross is the perfect place for your special day. We can't say enough about the staff that took care of us on our special day. You guys made our day so enjoyable and stress free. Thank you again.