Salem Cross Inn

West Brookfield, MA

Book Your Wedding with Salem Cross Inn

A BACKYARD IN WEST BROOKFIELD, MA

The Banquet Halls. This airy and elegant space features wide plank floors, a charming general store and a cozy stone fireplace. Strung with twinkling lights and illuminated by candlelit table decorations, the Banquet Hall is a romantic setting for your seated reception.

The Barn. This historic structure features soaring ceilings, exposed beams and plenty of open spaces for flexible seating arrangements and dancing.

The Wedding Garden and Lawn. Beautifully tended flowering shrubs and cultivated blooms surround the outdoor ceremony space. Anchored by a charming white gazebo perfect for saying "I do," the garden has lovely views of the surrounding hills. There's also a romantic vine-covered arbor for wedding photos. The adjacent lawn can be set for a casual cocktail reception area.

Salem Cross Inn has professional wedding coordinators to guide you every step of the way as you plan your special day. Crisp white napkins and table linens, twinkling candles and a separate space for your cocktail hour are included in every wedding package. A private bride's room is also available for the bride and her attendants. Your wedding coordinator will recommend outdoor wedding professionals for all of your services, including flowers, entertainment and photography.

Although there are menu packages available, the chefs at Salem Cross Inn take special pride in creating custom menus that reflect your individual style. Using seasonal produce from the kitchen garden and locally sourced ingredients, the chef prepares every menu item from scratch for the ultimate farm-to-table culinary experience. Even the gorgeous wedding cakes are prepared on site by the inn's pastry chef.

A nonrefundable deposit is required to hold your date and your final bill must be paid with cash or certified funds seven days before the event. Menu selection and final pricing is arranged one month in advance. All food, beverages and alcohol must be provided by Salem Cross Inn and no food or alcohol may be brought in or taken away from the premises. There is a 150-guest minimum for Saturday evening events.

Having your wedding in a nationally listed historic venue is a once-in-a-lifetime experience; make it even more unique with these extra perks:

• Horse-drawn carriage ride through the New England countryside
  • Fireside feast reception in the banquet hall

Picturesque New England countryside at its best!

Charming 1700's farmhouse & post and beam barn on 600 acres of New England countryside. Food prepared with the freshest available local ingredients. Customized menus & cakes available, ceremonies, horsedrawn carriage rides, complimentary wedding consulting. Perfect place for a destination wedding.

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

260 West Main Street, West Brookfield, MA (508) 867-2345

A perfect fall New England wedding

Reviewed on 9/27/2014

I had my perfect wedding at the Salem Cross Inn. I visited multiple potential venues, but when I arrived at the Salem CRoss Inn, I envisioned my big day taking place there. I was guided along the way by Nancy and Donna, who were extremely helpful and guided me in the right... Read More direction while allowing my personal style to come through at the wedding. When my big day arrived, Martha was the perfect officiant to make sure the day ran smoothly. Guests couldn't stop raving about the atmosphere and the food. I was even told that my wedding at the Salem Cross Inn was the best one they've attended yet!! I whole heartedly recommend the Salem Cross Inn to anyone who is looking for a beautiful venue with charm and character !!!

Beyond my expectations...

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Carissa K

Happy new Mrs. here! The Salem Cross Inn absolutely exceeded our expectations. We wanted a simple, crafty, personal, yet classy ceremony and reception and we got that and more. The staff - Donna, Nancy, the wait staff, everyone was amazing to us. We didn't want the typical... Read More stuffed chicken or steak dinner, so they created a personalized menu for us - Pot Pie & Pot Roast! Our guests loved the food, the atmosphere, everything! The staff at Salem Cross even helped us find our JOP and had suggestions for other vendors as well. We truly had a day that we will NEVER EVER forget. I will admit, I thought for sure there would be some regrets in planning that one special day, and leaving so much up to ‘things hopefully go smoothly’, but I can’t say I do. We have heard so much positive feedback from our family and friends who all agreed that it was truly a wedding like no other, and by far the most beautiful venue any of them have ever seen :) 

Salem Cross Inn - the perfect setting!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

The Salem Cross Inn provided the perfect setting for our August wedding - romantic, casual and classy. The lawn was beautifully manicured and adorned with seasonal flowers that provided a gorgeous backdrop for our outdoor ceremony. The hayrides during cocktail hour were a fun... Read More surprise for our guests and gave everyone an opportunity to see the property from a different perspective. The barn, where we had our reception, was comfortable and air conditioned, as was the bridal suite upstairs, where our bridal party prepped and dressed before the wedding. The Roasted Prime Rib was cooked to perfection and the rest of the meal complemented it nicely. Since we chose not to serve wedding cake, Nancy, our wedding coordinator at Salem Cross Inn, suggested an alternative that was a huge hit with our guests and one of my favorite moments of the day - my husband and I served apple pie to our guests from a table on the dance floor. As they came up to get their dessert, we added a dollop of homemade whipped cream to each person's plate. It gave us an opportunity to greet everyone personally, and it was so much fun! Many of our guests have commented since on how much they enjoyed the entire day, but in particular, the dessert table festivities. Throughout the year of planning our wedding, Nancy and her staff were available when we needed to meet, responsive when we had questions and saw to every last detail, making sure we would enjoy a worry-free wedding day. Their professionalism shone through in every aspect - from early planning to execution. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice of venue. We highly recommend the Salem Cross Inn!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Erin D

Could not be happier we chose Salem Cross Inn as the venue to have our wedding! We planned our wedding in approx 3 months and with the help of Nancy and Donna everything was smooth sailing! The natural rustic decor of the barn is so charming and will not disappoint. All our... Read More guests are also still talking about how wonderful the food and cake was! I would definitely recommend Salem Cross Inn to anyone looking for a beautiful rustic wedding :)

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Michelle L

My husband and I could not be happier with our gorgeous rustic wedding at the Salem Cross Inn. We booked a visit to tour this venue and were sold almost immediately. Nancy and Donna were extremely accommodating from the start--even allowing us a few extra days to hold the... Read More possible wedding date. The setting for our outdoor ceremony with the gazebo overlooking the farmland was beautiful. Even with the threat of rain, it ultimately our decision for an outdoor ceremony which Nancy and Donna were flexible about and even set up the indoor ceremony as well in case of a last minute downpour. The staff are friendly and patient, the food was DELICIOUS (including cupcakes- we were able to taste every flavor at our complimentary tasting!) and great bar service. The reception area does not need additional decoration as it is beautiful on its own with white string-lights, wooden tables with white linens, and high ceilings. Nancy and Donna are prompt in responding to any questions before, during and after the wedding (often reachable by phone and definitely by email). They genuinely want you to have your dream wedding and enjoy being hosts. We highly recommend the Salem Cross Inn-- we will definitely be back for a visit!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Vanessa T

My husband and I had an amazing, perfect wedding day at the Salem Cross Inn in October of 2016! We had 175 guests in the barn on a Saturday evening, and all of them raved about the picturesque grounds, uniquely antique New England decor, and the delicious food. It was so cool to... Read More be able to have our ceremony outside, followed by cocktail hour in the downstairs tavern, then dinner and dancing in the barn. Such a nice flow through a beautiful venue! We really appreciated Nancy and Donna's flexibility with our selection of vendors, letting us bring in our own photographer and DJ. I would highly, highly recommend working with Barry (for flowers/decor, he is amazing!) and Paula (for officiating, even though we had my husband's father officiate the actual ceremony, Paula was immensely helpful in running us through what the procession would entail and how it would be organized in advance, getting us our marriage license, and acting as a ceremony coordinator the day of so everything ran smoothly). We didn't have a wedding planner, and didn't need one -- Salem Cross made it easy to do on our own! For a truly unique, authentic, rustically elegant wedding, I HIGHLY recommend the Salem Cross Inn and we are so, so happy and grateful to them for making our day absolutely magical and completely stress-free!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Charlene C

Absolutely a dream wedding come true. I could not have asked for a more amazing day. From the moment we booked our day Nancy Donna and the gang were right there to answer queztions and lend a hand. The vendors they reccomend are top notch. We used Paula Roberts Sr justice of the... Read More peace and she truly was amazing we then used a recommended florist from the Salem Cross Inn Barre he knew exactly what I wanted to keep everything with The Rustic theme wedding that we wanted to have. Not one person was unable to help This place is above and beyond what you would ever expect or dream not to mention the Fantastic food. The staff were constantly asking if there was anything they could do or to get us Top Notch place with top-notch service. Barry what's the florist we decided to use and my flowers were stunning. I know when you get married you tend to think everything is great and usually it is in this case it was above and beyond amazing. I cannot say enough about this place if you are even considering booking you better do it fast before someone else takes your spot. I can promise you will not be sorry

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Katherine P

We had our perfectly rustic wedding at this venue on 11/4/16. After much research on my part this ended up being the first and only venue we toured. This family buisness was wonderful to have had host our special day. The food was delicious, hot, filling, and perfectly prepared.... Read More Our guests loved the fire place lounge for our cocktail hour, which follwed our outdoor ceremony. Although the day of there were many little things I was asked to finish or do as I was trying to have my hair and makeup done everything else was worth it. The day after our wedding, we came back to pick up our decorations and the staff had almost all of our things in one location and ready to roll. I appreciated that greatly amongst the exhaustion.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Jessica O

I was at all times treated with respect and my wishes were honored. The owner and the woman who helps her with wedding planning met with me personally and were responsive to my questions and requests. They pointed me to a great package deal for our wedding and directed me to... Read More the best room venue for the number of guests I'd have. They provided me with a list of vendors they recommend and this made it so much less stressful to select a photographer and florist and limousine driver. On our wedding day, they welcomed us and brought us to a room where we could have pictures taken. The outside grounds were beautiful -- one of the top reasons we chose this restaurant for the reception -- and made for fantastic photos even though it was a rainy, windy day. The waitstaff were friendly yet professional. The bartender was very efficient. The food was delicious. I recommend this restaurant unreservedly. They even provide a space to have the wedding ceremony if you'd like.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Ashley E

Nancy, Donna, and the entire Salem Cross Inn team were fantastic! We held our wedding on Oct. 7 at the Salem Cross Inn, and it couldn't have been more perfect. We married outside in front of the gazebo, held cocktail hour outside, and held our reception in the barn. The chairs... Read More for the wedding ceremony were setup hours in advance, which was great because we were able to get out there and decorate early. The barn was also setup early, which made putting out centerpieces and all of the extra decor very easy. We used the bridal suite for hair and make-up - we ate lunch, had mimosas - it was fantastic! Donna and Nancy were always checking in and giving updates, which was much appreciated. The reception went perfectly - the food came out on time and was piping hot! No cold chicken or prime rib for anyone. All the guests commented on the delicious food and how full they were by the end of it. They were there to help us with the cake cutting, the bridal party introductions, seating the guests, everything! Most importantly, Nancy and Donna helped us throughout the entire planning process. I had at least 3 in person meetings with them, and countless e-mail and phone conversations. They were very helpful and accommodating to the special touches we wanted to add to our wedding. They offered suggestions to help make the reception go smoothly, which was great. They also let us store all of our decorations upstairs before the wedding, and we were able to pick them up the next morning. All of our guests kept commenting on how much they loved the venue and loved the food. The location was perfect for photos, and was the picture-perfect New England setting that we were going for. I would recommend the Salem Cross Inn to anyone. It was a gorgeous venue, fantastic food, helpful staff, and so much more. I can't say enough about the Salem Cross Inn, and wish I could do it all over again. I absolutely love

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Crystal C

Salem Cross Inn was an amazing venue! Nancy and Donna were great to work with, very helpful and answered every question I had. The food was spectacular and the staff was very efficient . Martha was our day of venue coordinator and she was great. She kept things moving and... Read More assisted with all of the smaller details. If you're looking for charm and rustic, this is the perfect venue for you.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Heather D

Anthony and I had such an amazing time at Salem Cross Inn. Our guests was raving about how beautiful and charming the place was. The food was also fantastic! I highly recommend this place to other couples out there looking for a venue!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Chris B

We had both our rehearsal dinner as well as ceremony/reception at Salem Cross Inn. Everything was perfect, and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception. Donna and Nancy are very accommodating and will do anything they can to make sure everything goes smoothly the... Read More day of. The guests of our wedding keep telling us it's the best wedding they've ever attended. Highly recommended (and make sure you get the apple pie :D )

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Bria W

We first visited Salem Cross Inn in February and called back the same day to book for our October 22nd wedding. Donna and Nancy were welcoming, patient, and easy to work with throughout the entire process. Any time I had a question, I could call or email them and know that I... Read More would receive a prompt and professional response. On the day of, we had Martha at our wedding and she went above and beyond to help make our day perfect from setting up our centerpieces to the decorations. She even kept coming back to make sure we had enough water and got a chance to eat some of our meal. Nancy and Donna told us at our final visit to drop off centerpieces that “everyone will tell you the next day that your wedding is the best wedding they’ve ever been to” and they were so right! We got compliments about the staff, the food, the vendors we hired, EVERYTHING. We kept being asked “how did you ever find this place? It’s awesome!” We also got many compliments on how delicious the meals were and the fact that they are actually filling, not leaving you hungry at the end of the evening like many other weddings. If you are looking for an affordable, family-feel venue, absolutely go to Salem Cross Inn!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Laurie C

Wow! 12 days until our big day and the owner called me from her home phone to help me finalize some details after I emailed her for help with the floorplan. If you like rustic, friendly, homestyle, relaxed but elegant style... Salem cross inn is for you!!!! They really care... Read More about their brides. ♡

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kerri M

Perfect. The weather held up and we were able to have the ceremony outside by the gazebo and reception in the barn. Everything went very smoothly and the ladies at Salem Cross Inn were more than accommodating. Thank you ladies!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 dave a

Like walking back in time to the colonial days,rich in history and tradition the Salem Cross offers a beautiful setting with rolling hills and fields of gold. Friendly and attentive wait staff to cater to your every request. An all around great experience by Donna and Nancy who... Read More handled every detail with precision and passion.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Caitlin O

My husband and I got married on 9/18/16 at the Salem Cross Inn and honestly picking this venue set the tone (in a positive way) for the entire wedding. We had a wonderful experience with the staff! Besides this venue being completely gorgeous with a strong historic and rustic... Read More feel, every single vendor and staff member the Salem Cross Inn works with made our wedding day perfect and stress free. We worked with Donna and Nancy through every stage of the process and not only were they extremely flexible and accommodating, they also have wedding planning down to a science and provided great suggestions when needed. We decided to use many of the vendors they suggested from their preferred vendors list and it was the absolutely best decision to go with their trusted vendors. To start, we decided to hire Paula Roberts as our Justice of the Peace for our ceremony. She knew exactly what she was doing and guided us through planning the ceremony and the entire rehearsal ran seamlessly. We were also able to file for our marriage license with her and she took care of all the paperwork so that on our big day, the marriage license was ready to go. Heather of Turkey Hill Photography was our photographer and she was just the sweetest! She is direct (in a good way!) and captured everything we wanted in a timely manner. Following the ceremony, we were able to get all of our formal photos done in the cocktail hour so that everyone could truly enjoy their meal and the reception. She was outstanding! Finally, Barry Mongeon was our florist and if there is anyone you need to hire from their preferred vendors, it's this man. He was utterly fabulous. The floral arrangements were STUNNING and he went above and beyond helping me with all of my needs on my wedding day. All and all, this place is phenomenal and their staff (including their bartenders and wait staff) are the biggest reason our wedding day was flawless. The food is incredible and the overall mood they've cultivated with their outdoor gazebo and barn is romantic, soft and charming. It's truly a hidden gem in MA!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Samantha A

(Posting this with praise and ending with a warning - please read all the way through.) Thank you 1 million times to the people at Salem Cross Inn, not only for preserving a beautiful structure that means so much to our community's history, but for also allowing brides like me... Read More to host spectacular weddings there. Our guests were blown away by the stunning setting - the budding gorgeous garden outside in summer with turkeys and cows nestling into the verdant hills behind the white gazebo, the enchanting and so well decorated bridal suite (with a shower! Perfect after running around and decorating all morning in the heat before a ceremony), and the incredible picture-perfect wood barn, perfect for photos inside and outside in front of its doors! We were just blown away. We even used the upper mezzanine level for a photobooth. Guests had fun mixing between both levels (and the upper space is great for snapping photos from up above). We could not have afforded this wedding without the Salem Cross Inn's reasonable pricing, and we were able to cut costs dramatically by having our large wedding on a Sunday rather than a Saturday. We looked at 20 wedding venues in the area and found this restaurant to be the most affordable and least expensive while simultaneously the most beautiful. Thank you especially to Donna and Nancy for all of your warmth and kindness and help in understanding our needs. We will recommend this place highly for the future - the rustic chicken and English cut sirloin meals were amazing. So delicious! People spoke of it all night (and the potatoes were heavenly). Also special thanks to Donna for working with me on my design concepts to create the most beautiful rustic-style frosted lemon-raspberry cake with fresh raspberries lining the edges. Beautiful! Be aware going in that the Salem Cross Inn likes to communicate primarily by phone instead of email. It's a problem for brides who work full-time jobs while planning a wedding, so just be aware and plan accordingly. Though we had a wonderful time at the restaurant, I have to post a strong recommendation to not hire the in-house florist Barry Mongeon. We had a horrible experience with him and his conduct. I would urge brides to stay far away.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Amy R

We had our wedding as Salem Cross on September 17, 2016. We were aiming for a casual afternoon reception for around 100 people and Salem Cross was perfect! The weather was beautiful for an outside cocktail hour. The food was delicious. And I wish I had a regular supply of the... Read More cupcakes. :) And best of all it seemed effortless! Donna was wonderful to work with on the planning.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Liz S

We can't say enough about how amazing our wedding was at the Salem Cross Inn. The view alone sold us but when we tried the food at one of their fire place feasts we were sold! It's only been a couple days but our guests can't stop talking about how great everything was! We... Read More worked with Donna and she was so responsive to all my questions. If you're looking for a venue with a great ambiance both inside and out and fantastic food this is the place!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 John & Susan L

FLAWLESS! From start to finish, the Salem Cross Inn was THE place for our daughter's wedding. When the happy couple started to look for venues, they wanted rustic and colonial with lanterns. And Salem Cross Inn fit the bill to perfection. Easy to deal with, comforting,... Read More attentive, and expert in every way, Nancy, Donna, and Martha were incredible hosts. The outside ceremony was beyond beautiful and picturesque. Salem Cross works with local vendors for all your wedding needs right down to the flowers and officiant- and we used the recommended officiant, Paula, and florist, Barry. The flowers were incredible and were brought from the outside ceremony to the inside reception area during the hour long outside cocktail hour after the ceremony was over, and it made the reception venue that much nicer. Paula was perfect and accommodating beyond out expectations. We had 170 people and the venue was a superb fit. The staff made not one mistake. The melt in your mouth food is legendary and it did not disappoint on the day of the wedding. The cake they made was 5 star and scrumptious. And the price was right as well. Plenty of parking and, in case you leave anything at the venue by mistake, they call you the next day to let you know. Our guests are still talking about the wedding. Comments include, "this was the best wedding I've ever been to," "incredible touch of class," and many more of the same type. We hired the well known Boston band "Tuxedo Junction" (they are FANTASTIC) and their band leader, Larry Milton, told me this wedding was the best they have played at in over a decade. Since they have done hundreds of weddings in that time, I would have to say that is a ringing endorsement. And they even have wedding bridal party rooms upstairs to use in preparation of your wedding party before your ceremony on the special day...... a nice touch. If you are considering a venue, please do not overlook the 5 star Salem Cross Inn. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Amber B

I was beyond thrilled with this venue! It fit the rustic theme that I was hoping for as well as having the most beautiful scenery and delicious food! I did not know that I could be as happy as I was on my wedding day! Everything was taken care of and we really just got to be in... Read More the moment and take it all in! The guests couldn't say enough good things about this venue! I would recommend Salem Cross Inn to anyone looking for the rustic, barn feel!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Alison W

My husband and I got married at Salem Cross Inn on 4th of July weekend and we couldn't have been more blown away with how everything turned out. We've been married for 2 months now and still have guests raving about our wedding and the delicious food. Donna, Nancy and Martha... Read More really helped to give us the perfect day. They know exactly what they are doing, and the day of the wedding Martha made sure everything went smoothly. From the beautiful grounds, amazing staff and incredible fresh food, it was more than we imagined. We're so happy we chose this venue!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Leah P

I got married at Salem Cross Inn a little less than a month ago, and the whole day was beyond perfect! When my now husband, Andrew, and I were searching for a venue after our engagement about a year ago, we discovered Salem Cross Inn. Within 5 minutes of visiting the... Read More Colonial-era Salem Cross Inn, we knew this was the perfect place for our wedding day! We even had lunch to sample the food and were very impressed with the meal. After several months of planning, our wedding day finally arrived and it was honestly a day beyond our wildest dreams! Nancy and Donna were a delight to work with, always personally calling with answers to questions we sent them by email. They always had creative suggestions for various things that came up. They were very prompt with responding back and were always so pleasant to talk to! The weather on the day of the wedding was beautiful, so we had our ceremony outside amongst the gardens and country fields. Our photographer took full advantage of this, resulting in many dramatic and beautiful photos. All through the day, Nancy, Donna, and their staff focused on every detail so that we were able to enjoy the day and celebrate. Everything went so smoothly from the moment I arrived in the morning to get ready, to when my husband and I exited the venue at the end of the day. The barn, where we held our reception, is very rustic and beautiful. It’s decorated with old artifacts, dark wood beams, and romantic white lights strung up by the ceiling. It’s an absolutely stunning location for a reception! We received endless compliments from our guests on what a beautiful, unique place Salem Cross Inn is and how amazing the food is. We'll definitely be returning to celebrate anniversaries, birthdays, etc. We highly recommend Salem Cross to anyone!