Documentary

Engagement

79 Central Street, Berlin, MA (978) 415-9808

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Denise G

Samantha was incredible to work with from start to finish. From our first meeting, we knew that she had to be our photographer; we booked that day! She is incredibly sweet and professional. I was very nervous about having my photos taken, but Samantha put all of my fears at... Read More ease. At our engagement shoot, she was encouraging and honestly, I forgot that she was there at times! Samantha is very detailed oriented and organized which is so important for the wedding day. We had a timetable for the wedding planned out prior to day which ensured that everything went smoothly (her second shooter Addie was great and so helpful as well). Our photos are absolutely stunning; the colors, the lighting, everything! There was a perfect balance between the shots of the details, formals, and candids. Samantha perfectly captured the emotions of the day; I feel like I relive our wedding day each time I look! I highly recommend Samantha- you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Christie P

Amazing!!! I cannot say enough about Samantha and her work! We are fast approaching my one year anniversary and I am so glad to have these memories so beautifully captured. From beginning to end Sam and her team go above and beyond. She is professional and easy to work with.... Read More You can tell she has a true passion for what she does and I am so lucky to have gotten to work with her on the most important day of my life. Looking through the photos and seeing moments I never knew happened made me smile. Brides if you are looking for the best then I suggest you go with Sam and her team, they will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Kelly R

We booked Samantha for our May 2016 wedding and we are so happy that we did! She takes BEAUTIFUL photos - she captures the right amount of lighting and doesn't over-edit. Samantha also does a great job of maintaining the right balance between detail shots, formal posed shots,... Read More and candids. Everything looks very natural. Samantha is super sweet and is so easy to work with. She helped us develop the perfect timeline for our wedding and helped us stick to it throughout the day. Samantha also got our pictures back to us extremely quickly - I know some photographers take months to get the edited photos back to the couple, but Samantha had them back to us within a month. I'd highly recommend booking with her. :)

perfect!

Reviewed on 4/16/2015 Stephanie S

Samantha was able to work around some difficult lighting/ weather, (and difficult people)and still produce a flawless end result. I would definitely recommend!

Great

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Margreta w

Samantha is such an easy person to work with. She is easy to get in touch with and is very organized on the day of. Really enjoyed working with her!

LOVE her!

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Laura O

As soon as I saw Samantha Melanson's blog I knew I wanted to hire her as our wedding photographer. When I spoke to her on the phone I was even more convinced that she was a good match for us. She's an animal lover just like my fiance and myself, and she didn't even bat an... Read More eyelash when I told her our dogs were going to be part of the wedding party! She's a very detail oriented person which I also liked very much. Months before the wedding she already had a detailed day of timeline that explained everything from the time coverage starts including directions on how to prepare the dress, shoes, rings, and other important things so that they can be photographed. She arrived 20 minutes early (which I LOVE!) and got right to work. Throughout the entire day she kept things moving so that we could get all of the pictures I requested. The guys really enjoyed working with her second shooter, Addie, as well. We also got the swoonbooth for our wedding and it was a huge hit with our guests!!! There was a line to get in the swoonbooth during the entire reception! I simply can't say enough good things about Samantha! We enjoyed working with her from start to finish and I'd recommend her to anybody!

The best!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Kathryn D

When I got engaged, there was no doubt I wanted Samantha as our wedding photographer. When we decided to do a destination wedding in Aruba-on July 4th weekend, I had a feeling I would not be able to have her. I reached out and it just so happend she was available! I was... Read More literally in tears knowing that she would be able to photograph my wedding. Having Samantha in Aruba was literally a dream come true. My husband is pretty shy when it comes to being in front of a camera. Having Samantha, that all went away. She made us feel so comfortable! Pictures to me are the most important part of the wedding and we wanted only the best! I cannot explain how impressed I am at the work she has done. I would-in a heartbeat- recommend Samantha

wedding photography

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Ashley D

Samantha was fantastic to work with. Samantha took amazing photos for during an engagement session and I can not wait to see what she captured on our wedding day. Samantha is friendly and kind, easy to talk to, and is dedicated to ensuring that you have the perfect wedding day... Read More and the perfect photos.

The Best!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Leana P

Samantha did our engagement photos that we absolutely adored and we recently got married and working with her was like having your best friend coordinate your day. She is such a genuine person who I believe is truly happy for everyone. She is always smiling and is just the... Read More sweetest thing you'll ever meet. She kept in touch as the big day approached checking in to see how everything was going and letting us know how excited she was about the whole thing. I loved that! She did a time line for us to avoid any stressful situations and so that everyone knew what was going on and when.. She even helped me with my awful time management hahah I have never been on time for anything in my life but on that day I was right on schedule. She is very organized and we zipped right through our little photo session before going to the reception. Samantha and her assistant Addie kept us laughing and made us feel at ease while being creative and capturing some cool shots. At cocktail hour she was able to get our huge families together for a group shot..high five to her as they are a rowdy bunch! As dinner begun and everyone sat down to eat I saw her continue to snap pictures of all our details.. She is non stop amazing but I just wanted her to sit down eat and relax as if she was part of the family! (Eating is our number 1 priority) haha The rest of the night went by soo fast and I know she was all over the place getting great shots but she blended right in and I didn't even notice she was snapping pictures. This girl has a passion for what she does you can see it in her eyes and in her pictures. I can't wait to see our photos and relive that day through her eyes.

Fantastic!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 hilary b

Samantha did a great job with our engagement shoot. We loved our photos!!! She also does a great job with editing the pictures and they came out fantastic. Samantha is very personable and has really good ideas for photos and locations.

The best wedding photographer

Reviewed on 9/21/2013

Samantha made our wedding day very easy. She knew exactly how to get great pictures without being in the way. She was very friendly and professional, and was always in contact with us about times and scheduling for our engagement shoot and wedding day. We will always have... Read More great photo memories of our wedding thanks to her awesome job. Great value for a great service.

Samantha was professional and fun!

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Michelle W

From the moment we began our engagement shoot, I knew Samantha Melanson was going to be a great photographer. We were nervous to act natural around a photographer, and immediately we felt at ease. She almost made us feel like she wasn't there at all, except of course for the... Read More general direction she was giving us. She was very accommodating by including our favorite things(our dogs and love of the outdoors) and suggested proper clothing to wear. On our actual wedding day she got every shot we wanted, and then some. She was never in the way or distracting from our day, but still get photos of all our special moments. She also had a fabulous second shooter to help with our photo booth, which was so much fun for our guests! I would recommend Samantha Melanson Photography to anyone! She was perfect!

Amazing Photographer!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Rachel A

Samantha was amazing to work with!! We did an engagement session before the wedding and loved those pictures. She was just as perfect and professional at the wedding - she was so calm even though we were working with a tight time schedule. And she got all the pictures we asked... Read More for! I loved working with her and was so happy she was a part of our special day.

Phenomenal photographer!!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Bridget L

Samantha is an absolutely amazing photographer. Throughout the time frame of both our engagement shoot and wedding she was very professional, genuine, and timely. Samantha is so sweet and easy to work with. She made Chris and I feel comfortable to have ourselves photographed for... Read More many hours. Her work is truly special and artistic. I have received so many compliments on both our engagement images and wedding. You would be lucky to have her take part in your special day. We are so thankful we did. We will cherish our photos forever! Also, her second shooter Ester was very sweet and took beautiful images. It is definitely a treat to have two photographers! Thank you Samantha! Keep in touch. ❤ Bridget and Chris

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 elena m

Finding Samantha was such a lucky happenstance and the fact that she's based in the town next to where my wedding was being held made it seem like a match made in heaven. She read the mood of our wedding perfectly and took just the types of photos we were hoping she'd take.... Read More Plus, she and her assistant were a real pleasure to have around. I'd recommend her in an instant.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 7/20/2013 elizabeth s

We are so glad we went with Samantha for our wedding. We knew we were in good hands before the wedding when she helped us think through the timing of our day and the pictures we'd want to have after our wedding. Given our family is slightly complicated (2 sets of divorced... Read More parents) we had a lot of various family to accommodate. She encouraged us to really think about which pictures we would want after and accurately recommended the amount we'd have time for and find good use for. The day of the wedding she was early- ready to go- and clear on what she was doing. Although she was super prepared and timely, she was also really relaxed and able to be flexible with the flow of the day. Before the wedding, we even decided to sneak in a few extra boudoir shots! The pictures we walked away with are breathtaking and capture our day exactly as I wanted to remember it. She caught those moments of joy, laughter, and pure fun. The color of her pictures is vibrant. She was so fast in getting the pictures to us and the site she uses for ordering is easy (and allows you to change pics to B + W and crop to particular sizes). We wouldn't have had our day without her. We are so appreciative of everything she did to go the extra mile to make our day easy and fun, and capture the moments we'll never forget!!

Amazing Pics

Reviewed on 7/04/2013 Jennifer L

Samantha was a pleasure to work with. She is extremely talented and professional. I am so happy we chose her for our wedding.

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Mariel W

Samantha is awesome! She did my wedding photos and I honestly loved working with her. She was extremely organized and takes great pictures. I havent got mine back yet, but I have no doubt they will be amazing. She works with a second shooter as well to make sure that all the... Read More important shots get captured and really was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her for your wedding!