Santa Barbara Classic Weddings

Santa Barbara, Montecito, Santa Ynez, Carpinteria, Ojai

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Nondenominational, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

2221 Foothill Lane, Santa Barbara, CA Santa Barbara, Montecito, Santa Ynez, Carpinteria, Ojai (805) 886-5930

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kerstin B

My now husband and I were married on the beach in Santa Barbara. We had interviewed a few officiants before finding Patrice, but I tell you, from the first conversation on the phone, I knew she was the right one. I feel so fortunate to have had Patrice officiate our marriage. It... Read More was more than that though. She casually interviewed us on the phone and you could tell she had a true knack for this type of thing. She asked questions that made my heart melt when my fiancé told her his response. She asked about our love story. She was able to take what she learned about us and turn in into such a great ceremonial intro. Then, she helped us choose ceremonial readings that represented us. She really is just a lovely person! Can’t speak high enough of our officiant!

2017-10-29T13:52:56 Response from the vendor

Kerstin & Ben had the liveliest wedding on the beach with the famous Santa Barbara Rainbow sculpture as a backdrop. In finding one another, they truly found their "Pot of Gold" at the end of the rainbow. I can't wait to see all the photos...especially... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Mirjam M

Patrice Handley of Santa Barbara Classic Weddings is a wonderful person and the perfect choice if you are looking for a wedding officiant in Santa Barbara! She responded within hours to our first email and we knew from the start she was the person we wanted to work with. We only... Read More had a few weeks to plan our wedding and Patrice guided us through every step. She talked with us over the phone to really got to know both of us and helped us when we wanted to write our own vows! She always responded the same day, was always available for phone calls and really made us feel like we were almost family. So friendly, warm and kind! Every time I felt a bit stressed about my vows or anything else, she would reassure me and promise that everything would work out! We got married at the Santa Barbara Courthouse which is an amazing location, to begin with. Patrice did an amazing job during our ceremony and really took the time to tell our story, share our blessings, include our family members (who flew out from overseas) and let us say our vows. I was so nervous that I put the ring on my husband's wrong finger and she made a funny joke about it which made it all funny. :-) After the ceremony, Patrice gave us a book of our ceremony - even though that wasn't part of our package. She really made our most special day even more special. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, Patrice! Mirjam & James

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Christy K

Patrice is a delightful person and a wonderful choice for a wedding officiant. She was the first vendor we booked for our wedding because after a short phone conversation, we knew she was the one! We met with her in person while we were visiting Santa Barbara and we left feeling... Read More more confident than ever that she was perfect. She took the time to get to know us as a couple and what really makes us tick. As out of towners, she did everything she could to help us plan for our wedding and ensure everything went smoothly. She contacted us when promised, was available via phone or email when needed and provided a very extensive compilation of ceremony content for us to choose from when creating our ceremony. She then created a beautiful draft version encompassing our chosen readings and personal details we discussed in our first meeting - all of it as if she had known us for years. She spoke with us by phone a few weeks before the wedding and on the wedding day to ensure everything was going as planned. She is a reassuring presence and treats all of her clients as individuals and friends. We truly felt like she was a family member and were thrilled to have her perform our wedding. We will treasure the memories of our wedding ceremony and Patrice is a major reason why. I am struggling to come up with a way to effectively describe how incredibly wonderful Patrice is... just book her and you will see what a fantastic decision it is!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Matt L

I can't say enough great things about Patrice - Our ceremony was absolutely perfect. It was well thought out and personal, even though we only found her three weeks before our wedding. She made the entire ceremony so personal, and helped us every step of the way (the actual day... Read More included because I was so nervous). Patrice is incredibly warm and open, and made us feel so welcomed and included. So many personal touches to our ceremony. We will remember her for years to come.

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Michelle L

Patrice Handley was recommended by our wedding photographer so we decided to give her a call. Right away I knew she would be our officiant. Patrice is very genuine and full of heart. We had a meeting together and she asked us meaningful questions to get to know us as a... Read More couple. She was very easy to talk to and made us feel very comfortable. We told her about our love for one another and a few of our stories. Based on our conversation, she helped us customize our vows and made it very personal. During the ceremony, I was very touched by her words. She definitely as a gift!! Thank you Patrice for helping make our special day so very special!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Lee H

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings was recommended to us by our photographer Cherry Thomas (also amazing). We met with Patrice over the phone and had a wonderful conversation where she offered great ideas and provided many options for how our ceremony could work. After doing some of... Read More our own homework we selected a few poems and prayers and our vows. We made a few edits to some of the suggestions presented and discussed our selections with Patrice. She walked us through the entire ceremony end to end and was very patient with us, answering all of our questions. She is very reassuring! From there she put together the most amazing and beautiful ceremony we could ever imagine. After the ceremony, Patrice presented us with a folder with our Marriage certificate and a booklet of our ceremony! Many of our guests commented on what an amazing job Patrice did, capturing our spirit, putting it into beautiful words, and making our ceremony so personal and special. We can’t thank Patrice enough for making our wedding so special for our guests and us, and a day we will reflect on, as the best ever start to the rest of our lives together. If you are looking for a real professional to officiate your ceremony, you found it in Patrice.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Alex L

Patrice Handley of Santa Barbara Classic Weddings was the perfect choice for our wedding officiant. She took the time before the wedding to really get to know us, our story and everything to make our day special. The format of our service was so meaningful and really spoke to... Read More who we are and what is important to us. It was like she was related to us and really gave the ceremony such a personal and sentimental touch that made it so right. All of our family and friends who attended mentioned how exceptional Patrice was and how much our ceremony format and words felt so perfect for who we are. Patrice has tremendous attention to detail. She is very heartfelt and thoughtful and truly cares about us and our day. She made the biggest day of our lives a dream come true and we really can't thank her enough. We wish we could do it all over again, it was that incredible!! THANK YOU, Patrice!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Kathryn H

Through our wedding planning, Patrice was more than an officiant- she became a friend. At our first meeting, she was warm and welcoming, and made a true effort to get to know me and my husband. This was especially reflected when she helped us shape the perfect vows and ceremony... Read More pieces for the day. She made herself available by email or phone, and I recall my husband calling her the morning of the wedding because he had some last-minute questions about repeating his vows. I talked to Patrice that morning too, and she reassured us that everything would be wonderful and beautiful, and it was. We are very appreciative, and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Alexa B

We are still basking in the glow of an absolutely perfect day. We wanted to express our sincere thanks for such an incredibly beautiful ceremony. It was so personal and honest and our parents and many of our guests said it was the most moving ceremony they had ever attended. My... Read More mother was just blown away by how well your/our words fit us as a couple. We will never forget it - but we are still grateful that you wrote it down for us!! You made our wedding day so very special. Thank you.

Reviewed on 3/31/2016

When I decided I wanted to get married at the Santa Barbara courthouse I had no idea where to begin. I am not from SB so I was very lucky to have found Patrice. The moment I talked to her on the phone I knew that I would want her to officiate my ceremony. She walked me through... Read More the entire process in such a way that I began to have a clear vision for my ceremony! Patrice is a very helpful and professional minister. She was able to give my husband and I referrals for photography and music as well. I have to say that Patrice also made the process of writing our vows a fun experience. She actually provided us with many choices we could include but also allowed us to include some of our own quotes and ideas to make our ceremony more personal. She had ways of putting everything together to make our ceremony uniquely ours! On the day of our ceremony I was a nervous wreck. Patrice’s presence was very calming. She had a way of running the ceremony but making my husband and I the focus. My family really enjoyed the wedding and had so many positive things to say about Patrice as well.

Reviewed on 3/14/2016

From the moment that my wife and I first sat with Patrice, we were impressed by her genuine interest in getting to know us as a couple. Patrice skillfully interwove details of our relationship into the ceremony. There was nothing ‘cookie-cutter’ about our experience working with... Read More her. She added a feeling of intimacy to our ceremony far beyond what we were expecting of an officiant. I am particularly grateful to Patrice because she encouraged me to write a short poem for my soon-to-be wife, which she then read at the ceremony. I also wrote the wedding vows for both my wife and I, personalizing them and throwing in an allusion to Dante. Looking back at my wedding day, I am glad that some of my own words were included in the ceremony. I have Patrice to thank for this. Also, Patrice made another important contribution to our wedding day by suggesting the recently reborn El Encanto as a quaint venue for our wedding. El Encanto turned out to be the right place. As soon as my wife and I were up on the American Riviera, looking out over the stretched Pacific, we knew that the wedding had to be there. The keepsake booklet that Patrice created for my wife and I is also adorable, and has become one of my dearest possessions. My wife and I were married in the summer of 2013, so this grateful review has been a little long in the making. Even almost three years on, though, the memory of Patrice as a helpful and thoughtful officiant stands out in my mind. Thank you, Patrice, for helping to craft our ceremony into a beautiful memory! My wife and I would both heartily recommend Patrice Handley as a wedding officiant for those couples searching for a sweet presence to oversee their special day. I am sure that she will impress many more couples in the future, as she draws on the unique facets of a couple to limn the beauty of the bond that is being consecrated by marriage.

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Where do I begin. Patrice was amazing! From the first call to get basic information and a quote, she was so sweet and professional. She made me feel so comfortable that I knew I didn't need to look any further. She was a consummate professional, easily accessible and an overall... Read More sweetheart. We felt during our consultation that she really wanted to capture our love and personalize the ceremony as much as possible. The day of the wedding she calmed my nerves and keep my Bridezilla levels at an all time low. I was experiencing all of the typical wedding day jitters that any bride would have. She even escorted me to the restroom to help with my dress and all the while reassuring me that what I was going through was normal. My family was running late so naturally I was freaking out and Patrice was right there for me. I was so thankful to have her by my side at that moment. The ceremony itself was beautiful. It was everything we could have ever wanted. Without her talent, professionalism and kind heartedness it just wouldn't have been the same. We are truly grateful to have had Patrice. I cannot say enough about her. She goes above and beyond and exceeded any expectations we had for the day. If you are looking for a quintessential people person, genuine and caring and a "get the job done" officiant. Patrice is for you. Again, thank you so much Patrice. You were the best! Love, The Ericksons

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 cheryl p

We were married at the Santa Barbara Courthouse grounds this summer by Patrice. Brides - she is the best! She spent time with us just finding out who we were, she was so calming and sweet. She helped to create a ceremony that was personalized, emotional, funny and so US! Our... Read More guests just raved about her! Many said they wish they could have found someone like her for their wedding. The words were real and let everyone that attended feel the love that we shared that day.