Since 1973, Sapienza Pastry Inc. has been manufacturing the finest authentic Italian pastries and cookies while specializing in all kinds of cakes. All products are made right on the premises combining the best ingredients available with old-fashioned recipes to produce quality products.

Dietary Options

Cake Accessories, Cakes + Desserts

1376 Hempstead Turnpike, Elmont, NY

Reviewed on 1/11/2012 jackie e

Sapienza bakery is the most wonderful bakery there is!!!! My father, Roseann (the owner) and Robert (the baker) designed my wedding cake for me. It was a complete surprise and absolutely beautiful. It was more gorgeous than I could have imagined, absolutely perfect!!!! And to... Read More top it all off it was DELICIOUS. My husband doesn't eat sweets and had seconds because it was that good. Thank you so much Ro and Robert for everything!!!! This bakery is by far the best......

Reviewed on 12/26/2011 Philip C

The Best RED VELVET on Long Island and I know!! Coming from retired bakers in my family, we wouldnt choose another place!!!

Review for Sapienza Bake Shop

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Aja L

Polite and professional the costs were more than reasonable. The cake was beautiful. No need to order months in advance

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Talya A

Delicious wedding cake! My husband and I were very hesitant when it came to the wedding cake as at many weddings people tend to not eat the cake or the cake looked beautiful, but wasn't tasty. We walked into Sapienza bakery for a tasting and were blown away by the flavors!... Read More Roseanne was fabulous to work with and let us try a variety of cake and filling flavors. We went with a combination of chocolate and vanilla cake with chocolate mousse and french cream. Our wedding cake looked elegant and tasted delicious! Our guests were raving about it as well and ate a lot of it. Thank you Sapienza Bakery! Highly recommend!

Awesome cake

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 Clinton R

For a last minute wedding cake, we were satisfied. Note: Sapienza has the best cheesecake in the tri-state area (yes, even better than that cheesecake store in downtown Brooklyn)