Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1049 Queen St , Southington, CT (860) 329-1101

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Maura B

These women were so great to work with-- they are so creative and so willing to hear what you want and make it work! The cake was FANTASTIC and so incredibly beautiful! Highly recommend-- great experience!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amanda G

I ordered a cake from Sassy Mama's for my rehearsal dinner which we were having the night before my wedding. I worked with the women at Sassy Mama's and sent them a bunch of images of what I was looking for - my husband is a soccer coach and I wanted to surprise him with a... Read More soccer-themed cake. The pictures were all pretty similar and were exactly what I was hoping for. The day of the rehearsal dinner, my parents went to pick up the cake at the agreed upon time so that my husband wouldn't see it before the party. I paid the bill without actually seeing the cake because things were crazy with less than 24 hours to go til the wedding, and I had trust that the 8 images I had sent of what I wanted would be enough. Imagine my surprise when at the dinner, the cake I saw was NOT at all "soccer themed" - it had a few random hexagonal patches around the outside like you'd find on a soccer ball, but the whole top of the cake was blank except for a weird, ugly swirled green pattern. The bakers tried to say it was "abstract art" and "was supposed to look like grass, and can't you see the soccer balls hidden in the pattern?" It was SO CLEAR that they had forgotten about my cake and it wasn't ready in time, and they probably meant to finish putting those hexagonal shapes on the rest of it, but since they failed to do so by the scheduled time, they just swirled some stuff together. Green isn't even my husband's favorite color, and I never mentioned it to them, so I have no idea why they used that as our main color anyway (it wasn't close to any of our wedding colors either). I was so disappointed and embarrassed, and literally not a single one of our 40+ rehearsal dinner guests understood that it was soccer themed until I explained it to them. The only actual soccer-like thing on the cake was a ribbon that they tied around the bottom. It was so disappointing and if it wasn't the day before my wedding with a tight schedule, I would have asked for a new cake and/or reduction in price because it was not what I asked for. The only thing that saves this from being a 1 star review is that the cake itself was delicious, but it was nowhere near what I had asked and not a single aspect of any of the images I had sent as inspiration was used.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Natalie S

I first heard about Sassy Mama Sweets from several friends of ours. They couldn't say enough about these beautiful ladies. When my then-fiance and I went to the bakery to meet everyone, it was like we had been friends for 20 years. We laughed and chatted for hours. Several... Read More months before the wedding, we decided to change the design of our cake COMPLETELY, and they couldn't have been more accommodating. I can't imagine using anyone else for all future cake purchases and look forward to working with them again.

Sooooo delicious

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Marisa P

I first discovered Sassy Mama Sweets around my birthday in January. The first bite of the cupcake I had was amazing & I knew that I had found my new favorite cupcake shop (I'm VERY picky about cupcakes). When it came time to select who would do our wedding cake & cupcakes, I... Read More immediately knew who I wanted. Everything that they make is fresh & you can taste it. They are very flexible with flavors, etc. I also spent time with them just bouncing ideas around about our theme! I also decided to order our favors from them --- OMG their caramel corn is to die for! I can't say enough good things about these ladies. Just go down to their shop & eat some of their stuff because it's amazing!