Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

583 Witham Court, Gahanna, OH (614) 428-9741

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Brittany P

Not only was our cake delicious and picture perfect, but working with Michelle was easy and fun! She invited us into her home and gave us an incredible amount of patience and kindness and she described each one, possible combinations, and also got to learn our personal... Read More preferences. After providing her with a few Pinterest ideas she recreated it for us, only so much better. She would always respond to emails quickly and answered any question we had.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Hilary M

Michelle's cakes are some of the best ever, and that's coming from someone who doesn't typically enjoy sweets. Michelle made not only a tasty cake (seriously, I'm still getting guests who are telling me how much they enjoyed it) but also a cake that looked exactly how I... Read More envisioned it. When I walked into our reception room at the Athenaeum and saw the cake I was so happy she was able to make what I wanted come to life. We will definitely use Michelle again for upcoming anniversaries, birthdays or anything else that calls for cake!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Courtney O

My Mother, Father and then Fiance went to a cake tasting. When we left all four of us agreed that we didn't need to see anyone else she was friendly and her cakes were delicious! I tried her cakes in August 2015 and my wedding was in April 2016 I bragged about how wonderful her... Read More cake is. I don't like chocolate cake but hers I liked. Even after all that time the cake did not fail to satisfy. I even have pictures of people eating it in our photo-booth refusing to put it down!

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Lindsay M

I'm reviewing Sauer Cakes a year later, to again reinforce her lack of professionalism and doubts as to how she's still in business. She doesn't return phone calls, EVER, even after a disaster of communication right before our wedding last December and her finally apologizing... Read More after my not so nice feedback last year. We chose to work with Michelle because she provided an anniversary layer and we don't have the want to or the space to freeze cake for a year! I reached out to her 2-3 times in the weeks leading up to our anniversary in December and never got any response, AGAIN, just like the months leading up to our wedding. It's mid-January, our anniversary was 12/13, and I've STILL yet to hear back from her and left messages each time I've called. Beware!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Shannon F

For someone who makes such delicious cakes, she lacks professionalism. My fiance and I met with Michelle back in July. We were supposed to meet on a Sunday and a few days before she emailed me and asked us if we could come on a Saturday instead. No problem. We rearranged our... Read More schedule to go meet her on Saturday. We had a great meeting with her and the cakes were great. Michelle said that she would email us the contract two days later (on Monday). It is October 17th, 3 months from the date we met with her, and we still have not heard from her. I have made numerous attempts to reach out to her the past three months and have not received one email in return. Thankfully Bella Luna Cakes came to the rescue!

Delicious and beautiful cakes - such a pleasure!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Amy A

Michelle Sauer is, in my mind, the best baker around when it comes to cakes and cupcakes! My mom surprised us with one of her cakes at our engagement party back in December, and we were fortunate enough to meet her when she came to drop it off. Her rice paper flowers are so... Read More beautiful and unique, and the cake was delicious without being too sugary-tasting. We had the almond cake with chocolate ganache and red velvet cake with cream cheese, with buttercream on the outside. It was amazing! We tried other baker's samples at the Bridal Show the next month, and none could hold a candle to Michelle's cakes. We did a tasting with her, and everything was delicious. We subsequently scheduled a second one to select the flavors of our cake and cupcakes, and what a fun experience!! We selected 2 flavors for our cake (almond w/chocolate ganache and the red velvet, just like our engagement party cake), 5 different cupcakes (buckeye - chocolate filled with peanut butter, snickerdoodle - tastes JUST like the cookie!! - with a brown sugar/cinnamon frosting, vanilla with lemon curd filling, plain vanilla, and plain chocolate). She added the rice paper flowers in our colors, and even made sure all of the cupcakes were able to be identified by the flowers on top - which also matched the flowers/colors we were using in our arrangements/bouquets. She also used our cupcake liners and used the design on there as the design on our main cake. While she had a personal/family issue that came up that took some time away from her responsiveness for a while, she was absolutely a pleasure to deal with and very easy to work with to get what we wanted. The cupcake stand she used is perfect, and our whole setup was equally so. Another thing we loved is that for our 1 year anniversary, she will remake the one tier of our cake so we can enjoy it fresh :) My family is already thinking of the next event to hire Michelle for since we loved her and her cakes/cupcakes so much! Thank you Michelle for making our cake dreams come true!

Yum!

Reviewed on 12/23/2014 Lindsay M

We worked with the Athenaeum who has a list of preferred vendors to use, including Michelle. I looked through the list and the pricing and things per slice were all about the same, she stuck out to us by offering the complementary top layer for the anniversary and after the... Read More tasting we were sold. We had a unique design in mind and were excited that she was so excited to make our big, blingy peacock cake that would be the highlight of the center of our ballroom. She was respectful of budget and helped us plan the most affordable way to make this dream cake come true. We also had her do a birthday cake for my ring-bearer nephew for our rehearsal dinner. While her work is outstanding, her customer service is lacking. We had multiple issues with trying to communicate with Michelle by both phone and e-mail after booking with her and had to take it up to our venue to finally be able to get ahold of her since she is on their preferred vendor list. We finally got reassurance with a call from her 17 days before the wedding stating "everything was fine" with no actual apology for not returning any of our multiple e-mails or phone calls and she was the first to admit she is not good with returning calls. Not great impression, but everything did turn out fine as she promised. She made me feel silly for being so concerned when she had two cakes to deliver to us and I didn't have confirmation from her that she knew where to take our second cake for sure and if she would actually bring it when in one e-mail I offered to pick it up if the location would be too out of her way. An apology from her would have gone a long way, but we never actually got a legitimate one for all of the communication issues. All that aside, I heard the cake was delicious, the tasting was fun, and I'm looking forward to actually being able to eat the cake we missed out on next year for our anniversary. The things they tell you about not actually getting to eat any of the cake at your wedding is true!

Yum

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Erin C

Everything was perfect for our cake. Her flavors are unusual and delicious, she gave great guidance as far as how many tiers, how much cake, decorations, etc. She worked with my florist to facilitate a gorgeous cascade of fresh flowers down the side as well. We also wanted... Read More brownies (groom's favorite), and she was very accommodating and made great brownies as well. We are just sad because we were having so much fun dancing that we both forgot to eat ANY of it during the wedding. But for the win, we're eating our top tier currently and she's making us another cake for our anniversary (all included in the very reasonable price). Great to work with - highly recommend.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 amy b

Our cake was very delicious and looked just as we imagined it! As a bride, I don't think you could ask for much more!

Couldn't have asked for a better cake!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 LYNETTE H

We met Michelle Sauer at the Columbus Bridal Show. I fell in love with one of her display cakes and much to my delight, the cakes tasted as good as they looked! Michelle did an excellent job on our 5 tier wedding cake. For the cake design, we gave Michelle our invitation... Read More suite and simply asked her to incorporate those design elements into the cake. Our cake flavors were white almond with raspberry filling and white chocolate truffle & red velvet with cream cheese truffle. We also had a surprise groom's cake in the shape of the Dallas Cowboys star. The cake flavor was marble with milk chocolate truffle.

Exactly what we dreamed!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Jessica L

Thanks to Michelle with Sauer cakes she produced the perfect wedding cake I designed with a few added touches (of which she creatively proposed) and made the perfect cake for our wedding. My husband and I had a short engagement and she was very wonderful to work with both... Read More quickly and efficiently. The cake, icing, and filling was to die for and many of our guests complemented the cake selection. She has many varieties of flavors for cake, icing, or filling that I didn't even know existed or yet became such great pairings when put together. She is very talented in her work and takes the time to deliver the cake and set it up to ensure her product is going to be prefect for your day. The added bonus to her work is that couples receive a one year anniversary cake made by her instead of having to save wedding cake!!!!! I thought this was a wonderful touch to our contract. I could express enough how lucky we were to have worked with Michelle to make our day so special. Thanks again.

Delicious Frosting, Hard to Call

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Tricia

I love love loved Michelle - she was really personable and wonderful to work with. The cake was AMAZING, people are still raving about it a month after the wedding. The frosting in particular sold me - not too grainy, the perfect amount of sweet. She was one of our venue's... Read More preferred vendors, so we didn't have to pay an additional deposit for her services. However, she was really hard to get a hold of leading up to the wedding. Definitely email instead of call, I'm not sure she checks her voicemails.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Rose L

We LOVED our cake from Sauer Cakes. We got a strawberry filled, lemon cake. Michelle decorated it beautifully and it was delicious. She even delivered it for us which made things much less stressful for us and our families!

Amazing Cake!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Elisa M

We loved working with Michelle. She has such great ideas on the design and layouts. Her cakes taste so good! We had so many compliments throughout the night and still getting them. Everyone loved the cake so much that we had none leftover. Michelle did a fantastic job on... Read More creating my vision. The cake looked breathtaking! She couldn't have made a better cake!!

Michelle did excellent job!

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 danielle f

I am a bride to be for a wedding in New Orleans this fall. Needless to say, I've been trying lots of cakes. When it came to organizing a surprise 60th party for my Dad in Ohio, I asked a good friend who she used for her wedding cake. I called Michelle and sent her a copy of the... Read More invitation and a picture of a cake that I found online...when she came to deliver the cake on day of I was completely floored. She made the cake look like wood with all these tools on top and it tasted amazing. I had so many guests ask me for her information. I wish she had a business in New Orleans :) I hardly ever write reviews but she is 5+ stars so I had to!!!

Delicious

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Emily T

Michelle worked with us to find just what we wanted, and the result was beautiful and delicious!

Loved our Cake and Mini Desserts from Sauer Cakes!

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Lindsay S

Michelle is an absolutely amazing cake and dessert creator! She was so helpful in helping us decide different flavors and very easy to work with since we had other ideas then just the traditional wedding cake! We ended up doing a traditional cake for some and small desserts for... Read More the rest...cake balls, gnashes, and mini cones with baileys :) We got so many compliments and the actual cake presentation was beautiful! Would highly recommend Michelle and Sauer Cakes!!

Delicious cake!

Reviewed on 6/14/2014 Tara S

Michelle's cake is amazing. Everyone at our wedding loved it and the various cupcake flavors we chose. She was really helpful in responding to email and working with us over the phone as we were planning out of town. I loved all the little touches like the flowers on the... Read More cupcakes. Definitely recommend!

Have your cake and eat it too!

Reviewed on 5/26/2014

Michelle at Sauer Cakes was great. Our cake was absolutely delicious, and our guests were raving about it all night. She even went as far as to provide me a gluten free cupcake for our cutting after finding out I was intolerant. Thanks Sauer Cakes!

cake

Reviewed on 4/25/2014 Becky H

Michelle did a great job! The tasting with her was so much fun. and she was so easy to talk to and take suggestions about how we wanted the cake. Her cakes taste SO good. Some of our guests took seconds!

Great CAKE!

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Leigh

My husband does not like cake but he loved Michelle's cakes! She was so kind and easy to work with! I would definitely recommend her to anyone. Her cakes are wonderful and she is so accommodating! Anything you want, just ask!

Wonderful Service, Wonderful Cakes!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Casteel S

I could not have asked for better service or yummy cakes than I got from Sauer Cakes. As wedding planning got away from me, I realized relatively late in the game that I still needed cake for our big day and we didn't have much money left in the budget. I searched and searched... Read More and multiple venues were either unwilling to work with my budget or unwilling to allow me to do the set up I had planned. Until Sauer Cakes. From the first tasting through the day of the wedding Michelle was so nice and willing to help. She was never pushy and didn't try to oversell her services, but she offered to do little extra things that made a huge difference. And even more, her cakes were delicious! Strawberry Margarita and Buckeye were the yummy flavors we went with but they were all so good! Thanks Sauer Cakes for making our day so much more special!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 lauren w

Michelle did a fantastic job with our cake and cupcake combination. She was flexible and provided exactly what we envisioned. She was also extremely easy to work with!

Not only the BEST cake, but the BEST most special service!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Tricia W

I think when it comes to cake, I was of course wanting the best taste and the best appearance... Not only does Michelle make what I can honestly say (and our family and friends agreed) is the most DELICIOUS cake I have ever had, and the most beautiful, clean, perfect... Read More décor....but the added bonus is getting to meet and work with such a wonderful person. Michelle has been such a blessing and made not only my wedding, but now my big brother's wedding, very special! When my brother decided to have a small wedding with just family...we were only able to give Michelle FOUR DAYS notice! Instead of telling us we were crazy, she went out of her way to make us a wedding cake that was just gorgeous, and the Buckeye flavor was amazing! My brother and new wife got the most wonderful surprise, and would otherwise have had a cake-less wedding day. No matter what you are looking for, a "fun" theme cake like I chose, or a beautiful classic design like my brother....I would tell anyone to choose Sauer Cakes and know you will not be disappointed!

TO DIE FOR!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Heather H

My cake was STUNNING! Michelle is SO easy to work with, she is so sweet and so talented. How many times have you eaten a cake and it was dry, or the icing was hard? Ever actually tasted fondant? YUCK! she makes the smoothest, yet OH SO DELICIOUS buttercream frosting, and has the... Read More steadiest hand for fancy designs. I texted her a picture of the lace detail on my dress, she NAILED IT! can not recommend her enough!