Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1337 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL Chicago (312) 733-8881

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Maureen C

You may think to yourself, don’t all wedding cakes taste similar? Not when you order your wedding cake from Scafuri Bakery. During our cake tasting, the flavors were so amazing it was hard to decide. There were numerous cake options, fillings and frostings that allowed for a... Read More variety of combinations to choose from. The awesome benefit of working with Scafuri Bakery is that we were able to choose multiple cake flavors for our guests at no additional cost. We chose a vanilla cake with raspberry jam, red velvet cake with a cream cheese filling and, our favorite, a chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream (so good!). We even had guests sending us pictures later in the evening and the next day of them enjoying some of the leftover cake from the reception, raving about how delicious it was! On top of the cake flavors being mouth-watering, working with Kelly was what ultimately solidified our decision to order our wedding cake from Scafuri Bakery. She was kind and patient and truly worked to design a cake that met exactly what we envisioned. She even altered her cream cheese filling recipe slightly to make it more sweet than sour, just like my mother’s recipe. The cake looked absolutely beautiful with a coral ombre design and we couldn’t have been more pleased with everything Kelly did for us. To top it all off, the price was reasonable and Kelly handled everything the day of the wedding to ensure the cake arrived on time and in perfect condition. You won’t be disappointed if you order your wedding cake from Scafuri Bakery!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Meagan L

I spent a lot of time researching bakeries for our wedding cake and eventually decided to set up a tasting with Scafuri Bakery. We met with Kelly, who I loved immediately, and she walked us through their different flavours and fillings in her shop as well as design styles. We... Read More decided on a 4 tier buttercream vanilla cake with strawberry and balsamic caramel filling and I spent the next 8 months waiting to eat that cake because the tasting was so delicious! I wasn't entirely sure about the design I wanted on the cake and Kelly was really great and responsive via email with different ideas. When we walked into our reception and I saw the cake, I was completely blown away. It was more beautiful than I could've imagined and I was happy our guests enjoyed it as much as we did during our tasting. Scafuri's pricing is very fair when it comes to wedding cakes, which was the initial draw for us, but I would absolutely work with them again if I need a cake for another occasion.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Krysta R

Oh my god, the cake. It was so fabulous! It was beautiful and tasted amazing! I wish they didn't have to cut it up. Scafuri Bakery was exactly what we were looking for. In a sea of high priced Chicago bakeries, Scafuri is the standout family-owned, personal, friendly bakery. We... Read More spent our consultation session with Kelly and she was so accommodating and she spent so much time with us on every detail. We had a whole personalized package of cake and pastries and we received a ton of compliments! I couldn't say enough great things about this bakery!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Laura S

We used Scafuri Bakery for our September 2016 wedding cake and we were not disappointed. The free tasting was delicious and we got to try any combination you could think of before deciding what to order. We went with a vanilla cake with raspberry jam filling and a carrot cake... Read More with cream cheese filling and both were amazing. We even get a complimentary 1-year anniversary cake so that we don’t need to eat something that was frozen for a year. We definitely recommend Scafuri Bakery for your upcoming wedding!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

LOVED the 3 gorgeous cakes Scafuri made for my daughter's April wedding. Kelly and Amanda were wonderful to work with, and their products were delectable and perfect for the affair. (Their lemon ricotta cake is to die for!)

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

Kelly & Amanda were a dream to work with! They were so easy to work with and very responsive and had such great creative ideas to help us work within our budget. Our guests could not stop raving about the cake, which was not only incredibly delicious but beautiful works of art!... Read More I can't wait to find another reason to work with them and visit the bakery :)

Cake & Dessert bar

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Elizabeth G

In addition to creating a beautiful and delicious cake, Kelly created a custom dessert bar for our guests. She graciously accommodated our guests with allergies and everyone enjoyed the delicious desserts.

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Jacqueline K

The cake and cookies that we ordered for our wedding from Scafuri Bakery were beautiful and absolutely delicious. We were able to use some very unique flavor pairings in our cake tiers, including balsamic caramel and salted caramel with fresh fruits. We also had bags filled with... Read More lemon knot, pignoli, and butter cookies sandwiched with chocolate. Yum, yum, yum. The Italian buttercream frosting is delicious as it is not sickeningly sweet. I usually hate buttercream frostings but was so happy when we fell in love with the work of this bakery. Long live Scafuri, a wonderful part of our neighborhood.

Made my Dream Wedding Cake!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Cailin D

I wanted a chocolate wedding cake and Scafuri Bakery definitely delivered. I was able to taste and choose the cake and ganache I wanted on my cake. I did not have a clear picture of the decorative detail of the cake but I explained my general idea and they totally nailed it!!... Read More It was so beautiful and definitely my dream wedding cake. And it tasted delicious too! My husband likes vanilla cake so they also made vanilla sheet cakes. They surprised us by cutting and decorating a small heart shaped vanilla piece that we used at our cake table. It was a beautiful touch to our wedding.