Book Your Wedding with Senate Garage

Couples can take advantage of 7,500 square feet of raw, open space at Senate Garage in Kingston, New York. Built as a garage in 1921, the converted space offers an industrial modern appeal with some antique touches. The venue is surrounded by Senate House State Park, which offers four acres of luxuriant trees, colorful gardens and a well-manicured lawn area. Conveniently located in the Kingston Stockade district, this large venue can accommodate up to 450 guests for a cocktail reception or 280 guests for a sit-down dinner.

Outdoor Courtyard. Located in the historic colonial, the Outdoor Courtyard provides wonderful photo opportunities. An ideal place for an outdoor ceremony, a tent can also be set up in this space for additional reception space.

Garage. With ceilings over 12 feet high, concrete floors and brick walls, the Senate Garage provides an industrial, open feel. The garage door can be opened to let in fresh air during nice days and allow guests to move freely from the building to the grounds. This space can fit up to 450 guests or 280 seated guests.

A facilities manager is on hand during the events at the Senate Garage to make sure everything in the building is working properly during the event. A day-of coordinator can be arranged for an additional fee. The venue is available for setting up at 9 a.m. the day of the event and events must end by midnight. Events in the Outdoor Courtyard must end by 11 p.m. Pricing is based on the amount of guests and there is an additional flat fee for rental of the Outdoor Courtyard in Senate House State Park for the wedding ceremony and additional reception space.

Catering of events held at Senate Garage are provided exclusively by Bridge Creek Catering. Meals are prepared in the on-site industrial kitchen so they are fresh when served. The full-service caterer includes non-alcoholic beverages, rentals and a full-service staff with the price of the meals.

Senate Garage is a raw space, so the to-be-weds can decorate it to their tastes. Six gallery walls line the building, four of which have a wall-hanging system to accommodate decorations. The exposed ceilings also facilitate hanging decorations. Other special perks of Senate Garage include the following.

• Heat and air conditioning for comfortable receptions in all seasons
  • Lounge with vintage decor and furniture for use as a bridal suite or extra reception space
  • Private bathroom in the lounge

Industrial meets Historic in the Hudson Valley

Built in the early 1900’s as a parking garage for dignitaries, Senate Garage is a modernized industrial icon of brick & steel. Surrounded by the beautiful gardens and colonial setting of the Senate House State Park, our venue is completely unique and able to accommodate both indoor and outdoor events. Senate Garage is just 90 miles north of New York City, in the beautiful Hudson Valley. Senate Garage weddings start at $38,000 for 150 guests with the most popular options. This includes venue, staffing, food, alcohol and rentals. Tax and gratuity not included.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Historic Venue, Park

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

4 N. Front St., Kingston, NY (845) 802-5900

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Caitlin P

Senate Garage was absolutely amazing for our September wedding. My husband and I booked the space roughly 16 months before our wedding day. April and Judy are easy to work with and help your wedding vision become a reality. They are both great communicators, which helps... Read More immensely. April went out of her way to be there for us on our wedding day, and we so appreciated it. We had our ceremony outside on the Senate House lawn, which was a bit of a pain to plan, but April did everything she could to make the process go smoothly. The space is stunning, and I cannot imagine having our celebration anywhere else! Thank you Senate Garage!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Brittany R

We had our dream wedding at the Senate Garage in early November 2017! The venue is absolutely stunning inside and out, set in a great location in uptown Kingston NY, and has an incredible staff that made our experience there as pleasant and stress-free as it could be. My husband... Read More and I toured and booked the Senate Garage about two years before our wedding date after falling in love with the rustic decor and intimate atmosphere. While we were on top of our game booking the venue, our wedding planning efforts didn't really kick in until a few months before the big day. All I have to say is thank goodness for the help of the Senate Garage's wedding coordinator, April! Her engagement with us, attention to detail, and willingness to help in any way possible made the weeks leading up to the wedding a lot less stressful than they otherwise would have been. With years of experience and hundreds of events under her belt, April helped us craft the perfect evening for our wedding day and the whole event went off without a hitch...well, just one hitch ;) Looking back I feel so blessed to have gotten married at the Senate Garage in such a beautiful, industrial, romantic space. We've heard nothing but exceptional reviews from all of our guests and we could not offer a stronger recommendation for any couple considering this venue for their special day. Takeaways: Book the Senate Garage if you want an industrial, romantic venue (you really don't even need much decor since the walls are already stunning!), start working with April as soon as possible - she will help you create the wedding of your dreams.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Rikki G

We had our wedding at the Senate Garage last October and working with their team was a breeze! The space is absolutely beautiful and super unique - our guests were floored! They're always updating, too, so it was really exciting to finally get in there! Their rates are great.... Read More They have a caterer they're already partnered with for food and rentals, which was smooth, but did restrict you on finding additional wiggle room on budgets.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Leah W

I am so incredibly thankful that we chose the Senate Garage as our wedding venue. It was the first and last one we saw. I knew that when we met April that we would have a partner truly invested in making our event a success. At our first viewing, April took us through the... Read More beautiful space, and it felt like home- lofty yet intimate, industrial yet cozy. We loved the velvet bridal suite, and they purchased the gorgeous wrap around bar soon after we booked, which was such an amazing added bonus. When we learned that there was a built in catering service, we were intrigued! When we read the reviews of Bridge Creek, we were IN. Two massive things off the list right away! April was so helpful and responsive to my many many questions. She connected us with some great vendors (sound, transportation, music) and was supportive when we asked if we could do things that hadn't been done in the space before (using benches, a small fire during the ceremony). Judy, the owner, is also incredible. During a moment of high stress, Judy was warm, logical, and meticulous. She and April solved the problem seamlessly and no one was the wiser at the wedding. The night of the wedding there were a few questions that needed answering and April approached at the right moments so that we could enjoy the night to the very fullest, but also make sure everything got done. I am so thankful that we worked together and would do it all again the same way. Thank you so much, Senate Garage team!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Heidi G

My daughter and son-in-law were married at the Senate Garage this fall, and the venue was perfect. It had the "industrial chic" vibe they were aiming for, but also had all the comforts that make a wedding run smoothly and the guests and wedding party comfortable, such as an... Read More indoor bridal suite, climate control, indoor bathrooms, flat floor, long aisle to walk down, comfortable chairs for ceremony and reception, etc. The venue can be dressed up or down, and we made an elegant black tie event, which looked fabulous in contrast to the industrial elements in the room. Judy (the owner) and April (the manager) are two of the nicest, most knowledgeable and most helpful people you could ever meet and work with. They went above and beyond for us to do everything to make the wedding everything my daughter and I wanted and more. We received many compliments on our choice of venue. Run, don't walk to check out the Senate Garage!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Grace V

Choosing to have my reception at the Senate Garage was one of the best and easiest wedding decisions I made. From walking in the gorgeous garage doors to tour the venue the first time to exiting the venue as husband and wife, Doug and I felt so incredibly privileged to host our... Read More special day in such an incredible venue surrounded by the most incredible catering team and team and staff. The Senate Garage was so accommodating and flexible throughout the entire year of planning and we can't thank you enough for everything!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Mark Anthony V

I wish we could say that WE were the stars of our wedding, but we’d be kidding ourselves. Our guests couldn’t stop raving about the beauty and charm of the VENUE! We had been looking for the perfect venue for weeks, but we knew from the first moments stepping into the Senate... Read More Garage that this was the place for us. It’s a beautiful blend of vintage charm with modern flourishes, and it perfectly matched our personal style, and the vision we had for our wedding. The spacious layout would work beautifully with a variety of floorplans, and our 100 guest wedding still managed to feel intimate without being cramped - and there was plenty of room for dancing! Having our ceremony and cocktail hour out on the Senate House grounds right around sunset was absolutely magical. Our experience with April and Judy at the Senate Garage couldn’t have been better. From our initial tour of the space up until the very last moments of our wedding, we had their full help and guidance in a supportive yet not intrusive way. Every need was anticipated and thoughtfully provided. We’d highly recommend this amazing venue

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Vasthy M

What do I say? Perfect is not a word I use often. But a month ago, when we were married at the Senate Garage, that is the only word that comes to mind. From the day we decided to have our wedding there until the day we left, we were treated with the utmost respect and... Read More attention. We did not have to worry about a thing. They know what they are doing. They were always 10 steps ahead of us and for my very busy fiance and I, that was needed. The venue is magical. It feels high class, but at the same time has a homey feel. Our guests are still raving about it. I highly recommend booking this venue for your day. You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Emily B

Exceptional experience from beginning to end. I cannot speak highly enough of April. The level of communication, kindness and support through the entire process made everything so easy! Judy is a wonderful owner and I am so thrilled to have had my special day at their venue.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Jeff B

I am the father of a very happy bride who (quoting my daughter) just had her fairy tail wedding come true at Senate Garage. All evening she was apprehensive that something would go wrong, it never came to pass because of the professionals she was working with. From my... Read More perspective, the formula for a perfect wedding is to start with Senate Garage at their incredible space in the heart of Uptown Kingston. April and Judy know what they are doing and guided our kids through every step of the way. Additionally, as they have done this once or twice before, they know potential areas for stress and can direct you accordingly. Next, add in Bridge Creek Catering with Jessica handling every aspect of your catering needs. Food allergies and special diets were handled easily. Together the dynamic team of Senate Garage and Bridge Creek Catering made the evening seamless, all flowed well and made my daughter and son-in-law incredibly happy. If they were happy, all the parents were happy. My next suggestion for a stress free wedding might not be popular with some out there, but we felt that by leaving the planning to our daughter and her fiancé, all would come together more easily. Yes I know the parents are writing the checks, but it is not the parents wedding, it's their kids. Leave control to those that are getting married and participate only when asked. For the catering, event space team and all the outside vendors, having one point of contact and one final voice to make a decision will free everyone else to have a good time. Set a budget you are comfortable with and let bride and groom work with the Senate Garage's experienced team to make their dream evening come true. This formula worked well for us.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Jennifer B

Here's what you need to know as a prospective Senate Garage bride. The venue is stunning with a beautiful bar, bridal suite and even the bathrooms are lovely. The banquet hall is modern, chic and everyone at our wedding was really impressed with the place. The team is attentive... Read More and the exclusive caterer bridge creek is amazing with delicious food! The venue was $4500 for our day when we booked, and that does not include the outside. (My understanding is prices will change in the future.) Also, the caterer is great, but you may want a quote upfront as they are the biggest cost. The outside grounds come at cost of an additional $600 including alcohol permit, required security guard and event fee. There are a lot of forms and contractual rules that come with the venue, particularly outside - so if you are looking for a more no-holds-bar celebration this may be worth checking into up front. It's a lot of planning, but all in all the venue is beautiful and we had a spectacular day - made possible by such a gorgeous location and a team of complete pros.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Scott G

Senate Garage is the best kept secret for wedding venues, plain and simple. Not only was it a beautiful, open space with just the right amount of rustic charm for our wedding, but it also let us tread that thin line between having enough room for dancing while also leaving... Read More enough space for guests to have a conversation at their tables without being drowned out. While the location is fantastic, what's even more impressive is the TEAM. April is a god-send. She kept us calm and collected throughout the planning process, was responsive, willing to speak after hours, and made things so SO easy for us on the actual day of. We're so happy that we chose this venue, and could not imagine our wedding anywhere else.

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Vanessa T

Our wedding was on August 12 at the Senate Garage. We were looking for a unique venue that would be a different experience for our guests. Looking back, I can't imagine our wedding anywhere else. It is a blank space and we did a ton of DIY so it required a lot of work. They... Read More were so accommodating and let us drop off items on Friday (since there were no scheduled events). April was amazing. She was always available and made sure things ran smoothly on the big day. I received so many compliments from our guests. Everyone could not believe how unique and beautiful the venue was. The Senate House was the perfect backdrop for our ceremony. It photographed amazing and I can't wait to see the professional pictures. Bridge Creek Catering was the required caterer, and I am so was pleased with them. Jessica was wonderful, and was always available for any questions or concerns. She was an essential part of the team. I will look back on that day with the fondest of memories. I am so happy I chose the Senate Garage.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Melanie R

We just got married this July and we could not have asked for a better reception. April was very helpful in helping coordinate our big day throughout the process. Jessica at Bridge Creek Catering was a pleasure to work with as well. The food was excellent and her whole team... Read More made sure the event went smoothly. We were looking for a unique venue and the Senate Garage checked all the boxes. We can't recommend this place enough!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Alex Z

We had our wedding at The Senate Garage on July 8th 2017 and it was the most perfect day. April was super amazing and helped us to make sure our special day went off without a hitch. Day of, April helped to coordinate all of our vendors, and ensure everything was just as we had... Read More discussed. I highly recommend the Senate Garage. We received so many comments from our guests about how much they loved the space and how unique it was. Thank you April and Senate Garage! - Suzy & Toby

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Nicole C

The senate garage is an amazing wedding venue! Judy and April were such a pleasure to work with throughout the whole planning process. We got endless compliments on how beautiful and unique this venue was. It is a completely blank slate for you to do anything with and to get as... Read More creative as you want. We had about 200 people at our wedding and the space was very comfortable with a large space for dancing and extra space around the bar. This venue is really an experience for your guests, from the moment they walk in, there are so many interesting things to see and appreciate. We had our cocktail hour outside under a tent and the guests really loved the outdoor space, it was perfect for a cocktail hour spread out throughout the senate house grounds. There is a bridal suite that can be open to guests for lounging or can be closed and kept private for the bridal party; we chose to keep the curtain closed and it was perfect! We loved having a space to get a way for a few minutes. This venue is really something special , and will give you a gorgeous backdrop for photos and beautiful lighting inside with the way the sun shines through the windows. If you want something a little different and unique yet classy and simply beautiful, this is the place for you!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Liora T

There is not enough room here to adequately express what a wonderful wedding we had at Senate Garage. The final product was really indicative of the time and effort that Judy and April put into making the day so perfect for us. I initially did not think having a Kosher/Orthodox... Read More wedding at Senate Garage was going to be possible but Judy went above and beyond to make that happen for us. April was always so helpful along the way answering any questions I had and helping us through any issues that arose. April and Judy truly wanted our wedding day to be special and unique. I think the venue itself speaks for itself. It's beautiful, historic and one-of-a-kind. From the moment I saw the pictures online I knew I had found what I was looking for (and looking for and looking for). After months of details and planning the day itself turned out exactly as we had imagined and that was in large part due to April and Judy's efforts (as well as our coordinator Kate Arel of A Charmed Affair). Judy was there to the last minute of our wedding even directing us and our guests to the after-party location! In short, Senate Garage really is the full package and the cherry on top is getting to work with Judy and April to plan your event.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Jillian T

I honestly wish I could give this venue more than five stars! First off, the space is breathtaking. All of my wedding guests were mesmerized by how gorgeous the venue was. Add onto that the fact that everyone is so incredibly easy to work with, and there is no better wedding... Read More venue around. April and Judy, thank you so much for making my dream wedding come to life! If I had to do it all over again, I would pick the Senate Garage every time!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Rick B

Sharp, unique venue with a pleasant, professional team. We had difficulty finding the right venue and team to work with, until we found Senate Garage. About 15 mins into our first visit we had pretty much made up our minds. April, who was the lead, was an absolute pleasure to... Read More work with. She had a positive attitude throughout, was solution oriented and showed that she actually cared about our wedding. She was very knowledgable about the area and local vendors as well as which came up huge for us. April and Judy (the owner) treated us like family throughout the process. During the wedding weekend, they were outstanding. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience and we’re hoping we made some friends out of this experience because the team at Senate Garage are simply good people. And the venue is absolutely gorgeous, spacious and our guests were very impressed and enjoyed the space very much. We were lucky to get in when we did because this venue seems poised to take off in popularity. You’ll have an excellent and memorable experience.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Rachel M

For the second year in a row, my nonprofit organization hosted its Gala & Auction at the Senate Garage. We could not be happier with the results. Each person we worked with was extremely professional and courteous. I particularly like the partnership with Bridge Creek Catering.... Read More They have a great team, and they take care of food, beverages, and rentals. It makes event planning such a breeze to have only two contact people for all your needs! We use the space for 175-200 guests with audience seating, table seating, and cocktail tables, plus an area for silent auction. We also host an honorary segment that uses the screen and projector, which is perfectly situated in the room to accommodate a stage and podium. Both years we have received rave reviews from guests. The Senate Garage will make any event--regardless of budget--feel contemporary and elegant. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Josh P

We had our wedding at the Senate Garage in May, 2017 and could not have been happier. From our planning and execution with April at the venue to our tastings and final buffet setup with Jessica at Bridge Creek Catering, our event was absolutely perfect. We had an outdoor... Read More ceremony and cocktail hour with the Senate House as a backdrop and then went inside for a wonderful dinner and reception. We used the in-house projector for a short video which our guests loved, and spent time with Judy and April during the wedding just because we kept wanting to tell them what a great time we were all having! The space is beautiful, and from booking to planning to celebrating, the entire process was flawless! We loved the Senate Garage!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Nicole P

We had our wedding at The Senate Garage in October 2016 and it was the most perfect day. April and Judy were amazing and helped to make sure our special day went off without a hitch. Day of, April helped to coordinate all of our vendors, and ensure everything was just as we had... Read More discussed. I highly recommend the Senate Garage. We received so many comments from our guests about how much they loved the space and how unique it was. Thank you Senate Garage! -Nicole & Ryan

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Kathryn E

What an incredible venue! We had the great fortune of finding the Senate Garage when it first opened and were able to book our wedding 5 months later. We first met the owners who showed us the venue and we fell in love. It is unique and you can make the space truly reflect you... Read More as a couple. It does involve more work but the result was totally worth it. They have a projector so we had a photo slideshow going during the wedding which was a really cool and personal touch. April was so helpful in making herself available to come and see the space and working with our wedding planner on logistics. It’s a perfect space that can comfortably hold a very large group but also not feel empty with a smaller one. The bridal suite is also special with vintage furniture and a private bathroom. We rented the outdoor grounds through the Senate House and had our ceremony outdoors under a tent. The grounds are beautiful and the old stone buildings and trees make for a truly incredible setting and amazing pictures. Our guests were blown away and we had the most perfect wedding at the Senate Garage.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Nick D

My husband and I recently had our wedding at The Senate Garage, and we could not have asked for a better venue. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider booking the Garage: April T. is fantastic as the event coordinator, and will do anything to make your day perfect;... Read More the space is essentially a blank canvas for you to decorate as you please for your day; it's spacious yet not cavernous; you can also book the adjacent Senate House grounds for additional outside space; and it's situated in the heart of downtown Kingston with its great shops and restaurants. The Garage is a great alternative to what we called "wedding factories," so if you're looking for something more unique as we were, I encourage you to make an appointment to see this space.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Melissa G

We had our wedding at the Senate Garage in August and it was truly wonderful. We were married outside in the Senate House grounds and had cocktails outside, and the reception was inside. The Senate Garage is a great space with a lot of different options to utilize. We were... Read More so happy with how everything turned out!