Class, Creativity, and Custom Arrangements

Combining the talented and trained sounds of two CCM graduates, this blend of guitar and violin will create the perfect soundtrack to your special day. The Seven Hills String Duo provides all of the standard wedding repertoire and specializes in custom arrangements of any song that helps define your relationship!

Cincinnati, OH (740) 398-8606

If perfection had another name...

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

From the minute I first spoke with Ben I KNEW he would be a great fit for us. He was nothing less than pleasant and professional. I explained to him what I was looking for along with my special requests and he took that and made it happen. Being the Bride I didn't get to enjoy a... Read More lot of what he played because I was hidden :) but all of our friends and family had nothing but wonderful compliments to say. I tend to be overly anxious about things, especially my own wedding, and want to have control, but one thing I didn't have to worry about was this. He was early, dressed sharp and took care of himself, leaving us no stress as it came to music. He turned my wedding ceremony into exactly what I was looking for - romantic, classy and on point! I would most definitely recommend him to ANYONE and already have! I can't thank him enough!

2016-07-11T10:45:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the glowing review, Alayna!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Kristen D

I found Seven Hills String Duo on the knot's website when I was searching for musicians that could play at my cocktail hour at my reception at Drees Pavilion. We planned on having a DJ play our actual reception but wanted a different feel for the cocktail hour. The cocktail hour... Read More was located outside. I fell in love with the samples of modern music with the classic sound of the violin and guitar playing together. They truly took our cocktail hour to the next level by having gorgeous music for guests to listen to. They brought an amplification system so that the music could be easily heard outside- which was great. I would highly recommend seven hills string duo for a cocktail hour or for any wedding related event!

2016-09-07T09:52:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Kristen! You were such an effortless client and we really enjoyed playing at your cocktail hour. Best wishes to your marriage and future life together!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 karlie s

I would rate more than 5 stars if it were possible. Benjamin was such a pleasure to work with. He was incredibly responsive. Not to mention genuine and so nice every time we would speak! He was pliable in working with my budget and was more than happy to do the songs we picked,... Read More and helped figure out the little details with them. And most importantly, the music was absolutely breathtaking. I was about to walk down the aisle and heard the music and it was so hauntingly lovely. If you want professionalism, someone who is obviously passionate about what they do, and the prettiest music at your wedding - hire Benjamin.

2015-10-28T07:56:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Karlie! Your wedding was such a beautiful ceremony, and I can't say enough about the personal LOTR touches (so cool!). I wish you and Nathan all the best and hope to see you both around Cincy!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Kristen W

We had a wonderful experience with the Seven Hills String Duo. All of our guests absolutely loved the music during the ceremony and at our cocktail hour. They played exactly what we wanted and made our day perfect. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for music!

2017-06-11T09:19:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the review, Kristen! Best wishes to your new life together :)

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Molly H

Seven Hills String Duo played during our ceremony at the Bell Event Centre and were fantastic! I communicated with Ben and he was very professional and quick to respond. His song list had a variety of traditional and alternative songs that we loved. We received so many... Read More compliments on how well they played and the songs they performed. Highly recommend!!

2017-05-14T20:31:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Molly! Best wishes to your new future together :)

Reviewed on 1/23/2017

The Seven Hills String Duo was perfect for our event and true professionals. Benjamin was very easy to work with and delightful onsite. Hosting a formal dinner can sometimes feel stuffy but Benjamin and the Seven Hills String Duo made the evening fun and exciting while keeping... Read More the tone formal. Thank you for an amazing evening!

2017-01-26T08:11:47 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words, Jacqueline!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Simón S

We were so pleased to have the Duo provide music for our ceremony. Ben was extremely helpful and easy to get a hold of in the lead-up to our wedding. Their repertoire is wide-ranging and took a lot of stress out of finding the "perfect music" for every moment and the custom... Read More arrangement was excellent. We were pleased and so were our guests. A substitute violinist played due to a scheduling conflict but we were given plenty of advance notice and he played beautifully. In short: The Seven Hills String Duo makes it easy and stress-free to have beautiful live music that enhances your special day. Ben has an innate sense of how to make things easier for the very busy and stressed couple and is always cheerful. I'd recommend them to anyone!

2017-01-15T19:49:22 Response from the vendor

Endless thanks for your kind words, Simón! It was a pleasure to play for your ceremony, and I wish you and your bride all the best :)

Reviewed on 1/04/2017

Ben and Suzanne were phenomenal! I was the matron of honor in my best friend's wedding and helped her in finding musicians for her wedding. They were absolutely perfect for her intimate wedding. The guests were complimenting them throughout the evening. They were on time,... Read More professional, talented and a perfect addition to a beautiful evening . I would not hesitate to recommend them!! Wonderful live musicians are such a treat. Thanks Ben!

2017-01-05T17:06:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, Wendy! We really appreciate you finding and recommending us for Cindi's wedding :)

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Lindsey B

The Seven Hills String Duo was everything we expected and more. Ben was so easy to work with and very responsive to messages. We changed things around a few times and the duo didn't miss a beat. They were very professional and didn't need any direction from us the day of. Their... Read More sound system was great; crisp and clear even for an outdoor wedding. They also set up a mic for the minister for a very nominal fee. I would definitely recommend the SHSD for any wedding!

2016-11-07T15:35:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Lindsey! Best wishes to your future together :)

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Kristen U

Benjamin and Suzanna performed for our wedding ceremony and they did an absolute perfect job. I mean just, WOW. The really cool thing was that they have a package available where you can choose a song (that may not be on their already long list of traditional/modern options) and... Read More they will learn and perform it! And when it came time for me to walk down the aisle and they started playing... I had to hold back the tears. It was really well done. I would highly recommend them to anyone! Easy to work with and very reasonably priced.

2016-09-26T11:20:19 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words, Kristen! We're so glad that our music brought such joy to your day. Best wishes for the future!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016

I was fortunate enough to be the mother of the bride 3 times this year, and learned a lot about vendors. I can say without hesitation, you will not find a more talented, open and kind pair than Eddy and Ben. The had young children in awe, women swooning and literally made a... Read More grown man cry. The wedding was beautiful with a great element of joy and fun. Ben jumped on board and helped set that stage. You won't be disappointed! We were able to preview them around town in a few venues. Enjoy!

2016-09-07T09:50:45 Response from the vendor

Congratulations on all of the weddings this year and thank you for asking us to be a part one, Jeannine. We wish you and your family all the best!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016

If you need a tasteful and musically gifted string band for your wedding, look no further. The String Duo performed at our wedding this month and were exactly what we were looking for. They took our request of mixing pop (cocktail hour) music with classical selections... Read More (ceremony) to make our day special and one to remember. They provided the sound system which took so much stress away from the planning and preparation process. I would highly recommend this group as Ben is a reliable and professional person who made the planning process easy and painless. We had so many positive comments from guests during and after the event. You will not regret hiring these guys!

2016-07-28T16:58:36 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words, Eric! It was our pleasure, and we wish you all the best with your new married life :)

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Kate B

Benjamin and Eddy did an absolutely phenomenal job with our ceremony! The music created the perfect romantic atmosphere, and Ben was so helpful in recommending songs for our procession. They were flexible and helped plan a surprise song for the groom's mother which went off... Read More perfectly. They were professional and fun, and included my younger cousins in the cocktail hour. We can't recommend them enough!

2016-07-20T09:32:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for hiring us and being such a fantastic couple with your fun ideas and great communication. We wish you all the best, Kate :)

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Meredith L

After searching for bands for the ceremony and cocktail hour, I stumbled upon the Seven Hills String Duo. From the samples on their website, I knew that I had to book them for our wedding. Ben and Jack were so awesome to work with, and even survived the torrential downpour after... Read More the ceremony with smiles on their faces! Their music was so beautiful and exactly what we were hoping for!

2016-07-14T09:39:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind review, Meredith! We wish you all the love and happiness with your marriage and the future :)

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Ashley M

Benjamin and Jack did such an amazing job at our wedding! They played during our ceremony and cocktail hour. The music was so beautiful, we had guests complimenting them all night. They arranged two custom songs for us and performed them seamlessly. If you are considering... Read More booking Seven Hills String Duo you will be glad you did!

2016-07-11T10:43:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words, Ashley! It was a pleasure to be a part of your day and we wish you all the best with your new married life :)

Reviewed on 4/30/2016

We had Benjamin Thomas and his jazz band perform at our wedding reception and WOW! Easily one of the best parts of our day. They were happy to prepare a couple of original arrangements for us and each one sounded amazing. Benjamin was friendly and proactive - we wish all our... Read More vendors had been so easy to work with.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Ben and Eddy were an invaluable part of our ceremony. Their arrangements added such warmth and personality to our favorite songs that would have been missing with an iPod and a set of speakers. They are also extremely professional -- Ben was prompt and courteous in our email... Read More correspondence. We were so lucky that they could perform during our special day, and as a professional event planner (outside of my own wedding) I hope to work with them for future events.

2015-10-27T10:25:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Caitlin! We loved preparing and playing your custom arrangements (the Wilco tune was especially fun), and participating in such a fun and joyous ceremony. I hope to work again with you soon!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Andi S

Ben and Eddy are incredibly talented and professional musicians, and I could not be happier that we chose them to perform at our ceremony and cocktail hour! Music has always been an important part of our lives (my dad plays guitar and my husband played violin), so Ben and Eddy... Read More were the first vendor we booked after booking the venue. Ben was extremely responsive, flexible, and easy to work with throughout the planning process. They have an expansive song list to choose from, and they even are willing to custom arrange songs if you have any special requests. I also hired a videographer, who recorded a few of their songs for our wedding video. I had tears in my eyes when I heard the songs I didn’t get an opportunity to hear during the ceremony and cocktail hour. They have such a beautiful sound. We received so many compliments from our guests on our music, and I highly recommend Ben and Eddy!

2015-09-02T21:32:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the kind words, Andi! Your family was so kind to us and we had a great time playing at your ceremony and cocktail hour. And I'm so glad the videographer caught a few tunes for you to hear :) I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Lauren M

I, unfortunately, didn't have the pleasure of meeting and enjoying their music, but everyone raved about their awesome sound! Ben played exactly what we asked him to and I can't wait to hear it on our video! Awesome job, guys!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Ashley S

Benjamin Thomas did a wonderful job performing the ceremony and cocktail hour music at my wedding. Several guests remarked that the string duo was a beautiful choice and so lovely for an outdoor ceremony. I thought the music Benjamin Thomas selected for the cocktail hour was... Read More just perfect. I am so happy they were able to play for my wedding at Ault Park!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Rachel S

There is really only one thing to say....these musicians are AMAZING. We chose them for our ceremony music and I would do it 1000x over if I could. They were very easy to work with, prompt and on time, very little preparation needed from us, and their music is beautiful.... Read More Absolutely worth every penny. I would recommend them to everyone who asks without hesitation. You will not regret choosing Benjamin Thomas String Duo!!

Wonderful, personal touch for ceremony

Reviewed on 5/18/2015 Megan M

I cannot imagine my ceremony without this string duo! They are the perfect choice for a traditional sound without a too formal feel! I wish that I had gotten to hear them play more, as I was in hiding most of their time. Many guests told me that they really enjoyed their... Read More music while waiting for the ceremony to begin. They created the most amazing and sweet ambiance for the ceremony. The custom arrangements were the perfect personal touch to our ceremony- I was absolutely blown away!! Benjamin was always so prompt and professional in his correspondence- he was a pleasure to work with!

Awesome

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Vanessa M

Benjamin was so great to work with. He answered all of questions in record time and is such a nice person! He has a great talent and the music was just the extra touch I needed to complete my wedding! He accommodated every request and is a pleasure to work with! Highly... Read More recommended!

Amazingly Talented

Reviewed on 4/20/2015

We used Benjamin Thomas String Duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were so easy to work with and did an excellent job! We spoke over the phone once to discuss what genre of music we were looking for and they hit it right on the mark. The music at the ceremony and the... Read More cocktail hour worked well together without feeling like a repeat of each other. We had a special request for a very non-traditional song and they made it happen. The guest loved it and added great energy to the event. I would recommend them to anyone!

Extraordinary Musicianship, Nicest Guys!

Reviewed on 4/12/2015

The first time I met Ben & Eddy they went above and beyond to help me in a jam. From time to time, I sing wedding ceremonies for my close friends and family members. On this one particular occasion the guitarist I had lined up had to cancel on me 2 days before the wedding. In a... Read More panic, I frantically started making calls and as luck would have it I was pointed in the direction of Ben and Eddy, complete strangers to me at the time, they agreed to learn all of the music and play my friends wedding in less than 2 days. They did it with grace and a genuine kindness that is matched only by their extraordinary musicianship. Since that first wedding, I have had the pleasure of collaborating with them in 2 other weddings. As a novice vocalist, it gives me so much comfort knowing that they are there to accompany me. Their ability to play a wide range of musical styles and create arrangements that capture the vision of the bride and groom is unparalleled. They are absolutely my first and ONLY call for any performance needs. I adore them as individuals and artists!