$$$$ – Expensive

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Organic, Sugar Free

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

#1 Choice for Wedding Cake!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Christine P

I had never tasted Shantal's cakes before, but I had seen nothing but rave reviews about her work so I knew hiring her to create my wedding cake was a no-brainer! And boy what a great decision that was. Shantal was very easy to work with and made sure to listen to my requests... Read More for my cake design. I wanted bling and I sure got bling on my cake! Shantal is also very reliable; brides know how frustrating it is to have to stay on top of your vendors to make sure everything is done in a timely manner, but I had zero worry about Shantal. She kept in touch with me through every step of the process. When I saw my cake, I was blown away. It was everything I wanted and more. Bling to the max! Very professional and great quality. And the cake itself? DELICIOUS!!! Perfect blend of ingredients (high quality, might I add....you can really taste the difference)! I got her classic vanilla buttercream and it was a great choice. I had several guests compliment to me how gorgeous they thought my cake was and how incredibly delicious it was as well. I got to take the tier that we cut home and froze part of it for our 1 year anniversary and I simply cannot wait to eat it again! Thank you Shantal for your professionalism and incredible work.

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Christine K

So many good things to say about Shakar Bakery and Shantal the owner/baker. Shantal made an amazing 3 layer cake for my fiance and his sister's birthday 10/2012- Nightmare Before Christmas-themed vanilla cake with chocolate ganache and top layer pumpkin flavor muffin/cupcake... Read More with cinnamon frosting. After a lot of back and forth messaging (due to picky eaters and ever-changing ideas for the look of the cake and event date- she was so understanding, patient, and easy to work with) we ended up with the most delicious, moist cake made with free-range eggs and grass-fed cow milk and butter. Shantal was so accommodating to my fiance's request that the cake not have very much fondant on top, that she re-designed the cake to figure out how to keep it moist while still using the smallest amount of fondant. However, after tasting the fondant she had used for decorating, it was so delicious, we wished there had been more! Note to self for next time, definitely go with her suggestions. I was so happy communicating with her throughout the design process and eating the final cake- YUM! Everyone at the party loved the cake and my fiance really enjoyed having his own personal pumpkin muffin on top. For my bridal shower 3/2013 Shakar Bakery set up a sweet table. Once, again, I was so very impressed with Shakar Bakery- the sweet table went so so perfectly with the orange and white theme of the shower. I was also able to pick up the cellophane bags from Shantal ahead of time so I could add personalized stickers to them. I'm so glad I ordered extra candies and chocolate covered oreos- there was pretty much nothing left of the candies and oreos by the end of the shower. Success! Finally, I went back to Shakar Bakery once again in 9/2013, this time for cupcakes for my fiance's birthday. Once again, flavor and presentation went above and beyond our expectations- flavors I ordered were: Chocolate Dulce De Leche, Red Velvet, Classic Chocolate, Orange Blossom, Peanut Butter, and Dark Chocolate Guinness. Each one was better than the one before it. So moist and delicious. We look forward to doing business with Shakar Bakery again and again in the future!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Laura K

We ordered our wedding cake from Shakar Bakery for our June 27, 2015 wedding. It was Such a pleasure to work with Shantal. She was so patient and truly delivered exactly what I envisioned and more. We chose Lemon zest and dulce de lece, both delicious, but Lemon zest was my... Read More favorite !! Highly recommend Top quality Hope to work with you again soon!!

2015-08-07T16:01:30 Response from the vendor

thank you! Your entire order was absolutely breathtaking! thanks for trusting me with your design!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015

As good as it gets! Hired Shakar Bakery to make a cake for my daughters birthday and baptism. Each cake was perfect. Delivered exactly what she said she would and beyond. The cakes tasted so good. One layer was decadent and the other light and sweet. Her price was affordable... Read More and her service was great!! Will definitely use her services again.

2015-08-07T16:01:42 Response from the vendor

thank you for being such a loyal customer! :)

Art Deco Chandelier

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Sella K

I really wanted a different type of cake for my wedding. I think the only thing I told Shantal was upside art deco lol. She filled in the rest. I gave her full creative control because I trusted her. Everyone loved the cake at the wedding and it tasted AMAZING! Thank you... Read More Shantal for everything!

2015-08-07T16:02:03 Response from the vendor

thank you SO much for such a fantastic order! You are a dream customer!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Iriet S

There are not enough words I can say to say how amazingly wonderful Shakar Bakery is. A dear friend/wedding coordinator recommended her. From the very start, Shantal was attentive, creative, sweet, and all around incredible! I approached Shantal with my dessert table ideas and... Read More she brought them into complete satisfaction. I have been a maid of honor in 3 weddings and a bridesmaid in 7. I have seen it all! I wanted my dessert table to top all others and I have to say it absolutely did! Instead of a wedding cake, I desired a groom's cake special for my sweet in the shape of the 'Death Star' space station from Star Wars. My fiance at the time, now husband is a huge Star Wars fan and as I was having a somewhat Star Wars themed wedding, I needed the Death Star cake. Along with the groom's cake, I chose a dessert table filled with all kinds of yummies. From cake pops to chocolate covered oreo cookies with bride and groom decorative on top, lemon bars, cream puffs, mini cupcakes, to candy galore...Shantal made my dream table come true. At the end of my wedding night continuing to today when I show all my delicious pics, I get soooo many compliments on my dessert of choice. Four days prior to my big day, my cake toppers that I ordered off Etsy in the design of Han and Leia got lost in shipment from the UK. I called Shantal at Shakar Bakery and told her my story. She created the identical cake toppers in a matter of one day out of clay so I may have for a lifetime! She turned my frown upside down and released my big wedding stress. Shantal, thank you for making my day the most delicious ever!!! You are absolutely amazing and I will always tell your sweet story!

2015-08-07T16:02:28 Response from the vendor

thank you so much! Your orders have always been special to me :)

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Dani M

Shakar Bakery baked our 40th Anniversary 3 tiers cake. We ordered hazelnut (nuttela) Chocolate. Not only the cake was delicious, but it was also a piece of art without sacrificing "organic" top quality ingredients she used to bake our cake. Shantal also delivered & set up the... Read More cake at our venue on time. She is dependable, pay attention to details and her artistic "nurdie" creativity shine every time. At the next event we will re-order again from Shakar Bakery. Thank you Shantal for a work well done, Dani

2015-08-07T16:02:40 Response from the vendor

thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015

We ordered our wedding cake from Shakar bakery and loved it. I adored that cake with all my heart. When we met the owner "Shantel" we knew she was great from the moment one. She is a careful listener, a brilliant mind, and a solid personality. Shantel knows how to marry science... Read More & art for a magical result. As for the taste, her cakes taste like home-made with an unusual texture(only achieved in homemade baking) with just the right amount of sweetness! Also, I wanted a "hard-to-make" ruffles and vintage looking laces on the cake and for sure she made them perfectly. 7 months passed from our wedding & I had to order my new hubby's birthday cupcakes from her, so we could re-live all that joy again :) Thank you Shakar Bakery!

2015-08-07T16:02:49 Response from the vendor

thank you so much for your loyalty!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015

If you're looking for unique and delicious STOP right here and look no further!!!! I have worked on a few weddings with Shantal and have tasted many of her wonderful confections, everything is so amazing and fresh. You won't get a boring cake design or taste from here. I mean... Read More where else in LA are you going to get an upside down wedding cake or a fresh chocolate chip cookie layer cake. Remember until you walk into your reception your cake is the STAR so why not give people something to talk about.

2015-08-07T16:03:00 Response from the vendor

thank you so much for all of your orders!

Absolutely breathtaking

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Simone B

When I decided to get married I knew my wedding cake had yo be something special. I wanted a chandelier cake and many bakers I spoke to were unable to create it. I met Shantal by accident looking for my chair rentals and from the first meeting to my wedding day she was... Read More professional, accommodating, and so creative with ideas. She made my vision come to life. And on top of that, the cake was DELICIOUS. From now on, the only person doing my cakes will be Shantal!

2015-06-25T19:07:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Bringing your chandelier cake to life was one of the highlights for me! It was absolutely stunning. Thank you for trusting me and I look forward to all of our future orders together!

Shakar Bakery is fantastic!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Lori B

Shakar Bakery is my go-to bakery! She's been baking and creating for our most memorable occasions: engagement cake based on a "driving cross country" theme, tea party bridal shower cake, dessert table for a Twins Elephant-themed baby shower, and eventually Carnival-themed first... Read More birthday cakes for my twin boys. She is creative, thoughtful, and dependable. She pays close attention to detail and provides quality as well as quantity. She will work with you closely from the beginning stages to the final product. Shakar Bakery says "beauty stems from simpliciticy" and her cakes/desserts are exactly that: elegant and tasteful. If you are looking for a unique cake with delicious flavor, Shakar Bakery is the one!

2015-06-25T19:08:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It's definitely been a pleasure baking for all of your major events! Looking forward to all future cakes <3