Sharaya Mauck Photography

Kansas City & Destination

Beautiful, Unique & Fresh photos for today's Bride

I believe that you deserve fresh, crisp, magazine quality images that tell your own unique story. I strive to create beautiful, timeless images that evoke the feeling of your Wedding day for years to come! Contact me today to set up a free consultation! Booking 2015 Weddings!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Shawnee, KS
Kansas City & Destination

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Jacky O

Hiring Sharaya was A) a NO BRAINER and B) one of the BEST decisions I made when planning my wedding! I found her by simply googling wedding pictures held at my venue. The minute I came across one of her photos (out of the hundreds of others I looked at), I knew she was the... Read More photographer for me. The first time I met her, I felt like I was talking to one of my best girlfriends. She truly cared about my love story, every detail of my wedding, and how I wanted my photos to come out. I of course had no idea what I was doing, so she helped and guided me along the way. She is professional, detail oriented, and personalizes everything (seriously I think she sent me 2 or 3 gifts in the mail!). My photos look like they are out of a fairy tale - seriously, who's wedding was that? Was that me?! My family can't stop talking about them and I can't stop staring at them. They are absolutely 100% what I wanted and are perfect. Thank you Sharaya!!

2015-09-09T10:35:20 Response from the vendor

Hi Jacky! You are so very sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words! I appreciate it greatly! Your wedding was so beautiful!!! Absolutely breathtaking! We also ended up with such beautiful weather to accommodate such a beautiful couple! You two have been so... Read Less Read More

Sharaya is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2015 Kimberly F

As soon as we met with Sharaya and saw her work, my husband and I immediately knew she was the photographer for us! She is the perfect mix between friendly and professional and managed to make having our pictures taken an enjoyable experience (neither my husband or I are... Read More "picture people"). I really wanted our engagement and wedding photos to turn out well because we have very few photos together compared to most couples and I wanted to be able to look back on our big day. I like to think I wasn't a "bridezilla" but I did get a little frustrated a couple of times and Sharaya couldn't have handled it better. It takes a special type of person to be thrown into a stranger's life-changing day and handle it like a champ! Our pictures turned out perfect!!!! We're SO ecstatic and wouldn't change a single thing about them!!! They're exactly what we wanted and I will recommend Sharaya Mauck Photography to EVERYONE!! Thank you for everything Sharaya!!

2015-09-09T10:52:02 Response from the vendor

Hi Kim! Thank you so much! You are so very sweet! You two have been so much fun getting to know you and Scott over this past year! I had so much fun with the two of you during your engagement in the fall, and... Read Less Read More

Simply the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Mariah D

Sharaya Mauck is one of the most talented photographers in the Kansas City area!! She is not only a tremendously talented artist but you will not find a more genuine and kindhearted person. I first met Sharaya through our husbands who are long time friends from college. I... Read More initially didn’t know much about Sharaya’s skills as a photographer but after we got engaged I went on the hunt for the perfect photographer to capture our wedding. At first, we looked at other photographers in the area because we didn’t want Sharaya to feel pressured into working on our wedding day. However, after interviewing two different photographers and looking at countless websites they just couldn’t compare to her work. I found myself stalking her website when other weddings would go up on her blog. We knew that she was exactly what we were looking for so we sat down with her to see if she would be willing to do it. I am SO glad she said yes! It was the best decision we made! Sharaya was awesome to work with throughout the planning process. She was never anything but professional and knowledgeable not only in her area of expertise but also with other vendors throughout the city. It was very clear to me that she loves working in the wedding industry, and strives to further her knowledge and artistry. She was very helpful in suggesting different locations when we were planning our engagement photos. I wanted something that would look kind of vintage with the option to take pictures in a field. Sharaya went ahead of time and scouted all the locations that we would take photos so that everything went smoothly and the light would be just right. She even worked around my crazy idea of those giant balloons that you see on Pinterest. She made us feel so natural and relaxed. When we got the pictures back we were blown away…they were so beautiful! We received so many compliments on them! The day of our wedding was one of the most hot and humid days this summer. We were all dying but Sharaya never even showed her discomfort. She was very effective at moving all of our rowdy wedding party into place to get the shots we needed quickly. Sharaya and her second photographer were so much fun to be around! I was very impressed with their constant professionalism and lighthearted attitude. They made it so easy to be ourselves and to expose all our emotions in front of the camera. I think that is a big part of why I love our wedding photos. We have posed photos but also moments that I didn’t even know they were there to capture. They did a great job of capturing a day that went by so fast on film so that we can look back and remember those special moments. Not to mention, she artistically photographed all the handcrafted details and fresh flower arrangements that we worked on for months and days before the wedding. We put so much effort into making our wedding a reflection of “us” so I am so happy to have these beautiful photographs to remember it by especially ones that we can proudly display in our home. We would definitely recommend Sharaya Mauck to anyone that is in need of a photographer!

Best wedding photographer ever!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Sam S

Sharaya was an absolute dream to work with I don't know how I got so lucky with her as a photographer! My photos were stunning, she was amazing my friends and family cannot get over how beautiful my photos turned out! Just looking at my photos takes me right back to that moment... Read More in time, how much better does it get than that! Book Sharaya you will be so pleased you did!

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Tiffany E

We are so happy with our engagement pictures from Sharaya! If our wedding was local, we would so have her do them! Our experience was better than expected, she is a joy to work with and the photos were phenomenal!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jamie M

I do not know where to start with reviewing how amazing Sharaya is! She has such a gift and is so talented with always finding the best angle or ensuring that you get the wedding pictures you always envisioned! We initially met with her after I saw her amazing photos on her... Read More website and I was worried she might be out of our budget, but after looking and reviewing MANY other photographers, Matt and I could not imagine anyone else doing our pictures. She is very easy to work with, organized and made us both feel so comfortable during our engagement and wedding photos. I cannot imagine having anyone else take our photos and we have received endless compliments about our beautiful pictures.

Hands down, best choice we made for the wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Sharaya Mauck and Sharaya Mauck photography was the best decision we could have made for our wedding. She was professional, fun and organized. Not only did she take the most amazing pictures I've ever seen, but she collaborated with the wedding coordinator and DJ to keep us and... Read More the wedding on schedule. The pictures were delivered in a timely fashion and were amazingly beautiful. 10 out of 10 stars.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Cheyenne B

Our photos turned out better than we ever could've imagined. They truly are a depiction of all the love felt and memories made on our day. Thank you!

Best photographer ever!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Jessica E

We are so happy we found Sharaya and worked with her for our wedding/ engagement pictures! We both are so thrilled with how the pictures turned out, we truly could not have dreamed of having photographs as beautiful as what she gave us. I would highly recommend Sharaya. She was... Read More so wonderful to work with, is extremely talented, and she really does go the extra mile to give you spectacular photos to remember your special day. You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Michelle L

Our daughter's wedding was in July of 2015. Before the wedding she told us the most important thing to her were the pictures because that is what she would have to look back on forever! So, she did her research and found the perfect photographer, Sharaya Mauck. Sharaya took... Read More her engagement and wedding pictures. These pictures are truly breathtaking! I cried when I first saw the wedding pictures. They are truly perfect and the memories they provide will last a lifetime! Sharaya is both fun and professional to work with! There will be no disappointment using her as your photographer! We love you and your work, Sharaya! Thank you from the bottom of our heart!

A Brides Best Friend!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Kirsten B

All the wonderful things I have to say about Sharaya would not be able to fit within this review, THAT'S HOW AMAZING SHE IS!!!!! I'm superrrrrr picky about photography, since I loving taking pictures myself, but I had known years before I was even engaged that I wanted Sharaya... Read More as my wedding photographer because her photos consistently amazed me! She is so genuinely caring and was extremely helpful in every aspect of our wedding planning! Without her, I don't know how I would've been able to create the wedding of my dreams! Her talent and eye through a camera lens is so artistic, yet simple and classic, and she is seriously the nicest, sweetest person! Sharaya truly is on your side through the whole process, cheering you on and helping you in any and every way possible. She was always, always there for us! We loved all the vendors she recommended, and all the products she offers are very well put together. I love you Sharaya!!! Thank you for giving us the blessing of viewing our memories in such a beautiful way! I'm so thankful for you!

2015-09-09T10:29:44 Response from the vendor

Hi Kirsten! Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for your very sweet words!!! YOU ARE AMAZING! :) I've really enjoyed getting to know you and Nick together over the past year! Your wedding was absolutely breathtaking! Not only was it so much fun to... Read Less Read More

Fogle Wedding

Reviewed on 8/24/2015

Sharaya, was absolutely fabulous! She is one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. She did a wonderful job on our engagement photos and wedding photos. :) I would recommend her in a heart beat. Our wedding was in Joplin, MO and she did an amazing job adapting to a new place and... Read More location she had never been to. You would have never known it was her first Joplin wedding. My family, husband, and I were all SOO happy with our photos. Love her!

2015-09-09T10:31:54 Response from the vendor

Hi Jessica!!! Thank you so much!! I have had so much fun getting to know you and Cody this past year! I had a blast with you photographing your engagement, and then traveling to Joplin for your beautiful wedding! Thank you for being tough through... Read Less Read More

Amazing Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Michelle C

Sharaya Mauck Photography was the best choice we could have made. Sharaya's attention to detail was perfect. The quality of her work has such a light, fresh and unique feel. She was very personal and asked in depth questions to get to know us. I enjoy looking through my... Read More engagement and wedding photos frequently. She did a perfect job at capturing us in the moment on our day. Thanks so much!

2015-09-09T10:37:17 Response from the vendor

Hi Michelle!!! Thank you so much! I've had so much fun working with you and Booker this past year! I loved capturing your engagement and beautiful wedding at the Vox Theater! What a wonderful day that was! I loved every part of it! You did... Read Less Read More

Beautiful memories!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015

Our daughter and Son in law married May 2, 2015. A few months have passed since that very special day, and what is left are great memories and the most gorgeous photos!! The important things to note on this review are: Sharaya is very professional yet extremely nice. You feel... Read More like she has been your friend for years! Sharaya and her assistant have tons of energy and eager to please. Most importantly are the beautiful photos she takes that will last a lifetime. Sharaya is fantastic! We have so many photos to prove it! Thank You So Much Sharaya!

2015-09-09T10:39:01 Response from the vendor

Hi Donna!!! Thank you so much for your amazing and sweet words!! Andrew and Shawna's wedding was so much fun! They are such an amazing and sweet couple who are so much fun to be around! Seriously, their wedding was such a fun day!!! I've... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Paige S

I can't even begin to express how amazing it was to have Sharaya there for our special day! She has a very unique eye for details! She offers so much with her packages and it is totally worth every dime! She is professional and the turnover on pictures is amazing and quick! She... Read More was a blast to work with and if she can make my husband smile in pictures she can make anybody! She will be our photographer for life now! She isn't just there to take pictures, she really does care about you and how you are feeling and wanting to make sure everything is as perfect as it can be! She isn't scared to think outside the box or even climb/get dirty for the perfect picture! It was such an amazing experience to have her there and capture this amazing day for us! We love her!

2015-09-09T10:41:45 Response from the vendor

HI Paige! You are so very sweet! Thank you so much for your very kind words! I had so much fun photograph you and Josh together! Your engagement session on the Christmas Tree Farm was so much fun (thank you for the hot chocolate by... Read Less Read More

Outstanding photographer!

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Andrew P

Sharaya was a pleasure to work with and we could not be happier with our wedding and engagement photos. I can not say enough amazing things about her and her business! My husband and I were initially nervous about our engagement session, thinking that it would be awkward to be... Read More in front of the camera. Sharaya made us feel very comfortable, giving us direction and laughing along with us when we felt silly! We were amazed when we got our final engagement photos. She clearly captured our love and the results were breathtaking. Sharaya is very easy to contact, organized and I had no worries that everything would work out for the wedding. On our wedding day, we had so much fun with Sharaya and her 2nd photographer Becca. She does a great job of actively coordinating the wedding party to get the perfect shot but at the same time being fun and relaxed to make the experience a blast! When we received our final wedding photos, we were blown away. It was amazing to relive this day through her beautiful photography. We have so many great photos, I don't know how we will ever pick out pictures for a wedding album! I recommend her to any friend with an upcoming wedding. Her passion for photography makes her an unbelievable artist along with a great business woman. Thank you Sharaya!!

2015-09-09T10:45:24 Response from the vendor

Hi Shawna! Thank you so much!! I've had so much fun getting to know you and Andrew this past year! What an amazing couple the two of you are!!! Seriously, so much fun to be around and photograph together! Your wedding at Club 1000 was... Read Less Read More

We love our pictures!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 julie b

I can't say enough good things about working with Sharaya for our wedding- it has been an excellent experience right from the start. Our situation was a little different in that we had a very short engagement (3 months), but still had a full traditional wedding with all the... Read More details. Due to the fact we had a short engagement, we didn't want engagement pictures; Sharaya tailored a package that worked for us that didn't include engagement pictures, but still provided us with everything we wanted for the wedding day (10 hours of coverage and two photographers was very important to us). Our first meeting went great, she has a great personality- upbeat, always positive and knows how to keep people engaged. During wedding planning Sharaya provided a lot of helpful information for planning for the day of (heel savers, umbrellas, transportation for wedding picture, timeline, etc) and the wedding day went excellent. I will be the first to say, I was exhausted with pictures and there was a couple times I thought the pose was a bit silly, then I remembered she is the photographer and I loved her work I saw online and that I just needed to trust and do whatever was requested, and WOW, I am very glad we did! Our pictures are amazing! We receive compliments from everyone who has viewed and personally, we can't pick a favorite- there are just too many! Sharaya did a great job working with our wedding party and families (including 7 kids aged 10 and under) and it shows in the pictures, people are relaxed and having a great time. Like I said at the beginning, there is just so many things to compliment- I highly recommend Sharaya Mauck Photography!

2015-09-09T10:49:02 Response from the vendor

Hi Julie!!! Thank you so much for your very sweet review! I appreciate it so much! What a perfect day your wedding in March was! It was so beautiful! I'm still so amazed how you pulled off such a spectacular wedding is three short months!... Read Less Read More

Sharaya Mauck Wedding Photography Review

Reviewed on 2/22/2015 Taylor M

Sharaya Mauck is an extremely talented, high quality photographer with a great personality. After extensive research she was chosen to photograph my daughter and son-in-law’s engagement and wedding. From the very beginning Sharaya was extremely professional, organized, and... Read More easy to work with through the whole process. She took it upon herself to get to know the bride and groom and their expectations. Sharaya followed through on everything in our contract. On the wedding day, she arrived on time and got started taking photographs right away. On what could be a stressful day, her cheerful way and smile was contagious making for a fun time. She did a great job of keeping us on schedule. Sharaya not only captured great photographs of the wedding party and activities, but she made sure she captured all of the extra details of the ceremony and reception. We are thrilled with the wedding photographs. There are so many beautiful, timeless, and unique photos that it’s hard to select our favorites to display. I can’t say enough about the wonderful job Sharaya did capturing the magic of the day. I trusted Sharaya would do a great job and she definitely exceeded our expectations. It was such a pleasure working with her. She went above and beyond, adding her special touches along the way. People are continually commenting on how much they love the wedding photographs and inquiring on who photographed the wedding. I’m always proud to say the extremely talented Sharaya Mauck! Our family will treasure the photographs and the memories for lifetime. I would highly recommend Sharaya Mauck Photography to anyone looking for a very talented, top quality photographer.

2015-09-09T10:59:14 Response from the vendor

Hi Dawn!! Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for your very kind review!! I had such a blast photograph Sam and Taylor amazing fall wedding at Longview Mansion! It was seriously a perfect day in every way! I loved all the amazing details that... Read Less Read More

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Samantha G

Sharaya was GREAT to work with. From day one she was very timely in her responses and informative about her packages, pricing and style. She was incredibly professional, sweet and fun :) Sharaya is easy to work with and goes above and beyond in all that she does. We highly... Read More recommend her.

2015-09-09T11:00:34 Response from the vendor

Hi Samantha! Thank you so much!!! I had so much fun getting to know you and Tyler last year! Your wedding was so much fun to photograph! We were so luck with such amazing weather and I loved how the photos turned out! It was... Read Less Read More

Working with Sharaya Mauck

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 christie g

My daughter chose Sharaya for her photographer. They immediately hit it off and Sharaya's enthusiasm and energy was contagious. She brought so much fun to the event with her fun personality. Her artistry and professionalism resulted in gorgeous photos. I highly recommend her!

2015-09-09T17:15:58 Response from the vendor

Hi Dawn! Thank you so much! I had so much fun photographing Addison and Brittany's amazing winter wedding at the Elms! What a beautiful day! Thank you so much for your very kind words, along with making my 2nd photographer and I feel so welcome... Read Less Read More

Nothing but good things to say!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Brittany P

I don't even know where to begin. We had a long engagement (2 1/2 years) so I began looking for vendors about 2 years out. I came across Sharaya and immediately knew we should meet with her. We had our first meeting with her and knew she was what we wanted so we booked shortly... Read More after. We had our engagement session which we were both so nervous for but she made us feel so comfortable for! We ended up having such a great time during the session. The pictures turned out absolutely amazing, we couldn't wait for our wedding. Now that we have gotten our wedding pictures back we are completely in awe. They are so beautiful and more than we could of ever asked for. I have gotten so many compliments on how creative our photographer was! also the journalistic qualities that came out in the pictures are just so real, so us!! I can't stop smiling at all of our photos and I we are just overfilled with joy!! We cannot say thank you enough to Sharaya and we can't wait to have her photograph other amazing mile stones we will have as husband and wife!!

2015-09-09T17:18:12 Response from the vendor

Hi Brittany! Thank you so much! You are so very kind and sweet! I had so much fun with you and Addison during your engagement! It made me so very excited for your wedding at the Elms in December! What a beautiful day that was!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Christine K

Sharaya was one of my favorite vendors! Before getting into her actual work, she was just super prompt and easy to contact during all of the planning. She is so informational and helpful! We got everything planned out ahead of time, with her professional input, and the day went... Read More off without a hitch! We didn't do a first look so that made our schedule super tight but I wasn't stressed one bit and we got all the shots I wanted to get. She was so much fun to work with during the big day! She would laugh with us when we had to do our "fake giggles" and I know that helped everyone feel a lot more comfortable in front of the camera. I received my pictures back a few weeks ago and WOW. I knew what I was getting myself into by seeing her amazing work on her website but I was blown away when I got to replay my entire wedding day through her artistic work!! She captured details and beautiful moments I didn't even notice that day with all the craziness. It was truly amazing getting to relive my wedding day and boy did she hit the nail on the hammer with capturing every single moment. I couldn't be happier with my experience with Sharaya and would recommend her to ANYONE! Thanks so much Sharaya for your hard work and capturing my wedding so perfectly!!! :)

2015-09-09T17:21:03 Response from the vendor

Hi Christine! Oh my goodness! Thank you so very much for your very kind review! You made my day! I had so much fun photographing you and Keith together for your fall wedding! What a perfect day that was! Perfect weather, perfect couple and perfect... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Photographs

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Nancy A

Sharaya was the photographer for my daughter's wedding this past September 2014. The photos are amazing! She captured every aspect of the day, all the little details (brides shoes, jewelry, garter, bouquets, programs, etc), and all the special moments a wedding day entails with... Read More precision and artistry! The bride & groom photos are absolutely beautiful. Her use of the natural light in the out door photos and the way she captured the ambience of the church and the beautiful ballroom for the reception is outstanding. She had never photographed at our venues before, so she visited both with my daughter prior to the wedding so she would have a better familiarity with them the day of the wedding. Finally, there were so many beautiful photos, I had a very difficult time choosing which ones to put in our parent album and to display. Kudos to Sharaya for her patience with me in that decision process! She also knows how to make brides feel very special from the moment she's hired. We would definitely highly recommend Sharaya Mauck Photography!

2015-09-09T17:22:59 Response from the vendor

Hi Nancy! Thank you so much! I had the best time photographing Mike and Dana's beautiful wedding at the President! What a wonderful day that was!!! Everything was amazing and so very well done! Mike and Dana looked amazing together! I always have so much... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Elizabeth G

Sharaya knows how to run a business. She is smart, creative and sincere. I was blown away by her work. I felt like every photo was worth printing. She uses high quality lighting and cameras. She had a phenomenal second photographer. She gets along well with other venders.... Read More Definitely recommend her. It's worth every penny and more!

2015-09-09T17:24:54 Response from the vendor

Hello Liz! Thank you so much! I had a blast capturing your beautiful fall wedding at Longview Mansion in October! What a beautiful venue and day! You and Adam are always a blast to be around and make my job so easy! I absolutely loved... Read Less Read More

Sharaya Rocks!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Becca D

Sharaya was so great!! I was a bridesmaid in a wedding she shot and she made taking pictures a experience fun, the poses were so contemporary, yet classy, and the pictures turned out fabulous! She made us look like we belonged in a Vogue magazine! I highly recommend her!!

2015-09-09T17:26:13 Response from the vendor

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I greatly appreciate it! You are so sweet!!! It was so wonderful to meet you at Cameron and Clairen's wedding at the Elms last August! What a wonderful day that was! They... Read Less Read More